(2014) ivf mummies support group

ImageUploadedByForum1436366918.059772.jpg

I bought these from Amazon directly and brought it to NZ for a winter holiday.

It's impt to fill to the brim to keep the heat but even if I don't, it's hot instead of warm by the end of the day. Definitely need to blow before I feed.

The small flask 0.2l don't last as long as the big but certainly still better than Tiger. I used Tiger for a winter trip in London last year and by afternoon, I was pouring water from just the flask without the need to mix.

In terms of quality, it's Zoji > Tiger > Thermos for me.

For me I'm using zoji hot water flask still. I also find not those super hot after 4hrs and so. Maybe I use it to warm bm so I find not hot. But I always don't preheat the flask before storing hot water. Same as my food flask. I'm currently using tiger 250ml cause more compact when bring out and I can fill food to brim. Use zoji still a lot space. But I like zoji colors

Don't know why I'm just so excited over this coming fair lol. Not that I have a lot to buy but just go walk and squeeze crowd I also happy lol. Maybe it's like a mini time off for me able to sneak out do my stuffs. Wonder if tomorrow the crowd will be mad?

How have u ladies start planning for baby 1st bday? Cake, venue and how u all going to party pack goodies bag for other kids? I'm actually very lost.

I just finish doing my boy first bday party. I do it at aloha chalet, end of day is super shag, my boy knows how to walk around n there's no baby chair or cot to trap him when we are packing up. So we didn stay in the chalet at all. After the party is over we came back home to sleep. Better for all of us

Yes snow I also think I won't enjoy in a chalet. I also book chalet for my girls big 1 but thinking if comfortable to stay over a not or just go home after the whole party.

Yes snow I also think I won't enjoy in a chalet. I also book chalet for my girls big 1 but thinking if comfortable to stay over a not or just go home after the whole party.

I think go home better, coz by then if both ur gals know how to crawl n walk then u will be chasing after them n can't even pack ur things properly unless u got ppl to help carry them.

I am thinking of throwing her 1st year birthday party at My Gym or Raffles Hotel. DH wants to go to Australia to celebrate.

So those who had gone for the baby fair, what did you buy?

I saw this stroller called 4 Moms. Wow I was very fascinated by its technology. It's like a transformer! With a turn and a press on the button, the stroller will collapse and be folded on its own. Then with a turn and press on the button again, it will stand up on its own to the full stroller. It runs on lithium battery and as you push the stroller, the battery is charged up at the same time! So no need to worry about battery being flat.

I went to the fair just now. Bought toy leash, suction plate, thermal flask , eys stuff, pj ... and books from popular sale :)

can put baby on stroller while adults packin? does it help? i can imagine at the of é party everyone will b tired!

That's provided if ur bb is willing to stay inside stroller. For my boy he doesn't like to be inside stroller. He like ppl to carry so my combo stroller has become a white elephant n kept inside storeroom liao.

Whaohahaha it's madness! The fair is over! I didn buy any major big items but also spend quite a bit. So happy to go c and shop. Lucky I got a gd shopping Kaki that day who spend 1.3k lol

i tried sweet potato, carrot with sweet potato n puree in packets...

baby had influenza immunisation w/heb b.. 2nd dose need 2b jus aft 1m...

hows everyone?

I have started porridge with pumpkin/butternut, sweet potato, carrot and threadfin.

I also had given her butternut with chicken, and sweet potato with salmon. She didn't quite like it. I guess they are a bit drier and salmon has a distinct smell and taste. However, she's okay with threadfin.

Also started baby led weaning. Gave her finger food and let her self feed. Not very successful. Will train again.

Also started to feed her plain rice and food that we eat. Like a few grains of rice each time to let her get used to the texture. Other foods like tofu, brinjal, bread, pancake, waffles, ice cream, durian, all in small chunks.

Started her straw cup instead of sippy cup. She still doesn't get the concept yet. So I changed to training cup. Bought this OXO Tot training cup from Amazon. She loves it! Really drink like when she was a newborn at KKH (when they don't recommend introducing bottle too early to avoid nipple confusion). The con of this training cup is that it doesn't have a cover to cover up after drinking. So the water is exposed to the air. Also bought OXO Tot straw cup. The lids are interchangeable.
ImageUploadedByForum1437068932.326771.jpg

Ya salmon has a very strong smell which my girls refused too. Need to mix with butternut then better abit. I'm running out of ideas to cook what for them already. I tried cod and threadfin, chicken, pork and beef. Veg wise butternut, broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, spinach, zuchini. Fruits wise avocado, blueberries, peaches. I started with blw but really very messy so tend to feed them now instead. Even feeding can be very messy.
How does a training cup works faith? My elder know how to use straw cup already but younger doesn't.

