MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

I dun take double dose. As per my gynae 5mg is enough even for twins. Just had my 12 weeks scan, both bbs r doing well and about the same size. I skip oscar test. Anyone doing oscar test for twins?

Ellesie i did oscar test for a peace of mind...cos im 35 already..

Hi mummies...

Anyone feeling a lot more serious MS wearing first tri?

My wife seems to be very unwell now... (7-8weeks). Throwing up everything she eats and contstantly very tired and feeling miserable.

My morning sickness started ard week 6 all the way up to week 12..try to take in enough fluid and maybe dry biscuits and plain toast..if too serious vomitting hv to admit hospital for drip and nurses to moniter..

Ellesie i did oscar test for a peace of mind...cos im 35 already..
Chrisl, im also 35. But my gynae asked me *touch wood* if result shows one is not good while e other is good, wat will b my decision. Ive discussed with hubby, we decided to skip as I dun think I can make any decision. I only believe since we r blessed with bbs, they should be the best for us.

oic..should be ok lah cos u hv a girl previously all clear and my doc once mentioned if no family history should be ok de :)

My morning sickness is very bad too... Even though now already 12 weeks I'm still vomiting and having tension headaches... Wondering when all this will end. It's quite unbearable.

Hi mummies, I'm expecting twins too. Edd is 5 Jun. So probably will delivery May 2015. This is my second and third child. First boy is 21 mths old. A bit worried about how to handle a 2yr and pair of twins.

Anyone figured how to fit 3 car seats in a mpv? We have a stream so definitely no space for double pram. Only 1 single pram.

Anyone else having identical twins? My twins have separate water bags but one placenta. So a bit worried about twin to twin transfusion risk :( just pray all go smoothly.

We driving a stream too and doubt got the means to upgrade bigger car with 3 kids now. Thought of just putting 2 car seats and my 2.5yo toddler will use booster seat to save space bah haha have twins how to use a single pram? headache hor. I shld be taking a double pram and try adjust boot space see how. haha!

Everyone seems to having bad ms.. i am the odd one out.. aiyo cant help worrying .. esp I got spotting all the way til now. Hows all ur appetite? Beginning I used to feel hungry every other hr and can eat alot. But since the start of 6th week I dont feel as hungry anymore. Not much pregnancy symptoms oso -_-"

*okie, I will start taking double dose of folic acid too heehee

Everyone seems to having bad ms.. i am the odd one out.. aiyo cant help worrying .. esp I got spotting all the way til now. Hows all ur appetite? Beginning I used to feel hungry every other hr and can eat alot. But since the start of 6th week I dont feel as hungry anymore. Not much pregnancy symptoms oso -_-"

*okie, I will start taking double dose of folic acid too heehee
You are not alone.. I did not have any MS at all.. Just felt hungry every hour during first trimester. Lol

Better rest more and walk less to prevent spotting.

I'm due in 1 week time.. Let's Jia you!!

Elkesse

You latch or pump? Just wondering how to latch both?
Ive been reading and ask my fren with twins, they do tandem latch. Means both latch together but I will still need to pump to prepare going back to work after maternity leave

You are not alone.. I did not have any MS at all.. Just felt hungry every hour during first trimester. Lol

Better rest more and walk less to prevent spotting.

I'm due in 1 week time.. Let's Jia you!!
Hi jojolovesbb, may I know how many weeks will u b next week and do u go for csect? Which hospital will u b? Sorry so many questions

Hi jojolovesbb, may I know how many weeks will u b next week and do u go for csect? Which hospital will u b? Sorry so many questions
By 2nd jan, I will be 36 weeks. I dont think I have the energy to push twice :x lol! My twins are in different waterbag and placenta.. So we decided to have c sect.

I will be giving birth in Mount alvenia.. :) previously, at ard week 28, I had some contractions and might lead to preterm labour, my gynae asked me go kkh instead. to save money, cos nicu charges are super high in Mount alvenia >.<" but luckily my twinnies are good enough to hold till now!!

