(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

So far.. Thomson is the most expensive one...
I will take Natal essential or Richfood.. for lunch.. dinner will be cooked by MIL.
coz i am not the type like confinement food..
Ooo.. okie.. then maybe Thomson is out. Shortlisted mamamia as well.

someone else previously added you already.. you have to check back on your email

added you dear :)
btw my EDD is also 20 Nov. first time mummy as well!
where are you delivering?

Hi missSher, thank you for the add, but I can't seem to see the fb group even when you have added me. Checked my email too but there's nothing. May I know what can I do?

I'm expecting a baby boy and will be delivering at TMC, how about you? So excited, counting down to meeting my little one! Hope everything is good with you and fellow Nov mummies-to-be! I didn't attend any prenatal classes, so there's alot of things I need to learn from fellow mummies, hoping to get to know more mummies through the fb group!

Hi mummies.. I'm taking the pills for my high blood pressure.. But I'm taking it every 2 days.. Cos I'm feeling super tired and my heartburn is insane...

Anyone have got ways to make the energy level stay or go up in the day? I'm 32 weeks alrdy..

Had been having stomach ache everyday recently.. Had been going toilet very well.. But dunno wat cause the tummy ache.. Doc check say its fine.. But sometimes the pain abit hard to bear..

Today just went out for 2-3hrs only.. And I feel super tired.. Got no choice have to give up shopping half way and go home early.. Anyone has got ways or food tat can keep the tiredness away? I'm not slping well at night too.. Keep waking up.. Either due to full bladder if not due to hubby's loud snoring..

So hard to slp thru the night well... :(

hi christin3k, i suffer from heartburn even before pregnancy. Himalayan salt (those orange salt) helps me a lot as it's alkaline. U can get this salt from organic shop. Make a salt water drink from it and take seeps of it. U can also use this salt to cook. U can try to google Dr Oz's comment on using this salt for heartburn.

Hi all. I gave birth this morning - 2 months premature. I've been hospital for past 6 days due to high blood and the gynae observed danger signs to the unborn.

hi mannouhana, hope everything goes well for you and baby. u have no sign of premature?
actually i have stomach pain when i reach beginning of 3rd trimester cos i was too stress and moving abt way too much…told my dr on it and he quickly put me on progesterone to relax my uterus and prepare me for preterm too. was told if medicine doesn't help i need to quickly admit into hospital for other medicine administration.
pls take good care on yr end.

hi christin3k, i suffer from heartburn even before pregnancy. Himalayan salt (those orange salt) helps me a lot as it's alkaline. U can get this salt from organic shop. Make a salt water drink from it and take seeps of it. U can also use this salt to cook. U can try to google Dr Oz's comment on using this salt for heartburn.

But I thought excess salt also increase high blood pressure?

But I thought excess salt also increase high blood pressure?

Excessive salt intake will cause water retention only. My high blood pressure is gone.. Doc just realised the nurse had been taking measurement wrongly.. Somehow I take medi for nothing.. Took the medi for 2 weeks and stop le.. But my water retention still as bad...

Excessive salt intake will cause water retention only. My high blood pressure is gone.. Doc just realised the nurse had been taking measurement wrongly.. Somehow I take medi for nothing.. Took the medi for 2 weeks and stop le.. But my water retention still as bad...

Huhhh can take wrongly!!!? Isn't it using blood pressure machine??

That's terrible...can ask him to give some freebie to compensate

Hi missSher, thank you for the add, but I can't seem to see the fb group even when you have added me. Checked my email too but there's nothing. May I know what can I do?

I'm expecting a baby boy and will be delivering at TMC, how about you? So excited, counting down to meeting my little one! Hope everything is good with you and fellow Nov mummies-to-be! I didn't attend any prenatal classes, so there's alot of things I need to learn from fellow mummies, hoping to get to know more mummies through the fb group!

you checked your spam folder? maybe the mail went there.
im also having a boy, will be delivering at mount alvernia. super excited whenever i think of being able to carry my baby boy in my arms in just a few weeks time! :D

Huhhh can take wrongly!!!? Isn't it using blood pressure machine??

Cos I have very big and flabby arm.. So the usual size's pneumatic amulet cannot be use on my arm.. Need to use the plus size one..

My blood pressure was just bother line high.. The last visit did 1st blood pressure test using the normal size amulet, I was tested bother line high.. Then proceed scan bb.. Then scan finish doc say test again...

