(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

I had her for my no. 1. She's ok, the motherly kind. Check ups last for 5min only though. But I guess that goes the same for the others too? When I delivered my no. 2, she came at the delivery suite about 20min before I delivered! I was admitted at 9pm when I was already 7cm. But I was injected an antibiotoc for certain bacterial infection and had to wait for 4 hours before delivery. I delivered at 4:20am.

How long should your gynae be with you before you deliver? Is she expected to be there as soon as you're admitted?
Sardonyx

Both times my gyane didn't make it in time (came towards the end for the 1st; was told to hold my baby from coming out), 2nd totally didn't appear cos not in time ahhaha ...

I had her for my no. 1. She's ok, the motherly kind. Check ups last for 5min only though. But I guess that goes the same for the others too? When I delivered my no. 2, she came at the delivery suite about 20min before I delivered! I was admitted at 9pm when I was already 7cm. But I was injected an antibiotoc for certain bacterial infection and had to wait for 4 hours before delivery. I delivered at 4:20am.

How long should your gynae be with you before you deliver? Is she expected to be there as soon as you're admitted?
Yes gynae normally will only appear when u are close to deliver. U can't expect them to be there to wait a few hrs with u. Hehe. I think my Gynae probably was in the hospital when I admitted. Then popped in to say hi, and reappeared when I'm about to deliver.

Sardonyx

Both times my gyane didn't make it in time (came towards the end for the 1st; was told to hold my baby from coming out), 2nd totally didn't appear cos not in time ahhaha ...

kaxin, she was my motivator. The baby wouldn't come out, I didn't feel the urge to push because of the epidural. And she said, me holding my hubby won't do any good coz I have to do it on my own. She kinda scolded me lol

my wife's gynae came only like 15 min before she delivered. the mid wife will be the one to stay with you. when they think you are ready then they will call the gynae. my wife's gynae delivered at least 7 babies that day. these are the planned ones who are checked into the delivery suite all in the morning. by 2pm she said 5 delivered already. my wife is the 6th for her that day. there is nothing the gynae can do except sitting around until you are ready so don't worry about it.

the mid wife will know what to do and what to expect. if there is a need they will call the gynae.

maybe as soon as you are admitted they will pop by to see the situation. but until you are ready to deliver don't expect the gynae to be there

dear Tupapa...I just went for my first appointment with my gynae this morning but the doctor said he can't see anything.. not even the sage ...
my first day of my last period was 22nd jan 15.. so by right I should be 5th week now.. doctor did do a blood test for me.. need to go back again on Friday to see the result.. I am so disappointed now

hi @Shirls1308 , i see you seem to be worried and posting in both sep group and here... don't worry too much...

if u r preg, sooner or later will be able to detect the heartbeat and see the sac.

if it's a false alarm, u r putting lots of undue stress on yourself and i'm sure on your hubby too... i feel that it's not constructive and may sour the relationship.

Just got back from the gynae... All is good and baby is at 6 weeks and 2 days... Heart beat could be seen clearly as well..

Thats good. I also had my 2nd appt today, bean is 8w 2d, next appt will be a month later and will be going for oscar scan as well.

Hope first tri past soon so my ms can ease off~

Hi all

I have updated with the new list. I have also arranged via EDD. For those whom I have missed out, please pm me separately:) Sorry for the slow updates as I am swamped with work from work:(

