Help? Clueless to IVF. Dunno where to go.

dot13

Hi all.. I am new to this. I cant seem to find the details that I want to find because there are just so many pages to look thru. So sorry to jump ship like this but I really need some guidance from the experienced ones. I just went to my gynae today and was advised to go through IVF procedure. However, hubby n I are clueless as to where to start. After speaking to a friend who went thru IVF n got preggy thru it... We were looking at seeking medical help from SGH or TMC. But then i saw a thread on NUH. We stay near NUH so maybe we might include that as an option.

How much is IVF going to cost in TMC? Was told that private practices charges as high as 60k. Is this true??
Also, if we opt to go to SGH/NUH, do we need a referral letter from the polyclinics?

So sorry for the bombing questions... We are really clueless.
TIA.

If u want to speed things up and don't mind paying non subsidized rates as a private patient, can call NUH directly and ask for a specific doc and make an appointment. I did that and managed to see the doc abt a week later. Can look through the directory of doc's and see if you have affinity with any of them?

Otherwise you can go to polyclinic and ask for referral. Think other ladies can advise you on the differences.

Anyway, for NUH, the doc will determine if you should go on to IVF directly or recommend IUI first. I was with a pte gynae previously and was on clomid and injections, but NUH doc wanted me to go through IUI another 3 times since I responded well to the med. Failed all 3 times and now about to embark on IVF.

All the best!

If u want to speed things up and don't mind paying non subsidized rates as a private patient, can call NUH directly and ask for a specific doc and make an appointment. I did that and managed to see the doc abt a week later. Can look through the directory of doc's and see if you have affinity with any of them?

Otherwise you can go to polyclinic and ask for referral. Think other ladies can advise you on the differences.

Anyway, for NUH, the doc will determine if you should go on to IVF directly or recommend IUI first. I was with a pte gynae previously and was on clomid and injections, but NUH doc wanted me to go through IUI another 3 times since I responded well to the med. Failed all 3 times and now about to embark on IVF.

All the best!
Hi Veraine,
How much does it cost to get medical treatment from NUH?
My gynae doesnt do fertility treatment so he asked me to seek help from fertility centers..
Hope IVF works for you... Good luck to you..

Hi Veraine,
How much does it cost to get medical treatment from NUH?
My gynae doesnt do fertility treatment so he asked me to seek help from fertility centers..
Hope IVF works for you... Good luck to you..
I can't remember.. I threw away all my receipts cos I didn't want to record how much is spent

Scans are less than $100, IUI procedure itself is $600+

Hopefully someone else sees the thread and responds :)

Also if you've done blood tests and other scans like hsg, semen analysis, bring along during the first visit also.

Diff hospitals have slightly diff protocols also.. But so far I've been happy with NUH :)

I can't remember.. I threw away all my receipts cos I didn't want to record how much is spent

Scans are less than $100, IUI procedure itself is $600+

Hopefully someone else sees the thread and responds :)

Also if you've done blood tests and other scans like hsg, semen analysis, bring along during the first visit also.

Diff hospitals have slightly diff protocols also.. But so far I've been happy with NUH :)
Actually be prepared to fork out nearly 1k for tests if u have not had any type of fertility testing done (eg hsg, blood hormone test, semen test). If you are concerned abt costs, get a referral.... i think it would be at least 40% cheaper with referrals.... but do be prepared for longer waiting times and no choosing of dr if u are subsidised.

IUI itself cost me about 900 including scans..... IVF for me so far no cash outlay since can use medisave and govt grants.. some pple pay about 1-2k if u use more medicine.

Back