(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

I am doing mine at TMC too. do we need full bladder for Oscar ? forgot already.... :D I am taking Oscar + harmony.

Wanna ask, how much weight did you gain during first trimester? I have gained 4kg and my mum told me im gaining too much weight. I always feel hungry and get gastric, reason why i eat all the time!

Wanna ask, how much weight did you gain during first trimester? I have gained 4kg and my mum told me im gaining too much weight. I always feel hungry and get gastric, reason why i eat all the time!

How many weeks are u at? I also tends to feel hungry and get gastric. I was initially warned by my doc my eating patterns might change to more meals frequency.

I didn't gain any weight prob due to busy work. I feel i shouldn't gain cos' i am big even before pregnancy. >.<

Hello everyone I am 12 weeks now. Want to ask if anyone's ms sickness is easing up yet. Just vomited all of my breakfast lunch and snacks... is this even normal?
Hello!

Its perfectly normal to experience morning sickness even at week 12. I actually had MS up till end of second trimester, although the frequency and intensity eased up after week 14. Not sure if this would be of any comfort to u, but gynae has attributed presence of strong ms to the well-being of the baby (i.e due to strong pregnancy hormones which means bb is doing well) so just manage whatever food u can take now and just rest more. Good luck!

Hi mummies

Went for harmony test on tuesday. Guess what? 2 days ago I was diagnosed with HFMD. I got it from my boy. But he did not have spots. Only high fever and sore throat. Turned out that there are 200 variants of HFMD.

My gynae office is closed. Have to let her know on Tuesday. Any ideas if my unborn child is affected? Went to 2 doctors and they told me nothing to worry. But i feel safer hearing from my gynae.

Adults HFMD is the worst kind ever. I am in pain. Blisters everywhere. And worst of all no medication at all.

I gained 1kg. At 12 weeks my bb measures 6.1cm. I can't believe how fast she/he grows.

Enjoy long weekend.... i am on one week mc.

Hi mummies

Went for harmony test on tuesday. Guess what? 2 days ago I was diagnosed with HFMD. I got it from my boy. But he did not have spots. Only high fever and sore throat. Turned out that there are 200 variants of HFMD.

My gynae office is closed. Have to let her know on Tuesday. Any ideas if my unborn child is affected? Went to 2 doctors and they told me nothing to worry. But i feel safer hearing from my gynae.

Adults HFMD is the worst kind ever. I am in pain. Blisters everywhere. And worst of all no medication at all.

I gained 1kg. At 12 weeks my bb measures 6.1cm. I can't believe how fast she/he grows.

Enjoy long weekend.... i am on one week mc.

Take care nana09!

I think supposed to gain about 2kg in 1st tri and about half a kg every week after that. But might be water retention. Don't worry too much lar. Gastric doesn't sound like much fun on top of all the preg aches and pains. Maybe just eat small and frequent meals?

Take care nana09! Take more vit c, think it helps. Too bad pregnancy cannot use thieves oil, otherwise that is pretty good for recovering from hfmd.

I think won't affect baby... Only have risk of passing hfmd to baby if close to delivery date.

It seems to be extremely subjective and depends on individual. Some of my friends gained 30kg overall through pregnancy, while some gained less than 10kg overall. I personally only gained 7kg in my first preg. As long as gynae doesn't express concern, you shouldn't worry unnecessarily ya. U do measure weight at every visit right? So your gynae should be monitoring and will advise accordingly.

I've lost 4kg since the pregnancy is known due to lost of appetite. But recently has been eating more and often.. Hope I Don put on too much.. Btw I'm still in my first tri.

Actually when is the 2nd trimester? Some say pass 12 weeks, some say 40/3=13.3333 weeks.. I'm Confused.. I'm 13 weeks now, gained 3 kg. .

Dear mummies to be, this question may be weird or senseless. But have you guys notice there s like a thumping movement(not sure if this is the right word) at the tummy area if you lie down flat? I notice it recently and asked my husband could it be the baby's heart pounding. He said no, it's my stomach digesting food hence the movement. But, I just feel that it's the baby.....

Take care nana09! Take more vit c, think it helps. Too bad pregnancy cannot use thieves oil, otherwise that is pretty good for recovering from hfmd.