Thanks

S/No | Mommy / Daddy Nickname | EDD | Child No | Gynae | Hosp | Gender |Residence
\ 20 | tweetie76 | 1 Oct 2015 | #2 | TBC | SGH | TBC | TBA
\ 09 | ttcing | 3 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Henry Cheng | Mt A/ Mt E Novena | TBA | Toa Payoh
\ 11 | Evasin | 4 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr Tan Yew Ghee | Raffles Hospital | TBC | Yishun
\ 18 | icezjo | 4 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Fong Yang | Mt A | TBC | Sengkang
\ 12 | Zaclin29 | 5 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Su Li Lin | NUH | TBC | Punggol
\ 17 | DustyPink | 5 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr Beh Suan Tiong | TMC | TBC | Hougang
\ 19 | agestia | 6 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr KW Lee | Gleneagles | TBC | Sengkang
\ 25 | Myojoanna | 6 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Henry Cheng | Mt A/ Mt E Novena | TBC | Hougang
\ 02 | Eileen1983 | 7 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr John Tee | KKH | TBA | Yishun
\ 03 | p.dolphon | 8 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #2 | Dr Goh Shen Li | Mt A | TBC | Punggol
\ 08 | TiG3rR | 8 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #1 | Dr Heng Tung Lan | Parkway East Hosp | TBC | Tampines
\ 24 | Sushi80 |10 Oct 2015 | #1 | TBC | TBC | TBC | Bedok
\ 07 | MrsWee | 12 October 2015 | #2 | Dr Goh Shen Li | Mt A | TBC | Geylang Bahru
\ 04 | Pinnpinn | 13 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #1 |Dr Woo BH | TMC | TBA| Sengkang
\ 22 | Scorpio05 | 13 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Heng | Parkway east | TBC | TBA
\ 01 | azncutiegal | 14 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr WK Tan | TMC | TBA | Yishun
\ 16 | Hopes16 | 15 Oct 2015 (TBC) | #2 | Dr Su Lin Lin | NUH | TBC | Bukit Timah
\ 06 | esquare1106_baby | 16 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr Choo Wan Ling | GEH | TBC | West Coast
\ 14 | Lalaland_mummy | 17 Oct 2015 | #2 | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | TBC | Punggol
\ 05 | Jaslinegal | 18 Oct 2015 | #3 | TBA | KKH | TBC | Sengkang
\ 27 | theia | 22 Oct 2015 | #1 | Prof Mary Rauff | NUH | TBA | Siglap
\ 21 | gwendolyn26 | 26 Oct 2015 | #2 | TBC | TBC | TBC | TBA
\ 23 | Shirl1308 | 29 Oct2015 | #1 | Dr John Tee | KKH | TBC | Tampines / Jurong
\ 26 | joey2015 | 30 Oct 2015 | #1 | Dr Steven Teo| KKH | TBC | Sengkang
\ 10 | tupapa | TBC | #2 | Dr K T Tan | KKH | TBC | Bedok
\ 13 | Blessedmummmytobe | TBC | #3 | Dr Irene Chua | Mt A | TBC | Bishan
\ 15 | xX.Angela.Xx | TBC | #1 | TBC | KKH | TBC | Serangoon/Yishun

Hi azncutiegal,

plse update my info into the table when you are free.
rabbit_bb | 10 Oct | #2 | Dr Ben Tham | TMC | TBC | Punggol

Thanks!

Thats good. I also had my 2nd appt today, bean is 8w 2d, next appt will be a month later and will be going for oscar scan as well.

Hope first tri past soon so my ms can ease off~
I've also booked to have the Oscar scan done on the 13th April. But prior to that I will have another check up in 4 weeks.

Went to seek second opinion regarding my spotting, am on weekly jab and duphaston, was issued 2 weeks bed rest as well. Gynae say can't carry #1, am so sad, but have to follow.

Went to seek second opinion regarding my spotting, am on weekly jab and duphaston, was issued 2 weeks bed rest as well. Gynae say can't carry #1, am so sad, but have to follow.

You are not alone. I got the same advise from my gynae. Not to scare U. But I got mc the last time due to carrying my #1 too much. So don't carry. They said even half a pail of water cannot carry.

Hello Mummies and Daddies!
I am very new here. Just joined the forum today. Expecting my 1st child. Just done the test in mid feb, faint positive, and late feb a clear positive test. Both hubby and I are very excited. We are heading to see Dr Choo Wan Ling from gleneagles, this thursday, (recommended by my best friend sis) as I also prefer a female gynae.
Not sure if my baby will be due in Oct this year. My last period starts 14 Jan. Looking forward to meet all expert mummies and daddies!!!

hi @Shirls1308 , i see you seem to be worried and posting in both sep group and here... don't worry too much...

if u r preg, sooner or later will be able to detect the heartbeat and see the sac.

if it's a false alarm, u r putting lots of undue stress on yourself and i'm sure on your hubby too... i feel that it's not constructive and may sour the relationship.
I know. . But I jus wanna seek advice n view from experience ppl around

Then the funny thing is I try testing using test kit again this morning. . It's negative result. . I jus dun understand why last week when I test using the digital kit it's showed that I m pregnant but one week later I test using the kit it's negative

Looking for a beautiful evening spot where it is friendly for moms and babies? And a corner where dads can chill?

SuperMom is setting up the LARGEST EVENING FEST just for new parents in front of the scenic Marina Bay!

Expect treats from pop-up stalls selling homemade specialities, desserts and other mouth watering international gourmet!

Flea Market where moms can grab all the unique and latest baby and maternity products at great discounts

LARGEST Play Date for babies!