Iwahb, if you see the picture that I had posted, the lid on the left, is the training cup cover. Basically it has holes and baby just drinks directly from the cup. The holes let the water flow out a bit but not too much. But if tilted too much, the water will still flow out a lot and spill.

I realise bottle fed babies tend to be able to drink from sippy cup/straw cup earlier. Breastfed babies are slower. Am I right?

Iwahb, wow u even give beef already! i still waiting to start them with chicken at 8th month.. giving them fruits, veggies n millet porridge so far..
Veggies: Butternut, Green beans, Garden Peas, Sweet potato
Fruits: Apples, Avocados, Apricot, Banana, Pears, Plum, Prunes, Peaches, Nectarines

Hello mummies! We are really quiet nowadays! Guess we are all busy preparing solid foods for LO, feeding and cleaning up the mess.

What do you usually feed your babies? PD asked me to feed my girl 3 meals a day: cereal, porridge, porridge. But I didn't follow. I'm feeding her 2 meals a day. Do you all feed porridge all the time?

Who is still breastfeeding? Or change to FM already?

Who is going to start for #2 soon?

i m feedin once a day durin weekend.. coz mummy is lazy.. ifc usually once solid a day also... really messy at times...

i m formula plus night n outing latch...

if we preg w/num#2 now. the age gap is 2yr.. but how i wish so easy.. menses not back.. i think é pcos irregular cycle back..

how abt u faith? do u hav frozen?

Faithfullyyours, i m feeding twice a day. my twins doesn't like cereals... so i give them millet porridge make into puree n mix with veggie(breakfast) & fruits(lunch)

i am still tbf dl for both... only use fm if making avocado

Joy, I still have 4 frozen embryos. That day I brought my girl to KKH for check up and also wanted to ask Dr Tan HH if I must really stop BF before going for FET. My plan is if everything is successful, give birth to #2 in 2016. Like what you said, age gap is 2 years. But I didn't get to see Dr Tan.

Cheery, I started giving my girl chunkier chews. My girl also doesn't like cereals. Initially when we first started off with brown rice cereals, she was fine with it. Then as her palate of foods widens, she doesn't like cereals anymore. She always eats a few mouthfuls then stop.

I try to give her different menu everyday. I don't always feed her porridge. Today I give her minced pork with carrots, sweet corns and tofu. I also started baby led weaning by offering finger foods.

Cheery, I'm wondering how you manage feeding your twins. It can be a real mess.

joy, i give them organic packham pear as it recommended.. not gg for #3.. hands full with both of them...

faith, i din start off with cereals... gave them fruits puree at the beginning.. also gave them different menu for each meal.. just started with both meals with porridge n adding different food.. cos they not 8 mths yet so still restricted to introduce many food..
Usually a day i will give them a fruit n a veggie puree mixed with baby rice or millet porridge for the 2 meals..

definitely messy.. feed one at a time... just clean up at the end of the feed.. during feeding if they put their fingers into their mouth i will wipe str away.. i use those bigger feeding bibs so the food wun drop everywhere..

Cheery, how old are your twins already? 7 months? Will baby rice or millet porridge be too fine for them at this stage?

I've never given my girl baby rice or millet porridge. Rice cereal from Nestle yes. I just use our normal rice to cook porridge. Should be okay, right?

Cheery, you don't have to wait till they have teeth then you give chunkier chews. Initially I also thought the same like you. Then during the last baby fair at Expo, while I was having my meal at the food court, I saw a grandma feed her grandson plain rice. So I was curious about the age of the boy. The grandma said her grandson is 9 months old and has no tooth yet. So I went back home and read up. Actually babies can chew with their gums even though they don't have teeth yet. So I started to give my girl soft, chunkier chews. She's taking it fine. Only recently then she has teeth coming out.

thanks cheery

faith-if u wan 2016 baby u need 2start plannin now.. hav ur menses returned? è last mth for et is apr 2016, n if u doin medicated fet, need 2start med b4 tat.. if u takin the hormone med i dun think u wan 2bf ur ger... we never know if it will pass through i feel..

have ur menses returned? i think mayb need 1 or 2 round of
normal menses 4è body 2be ready n mayb try natural b4 startin fet..

i dun hav any frozen.. n my menses not returned.. now "she bu de" 2stop bf-ing.. so if we never get 2strike natural by smwhere in 2016, i need 2somehow pull myself n all è energy 2do fresh all over... last co-fund also.. hope this ndp extend the co-fund to 4times...

as my baby start solid n start flippin n want 2crawl... we need 2think of ttc again.. smtimes i stare at the box of unopen needles...

