(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Haha I guess some husbands see until cannot tahan ah. My husband for my #1 not so bad la. The most can see he abit tensed up. He just cheer me on and let me squeeze his hand when the contractions came. Haha then pushing time he help me hold one legs up and all. Lol.

My friend husband scared of blood type. So maybe those type will be the fainting kind

Hmm. as at yest was 2-3cm.. hopefully can tahan for another week. CL still got current assignment on..
Anyway to stop or maintain the current dilation? Stop walking?

Walking will speed up labour. So maybe you if you want to "stall"... Just go for bed rest. I hear lavender essential oil helps to relax and slow down contractions, so that may help? But your's dilation so i don't know if it will work but no harm trying I guess!

How many weeks are you at now?

Mine was i was so quiet and just push push push,while my hubby was holding my hand and my head.d funny thing though is im the one who count 1,2,3 push after 5-10min ky bb come out! After my bb come out i still can sms and chit chat with my hubby ahahahah while my gynae take out the placenta! I also see my gynae using d needle and thread for my stitches hahahahah! While im pushing it and catching my breath to inhale and exhale my tears always come out also!!wd my first one same also im quiet during labor and when i deliver

U r the strong n silent type. Haha. Actually dun scream so much better. Conserve energy.

Walking will speed up labour. So maybe you if you want to "stall"... Just go for bed rest. I hear lavender essential oil helps to relax and slow down contractions, so that may help? But your's dilation so i don't know if it will work but no harm trying I guess!

How many weeks are you at now?
i'm around 36 weeks now... "Baby..please stay in there for another 2 weekS!!! then i'll buy you a big present"

@leocub seems like i missed u out in the track list. Oops sorry. When's ur EDD? N btw ure 36 weeks and alr dilated?
Wah i wonder how is it gonna be like for myself since im entering my 37th week. Check up with gynae this Sat after 3 weeks of waiting.

Last edited:
U r the strong n silent type. Haha. Actually dun scream so much better. Conserve energy.
Hahahahaha thank u.thats wht my hubby say also.other room mommies wr shouting and scolding d husband hahahahaha.really funny,everytime my hubby heared d shout he freaked out hahahahah!

After doc break the water bag then should dilate very fast. I at first 4cm after doc break water bag then after a while 9cm dilate

After doc break the water bag then should dilate very fast. I at first 4cm after doc break water bag then after a while 9cm dilate

Mine dilated from 2-4cm in 4 hrs. Super slow. And I was in pain. In the end I give up. Wanted to conserve energy for the final push. So I opted for epi. And yes. Dilation was even slower. But at least I can relax and wait.

@leocub seems like i missed u out in the track list. Oops sorry. When's ur EDD? N btw ure 36 weeks and alr dilated?
Wah i wonder how is it gonna be like for myself since im entering my 37th week. Check up with gynae this Sat after 3 weeks of waiting.

EDD 28 Oct. Ya.. cos during the scan the gynae said the bb very low so he check lor. i'm on weekly visit now.

EDD 28 Oct. Ya.. cos during the scan the gynae said the bb very low so he check lor. i'm on weekly visit now.

oh same EDD with me! wah we r counting down together... if not for my gynae going on leave often, guess I would have met him alot more. Waste $$$ sign package in the end very few appointments. Which gynae u seeing btw?

Went yoga today and the yoga teacher actually told us to smuggle food and drinks into the delivery room cos the hospital doesn't allow food and drinks once inside delivery room.. Haha.. Is that true?

Went yoga today and the yoga teacher actually told us to smuggle food and drinks into the delivery room cos the hospital doesn't allow food and drinks once inside delivery room.. Haha.. Is that true?

True but if the doctor tells you not to eat you better don't eat.
If not during your labour you may vomit or worse case after you clear your bowels and you still eat, later when you push you may poo.

Normally if you're inducing or taking Pethidine, it's best you don't eat alr. Eat before you admit yourself in at most.

Pethidine jab can make you vomit.

I'm same as @Rhonna silent during labour.. I will only tell my hubby I'm very pain~ but no scream. I found that the more I pain or scared, I will not shout out. But some ppl told me it's better to release out the tension instead of keeping it. I think whatever Lah.. As long as we feel better in our own way during labour. :)

Wah! Thankfully you managed to wait until your gyne arrived. And you can still walk!!! Hehe.

For my #2 water bag finally burst at 8cm and by 9cm I already wanted to whack my husband already. He kept talking to me to distract me from the pain, but I shouted at him to shut up. Hehe. Quite funny. Hear ppl say they shout vulgarities in delivery suite cos too pain. Hehe.

But it is quite shiok after bb comes out right? Like finally release this big major constipation. Such a relief. Oh but after that placenta will come out. But the pain score will decrease from 10 to 2. And you will b too happy and focused on your baby that you don't notice what happens after

Quite relieved when baby is out. But the part where the dr massage my womb to let the placenta cm out really v pain and i wanted to kill the dr!! I was still in much pain.