LARGEST baby pampering massage!

And many more!

It is so exciting, we can't wait to share more info with you!

Tickets are on sale now and only for 5 days only, grab you tix at 35% OFF with promo code EDDOCT15 and receive a goodie pack worth $50!

PROMO CODE : EDDOCT15
PROMO ENDS : 7 MAR 2015

Last edited:
I know. . But I jus wanna seek advice n view from experience ppl around
Then the funny thing is I try testing using test kit again this morning. . It's negative result. . I jus dun understand why last week when I test using the digital kit it's showed that I m pregnant but one week later I test using the kit it's negative

Unless we have doctors amongst us, no one can give u a definite answer. Even if there is a doctor, they will need to see the test results, etc. no doctor would give a definite answer without proper diagnosis, you know what I mean?

Every pregnancy is different, and while we can share how we felt, what we have done, it DOESN'T REPLACE a doctor's advice. Why don't you call the clinic and ask if the blood test results can be in earlier and that this is happening?

By doing this you are creating a more stressful environment for yourself, it's never ending and could be bad for you and the pregnancy. Along the journey there will be one million other things to worry about, then how? Call the clinic first thing in the morning if you are worried.

It sounds like a chemical pregnancy. You may want to google about it.
However I pray that it's not. Have faith!

Last edited:
preg test kits are only 99% accurate n no test ever claim to be 100% accurate. there is still that 0.1% chance of it being wrong. no pt overthinking things or speculating n stressing urself. googling also will not help. call ur doc to check if the results are ready.

Last edited:
Been having a lot of bizarre and vivid dreams lately, something that hardly happens to me. The last time I had a bizarre dream was when I was 9...

I dreamt last night that my brother in law died, from unknown reasons.

My sis could see him, and I could, and I asked what happened - he said, from exhaustion from carrying ikea stuff lor.

I even dreamt of his entire family grieving but there he was sitting in front of me talking to us.

Old folks say this kind of dying dreams must say or share to burst it so that it doesn't become real, so I am sharing here. Hahaha.

How bizarre is this?

@h0pefulyuki that is very bizarre indeed! i get very vivid n bizarre dreams too. last nite i dreamt that all my colleagues n i were in church having lunch n then praying for quite a while. so strange...

hi maybe u would like to go for blood test . It will be more accurate & to rule out chemical pregnanacy.

hi lady081980.. My gynae did a blood test for me on mon .. now waiting for Friday to see him again.. but I just saw some bleeding a while ago when I went toliet.. omg..

Shirs1308
pls have more bed rest since there is nothing u can do. i also have mineral bleeding during before the first 3 mths and i do lots of bedrest to minimise movement.

I had a gf who used the clear blue digital test kit and test which shown her 2 wks pregnant but when she went to do a blood test at the gynea it confirms she is not pregnant. Blood test will show the most accurate results ya.

Been having a lot of bizarre and vivid dreams lately, something that hardly happens to me. The last time I had a bizarre dream was when I was 9...

I dreamt last night that my brother in law died, from unknown reasons.

My sis could see him, and I could, and I asked what happened - he said, from exhaustion from carrying ikea stuff lor.

I even dreamt of his entire family grieving but there he was sitting in front of me talking to us.

Old folks say this kind of dying dreams must say or share to burst it so that it doesn't become real, so I am sharing here. Hahaha.

How bizarre is this?

i did read online articles that this does happen in pregnancy.
I have always been a person with very crazy dreams, i dont think i have had dreamless sleep ever. but during pregnancy, the dreams are all bizarre. lost count.. each morning i will relate about 4 dreams to hubby (cos of all the pee breaks i take) and he will laugh at them cos he cannot imagine being like me. he says my overactive mind is the cause of it

Dreams are really very interesting to explore. I love to watch the special features in the movie "inception". Im more prone to listening to the scientific analysis of them rather than the mythic ones... believe they are in some way a reflection of our subconsious.
For a few weeks in my pregnancy, i had recurring dreams where I felt very intense anger towards friends, families, ex bfs, hubby etc. However in real life I have no issues with them. a little later on I realised that there was some anger lying in my subconsious but more towards myself (with current job, stress on sales, feeling that the baby costs are taxing hubby and he is wonderful about it so --increase guilt)

It is actually very interesting to look into the non-pantang side of it too. makes us understand ourselves better :)

i did read online articles that this does happen in pregnancy.
I have always been a person with very crazy dreams, i dont think i have had dreamless sleep ever. but during pregnancy, the dreams are all bizarre. lost count.. each morning i will relate about 4 dreams to hubby (cos of all the pee breaks i take) and he will laugh at them cos he cannot imagine being like me. he says my overactive mind is the cause of it