The 2nd time doc himself test for me.. Not the nurse.. Then he realise with my meaty arm cannot use normal size one..

So he took out the plus size one.. Measure only say my blood pressure is good..

I did ask my fren who is a nurse, she say it will be in accurate.. And it's only once I was measured with high blood .. Doc jiu give medi Liao.. But I didn't take it everyday.. I take it every 2 days..

Dun wish to depend on medi leh.. Lol.. But lucky only take 2 weeks now my health is clear n good.. At least I nth to worry about le..

Hi, I new here. Currently am a mother of 2 and 3rd one on the way, EDD 7 Nov but think maybe might deliver end Oct.
Delivered my 2 boys naturally without epi at birth weight 3.69kg & 3.77kg. Hope to deliver my 3rd one the same way too.

Congrats to all the new mummies :)

Wow, u went all natural? My doula has been advising me against epidural but I have heard so many horror stories about the pain and all, so was really unsure. Any tips to share?

Wow, u went all natural? My doula has been advising me against epidural but I have heard so many horror stories about the pain and all, so was really unsure. Any tips to share?

Yup, natural :) my mum was telling me if can tahan, don't take epidural too .. i feel the mindset very important. i remembered i was very firm and not to take epi and keep telling myself that epi is not an option. Even reminded my husband not to remind mi that there's a thing call epidural.
i was on drip to induce labour as waterbag started leaking but no contraction. The laughing gas did not work for mi either. but i took the normal jab on my butt which actually helped mi to relax a little. But i dunno is it this jab that actuali helps to speed up my dilated as i dilated from 2cm to 10cm in less than an hour. I hear when too tense up dilation will be slower.
Jia you Thekickerinside, you can do it too!

Yup, natural :) my mum was telling me if can tahan, don't take epidural too .. i feel the mindset very important. i remembered i was very firm and not to take epi and keep telling myself that epi is not an option. Even reminded my husband not to remind mi that there's a thing call epidural.
i was on drip to induce labour as waterbag started leaking but no contraction. The laughing gas did not work for mi either. but i took the normal jab on my butt which actually helped mi to relax a little. But i dunno is it this jab that actuali helps to speed up my dilated as i dilated from 2cm to 10cm in less than an hour. I hear when too tense up dilation will be slower.

Wow, that's amazing. So glad to come across someone who's done it all natural. It's a motivation for me. What's the jab they gave u in your butt? Is it for pain management/relief? I can state that in my birth plan! no harm if it helps with dilation. My husband isn't very keen on the idea of epidural either. Apparently, it's easier to dilate without epi but I am not sure how true that is. 2cm to 10cm in an hour? Wow, how long was your whole labour, and where did you deliver? Did you get the support you needed from your gynae and midwife? Thanks gg_nyssa for your encouragement!

Hi there! I am currently at my 32nd week. Have any of you started packing your hospital bag yet? What about washing baby's clothes and stuff?

Hi there! I am currently at my 32nd week. Have any of you started packing your hospital bag yet? What about washing baby's clothes and stuff?

Hi Gerardine. I am at my 32nd week too. I have put aside things that I need for my hospital bag but haven't properly packed yet. Was planning to do so in the first week of October. Better to be safe, just in case, I guess.

Wow, that's amazing. So glad to come across someone who's done it all natural. It's a motivation for me. What's the jab they gave u in your butt? Is it for pain management/relief? I can state that in my birth plan! no harm if it helps with dilation. My husband isn't very keen on the idea of epidural either. Apparently, it's easier to dilate without epi but I am not sure how true that is. 2cm to 10cm in an hour? Wow, how long was your whole labour, and where did you deliver? Did you get the support you needed from your gynae and midwife? Thanks gg_nyssa for your encouragement!

The jab i took is a normal pain killer. Some of my friends say no effect on them but i find it somehow help mi to relax a bit. My intense contraction was around 2 hours. Both deliveries same. I delivered at Mt. A.
Midwife for my #1, so-so only. But the midwife for my #2 is very nice.. very supportive. Gynae i like. I am with Dr Esther Ng, she's very calm, steady and encouraging at the labour ward.
For my #1, i had excessive bleeding after birth due to his size and i was on bedrest. The nurses keep coming to check on mi every 15mins to make sure the bleeding stop.
For my #2, induced at week 39 also due to his size. My gynae was prepared for the same situation (excessive bleeding) so she prepared all the addition medication i needed, drained out all my pee immediately after i deliver so that i will not have to get off my bed so soon to try to pee. 2nd delivery was smoother than my 1st :)

Me in week 32 too. Managed to pack the bag last weekend! Only washed two sets of baby's clothes for the hospital bag lolz... will start this weekend if no haze

Hi! Yea... The haze is pretty bad. Am thinking of starting the wash baby's clothes this weekend too. What are u guys packing into your hospital bag?

