IVF/ICSI Support Group

Funny thing about my previous ivf doc..his clinic nv do blood test for pregnancy just 1 urine test. Also he allow me to come for scan every week until 12 weeks before I had to.revert to my gynae. Wonder if different in kkh?
Well I can only say diff clinic diff practice.
All the clinics I went to will affirm pregnancy through bt, hpt is not 100percent accurate n can't tell u how high ur beta is.
Are u expecting now or delivered?

Hi ladies, I'm just wondering, how many of you have succumbed to doing a HPT before your BT. Were the HPT results the same as BT?
I usually do hpt a day before bt. If you are pregnant, there will at least be a faint positive. But bt will tell the exact level of hcg n will be indicative of a viable pregnancy.

Well I can only say diff clinic diff practice.
All the clinics I went to will affirm pregnancy through bt, hpt is not 100percent accurate n can't tell u how high ur beta is.
Are u expecting now or delivered?
Thats true. I did ask my doc why not blood test he just said u want can but it sometimes cause ladies unnecessary panic. I delivered in 2013. Now just gathered my courage to try again.

Hi ladies, I'm just wondering, how many of you have succumbed to doing a HPT before your BT. Were the HPT results the same as BT?
Me. I didn't do blood test at my docs just another urine test and the result was same. Im quite an impatient person and also wanted to be prepared in case I was disappointed. Already cried so many times in front of my doc liao.

When will you be told that its over? Im on D8 scan, only my right side yield a 12, 11, 10 and some 8. the left side all below 10 (in the range of 8s)
If too little follicles will they still ask you to go for ET? Also on the day of ET they issue MC or HL?
Cos i cant get my no pay leave, informed me to exhaust my MC but we have so little mc to play with annually :(
Hihi my rd was also almost cancelled because I had many many eggs but only 3 or 4 looked ripe. My doc left it up to me whether to go ahead or not and I decided to stim a few more days and in the end was lucky enough to bfp (14 retrieved, 6 fert, only 3 survived). So I think in the end your doc may ask u to make the difficult decision whether to go ahead or not considering the situation. Hard for them to decide they can only advise.

It's a BFP :)
But right now I'm a bit stressed & worried because I've been cramping a lot since yesterday so trying to take it slow till my next BT next week. The waiting is agonizing & I feel like gahhh....I rather do my ultra sound asap so I can be assured im not dreaming.

After 4.5 years of trying.....I feel like I'm still dreaming because I've never ever had a BFP before
Congratulations! :D

Hihi my rd was also almost cancelled because I had many many eggs but only 3 or 4 looked ripe. My doc left it up to me whether to go ahead or not and I decided to stim a few more days and in the end was lucky enough to bfp (14 retrieved, 6 fert, only 3 survived). So I think in the end your doc may ask u to make the difficult decision whether to go ahead or not considering the situation. Hard for them to decide they can only advise.
Thanks mqiu, that's what I'm worried about. No clear directions and doc asking me to make e decision. Btw how long a cycle did you stretch to?

I usually do hpt a day before bt. If you are pregnant, there will at least be a faint positive. But bt will tell the exact level of hcg n will be indicative of a viable pregnancy.

My BT is tomorrow and I did a hpt today. I know I shouldn't but I thought I wanted to prepare myself in case no line. And well...there was a faint line. And now I'm going mad because I had a pregnyl 1,500iu shot last Friday and I'm thinking whether the faint line is the residual of the trigger.

And of cos, I never managed to put myself at ease, if not, I'm just worse off. Oops.

Wifey is having terrible aching legs from waist down to toes and peeing every hour. Dunno if it's the progesterone or ..... This tww is killing isn't it

My BT is tomorrow and I did a hpt today. I know I shouldn't but I thought I wanted to prepare myself in case no line. And well...there was a faint line. And now I'm going mad because I had a pregnyl 1,500iu shot last Friday and I'm thinking whether the faint line is the residual of the trigger.

And of cos, I never managed to put myself at ease, if not, I'm just worse off. Oops.
Look on the bright side, u have till Tmr to torment yourself and then when bt comes positive, every worry and pain will be so worth it when u are carrying your bean

When will you be told that its over? Im on D8 scan, only my right side yield a 12, 11, 10 and some 8. the left side all below 10 (in the range of 8s)
If too little follicles will they still ask you to go for ET? Also on the day of ET they issue MC or HL?
Cos i cant get my no pay leave, informed me to exhaust my MC but we have so little mc to play with annually :(

Hi @j_snow , I've gone through 2 cycles with good yield (each time 20+ retrieved but fertilization is <50%). Your status looks OK for D8. Good luck.