Dreams are really very interesting to explore. I love to watch the special features in the movie "inception". Im more prone to listening to the scientific analysis of them rather than the mythic ones... believe they are in some way a reflection of our subconsious.
For a few weeks in my pregnancy, i had recurring dreams where I felt very intense anger towards friends, families, ex bfs, hubby etc. However in real life I have no issues with them. a little later on I realised that there was some anger lying in my subconsious but more towards myself (with current job, stress on sales, feeling that the baby costs are taxing hubby and he is wonderful about it so --increase guilt)

It is actually very interesting to look into the non-pantang side of it too. makes us understand ourselves better :)
Oh no wonder yesterday I dreamt that my mum who has 1 leg amputated....put on prosthetic ....danced and sang an English duet with my brother.

This is my 3rd pregnancy Ahhah yA I still get weird dreams.

Ex especially.. This goes to show how important relationships are in our lives.

No matter ex or current as long it is to do with relationships .. No matter we agree admit or deny these relationships either cuts so deep or heal so greatly the hurt we once had..

As a mum I am learning to guard the heart of my child.. Never mind psle or o levels but it is their heart that will keep beating. And beating the right beat is so important.

It's a confusing world with dreams and reality with many well meaning people giving us their thoughts and information on what to do and what not. It is important to look at our lives and reflect our pillar of beliefs then we can pass on something steadfast to our children. And not let them quiver like waves in the wind.

I always reject people from telling me bad things and allow them to create fear in me.

I am so looking forward to hear my baby's heart beat ahhaha

One of my most bizzare dream - A well known doctor who i used to work with (and dislike) came and cut my queue when I was buying chicken rice. already not much chicken left and they were the last stall open after I got lost in this huge industrial building

this one I have no explanation except that maybe I have too many unresolved work issues with the doctor and couldnt obtain closure. HAHA

I dreamt that my best friend hubby had an affair with me then I went to tell her that her hubby had an affair!!!!!

This is my 3rd pregnancy Ahhah yA I still get weird dreams.

Ex especially.. This goes to show how important relationships are in our lives.

No matter ex or current as long it is to do with relationships .. No matter we agree admit or deny these relationships either cuts so deep or heal so greatly the hurt we once had..

As a mum I am learning to guard the heart of my child.. Never mind psle or o levels but it is their heart that will keep beating. And beating the right beat is so important.

It's a confusing world with dreams and reality with many well meaning people giving us their thoughts and information on what to do and what not. It is important to look at our lives and reflect our pillar of beliefs then we can pass on something steadfast to our children. And not let them quiver like waves in the wind.

I always reject people from telling me bad things and allow them to create fear in me.

I am so looking forward to hear my baby's heart beat ahhaha

very true!
all new moms and moms to be face the problems of being overwhelmed by advice, scoldings, lectures, from too many sources.
I think it helps to set a limit of who you will only listen to. For me i have narrowed it very small to only my doctor + online reading of medical articles from established sites (not crappy ones). Any other advice i will just nod along and not worry too much.

plus a strong faith that your body is built for this, so no need to over-worry. I see moms here posting in multiple threads about whether can they do small things like manicure, use make up, why weight or size of baby smaller than others,.. etc, and i get concerned at the stress they are giving themselves.
if you are meant to carry this baby through, a manicure and some lipstick will not change anything.
If not meant to be, nothing we can do will change it.

So more important to relax, enjoy. I believe the relaxing and happy feeling will benefit the baby much more!

I am hoping everything will goes well and spotting will stop, have been eating and sleeping for these two days.
Question: for mums who are given the jab, is it still painful the next day? I was given the jab yesterday morning and is still painful now.

very true!
all new moms and moms to be face the problems of being overwhelmed by advice, scoldings, lectures, from too many sources.
I think it helps to set a limit of who you will only listen to. For me i have narrowed it very small to only my doctor + online reading of medical articles from established sites (not crappy ones). Any other advice i will just nod along and not worry too much.

plus a strong faith that your body is built for this, so no need to over-worry. I see moms here posting in multiple threads about whether can they do small things like manicure, use make up, why weight or size of baby smaller than others,.. etc, and i get concerned at the stress they are giving themselves.
if you are meant to carry this baby through, a manicure and some lipstick will not change anything.
If not meant to be, nothing we can do will change it.

