(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

My hair is everywhere leh. On the floor, bed, pillow. Anybody experience bad hair fall? Ppl say if baby salivating alot, the mother's hair will also fall alot.
Me! I oso suffered bad hair loss for my #1. Now going thru again, scary...
And I juz started, more to loss.. Now is 3mths postpartum.
Duno how...

My hair is everywhere leh. On the floor, bed, pillow. Anybody experience bad hair fall? Ppl say if baby salivating alot, the mother's hair will also fall alot.
After i give birth to #1, the hair loss dun seem to have stop. Lucky i have very thick hair. But the whole house seems to have my hair everywhere. Me also 3mpp, and my boy just started to salivate a lot, playing with his saliva all the time.

my boi salivating when he eat his thumb or fist ..... omg ... I should not let him do it again. otherwise I become bald liao ..... :eek:

Hahhahhahhaha... u sooo funny leh!! Eat his thumb or fist eh? Hahahahaha...
.my daughter also loves her fist. Super wet the face alrdy. Now have to put on bibs alrdy. So easy to wipe off.

.my daughter also loves her fist. Super wet the face alrdy. Now have to put on bibs alrdy. So easy to wipe off.
Same here. My girl also likes to lick her fingers and fists! Reject pacifier! There's once her hands full of saliva and she slap a whole blob onto my hubby face. He almost go crazy!

Me! So sad to see all the hair clumps but nothing we can do. It's hormonal.

My LO is salivating a lot these days. Hmm....so it's true?

I have falling hairs too. It started when bb 3 mths old. Oh no.. my bb saliva a lot, meaning I will bcome bald soon loh.. :) my hair stop ever since I pregnant. . Now is back. And I have very fine hairs. Quite worry loh.

Yeah actually pregnancy does confer a lot of benefits like good skin and hair. And ppl give seat to u on mrt lol. Too bad it ends after 10 months.

Yeah actually pregnancy does confer a lot of benefits like good skin and hair. And ppl give seat to u on mrt lol. Too bad it ends after 10 months.

I tot first 4-5mths tummy not shown, not much ppl give up seats de.. Hehe. I agree preg time complexion aso better..

First time I took out bibs to use is not coz drinking milk....it is cos of her saliva...much easier to wipe if wearing bibs. :)

Does ur bb spit? Can fly far far kind... Tdy he spit mani times till kenna scold... Sigh. But can still smile. :(

Yes agree abit e good skin part! Now all my blackheads started sprouting out liao sighs…

Yesterday took e bus, got on and was wondering why no one give up seats for me… then realised im no longer pregnant hahahaha… still dare to stare at pple… felt so silly afterwards!

U all enjoy good skin during pregnancy? I don't. :(
I'm having pimples on and off.... got more serious on the 3rd trimester... pimples until around neck and chest area... few weeks after gave birth then recover.

U all enjoy good skin during pregnancy? I don't. :(
I'm having pimples on and off.... got more serious on the 3rd trimester... pimples until around neck and chest area... few weeks after gave birth then recover.
Ooops think different ppl got different reaction.
Ur skin is normally good is it? Mine is like really bad pre-pregnancy. Lol, I rather it be the other way round and have bad skin only during pregnancy!

Ur skin is normally good is it? Mine is like really bad pre-pregnancy. Lol, I rather it be the other way round and have bad skin only during pregnancy!

Me too. I have pimples on face and very dry skin on the body pre pregnancy. Once I pregnany, my skin become so smooth. . Now, dry skin is coming back. Anyone got knee cap pain? I got this problem after gave birth.

Me too. I have pimples on face and very dry skin on the body pre pregnancy. Once I pregnany, my skin become so smooth. . Now, dry skin is coming back. Anyone got knee cap pain? I got this problem after gave birth.
Me! Kneecap oso pain after birth. I only realise this when I go back work cos the toilets are squat type. Once squat, got difficulty getting up..

@gleaflim and @highness i also have the knee pain. Actually I attributed it to carrying my bb up and down cos she is pretty heavy...

As for skin, I was wondering if gender of bb plays a part? Heard tt bb gal gives u gd skin during pregnancy but not sure...

@gleaflim and @highness i also have the knee pain. Actually I attributed it to carrying my bb up and down cos she is pretty heavy...

As for skin, I was wondering if gender of bb plays a part? Heard tt bb gal gives u gd skin during pregnancy but not sure...
Haha contrary to that, i heard my colleagues saying girls will 'suck away' mama's beauty during pregnancy lol! I had some outbreak when i had her.. And i had v v bad lower back pain during confinement period. Went to do an xray. Think its cos joints loosen up during pregnancy..

Not really lor, will hv pimples n oily skin. Preg dat time totally dun hv!

