IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Gd morning ladies... today is my D25 and menses like come liao but not v heavy.. issit abit too early?? I am an irregular period de so this round dr tan gave me nor-e to eat for 21 days..
my last cycle flow only abt 2.5days..so today consider D1??

Thanks for your info hopeful.. May i know how was your lining when doing your ivf? I have to cancel my previous iui twice cos my lining was only 6mm. Thinking willl estrogen supplement during ivf help to grow the lining more?

My first round IVF lining was ok but didn't made it to ET. 2nd round was just above 6mm but Dr Tan say still can be done, only below 6mm then he will abort the cycle. In fact i think my lining should have increased since the reading was abt 3-4 days old prior to ET. I was prescribed progynova to increase the lining. Also can take more red bean soup to increase lining.

@Elaneus if your problem lies with lining, he might prescribe u with progynova which supposedly helps to enhance your lining.

@jas249 Dun worry about not having symptoms. I think @meganl has not much symptoms during her 2ww but her hcg was super high. Anyway i think 3dp3dt is abit too early to have actual symptoms coz implantation hasn't really started. Jia you!
Hi shiro_ger, did u experience leakage fm crinone insert?

@queenie, first day of full menses call kkivf, they wl gv u instructions when to take ur progynova...i actuali collected my med when i see dr tan for my endo stratch..so for ur case, u might need to go down to collect ur med b4 ur day 4 menses...

I started taking 2 tablets (4mg) progynova fm my day 4 menses for 4 days (cd 7) n 3 tablets (6mg) till the first scan (cd 12).

On the day of scanning, if ur lining mt the desired thickness, the review doctor wl arranged ur ET. My first scan was on 27/5 n ET today..

Once the ET date is confirmed, u wl still need to continue ur progynova (3 tablets) n start wif progestrone insert fm the day of scan till ET. For me, i opt for the crinone insert, twice per day...after ET, progynova wl be reduce to 2 tablets n crinone continue to insert twice till BT..

if u need any further details...let me know..i wl see if i can ans u..:)

Thanks a million, jas249

I have olreadi collected my progynova on the day of review w Dr Tan.. So, all set to start end month..

Jiayou, babe! I wan to catch ur baby dusts Bef my FET.. :)

@milogal88 Hey, your symptoms sounds alright! Dun gan chiong ok! Hang in there!!!!

@queenie122009 Time flies when you are waiting to start ivf. Soon you will join us here!!! While waiting to start your cycle,, rem to continue eating ur supp, ok! I seriously think it helps. For me, i think the 2 weeks waiting for the 6-week scan is more torturing than the 2ww prior to BT. Maybe it's due to my previous mis-MC. Dun feel secured as long as i dun see heartbeat. Pray that i don't need to go through that kinda of disappointment again.

@jas249 Welcome to 2ww!!!! Believe in your sticky beanies during these 2 weeks.

Wah.. That's for tte reminder to take supplements. I almost forgotten all abt them after the last bfn.. Wat were u taking prior to ur cycle start?

I know, I know, the 6-week HB scan is reali another horrible wait..
But u ll make it there, perfectly & fine..

Jas249,

The thg abt FET is.. They r usual symptom-less coz we didn't hv to go thru ER, stim drugs.. So no bloated-ness etc.. Hack le, Juz brave thru the 2ww coz u never know wat goes on inside.. U on hL to rest @ home?

Thanks a million, jas249

I have olreadi collected my progynova on the day of review w Dr Tan.. So, all set to start end month..

Jiayou, babe! I wan to catch ur baby dusts Bef my FET.. :)
Thanks thanks Queenie :) but im already not feeling v positive so dun wanna pin much hope..who knows we mayb cycle buddies in june..lol

Hi shiro_ger, did u experience leakage fm crinone insert?

Yeah, got quite abit of leakage. Maybe becoz i din walk enuff after d insert? Dun sit down/lie down immediately. Walk around and do something for abt 15mins, leakage would be lesser and higher absorption too.

Wah.. That's for tte reminder to take supplements. I almost forgotten all abt them after the last bfn.. Wat were u taking prior to ur cycle start?