Mine also 2 waterbags n placenta, I still thot I can go for normal. Haha. I still dunno which hospital to choose either mt a or mt e novena. May I know who's ur gynae? Hope can have ur feedback on the hospital after ur delivery. Wish u have a smooth delivery. Btw, do u engage any cl for ur confinement?

Mine also 2 waterbags n placenta, I still thot I can go for normal. Haha. I still dunno which hospital to choose either mt a or mt e novena. May I know who's ur gynae? Hope can have ur feedback on the hospital after ur delivery. Wish u have a smooth delivery. Btw, do u engage any cl for ur confinement?
My gynae is in Mount alvenia only, Dr Kenneth Edward Lee. A very caring and considerate guy gynae.. :) I think can go for normal but I heard there's chances of complications, in the end need emergency c sect, means have to pay for natural and c sect cost.. Scare of double pain and double cost :/

My hub and mil will be doing for me, cos now near cny, price of cl is much higher than normal.. And I think they have extra charges for twins too..

My gynae is in Mount alvenia only, Dr Kenneth Edward Lee. A very caring and considerate guy gynae.. :) I think can go for normal but I heard there's chances of complications, in the end need emergency c sect, means have to pay for natural and c sect cost.. Scare of double pain and double cost :/

My hub and mil will be doing for me, cos now near cny, price of cl is much higher than normal.. And I think they have extra charges for twins too..
ya, i called a few and they quote me 5k. i was like ???? but I'm not sure whether I can handle both bbs with the help of my helper or not, on top still have no #1 to take care. see how it goes first.

Hi mummies, I'm expecting twins too. Edd is 5 Jun. So probably will delivery May 2015. This is my second and third child. First boy is 21 mths old. A bit worried about how to handle a 2yr and pair of twins.

Anyone figured how to fit 3 car seats in a mpv? We have a stream so definitely no space for double pram. Only 1 single pram.

Anyone else having identical twins? My twins have separate water bags but one placenta. So a bit worried about twin to twin transfusion risk :( just pray all go smoothly.

We are driving a stream too. Doubt got the means to upgrade bigger car now with 3 kids haha Thinking of using 2 car seats for the twins and booster seat for my 2.5yo toddler. Very tight to squeeze in 3 car seats bah?! Also considering a double stroller. Dont know how to use a single stroller for 2 babies? Unless using carrier oso but long run sure need a double stroller? Mine is fraternal twins, heard this twin transfusion is not very common also so dont worry ya

You guys started searching for CL? Abit too early for me to consider this but will start once I pass first tri, heard it is not easy to find one who is willing to look after twins.

Actually I am also concern about preterm hosp bill haha! I been reading up and seems if born below 2kg need to stay NICU and bill easily $50-80K?! So keeping this option , if I deliver after week36 I go with my gynae at my choice hosp. If deliver before week36 I go KKH? Are you guys doing the same? Care to share more?

Anyone choosing natural birth instead of c sec?

We are driving a stream too. Doubt got the means to upgrade bigger car now with 3 kids haha Thinking of using 2 car seats for the twins and booster seat for my 2.5yo toddler. Very tight to squeeze in 3 car seats bah?! Also considering a double stroller. Dont know how to use a single stroller for 2 babies? Unless using carrier oso but long run sure need a double stroller? Mine is fraternal twins, heard this twin transfusion is not very common also so dont worry ya
i thot stream should be quite ok? these few weekends have been visiting showroom to look for a bigger car cos at the same time my current car also only have 2 yrs left. But till now cannot decide which car to go. For stroller, i will just buy another single stroller as currently having one single stroller . I think in future quite unlikely for me to travel with all the kids on my own so each can push one stroller. hahaha.

You guys started searching for CL? Abit too early for me to consider this but will start once I pass first tri, heard it is not easy to find one who is willing to look after twins.