I went through 3-4 doctors at KKH already and they have always provided advice and a recommendation (phew) based on my condition. The final decision is up to you. I always go with my doctor's recommendation.

If I recall correctly, KKH issues HL to cover you from ER to BT (more than 2 weeks) for fresh IVF cycles. No HL for FET since there is no downtime, but I'm sure they'll provide a couple days MC if you ask.

Wifey is having terrible aching legs from waist down to toes and peeing every hour. Dunno if it's the progesterone or ..... This tww is killing isn't it
gooiee, hi, hi. when i did my fet, before the transfer i also have this aching leg and i am on crinone insert. Almost canceled the transfer due to this aching leg, but prof changed my crinone to ultrogestan insert, and since then, i am better and proceed with et. maybe you can check with your dr why your wifey has this aching leg.

Hmm ard 8 days of stim had 6 follies 18 and above. I stim for 3 more days after that

wow, 18 and above, your scans looks more positive than mine. I will ask more questions on my next scan to evaluate whether im on the rite track.
there were too many pple on fri, the whole room was packed :cool:

Hi @j_snow , I've gone through 2 cycles with good yield (each time 20+ retrieved but fertilization is <50%). Your status looks OK for D8. Good luck.

I went through 3-4 doctors at KKH already and they have always provided advice and a recommendation (phew) based on my condition. The final decision is up to you. I always go with my doctor's recommendation.

If I recall correctly, KKH issues HL to cover you from ER to BT (more than 2 weeks) for fresh IVF cycles. No HL for FET since there is no downtime, but I'm sure they'll provide a couple days MC if you ask.
Thanks bunnymiumiu for the info and reassurance... I shall not overthink nor think pessimisticly, just rest and let things take its course.
Its really something out of my hands. Hope they can grow more these 2 days....;)

Last edited:
gooiee, hi, hi. when i did my fet, before the transfer i also have this aching leg and i am on crinone insert. Almost canceled the transfer due to this aching leg, but prof changed my crinone to ultrogestan insert, and since then, i am better and proceed with et. maybe you can check with your dr why your wifey has this aching leg.
Oh thanks! Did prof mention why crinone might cause that?

Hi, may i know the reason why you chose to stimm for another 3 more days?
Oh my hubby and I decided to stim a couple more days hopefully to allow some of the smaller follies to catch up with the lead follies. But there was a risk that the lead follies would become overripe. So its really a nerve wreaking experience.

Hi gooie,

Sounds like good signs but for sake of caution, best if any numbness or pain to call clinic and ask them if it's anything to worry abt? No meds shld cause any pain or ache as a side effect.. sometimes a change in dosage or type or meds can help alleviate any aches/pain. When is yr wife's beta? Good luck!

wow, 18 and above, your scans looks more positive than mine. I will ask more questions on my next scan to evaluate whether im on the rite track.
there were too many pple on fri, the whole room was packed :cool:
Sometimes it may be better to wait for next cycle so that the amount of stim drugs can be adjusted for a better yield. Its tough to decide to hold off and sometimes I wished the doctor would make the decision instead of leaving it up to me. A bitter pill to swallow when we spend so much time and effort to go through ivf then have to cancel at the last minute. But thats what I learned from my experience. One day everything going well then boom doc say maybe better to cancel. So I guess im saying need to be mentally prepared. Having said that, wish u all the best!!

Hi gooie,

Sounds like good signs but for sake of caution, best if any numbness or pain to call clinic and ask them if it's anything to worry abt? No meds shld cause any pain or ache as a side effect.. sometimes a change in dosage or type or meds can help alleviate any aches/pain. When is yr wife's beta? Good luck!
Thanks. Perhaps will ask kkh on Monday. Her beta is on 2 feb 17dp2dt

Hi ladies,

I am also at my 2ww. BT on this coming Friday. Really hope to success this round. I have a gal at 2.5 years. Done 2 fresh n 4 Fet already.

Hi...
Not been posting much Curz im worrying myself silly & hoping to stabilize as soon as possible. Last night I went back after work & cooked. Ended up with a terrible back ache & shoulder ache. So I got traumatized & sat down & freaked out.

Sigh...even get a BFP also, the trying part is now when I'm trying to wait to stabilize the pregnancy. It's more stressful than the 2ww I realise! :eek::eek:

Oh and my Hcg was 2,000+. I haven't got my BT report so I've forgotten the exact number as my nurse told me over the phone & I was in too much of a surprise to record it! Sheesh..... :confused:

Actually I want to share this good news with so many many ppl around me who have been hoping I get pregnant but faced with this fear of stabilizing the pregnancy, I'm just keeping to myself. Anyone else in same boat as me or am I just over thinking & over-feeling all this??