I know, I know, the 6-week HB scan is reali another horrible wait..
But u ll make it there, perfectly & fine..

I took conceive well gold n folic while hb took vigor ace.

Yeah, got quite abit of leakage. Maybe becoz i din walk enuff after d insert? Dun sit down/lie down immediately. Walk around and do something for abt 15mins, leakage would be lesser and higher absorption too.
Yest n today the leakage is quite alot..sigh!!! The day b4 yest was quite ok so not sure if is the embbies stop growing thus resulted the leakage...:(

Jas249,

The thg abt FET is.. They r usual symptom-less coz we didn't hv to go thru ER, stim drugs.. So no bloated-ness etc.. Hack le, Juz brave thru the 2ww coz u never know wat goes on inside.. U on hL to rest @ home?
No...im not on HL...gg back ofc tmr..

Yest n today the leakage is quite alot..sigh!!! The day b4 yest was quite ok so not sure if is the embbies stop growing thus resulted the leakage...:(

No la, mine oso initially was quite ok. After tt more and more. Try to walk around abit more after inserting. So long you are not spotting, shld be alrite wan. Jia You.

Hi Elaneus, yes Dr Tan did it for me. I did SIS and then he did hysteroscopy for me. He said mine was mild case, some slimy strips of scar. He said if I have serious case of scarring, he need to insert the IUD in to prevent regrowth of scar and will need to wait a few more mths before can even do IVF.

hopeful 13 can i know the period from hysteroscopy to ivf cycle process? How long you take for your ivf cycle to start off?
Thanks for tips on red bean soup..bcoz my lining wasnt good either even after taking prygonova..lining remains same...now sort of deligently taking red bean soup and folic acid till aptmt with dr.tan...

Ladies... today is my D2 and i call kkh hotline but they not open yet.. thinking if the chances of asking me to go down today is possible or they will just ask me to go down tomorrow??

@wondersss, Usually for those who called on D1 and D2 is a working day, they will ask us to go down for scan as well as to collect meds (for fresh cycle). But there were also cases where scans and collection of meds were done on D3, It's best that you try to call them again.

hopeful 13 can i know the period from hysteroscopy to ivf cycle process? How long you take for your ivf cycle to start off?
Thanks for tips on red bean soup..bcoz my lining wasnt good either even after taking prygonova..lining remains same...now sort of deligently taking red bean soup and folic acid till aptmt with dr.tan...
@hajar, it took me about 3 mths between hysteroscopy and IVF to start. But actually after 1-2 mths I think can start already depending severity of condition. Mine was mild case.

@hajar, it took me about 3 mths between hysteroscopy and IVF to start. But actually after 1-2 mths I think can start already depending severity of condition. Mine was mild case.
Thanks for your response...mine was like between mild to moderate...
if i were to change from private to subsidise rate will i still get dr tan and the date booked for me?

@wondersss, Usually for those who called on D1 and D2 is a working day, they will ask us to go down for scan as well as to collect meds (for fresh cycle). But there were also cases where scans and collection of meds were done on D3, It's best that you try to call them again.
Hi shiro_ger, thanks!! Jus manage to get them and they ask me to go down tomorrow..so im starting tomorrow officially.. wish me luck!!!

Thanks for your response...mine was like between mild to moderate...
if i were to change from private to subsidise rate will i still get dr tan and the date booked for me?
Hmm if you go under subsidise, don't think u can choose your doc. They will appoint a doc to you.

Sorry to start the week with bad news ladies...but am out this time....yest morning had severe cramps and bled and passed out a big clot. Went to get proluton at tmc. Came kkh to scan and nothing in womb and hcg dropped. So that's the tragic news. Wonder why it's happening. Painful but have to swallow and persevere. Wonder how long have to wait before FET.

Sorry to start the week with bad news ladies...but am out this time....yest morning had severe cramps and bled and passed out a big clot. Went to get proluton at tmc. Came kkh to scan and nothing in womb and hcg dropped. So that's the tragic news. Wonder why it's happening. Painful but have to swallow and persevere. Wonder how long have to wait before FET.
I am sorry to hear. Pls take care and rest well.