Faithfullyyours, i read tt if baby can sit up on their own is ok to give chunkier chews.. but mine still cannot sit up yet.. only can sit with support.. so tts y i nv introduce chunkier chews scare they not ready later choke...

Joy, my menses has not returned yet because I'm still BF. Yeah like what you said, I also 舍不得. Really hope to BF till she self weans but that also means to have #2 will be delayed. I'll keep the timeline in check. By April 2016 to have FET.

Joy, I also have kept the box of unopened needles. Sometimes I do stare at the needles too.

Cheery, yeah you're right. Forgot about the part that they need to sit up on their own.

Anyone takes good care of yourself like not eating too cold stuff... ? I drink cold drinks every now n then. Forgot about all tcm said :(
So if going for no. 2 must tiao body again?

i tak coffee cold drks n food all é tim n cold shower time 2tim.. almost right aft confinment...

faith-hope u strike naturally n wean off ur ger as ur pregnancy develops...

ete-u plannin for num#2 already also?

I also take a lot of cold stuff after confinement. Yeah I think we must tiao our bodies again if we wanna go for FET. The thought of doing acupuncture and drinking TCM is like.....wonder if I can manage going down to Dr Zou weekly with firstborn. Last time was easy. Just go there after work.

i never do fet b4 coz i dun hav any extra 2freeze.. but i think if u can ovulate naturally can do natural fet... for those with condition like pcos mostly will do medicated 2control è cycle otherwise cycle abort rate will b high...

ehh.. i dun rem.. but do u hav any condition tat made u try ivf?

é weather now is bad.. i really tak cold drks like plain water...

Keke... I'm not the only one drinking icy water!
Don't know about no. 2 but I do wish my baby to have a sibling. Not likely to be 2 yrs gap coz I don't hv any fet.
BTW have anyone heard that some old gynae not doing delivery due to high insurance cost?

Sooooo many msg!!! I really too busy to come in. Ok I try to reply some qns I see but maybe can't remember all names hehe.

Faith, I just keep giving straw cup for them everyday to try. They grab and take and bite the straw and suddenly one fine day elder just know how to drink cause she spit the water out. But I stop again now cause find they don't drink much from the straw cup.

Cheery ya I give minced beef cause heard many say it's good. Rich in iron. I guess my girls don't really chew well also but I just try try chunkier food. I give 2meals if I can during weekends but usually will be same menu.

Joy my IFC gave two meals a day. Mrn porridge and tea time cereals or sometimes just rusks. I will then give porridge when they back. But they don't really finish everything. Some weekends when I'm out I don't even have time feed solids also so just on full breast milk.

I haven't stop pumping but reducing to 3-4x a day only if not enough will supplement with fm. Menses not back yet. I heard don't need to have menses before can get preg again.

I also wanna ask do you all still have a schedule for your babies everyday?

I realise ever since my girl's sleep pattern changed, I don't really have a fixed schedule for her anymore.

Iwantahealthybaby, i also plan to give them beef when they ready for meat.

faith, i have meal schedule for them.. Usually they nap after the meal.. other will be playtime

Cheery, for my girl, because she doesn't really sleep well at night, so somehow we have fallen into this "schedule" ourselves.

Girl wakes up at 8 plus in the morning. Nurse and go back to sleep till 11 plus. 12 plus first solid meal then nap. Then wake up and nurse and play. Then solid meal at 6 plus. 8 plus in the night bathe and sleep.

If we go out, it's totally haywire.

Faithfullyyours, wow ur girl sleep till so late after the nursing. mine quite routine as they wake up at 7plus then bath.. breakfast solids at 9am.. play awhile n nurse to morning nap.. then ard 1pm lunch solid.. even if go out i will bring their solids along n feed them ard the same timing.. Usually lunch feed or if not wait till finish lunch feeding then go out.. planning to introduce a 3rd Solids meal soon ard 5plus

Cheery, can you share how you prepare their solids for the 2 meals? You mentioned every meal, you try to give different stuff. How did you manage the time? Won't your twins cry for your attention while you're preparing food for them? You freeze the baby food? How many naps are your twins having now?

when u all feed banana n apple puree, how much of è fruit for 1 baby? half banana (è long del monte type), half or quarter of pear n apple? at è stage now, 7-8/9mths..

Back