Actually I am also concern about preterm hosp bill haha! I been reading up and seems if born below 2kg need to stay NICU and bill easily $50-80K?! So keeping this option , if I deliver after week36 I go with my gynae at my choice hosp. If deliver before week36 I go KKH? Are you guys doing the same? Care to share more?

Anyone choosing natural birth instead of c sec?

actually we're not early already to source..cos hv to choose and compare and budget haha so good to start a bit earlier than later cos all popular ones all snap up..

for me I dun intend to take confinement lady..cos I feel they are overpriced..esp lots of Malaysians freelance aunties doing part time here cos of good pay dunno which are the real deal with experiences..even in forums I dare not call those 'recommended' by some new members cos im doubtful..i heard many horror stories of them.

So im thinking of a live in helper instead..but maybe transfer helper or a year contract thing..still asking my brother's agency..

sorry to ask but is your's ivf bb too? if so like mine, I think we signed up a compulsory insurance with great eastern insurance prior the medical procedure. So in a way ours are covered..but to what extend im not sure...if any experienced mummies with twins who is reading this can share?

For me more or less Im with NUH..although I am really thinking of changing to sgh cos nearer as im at tampines..but im not familiar with sgh..dunno good or not..

please dont employ a confinement lady by the name of AH CHOO. She is absolutely horrible. first day arrive she pass us the receipts of her taxi ride from custom woodlands to my place. She is from MELAKA. Anyway thats fine.

She told me she only given 21 days pass to be in Singapore.! so i ask her how? She ask us to apply work permit which would be another $200+. on top of S$2800.

She is not a big fan of Breastfeeding too. When i started breastfeeding with difficulty, it doesnt help her being there encouraging to bottled feed!

Please dont contact or employ her.
+60 16 359 8443

please dont employ a confinement lady by the name of AH CHOO. She is absolutely horrible. first day arrive she pass us the receipts of her taxi ride from custom woodlands to my place. She is from MELAKA. Anyway thats fine.

She told me she only given 21 days pass to be in Singapore.! so i ask her how? She ask us to apply work permit which would be another $200+. on top of S$2800.

She is not a big fan of Breastfeeding too. When i started breastfeeding with difficulty, it doesnt help her being there encouraging to bottled feed!

Please dont contact or employ her.
+60 16 359 8443

She nearly cut the unbilical cord off with a scissors and her replay was 'always its done like that'. Luckily we consulted our mother NEVER to cut off the remaining thread of umbilical cord. Let it drop off! Because once its infected after you cut , baby might get sick!

om goodness..cut off the cord? I read/heard was to just let it dry and drop off by itself ..

normally the cord will just drop off by itself. for my no#1, on day 6, it dropped off by itself. I am sourcing cl from those just engaged by my frens and mostly ever handling twins, it's the charges that shocked me. I think I am going to source from Indonesia instead as the charges is much lower with the same kind of experience.

actually we're not early already to source..cos hv to choose and compare and budget haha so good to start a bit earlier than later cos all popular ones all snap up..

for me I dun intend to take confinement lady..cos I feel they are overpriced..esp lots of Malaysians freelance aunties doing part time here cos of good pay dunno which are the real deal with experiences..even in forums I dare not call those 'recommended' by some new members cos im doubtful..i heard many horror stories of them.

So im thinking of a live in helper instead..but maybe transfer helper or a year contract thing..still asking my brother's agency..

sorry to ask but is your's ivf bb too? if so like mine, I think we signed up a compulsory insurance with great eastern insurance prior the medical procedure. So in a way ours are covered..but to what extend im not sure...if any experienced mummies with twins who is reading this can share?

For me more or less Im with NUH..although I am really thinking of changing to sgh cos nearer as im at tampines..but im not familiar with sgh..dunno good or not..