Sorry to hear tht.. mesara.. take care n be strong... *hugs*

Wondersss, I am going down tomorrow too! :)
Heehee.. so i see u tml...
Im actually v scared cos i start to fall sick now... ytd night my nose start to get runny all night n insufficient sleep.. now my body start to ache n bad headache.. sob sob... how ar??? Can eat med???

*Hugzz* You ok, gal? Did you manage to see Dr THH? Or plan to see Dr LSF? I know no words can ease your pain. I just hope that you'll be strong to move on. After this episode, you might need to do a mini confinement and tiao your body while making plans for the next FET (usually 3 months gap for menses to regulate). Just wondering if you could request to do chromosome testing as you also had a previous MC.

Heehee.. so i see u tml...
Im actually v scared cos i start to fall sick now... ytd night my nose start to get runny all night n insufficient sleep.. now my body start to ache n bad headache.. sob sob... how ar??? Can eat med???

Drink more water and make sure you stay hydrated. I always get stuffy nose during stim but had to avoid other meds. So i pumped myself with tonnes of water and the stuffiness did ease up.

@mesara I am so sorry to hear that. Pls take care of yourself. Look on the bright side, you have healthy embryos waiting for you. Dun be discourage. take care.

@jas249 yes I have no symptoms at all. Also dun know good or bad. Till now also not much. Its different from my first pregnancy. Dun feel very good until I confirm my scan this Friday. Meanwhile, dun think so much and hope for the best.

@meganl Dun say too early le. I oso told my hb last week that i dun hve much symptoms except for backache and occassional cramp and is not different from my 1st pregnancy. Since Sat, i was having nausea for the whole day and now still like that. It's like worse than actual vomiting coz at least something come out. No food seems to be appetizing but i feel so hungry every few hours. Really Fat.Die.Me. Your scan coming soon, should be able to see flicker liao since your hcg started off quite high.

@shiro_ger hahai remembered my ms quite bad until 5th mth. If my hcg level so high, was expecting to have ms early. So quite worried. This time round u planning to travel? I am thinking shd i travel on 2 trimester. Planning for leave now :p

Sorry to hear that mesara. Cry it out and take time to grieve.

*Hugzz* You ok, gal? Did you manage to see Dr THH? Or plan to see Dr LSF? I know no words can ease your pain. I just hope that you'll be strong to move on. After this episode, you might need to do a mini confinement and tiao your body while making plans for the next FET (usually 3 months gap for menses to regulate). Just wondering if you could request to do chromosome testing as you also had a previous MC.
I seriously don't know how I am feeling.....v lost and helpless since I saw clot yest. Does kkh do chromosome test gal.

I seriously don't know how I am feeling.....v lost and helpless since I saw clot yest. Does kkh do chromosome test gal.
Mesara, r u seeing Dr Tan HH soon? Maybe u ask him if chromosome testing can be done on your frozen embryo? I can fully understand how u feel.. The feeling of lost and helplessness.

Maybe go for a holiday with hubby to recuperate. Also see a TCM to tiao your body k?

@meganl Only 50% of women experience MS le. You are one of the lucky remaining 50%. My last pregnancy oso MS till end 1st tri. Wondering why so suai get nausea now. Am planning to bring my #1 to HK just before school hols in Oct. But my MIL said better not risk it coz of my previous MC. Will ask THH if i could travel in Oct. Where you planning to go?

@mesara There seems to be some criteria for PG testing and I think all hospitals can't do the test unless approved by MoH. However, i remember one of the gals in another thread also had problem carrying the pregnancy through. She wrote in to MOH for exceptional consideration and it was granted. Most of the gals went overseas such as Malaysia and BKK to carry out the test though.