Hi! Yea... The haze is pretty bad. Am thinking of starting the wash baby's clothes this weekend too. What are u guys packing into your hospital bag?

Received the pamphlet from Mt A. think it includes marriage cert, medical records, admission letter, mum's 2 sets of clothes, baby's clothes & mitten set, blanket/wrap, toiletries etc...

Yes I agree mindset! I oso natural without epi. Just laughing gas. No other option.. coz my mum say epi not gd for us. Last time our mum also did it without epi so we can do it too!

Yup Yup, and the motivation is we'll get to see baby real soon!!
Haha. I still remember that I say I dont want to give birth liao when I am pushing so hard inside delivery ward. Haha gynae kept telling me to push harder..saying baby is coming out and I dont make effort to let him out. Thats when I finally make the last push and baby is out! The feeling is incredible!

Haha. I still remember that I say I dont want to give birth liao when I am pushing so hard inside delivery ward. Haha gynae kept telling me to push harder..saying baby is coming out and I dont make effort to let him out. Thats when I finally make the last push and baby is out! The feeling is incredible!

I hope i have the same perserverance as you two ladies! i am a little paranoid and worried that I wont be able to handle the pain...

Received the pamphlet from Mt A. think it includes marriage cert, medical records, admission letter, mum's 2 sets of clothes, baby's clothes & mitten set, blanket/wrap, toiletries etc...

hi été, same too. received that! :)

@mama_joanne
very true, once we see our baby.. the feeling is reali incredible.
This time round mi waiting very anxiously to see my baby girl... think i will cry when i see her.. cos i lost a baby girl 4 years back when i was 22 weeks preggy.
Ard 1 more mth to go!!

@Thekickerinside
You Can Do It!!!!!

Juz Monday i went bk to c gynae.
BB now already ard 2.6kg @ wk33D6. little bui bui...
bb head is quite low. but no signs of labour. gynae say gd for delivery. hahaha...
which i tink shld b able to natural birth ba. next visit is 3wks later. woo.. got the feeling tat bb will come out earlier than EDD...
Guess is the position of bb make me feel uncomfortable. Gynae scan tat time, bb suddenly hiccup. can c fr the screen. so cute. hahaha....

hello mommies i m new here! EDD end nov.

have anyone research on breast pumps? care to share :)
hmm so far. alot ppl recommend medela and spectra.
depends on ur budget ba. spectra is cheaper than medela and ppl comment the power quite gd.
if u have the time, can go to the baby fair next wk to check it out.
the fair will have these 2 brands.

Juz Monday i went bk to c gynae.
BB now already ard 2.6kg @ wk33D6. little bui bui...
bb head is quite low. but no signs of labour. gynae say gd for delivery. hahaha...
which i tink shld b able to natural birth ba. next visit is 3wks later. woo.. got the feeling tat bb will come out earlier than EDD...
Guess is the position of bb make me feel uncomfortable. Gynae scan tat time, bb suddenly hiccup. can c fr the screen. so cute. hahaha.....

That's good news,right? You are hoping for a natural birth? I am going to Wk 32 in a couple of days and have my growth scan scheduled for next week. Is that when they tell you the baby's weight? So far, i have no idea what the weight of the baby is like. The last checkup I went, i was told that baby's head is already below and that's good if I am looking at delivering vaginally

That's good news,right? You are hoping for a natural birth? I am going to Wk 32 in a couple of days and have my growth scan scheduled for next week. Is that when they tell you the baby's weight? So far, i have no idea what the weight of the baby is like. The last checkup I went, i was told that baby's head is already below and that's good if I am looking at delivering vaginally
yaya. gd news. haha. my gynae say tat also laughing.
when they scan, they will measure bb dun knw where. then the estimated weight will appear. gynae will tell me accordingly to tat. but then as it is estimation, can b plus minus de.
tats gd news for u also. bb head down is very impt for natural birth.

you checked your spam folder? maybe the mail went there.
im also having a boy, will be delivering at mount alvernia. super excited whenever i think of being able to carry my baby boy in my arms in just a few weeks time! :D

MissSher, I can't wait to meet my little one too! 32 weeks today, 8 more wks to go!! Jia you!