Oic, I already got a maid but becos #1 I had a CL who tend to baby at night so I can rest well, she will bring baby to me every few hrs to BF and during night I tend to drag my baby feed so my #1 at 2nd mth can alrdy slept thru almost the night so I feel a CL might be good esp now with twins very bo eng haha your 'live in helper' meaning nanny or a maid? Read there are some day time nanny around too. But during night you will have to tend to the babies yourself which can be tiring??

Oh I didnt know about this compulsory insurance, mine is IUI babies.. same? I shall go read up more on this, thanks for sharing! Only Great eastern got?? Ya I am very worry abt the high hosp bill if preterm. Altho I did heard of positive stories also, twins who are born of good weight and their hosp bill is only 1.5times more thn the usual singleton bill. For me, if its not preterm, any hosp is the same cos their rates are about the same de, only differ is your gynae charges.

cj_junior_80, we bought the insurance before we do our ivf. I believe the insurance is only applicable and compulsory for those doing ivf. the premium will be based on how many embryos u placed during transfer. The more number of embryos, the higher it is. The insurance covers for those neo natal care, if not mistaken up to $400 per day. I dun think this type of insurance is available outside.

Oic, I already got a maid but becos #1 I had a CL who tend to baby at night so I can rest well, she will bring baby to me every few hrs to BF and during night I tend to drag my baby feed so my #1 at 2nd mth can alrdy slept thru almost the night so I feel a CL might be good esp now with twins very bo eng haha your 'live in helper' meaning nanny or a maid? Read there are some day time nanny around too. But during night you will have to tend to the babies yourself which can be tiring??

Oh I didnt know about this compulsory insurance, mine is IUI babies.. same? I shall go read up more on this, thanks for sharing! Only Great eastern got?? Ya I am very worry abt the high hosp bill if preterm. Altho I did heard of positive stories also, twins who are born of good weight and their hosp bill is only 1.5times more thn the usual singleton bill. For me, if its not preterm, any hosp is the same cos their rates are about the same de, only differ is your gynae charges.

Live in helper aka maid..cos can also help ard the hse mah like mopping/getting ingredients read for meals and washing up etc..yes no choice I intend to do myself cos cut cost im not working hehe

Ya lor we also cannot afford to change to bigger car. I think 2.5 year old still too young for booster seat? Also need space for helper. Headache.

Ya plan to put one in pram and sling carrier one. But will be tiring as they grow heavier. Too bad the boot space sucks if you put up the back seats. We have 3 single prams for my first son. Don't really want to spend more on double pram :(

Thanks! I also hope all things go smoothly. Now week 18 already get tired easily. So big and heavy like third trimester with my first :p

Market rate for confinement lady for twins is $3450 according to agency. One freelance quoted me $3.6k but she's alresdy booked in June. I found another one but she has never taken care of twins before but was willing to try because I have a helper to help her. She charged me $3.8k.

Market rate for confinement lady for twins is $3450 according to agency. One freelance quoted me $3.6k but she's alresdy booked in June. I found another one but she has never taken care of twins before but was willing to try because I have a helper to help her. She charged me $3.8k.

I am also currently sourcing for a CL experience in twins. Recommended by another twin mommy.. charging $3600 -_-" very pricey haha but ya thats e market rate :( ... previously I used PEM agency de not bad but not very good oso. Mid range svc haha but at least agency ones wont play me out last min that is the only pro I feel. $3800 and yet no experience in handling twins.. such rates.. you willing to pay? Still got time to slowly source around... good luck!

Happy New Year ladies !

Do twins mtb feel bbs movements earlier ? Im feeling throbbing feelings these days but im only 14weeks+..is it too early? Or is it just my imagination?:p

Happy New Year ladies !

Do twins mtb feel bbs movements earlier ? Im feeling throbbing feelings these days but im only 14weeks+..is it too early? Or is it just my imagination?:p
Haha! Mayb abit too early.. But you nv know!! I felt mine only at ard week 18.. Mine was left and right, so I know whether girl or boy is moving.. :D

Back