Me me! I feel knee pain was due to carrying bb up n down cos was sleeping on mattress after CL left. Nvr felt knee pain before sighs, must be with age la…

I miss my complexion during pregnancy too. T zone not oily...no blackheads and pimples....all smooth. Hair not oily too. Now back to pre pregnancy skin.

I also experience some knee cap prob too. Not pain pain...these few days felt a bit aching when I bend.

I feel that I m old lady now. Sometimes need support to get up. I m also carry bb up n down during confinement. Now I can't start my gym exercise yet as knee cap problem. So my flabby tummy still there.

By the way, I confirm I can't put my bb in the pupsik pouch I bought. Never use before. If any mummies interested let me know. I can sell half price. Is m size. It looks so easy on the u tube demo.. but Whn u really try on is different story.

Yes. . U will definately miss ur bb.. I took a week to get used to it n always looking foward to see him after work!

so tired every after work need to fetch #1 then go home. #1 needs to eat n shower, read story book and put #1 and #2 to sleep at 9pm-10pm.
Every day same routine. pumping at work also pai seh as i will be gone from desk about 15 mins for twice a day.

so tired every after work need to fetch #1 then go home. #1 needs to eat n shower, read story book and put #1 and #2 to sleep at 9pm-10pm.
Every day same routine. pumping at work also pai seh as i will be gone from desk about 15 mins for twice a day.
Jiayou... It's tough being working mummy. Can hubby help u with one of it, like reading story books?

Wah... U pump so fast, 15 mins niah. I got to go from 6th flr office to lvl 1 storeroom. Pump 10+10mins and if plus washing pump, Shd be Mia for 45mins per session. Dats y I try to pump once only during lunch time. :(

Both my wrists start to hurt now...cos need to carry bb with palms supporting neck and butts everytime from rocker, changing mat, cot etc... Plus during latching need to hold her head and aim at (.)(.) before resting her head on my arms. She's getting heavier...no strength. Doesn't help with all e bending or squatting down to carry her from rocker. Wondering am I using the wrong strength to support her?

Ya.. everyday same routine. U got 2 to take care must be quite tiring for u. I only got 1 and I m already deadbeat.

Both my wrists start to hurt now...cos need to carry bb with palms supporting neck and butts everytime from rocker, changing mat, cot etc... Plus during latching need to hold her head and aim at (.)(.) before resting her head on my arms. She's getting heavier...no strength. Doesn't help with all e bending or squatting down to carry her from rocker. Wondering am I using the wrong strength to support her?
@happy08 , dun ignore the pain at wrist! I suffered for a year after gv birth to #1. Went to GP, had a jab but oni good for a week. It was untill I can't hold pen to write then I go to see Chen Mei Er sinseh to acupuncture. Went to see her every week to acupuncture but it was totally cure.

When do we need to buy those teething toy for bb to chew? My nanny sees my bb eating his own hands then ask me to buy. But he still hold yet. Any advice?

Wah... U pump so fast, 15 mins niah. I got to go from 6th flr office to lvl 1 storeroom. Pump 10+10mins and if plus washing pump, Shd be Mia for 45mins per session. Dats y I try to pump once only during lunch time. :(
Highness u pump once a time ur boobs still can take it ya? I need to pump at least twice otherwise will leak lor.... I also mia for pumping abt half hour.

When do we need to buy those teething toy for bb to chew? My nanny sees my bb eating his own hands then ask me to buy. But he still hold yet. Any advice?

Now can start letting bb hold soft rubber toys, train their gripping early is good.
Even not teething aso can buy n give him play...

My LO sleeps very late like 2+ 3am. (Deep sleep) and only fully wakes up at 12pm. Any advises to adjust her timing?

My lo previously slps 2am, den lately changed to 12am... Day time i purposely make him slp, on n off wake up milk (cos i latch on demand), if u bottle feed den try make it a habit after burp, change diapers mus slp. Den wake up 4-5pm play den bathe, keep bb awake all the way till bb fuss for milk..
I will aso switch off all light total darkness even bb fuss aso in dark i carry or pat to zzz.
Need to slowly tune their clock. I got friend's kid, treat day as night n night as day. I think untill ard 3yo, got c doc etc...cos night she awake to play n read books.
So must start early make them use to UR TIME, not their time. :) duno if it can work for u... Hope can at least work abit... Hehe

Ya me too. After bb last feed at 7plus, i will make the roon dark n minimize noise. I get my maid to pat him til he sleeps.