Yah actually when reach that stage , non experienced mummy also will try to push cos body natural reaction. For my first labour, I don't really feel this urge cos I was on laughing gas. Laughing gas worked for me too , but too bad for this second labour I m not Allowed to use.
I still feel like pushing when breathing laughing gas...

But when pushing part i was not allow to use... pain die me ah

Quite relieved when baby is out. But the part where the dr massage my womb to let the placenta cm out really v pain and i wanted to kill the dr!! I was still in much pain.
By right placenta come out not pain already leh. Maybe ur gyne press too hard. But i heard if gyne is good at "pressing" then a lot of the "dirty" stuff inside the womb would b cleared out. Then the menses after will be lesser. Duno true or not.

Uh. Dun smuggle la. Dr wants us to fast cos in case need to go for emergency c-sect cannot eat. Anyway if really hungry in labour ward can ask for biscuits n milo one. But usually they won't give cos need to fast.

Yeah I think to each it's own lor. But also best to save the energy for the pushing. Haha. ;)

Haha, ya lor. Whatever works. I ask hubby to shut up cos I wana concentrate on breathing. He kept talking to me I got very confused and mang zhang. Like got housefly buzzing around my ears like that. Hahah. I have seen some really cool videos of how mummies sing to calm themselves during labour. I see if I can find them back. I post for u all to see. The best one is one mummy 10cm dilated still can sing "amazing grace". I listen already hair all standif

I'm with my husband. Both of us in specs. Maybe just now u passby me cause after i came out from room, i stand outside the door waiting for nurse to call me. Btw My appt become weekly, appt is nx tue. Dr adrian ask me to count 10movements/kicks per day
Ooh I think I saw you but can't remember your face Liao haha. Doc also ask to see me next ruse and count baby kicks must be more than 10 a day. He also gave me the hospital letter and say if waterbag burst go straight to Thomson.

@shabsrina
Thanks a lot for d detailed list....
My bb oledi 2 wks but still sleepy throughout d day n nite....she can sleep thru d nite but me n CL will feed her every 3 hrs...
Hopefully she will awake more longer in day time ....

By right placenta come out not pain already leh. Maybe ur gyne press too hard. But i heard if gyne is good at "pressing" then a lot of the "dirty" stuff inside the womb would b cleared out. Then the menses after will be lesser. Duno true or not.
That one i not too sure...

I was cleaning my breast pump. Suddenly feel something gust out. I went toilet check ,omg alot blood and very red. Anyone experience it too?

I was cleaning my breast pump. Suddenly feel something gust out. I went toilet check ,omg alot blood and very red. Anyone experience it too?

You mean your flow from your womb is it? It's normal I guess. Shldnt be anything to be too worries abt.

Ya, placenta come out shouldn't be pain. I feel whole body relax after pushed my baby out. My Gynae pressed my tummy & I can feel a lot of dirty stuff coming out. Feel like massaging my tummy, comfortable leh.. Maybe every gynae have diff method.

It's normal especially during this period. This is the dirty blood that need to be come out. Though I didn't experience this during confinement period but I did experienced this a few times during normal menses period. Got once came out 'pig liver' alike blood, very thick!! After that tummy feel relieve from menses cramp.

Ya, placenta come out shouldn't be pain. I feel whole body relax after pushed my baby out. My Gynae pressed my tummy & I can feel a lot of dirty stuff coming out. Feel like massaging my tummy, comfortable leh.. Maybe every gynae have diff method.

My gyne told me be careful not to anyhow massage. Especially womb area, when they say push your womb back into position. Must get a trustable masseus. Cos might lead to prolapse. So far I don't dare to do. Hehe. Kia see.

@beac
@agaga

Thanks alot. Last night blood thin kind, very fresh...so kinda of shock.

Bunny horse. Think you monitor. If happens more than once and you start feeling faint must go back see doctor. But otherwise it is common to have blood gushing out once in awhile as the body gets rid of all that lining built up during pregnancy. My discharge gets exceptionally heavy when I eat black fungus during confinement. Cos the CL says black fungus is to get rid of "dirty blood".

Yeah. For my #1 everytime after my massage, my flow will be heavier then "chunks" will come out. Gross but good lor all the dirty blood come out. Haha.

True - must find good and well trained massage lady. If not can prolapse

My gyne told me be careful not to anyhow massage. Especially womb area, when they say push your womb back into position. Must get a trustable masseus. Cos might lead to prolapse. So far I don't dare to do. Hehe. Kia see.

So far I nv engaged any masseus to massage during my confinement period. I also don't dare to anyhow massage myself. See my big tummy feel sad..long way to get rid of it. :-(

My pain was like hell. Actually on 30th morning starts to feel pain at lower abdominal at pelvis. The pain cm n goes abt 5mins.then i called the gynae n went to see him. He checked nt open. Then ask me go hm, follow back wed appt. He told me the contraction pain shld b upper abdominal.