Last edited:
Hi...
Not been posting much Curz im worrying myself silly & hoping to stabilize as soon as possible. Last night I went back after work & cooked. Ended up with a terrible back ache & shoulder ache. So I got traumatized & sat down & freaked out.

Sigh...even get a BFP also, the trying part is now when I'm trying to wait to stabilize the pregnancy. It's more stressful than the 2ww I realise! :eek::eek:

Oh and my Hcg was 2,000+. I haven't got my BT report so I've forgotten the exact number as my nurse told me over the phone & I was in too much of a surprise to record it! Sheesh..... :confused:

Actually I want to share this good news with so many many ppl around me who have been hoping I get pregnant but faced with this fear of stabilizing the pregnancy, I'm just keeping to myself. Anyone else in same boat as me or am I just over thinking & over-feeling all this??
Yr hcg looks pretty good. Congrats! Dun worry too much as u have a very good doc. Collecting in yr baby dust into my bucket :)

Hi...

BFP is the 1st hurdle. And congrats (plus looking at the beta maybe congrats congrats ). Try the 2015 IVF mummies thread. Every week is a worry week till the next appmt until baby in hand. Stay positive and try to relax (but the 2 wks btwn beta and 1st scan is really nerve wrecking so hang in there & believe).

Take care dear.

Waiting to doze off after acupuncture session during tww. Taking life very easy now.. anyone on dydrgesterone during tww? Was not given inserts thus only on this medicine.

Hi...

congrats leh idazah! Your nbrs very very high leh..looks likely twins lol..it is normal to also feel more cramps and backache with twins..yup maybe to play safe dun really announce yet..cos better wait till 12 weeks over or when u feel u are stable enough

come in ivf mummies/twins thread chat with us lah ..we all understand the anxiety and worries :)

Dear all,

My apologise, I have been missing in this thread n forum for 6 over months. Now I am logging in back to thanks those who have given me advises and assistance when I first started IVF.
When I knw I hv BFPed, I didnt feel happy immediately cos I knw first trimster is very critical and anything can happen.

When I receive my Oscar test result, I was devasted as it indicated that I may hv a dwnsyn bb... Doc then suggest we go for harmony test and turn out my bb boy is ok.

I am in my 25weeks now. Act I intend to post thanks after I gv birth but juz cant wait anymore.

Wanna thanks esp redvel,ron and mosburger. Thanks all. ;)

Dear all,

My apologise, I have been missing in this thread n forum for 6 over months. Now I am logging in back to thanks those who have given me advises and assistance when I first started IVF.
When I knw I hv BFPed, I didnt feel happy immediately cos I knw first trimster is very critical and anything can happen.

When I receive my Oscar test result, I was devasted as it indicated that I may hv a dwnsyn bb... Doc then suggest we go for harmony test and turn out my bb boy is ok.

I am in my 25weeks now. Act I intend to post thanks after I gv birth but juz cant wait anymore.

Wanna thanks esp redvel,ron and mosburger. Thanks all. ;)
Congrats fion and nice to hear from you! :)

Hi...

I was such a worry wart during my pregnancy that my gynae advised me to see a psychiatrist. I somewhat survived and didn't go to that.
It is inevitable to worry and for me I went the extent of telling my dad and in laws only when I'm 5 months pregnant, after the 20 weeks detailed scan. My belly wasn't very big. It was just too daunting to deal with expectations.
I think it's important to stabilise the pregnancy, good news to others can always wait, you know can already.

Last edited:
congrats leh idazah! Your nbrs very very high leh..looks likely twins lol..it is normal to also feel more cramps and backache with twins..yup maybe to play safe dun really announce yet..cos better wait till 12 weeks over or when u feel u are stable enough

come in ivf mummies/twins thread chat with us lah ..we all understand the anxiety and worries :)

Thx @chrisl... Yea worrying is becoming like second nature to me. Haha! Cramps oh yes...backache I only started to feel it yesterday after cooking & today only slightly. But still worrying haha. Hope I can get more info over at the other forums too!

I was such a worry wart during my pregnancy that my gynae advised me to see a psychiatrist. I somewhat survived and didn't go to that.
It is inevitable to worry and for me I went the extent of telling my dad and in laws only when I'm 5 months pregnant, after the 20 weeks detailed scan. My belly wasn't very big.
I think it's important to stabilise the pregnancy, good news to others can always wait, you know can already.