Also i secretly swaddle him when he's asleep, which helps him sleep longer. Silly me only started to do so last week. Thinking back, My confinement lady didn't swaddle him during his 1st month n keep complaining that he doesn't want to sleep argh! Then after she left, i always have difficulty making him sleep. Until one night i buay tahan swaddle him thinking he will struggle but when he's deep asleep, it works. By that time i already like 3 weeks sleep-deprived, only can nap 1-2 hours in afternoon n totally no sleep at night.

This week he's sleeping more at night, once from 8pm to 5am! Last night 9pm to 12am then drink n sleep til 5am. Got improvement at least!

My lo saliva is causing red patches on his face and sometimes neck. Anything I need to do or apply beside wiping his face often? It seems dry. Dun dare put moisturiser because I scared he will 'consume' some.

My lo saliva is causing red patches on his face and sometimes neck. Anything I need to do or apply beside wiping his face often? It seems dry. Dun dare put moisturiser because I scared he will 'consume' some.

I'm using california baby calendula cream. My boy is prone to having heat rashes on neck n i started to apply this after bathe, it works for him. Like a barrier cream like that. For more serious case, i use mustela stelatria cream or worst case use the steroid cream prescribed by pd. Or u can try applying breastmilk? Works for some babies!

I think barrier cream is better den moisturizer, cos moisturizer will stick to the neck n make it more wet. For my lo i only air dry and pat it dry .. So far less red but not fully recovered. Sometimes latch den forget to jus wipe his face/neck..hehe. Lazy me!!

My baby toes are very dry and red. Anyone know what is it? Is it because of wearing socks all the time?

Went to PD yesterday for vaccination.. PD said those dry patches on the toes are signs of eczema.. Sigh~ Both my husband and I do not have family history of eczema not sure why our boy has this..

Went to PD yesterday for vaccination.. PD said those dry patches on the toes are signs of eczema.. Sigh~ Both my husband and I do not have family history of eczema not sure why our boy has this..

Signs only.. Dun worry. Bb will outgrow. Now still young. After 1yr old if still have den can refer to national skin ctr. My girl only at 1.5yr old after 3 reviews den diagnose eczema cos my hubby side have history.
Jus wipe bb toe once awhile (air dry try not to wear prolonged hrs of socks lor) and dry or if got lotion jus apply, physiogel, qv lotion , etc is good for bath and moisturizer.

Signs only.. Dun worry. Bb will outgrow. Now still young. After 1yr old if still have den can refer to national skin ctr. My girl only at 1.5yr old after 3 reviews den diagnose eczema cos my hubby side have history.
Jus wipe bb toe once awhile (air dry try not to wear prolonged hrs of socks lor) and dry or if got lotion jus apply, physiogel, qv lotion , etc is good for bath and moisturizer.

Not only his toes, his elbows and kneel also got some red patches initially I thought they are due to heat..

Not only his toes, his elbows and kneel also got some red patches initially I thought they are due to heat..

Den got chance is eczema..all the joints right? Must start take care dun let it spread.. Ya cos looks reddish den more like heat rash. Eczema Can control de... :) dont worry babe!

Den got chance is eczema..all the joints right? Must start take care dun let it spread.. Ya cos looks reddish den more like heat rash. Eczema Can control de... :) dont worry babe!

Hope he can outgrow it.. Need to change to a richer lotion liao..

Ya me too. After bb last feed at 7plus, i will make the roon dark n minimize noise. I get my maid to pat him til he sleeps.

Also i secretly swaddle him when he's asleep, which helps him sleep longer. Silly me only started to do so last week. Thinking back, My confinement lady didn't swaddle him during his 1st month n keep complaining that he doesn't want to sleep argh! Then after she left, i always have difficulty making him sleep. Until one night i buay tahan swaddle him thinking he will struggle but when he's deep asleep, it works. By that time i already like 3 weeks sleep-deprived, only can nap 1-2 hours in afternoon n totally no sleep at night.

This week he's sleeping more at night, once from 8pm to 5am! Last night 9pm to 12am then drink n sleep til 5am. Got improvement at least!

I also did not swaddle baby cos he will always struggle and try to kick the swaddle away...! He's a light sleeper... dare not even touch him when he's in deep sleep. If not must start all over again... haha.

I'll try to swaddle him tonight see how... heheh

I also did not swaddle baby cos he will always struggle and try to kick the swaddle away...! He's a light sleeper... dare not even touch him when he's in deep sleep. If not must start all over again... haha.

I'll try to swaddle him tonight see how... heheh

Yes try try!! Actually when asleep liao should be ok to do so. Mine hates it when he's awake so i thought sure fail but managed to do so, hope u succeed!! I still fail sometimes lah but quickly pat him can succeed 2nd time. Aiyo like being a thief like that my mum says lol. I was on the verge of going crazy then so it's life-saving for me

Back