@mesara, gosh!! My heart sank when I saw your post. Really sorry to hear that. Take your time to grieve and come back stronger. Other than chromosome testing, have you done any immunity checks? If not, you might wish to consider going to NUH. There is a recurrent pregnancy loss unit. I’m actually seeing Dr Sheila Vasoo but at her Mt E Novena clinic instead for my immunity issues. Hope the below info helps.

http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/wbn/slot/u2349/Articles/Recurrent_Pregnancy_Loss_brochure.pdf

Thank you sisters all for the well-wishes. Unfortunately, BFP didn’t happen for me. Actually I kinda know the result on Sat. Coz Fri I had spotting. As I wanted to move on earlier and enjoy my long weekends, I did a HPT on Sat morn to double confirm. To my shocked, I got a “Pregnant 1-2” on CB. Decided to just head down KKH for earlier BT and get more supports if beta levels are promising as I was hoping the spotting was due to one of the vanishing embryos. But beta came back at 16.1 only. I knew I have to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. In my heart I reckoned it might be a chemical pregnancy. Anyways, I was given oral support. What started off as watery brown spotting became clots and AF over the next 2 days. So the BT this morning confirmed it.

Much as I feel upset that the 2nd fresh failed again, on a brighter note, (1) implantation did take place (2) I currently have 4 (D2), 1 (blast), 1 (D3) to try for FET (3) I finally see the word “Pregnant” on a HPT after so many years of trying and on ART!! Never have we come this close seriously. Meantime, will just wait for the appointment with THH on 8th July & I will discuss further action plans with my rheumatologist as well. Hopefully, we can succeed on the next FET.

So Jia You to all other ladies whom are starting their cycles. And Good Luck to @twinkletot & @jas249 for your upcoming BT! Hoping to grab baby dusts from you ladies!

Mesara, r u seeing Dr Tan HH soon? Maybe u ask him if chromosome testing can be done on your frozen embryo? I can fully understand how u feel.. The feeling of lost and helplessness.

Maybe go for a holiday with hubby to recuperate. Also see a TCM to tiao your body k?
Im seeing TSB since Aug last year. You can consider her too. I had 2 ectopic pregnancies. My AF is much regular. From 45days to 30days. Moving on to ivf now. THH just referred me to kkivf last sat. Waiting for their call now. Cant wait to join the rest of u soon.

Im seeing TSB since Aug last year. You can consider her too. I had 2 ectopic pregnancies. My AF is much regular. From 45days to 30days. Moving on to ivf now. THH just referred me to kkivf last sat. Waiting for their call now. Cant wait to join the rest of u soon.
Thanks gal. Actually I made appt with her Aug 5 thought can start an tai meds....now end up go back to square one. After ectopic how soon did u start tsb. Doc say I don't need d n c as sac expelled liao. Now just waiting for menses to flush out remaining things. Wonder how soon that will happen and hcg back to zero so that I can start all over again. Should confinement start now or must wait till menses flush out?

Thanks gal. Actually I made appt with her Aug 5 thought can start an tai meds....now end up go back to square one. After ectopic how soon did u start tsb. Doc say I don't need d n c as sac expelled liao. Now just waiting for menses to flush out remaining things. Wonder how soon that will happen and hcg back to zero so that I can start all over again. Should confinement start now or must wait till menses flush out?
Been mostly silent reader on this thread but I feel for u Mesara. You're a very strong and brave lady... wish u all the best... don't give up trying and take good care of your body for now.

Mesara, shld start your mini confinement now. My mc also no d&c done as sac expelled which Dr say is the least harmful to body. Menses came by the 5th week. Was bleeding for about 2 weeks after the mc.

Did u see Dr Tan? He told me to use HPT to check after 2 weeks and make sure it is negative. If it's still positive, need to go back immediately as they are worried still got tissue in the womb which might cause infection.

Do take care of your health k? *hugs*

Thanks gals for all the comforting words. No point crying over spilt milk. Have to move on. Will rest and heal and join sisters in 3 mth time for FET. ...
@mesara, I know no words can ease the pain u r gg thru now..is reali v hard for u esp yest...but we all know that u r a v brave n strong lady...u wl defintely come back wif a stronger body for ur beautiful embbies who r waiting for their strong mummy!!! Jia you!!! Most impt now is to recuperate ur body. Take care n rest well!!! We r all here wif u..

Am very sorry for ur loss. Pls take the time to grieve n heal. What doesn't kill u will only make u stronger.
God has a plan for everyone and I sincerely hope good things will come ur way soon.
Hugs

Back