I think won't affect baby... Only have risk of passing hfmd to baby if close to delivery date.

Hi @tethysea , it seems like you are quite well versed with essential oils. I was given some oils from essential living, like thieves as well, but I think I'm staying clear till 2nd tri.
My friend has given me the Clarins tonic oil which is supposed to help w stretch marks. but I realised tht it has rosemary oil. I read that it might not be safe in pregnancy? But given the concentration, I'm not sure if its ok. Reviews seem to be mixed on this online..

Hi, do anyone done verifi pre-natal test before and the price for doing it? This is similar to Harmony test.

Dear mummies to be, this question may be weird or senseless. But have you guys notice there s like a thumping movement(not sure if this is the right word) at the tummy area if you lie down flat? I notice it recently and asked my husband could it be the baby's heart pounding. He said no, it's my stomach digesting food hence the movement. But, I just feel that it's the baby.....

I think maybe the expanding uterus is pressing on a blood vessel. No way can feel heartbeat lar... Though soon enough you should be able to feel the hiccups and baby moving. :) Think that's about 16weeks (or some times earlier for mummies with #2 or #3).

Hi @tethysea , it seems like you are quite well versed with essential oils. I was given some oils from essential living, like thieves as well, but I think I'm staying clear till 2nd tri.
My friend has given me the Clarins tonic oil which is supposed to help w stretch marks. but I realised tht it has rosemary oil. I read that it might not be safe in pregnancy? But given the concentration, I'm not sure if its ok. Reviews seem to be mixed on this online..

I only researched the ones I usually use, which is thieves and lavender. Lavender can be used sparingly after 1st tri for stretch marks if you want as long as no complications in preg. Dilute 1 drop to 1 tblspn carrier oil. But thieves is definitely no during pregnancy (but ok for breastfeeding) because of the rosemary... I prefer to err on the side of caution.

For #1, i felt tapping movements at week 17. Expecting to get it earlier for #2. Its gonna be fun.

The thumping movements are likely to be gas :)

I think maybe the expanding uterus is pressing on a blood vessel. No way can feel heartbeat lar... Though soon enough you should be able to feel the hiccups and baby moving. :) Think that's about 16weeks (or some times earlier for mummies with #2 or #3).

LOL OK ok guess I think too much :oops:

For #1, i felt tapping movements at week 17. Expecting to get it earlier for #2. Its gonna be fun.

The thumping movements are likely to be gas :)

Oh yar, gas. Sigh. Sorry a bit tmi but do you all feel that during preg it's like there's a rock concert going on in your intestines sometimes?

Oh yar, gas. Sigh. Sorry a bit tmi but do you all feel that during preg it's like there's a rock concert going on in your intestines sometimes?

Not sure though.

But coincidentally i started taking iron pills and since then i've been heading to toilet for the big business. For the record, about 5times within 24hrs! Is anyone experiencing? Or could it just be my weaker digestive system?

For the past 10++ weeks, my MS was still quite OK... quite acceptable... until yesterday... very bad nausea feel throughout the day... don't feel like eating anything at all... even swallowing my multi-vits is an issue... T.T Just wondering why the sudden worsening of my MS... it has disturbed my sleep last night too... anyone suffering the same? OKOK MS then suddenly MS turned worst...

I am expecting my #1 . Weeks 14 now. Having mild MS since weeks 8 until now. Get worst especially evening time. Always feeling bloated and gassy. Gained weight in about 1-2KG in my 1st trimester. Swallowing supplements like fish oil, multivit and calcium are an issue for me almost everyday. Making me feeling bad since the day that i knew i got a babby till today! :(

I am expecting my #1 . Weeks 14 now. Having mild MS since weeks 8 until now. Get worst especially evening time. Always feeling bloated and gassy. Gained weight in about 1-2KG in my 1st trimester. Swallowing supplements like fish oil, multivit and calcium are an issue for me almost everyday. Making me feeling bad since the day that i knew i got a babby till today! :(

^5! also in week #14 and expecting my #1... Used to be like you... Having MS worsening in the evening... but it just got worsened yesterday... started to have it whole day... very restless... Today was so much worse and terrible... lunch time coming and totally no feel to eat at all... T.T the thought of putting food into mouth makes me have the thought to puke...