Then after go hm, pain is on & off. At night ard 9plus the pain comes back more intense till ard 10pm, its continuos non stop. Till 12plus i really cant take it, wan to cry liao, cannt sit, cannt stand, do wat also wrong. Waterbag nt break, no blood show. so got my hubby to call the emergency number. Dr ask us go down hospital immediately.

So after shower, wash hair, dry hair call cab went Mt A. Reached abt 0145. I still walk to the deliver suite. After admit, nurse check, actually i was dilated 9cm. No wonder pain like hell la. Cant even adminster epi liao. Luckily laughing gas works for me.

The dr managed to reach at 2am plus a bit. Within 10mins of pushing, my princess is out..
Thanks for sharing... looking at it, you really good in tahan the pain sia... amazing!!!
Hee... i hope i can be as strong as you... hehee

So far I nv engaged any masseus to massage during my confinement period. I also don't dare to anyhow massage myself. See my big tummy feel sad..long way to get rid of it. :-(

Hmm as for malays, it's a sort of a practice to go through post natal massage at least for the 1st week after giving birth. From what I understand is that the post natal massage will help to clear milk ducts, all the dirty blood, body wraps to help get u back into shape if u remain being disciplined... lots of benefits and u can read it from the link below.

http://thenewageparents.com/postnatal-massage/

Mainly for malays we have to drink 'ubat periuk'(the worst and most bitter drink ever, as what I've heard) and eat the jamu2 throughout the 40 days of confinement.
I've booked my post natal massage lady for 1 week. $50 for an hour of massage for 7 days so have to pay $350 in total. Supposedly only $40 a day but due to the travelling, she charged $10 extra. Oklah not too bad and her massage was quite gd as i did a pre natal in my 6th month. Best is to find those aunty2, more experience.

@purple_luv , Dr adrian also never check if i do have dilation even when i am week 38 on tues... think he dont practice this..
Yalo. If he check, then maybe he can advise roughly when bb will come out. The waiiting is torturing. Hahaha..
Anyway will u feel your vaginal is more sensitive as in it actually dilated abit somehow?

Re - massage

This time round I engaged a massage lady who uses young living oil during massage.

Her method is more modern , as in the oils she used and the binder is not the traditional long cloth.

I enjoy her sessions v much as compared to the traditional one.

Re - massage

This time round I engaged a massage lady who uses young living oil during massage.

Her method is more modern , as in the oils she used and the binder is not the traditional long cloth.

oh maybe can recommend to us? Any difference in the massage techniques?

Re - massage

Yeah I interested to know what she does during massage. :)

Yalo. If he check, then maybe he can advise roughly when bb will come out. The waiiting is torturing. Hahaha..
Anyway will u feel your vaginal is more sensitive as in it actually dilated abit somehow?

Ya loh... i joined a group where is there a mummy who also under Dr Adrian... Dr Adrian did told her that she may likely delivery at week38.. so envy she got such information..

I dunno how it feels too leh... have to ask the rest of the mummies liaoz... ahahhaa

Yeah I interested to know what she does during massage. :)
For me I have water retention and she uses grapefruit oil and slimming oil for me.
She will zoom in and pay more attention to my problem areas and also massage my breast for me.
For the binding, she is using those " elastic" cloth to go ard your tummy. No knots, which i find it v comfortable. I m able to sleep w the binding cloth

I also booked my massage lady already haha. So kiasu. She's a 60 yr old Malay lady. Heard she uses hot stone. Never tried before. My first one was jamu wrap type so I think quite common. Hope this one will be better.

No worries girls, glad that u guys find it useful for our future reference. ;)

Btw wanna ask. Im now 36 weeks and been having diarrhea accompanied with severe pelvic pain when I walk and I really try keep my legs close together cause it feels like my belly is about to drop. Haha. First time mommy so im very clueless of whether what Im experiencing is normal.
I'm 39th week now and has been experience soft stools and pelvic pain. My little girl is still undecided on her bday....

My pain was like hell. Actually on 30th morning starts to feel pain at lower abdominal at pelvis. The pain cm n goes abt 5mins.then i called the gynae n went to see him. He checked nt open. Then ask me go hm, follow back wed appt. He told me the contraction pain shld b upper abdominal.

Then after go hm, pain is on & off. At night ard 9plus the pain comes back more intense till ard 10pm, its continuos non stop. Till 12plus i really cant take it, wan to cry liao, cannt sit, cannt stand, do wat also wrong. Waterbag nt break, no blood show. so got my hubby to call the emergency number. Dr ask us go down hospital immediately.

So after shower, wash hair, dry hair call cab went Mt A. Reached abt 0145. I still walk to the deliver suite. After admit, nurse check, actually i was dilated 9cm. No wonder pain like hell la. Cant even adminster epi liao. Luckily laughing gas works for me.

The dr managed to reach at 2am plus a bit. Within 10mins of pushing, my princess is out..

that is a detailed description... in waiting game with the little girl. I'm pretty scare of the pain and the epi needle so I choose to opt out....

Back