Oh my!! Thts bad...I wonder if I'm becoming like tht too?! I might be because im analyzing every single symptom & every cramp & every twinge. But I guess because unlike ppl who get pregnant normally, I've yet to see my blood test results & I've not tested on home pregnancy test kit so without a tangible evidence of the BFP, I'm in limbo now. Waiting for another 2 weeks to pass asap.
Thx for tht sharing makes me feel better tht I'm not over-thinking things :)

Oh my!! Thts bad...I wonder if I'm becoming like tht too?! I might be because im analyzing every single symptom & every cramp & every twinge. But I guess because unlike ppl who get pregnant normally, I've yet to see my blood test results & I've not tested on home pregnancy test kit so without a tangible evidence of the BFP, I'm in limbo now. Waiting for another 2 weeks to pass asap.
Thx for tht sharing makes me feel better tht I'm not over-thinking things :)

Just in case later in your pregnancy, you need reassurance, u can consider getting a doppler to check on baby heartbeat. You can hear it without having to go to the gynae. $138 I paid if I'm not wrong.

Hi...

Oh thats normal. I only told my parents and two very close friends then kept so quiet about it not many ppl knew until they saw my tummy ard 5 months. Some friends were shocked when I delivered haha.

@ashley11 i read about tht...but some sites say no good Curz of the sound waves?.... I told my hubby abt it. He said NO to me :eek:
No problem on sound waves.
Reading too much can mk u go crazy. My gynae Dr tan HH said it was fine to use. I trust him.
All the time I managed to hear bb heartbeat, sometimes taking a longer time to locate.
At least 12 weeks on then can use. For me, I needed it to keep my sanity.

No problem on sound waves.
Reading too much can mk u go crazy. My gynae Dr tan HH said it was fine to use. I trust him.
All the time I managed to hear bb heartbeat, sometimes taking a longer time to locate.
At least 12 weeks on then can use. For me, I needed it to keep my sanity.

Ah! I know how tht feels. Like now tht I feel im going crazy as well! Hahaha! Ok now I just pray very hard tht I shall be able to overcome the upcoming weeks well

Just wanted to share, for those on 2ww or going for 2ww, try to avoid the following food (and also follow tht list I put up 2 weeks ago):

- NO coffee, tea, green tea (I don't drink it but I know it's pretty popular), milo, horlicks.

- Keep ur milk intake low. Opt for soya bean drink but not everyday. Once in every 2-3 days is ok.

- veggie juice is preferable.
- no chocolates! No sugary drinks. If want to drink like Ribena either dilute it or drink the low-sugar one & drink it sparingly.
- avoid wheat products but if need to consume can do so once in every 2-3 days.
- Take soup & rice more.

Most of these I trial & error during my first cycle & also when I started my second cycle, my doctor advised some of these dietary changes. He suggested I change my diet as im not really a fruits & veggie person. I'm a very fast food & junk food junkie.

Just wanted to share, for those on 2ww or going for 2ww, try to avoid the following food (and also follow tht list I put up 2 weeks ago):

- NO coffee, tea, green tea (I don't drink it but I know it's pretty popular), milo, horlicks.

- Keep ur milk intake low. Opt for soya bean drink but not everyday. Once in every 2-3 days is ok.

- veggie juice is preferable.
- no chocolates! No sugary drinks. If want to drink like Ribena either dilute it or drink the low-sugar one & drink it sparingly.
- avoid wheat products but if need to consume can do so once in every 2-3 days.
- Take soup & rice more.

Most of these I trial & error during my first cycle & also when I started my second cycle, my doctor advised some of these dietary changes. He suggested I change my diet as im not really a fruits & veggie person. I'm a very fast food & junk food junkie.

Hi idazahs, may I know why milk intake should be low? I'm used to drinking one packet of anlene high calcium - I thought calcium is important?

Thanks for enlightening!

Hi idazahs, may I know why milk intake should be low? I'm used to drinking one packet of anlene high calcium - I thought calcium is important?

Thanks for enlightening!

According to my doctor, he said dairy consumption isn't that good, and he said research has showed its not very supportive when we are ttc. However he never elaborate! My next visit I'll be asking him because my body has low calcium so I need him to give me other options to build up calcium.
I'll share here once I get the info :)

According to my doctor, he said dairy consumption isn't that good, and he said research has showed its not very supportive when we are ttc. However he never elaborate! My next visit I'll be asking him because my body has low calcium so I need him to give me other options to build up calcium.
I'll share here once I get the info :)

Thanks! Please share when you know! I will ask my doctor too...

Thanks idazahs for sharing those info! I think I am gg to follow that because I have heard about some food restrictions. Oh yes, congrats on your recent bfp!! Wishing you a smooth sailing journey ahead!!

Back