^5! also in week #14 and expecting my #1... Used to be like you... Having MS worsening in the evening... but it just got worsened yesterday... started to have it whole day... very restless... Today was so much worse and terrible... lunch time coming and totally no feel to eat at all... T.T the thought of putting food into mouth makes me have the thought to puke...
5! we are almost having same condition.

I just missed my menses and tested that I am pregnant already. How to choose gynae? Is there any recommendations which gynae is good and packages/consultation etc is reasonable?
I have more or less decided to deliver at Mt Alvernia

I agree with the swallowing part! :( it's an issue to me.. Cos those are HUGE! No choice...

I'm one of the fortunate ones, no MS (hopefully baby is growing well), but I have issues with my GNC multi vits. I only feel unwell after eating them. Maybe too acidic or what.. I don't know... what other brands are there?

Bl77
My first bb also had higher than normal NT scan n my blood test is ok. 4yrs ago there's either amniocentesis or CVS which are both invasive. I went for e detailed scan at wk 18-slightly earlier than normal detailed scan to see if bb limbs are ok. Then the odds of having a downs bb is lesser. I was so worried for e rest of my pregnancy wif my first one.

Now my #2 I jus ha my blood test n oscar last wk. From e way I see it, the NT scan is agn higher than normal thou the blood test result is not out yet, most likely I guess it would be the same as my #1. Since noe there's non invasive test, most prob I'll be going for that.

Anyone have the same experience? Can share?

I'm one of the fortunate ones, no MS (hopefully baby is growing well), but I have issues with my GNC multi vits. I only feel unwell after eating them. Maybe too acidic or what.. I don't know... what other brands are there?

Currently taking blackmore brand... but the pills are like... superb big... one of the biggest I ever taken in my life... surprised that I actually managed to swallow successfully end of the day... though i saw online saying can prick it and drink or make it smaller... but don't dare to try cos scared the loss of vits...

Currently taking blackmore brand... but the pills are like... superb big... one of the biggest I ever taken in my life... surprised that I actually managed to swallow successfully end of the day... though i saw online saying can prick it and drink or make it smaller... but don't dare to try cos scared the loss of vits...

I'm also taking the blackmore multi-vit, and my least favorite thing every day is to swallow that big ass pill. :confused:

Not sure though.

But coincidentally i started taking iron pills and since then i've been heading to toilet for the big business. For the record, about 5times within 24hrs! Is anyone experiencing? Or could it just be my weaker digestive system?

Usually iron pills causes constipation leh. Maybe not related...?

I'm also taking the blackmore multi-vit, and my least favorite thing every day is to swallow that big ass pill. :confused:

I'm taking Blackmore's too but can you believe they used to be even bigger? Haha! Now new formula is slightly smaller. Those are not my biggest pills though, the calcium pills that my gynae prescribed are the biggest ^^; Actually my biggest problem is fish oil tablets, cos I end up burping fishy smell for hours after, really make me want to puke!

Hi mommies, at which week do u take multivits? I'm at week 12, and my apptm w gynae is only at week 13. Shd I wait for the gynae to prescribe me the multivits or shd I start consuming those from outside?
And also, is buying from outside cheaper than from Thomson (TMC)? Thank you

Hi mommies, at which week do u take multivits? I'm at week 12, and my apptm w gynae is only at week 13. Shd I wait for the gynae to prescribe me the multivits or shd I start consuming those from outside?
And also, is buying from outside cheaper than from Thomson (TMC)? Thank you

Have you at least been taking your folic acid? That's very important during first trimester, at least 450mcg daily. I'm not sure where is cheaper but sometimes outside pharmacy have offers and discounts.

ImageUploadedByForum1433384424.715431.jpg

Above are the supplements I'm taking. Calcium, fish oil and similac one which contains folic acid and some other stuff. Not hard to swallow even when I take all pills (2 calcium, 1 fish oil, 1 similac) at a go every morning..

Btw.. Weight keep dropping since I know I'm preg.. Now 14 weeks preg

Back