So more important to relax, enjoy. I believe the relaxing and happy feeling will benefit the baby much more!

True. I also limit myself to my doctor and parents. Parents more so that they don't nag at me... :) Everyone else, smile and nod. Seriously, nothing much can be done except lots of rest, eat healthy, see doc. Docs also only give jabs and progesterone at this early stage and tell you to get off your feet. It is important to have trust in your doc that his or her professional knowledge will help us through.

Ah the dreams, so glad to see so any mtbs sharing hahaha.

I also had another bizarre dream that had such a clear storyline it looked like it was out of a Taiwanese idol drama with a good looking actor appearing in the dream! I think there will be more to come, hahaha.

Keep chilling, and stay positive everyone! :)

I am hoping everything will goes well and spotting will stop, have been eating and sleeping for these two days.
Question: for mums who are given the jab, is it still painful the next day? I was given the jab yesterday morning and is still painful now.

Lots of rest and eating well is good! Wasn't painful for me the next day, just a little sore, but I always have a high pain threshold. I also didn't really sleep on the side where the injections are given.

My threshold is very low, hopefully the pain will go away tomorrow.
Ahh.. This preg is so different from #1. For #1, my ms was very bad. For this preg, no ms but no mood to eat plus spotting is making me worried.

For my first jab i do feel it is still abit sore the next day. Second jab totally no feeling the next day.
I told myself as long as the jab works to stabilise the preg, no matter how painful I also want to take.

hi lady081980.. My gynae did a blood test for me on mon .. now waiting for Friday to see him again.. but I just saw some bleeding a while ago when I went toliet.. omg..

Is it just brown spotting?

For me, i went to the gynae at an estimated 4w plus but couldn't see any sac for the abdominal ultrasound.
Doc did hcg beta blood test for me.
Came back with the result of 935.1, which is too early to see any sac. At least need 1000-2000 approx.

Endured 2 more weeks and went back for a scan at 6w to see the yolk sac and small fetal pole with flickering. :)
I had brown discharge during the 4-6w wait too.
So as long you are not having painful cramps accompanied with lots of fresh bleeding, you shd not be too concerned and stressed.

Oh by the way, i tested on guardian test kits which gave me either extremely faint positives/negative while with a normal clearblue it was very obvious positive line. which prompted me to see a gynae at early 4w.

Maybe take opportunity to have a few days of rest? while you wait for friday to arrive?
Baby dust to all moms to be!

Last edited:
I have weird dreams too. First one is that I have an affair with my ex bf and the other is having sex with my hubby. I seldom dream during non preg time. During my #1 I seldom dream too until the last 2 trimester.

The jab is oil base. So will be painful when it start to flow. Sometimes the pain goes away only after 1 week. Sometimes is not painful for me. Last year when I have the jab the first time is so painful!!! The car cross the hump also pain. This time round not so bad. Bear with it!! I still have 2-3 more jabs to go.

Is it just brown spotting?

For me, i went to the gynae at an estimated 4w plus but couldn't see any sac for the abdominal ultrasound.
Doc did hcg beta blood test for me.
Came back with the result of 935.1, which is too early to see any sac. At least need 1000-2000 approx.

Endured 2 more weeks and went back for a scan at 6w to see the yolk sac and small fetal pole with flickering. :)
I had brown discharge during the 4-6w wait too.
So as long you are not having painful cramps accompanied with lots of fresh bleeding, you shd not be too concerned and stressed.

Oh by the way, i tested on guardian test kits which gave me either extremely faint positives/negative while with a normal clearblue it was very obvious positive line. which prompted me to see a gynae at early 4w.

Maybe take opportunity to have a few days of rest? while you wait for friday to arrive?
Baby dust to all moms to be!
There is some blood too..

I think it depends on how sensitive your skin is, I got a total of 5 jabs so far. My advice is to alternate side if you need more than 1 jab. I took 4 on my right and 1 on my left for the past 3 weeks. End up with rashes on my right likely due to the oil based injections. All the best!

Hi to all MTB,
I am having my first pregnancy, currently in my 6 weeks base on my LMP. I went to see my gynea, Dr Chen Li Han, this morning and told him that I have been having brown spotting on and off. Other than that, things are normal.. Can't see bb heartbeat because I didn't have enough water.

He is concern that it might be a sign of MC and ordered me to rest in bed for 2 days and have progesterone pills and folic acid.

So far I am still having spotting.. If tmr still has it, I need to go down for jab. Am really worried..

Back