I am having bad leg cramps at night now... already lifted my legs with a pillow but doesn't help. Any ideas how to relieve the pain (continues throughout the day) or prevent leg cramps?

Btw, I checked all my email folders including spam folder but still didn't see the fb invite! May I know what is the name of the fb group? Maybe I can request to join from there?

MissSher, I can't wait to meet my little one too! 32 weeks today, 8 more wks to go!! Jia you!

I am having bad leg cramps at night now... already lifted my legs with a pillow but doesn't help. Any ideas how to relieve the pain (continues throughout the day) or prevent leg cramps?

Btw, I checked all my email folders including spam folder but still didn't see the fb invite! May I know what is the name of the fb group? Maybe I can request to join from there?

You might want to try soaking your feet and calves in warm water with Epsom salt for about 20minutes and then elevate your legs immediately after for another 10-20mins.

yaya. gd news. haha. my gynae say tat also laughing.
when they scan, they will measure bb dun knw where. then the estimated weight will appear. gynae will tell me accordingly to tat. but then as it is estimation, can b plus minus de.
tats gd news for u also. bb head down is very impt for natural birth.

Usually my gynae measure the tummy to get the estimated weight of my bb.. I'm in 34weeks alrdy.. Bb also head down le... Bb weigh 2.1kg last week when I was 33 weeks.. Doc measure bb thigh bone say she has got long legs.. Could be a tall girl next time.. Lol!

Recently she stretch so much until I can't slp well at all... Not eating well too.. Feeling more n more tired everyday.. Enduring.. Just 5weeks more.. Lol! All mummies jia you!! I'm hoping for a smooth natural birth! Praying hard everyday..

seems like many of the little ones have already turned down.. my baby boy has been in breech position since my second last check up. think he's really comfortable there :p

as much as i would like to try for a natural birth, most importantly is baby is delivered safe and healthy at the end of the day.. have been talking to baby and asking him to try his best to turn haha. currently at week 32+1. gynae also advised that its still early so im keeping fingers crossed.

is it a very big movement when baby turns? can we feel it?

seems like many of the little ones have already turned down.. my baby boy has been in breech position since my second last check up. think he's really comfortable there :p

as much as i would like to try for a natural birth, most importantly is baby is delivered safe and healthy at the end of the day.. have been talking to baby and asking him to try his best to turn haha. currently at week 32+1. gynae also advised that its still early so im keeping fingers crossed.

Usually u will feel bb wiggling at the abdomen area which they are hiccuping and kicks close to the stomach.. Tat means bb had turned down...so far that is how I feel.. Haha!

But it can be very painful whenever bb stretches... Cos bb will press even more on the bladder..

Heh! Dun worry! Bb will change position when he/she knows it's time to pop out!

bb turns we will not knw. becoz the movements might b similar. the later bb turns, mayb u can feel more.
but u still have time. wait n c ba. tok to bb.
my colleague wife end up c sec as bb dun wan to turn.
thus, no matter wat, most impt is bb n mama safe. be it c sec or natural birth.

the fb group is kept secret.. so you wont be able to find it. another way is to add you as a friend first then add u again. should be able to work i think.

cant find your profile on fb, you can add me at [email protected]

Hi all, I am new in this thread. Currently approaching 32 weeks now EDD mid Nov'14 :)
Gave birth to twins in Year 2011 via C-section ... actually wanted to opt for natural birth this time round but doctor advice to go for C-section instead so no choice :(

Just got back from gynae check up... Last minute chiong to the clinic due to lower right abdomen pain..

Checked and found out the pain is due to muscle over stretch.. Cos I vomit too harshly ystd...

Doc then found out... Bb's umbilical cord reading abnormal.. Showing the blood resistant reading is high.. My bb may not be getting enough blood to her body and heart..

Did CTG at the clinic today and bb heartbeat and movement was all normal... Doc advice I will go into labour by 37weeks if the reading continue to be high..

I'm 34weeks tml.. Doc advice I monitor bb's fetal movement twice daily.. Make sure she did move at least 10times within 2hrs when I do the measurement..

Just did the first fetal movement test.. Bb moved 10times within 30mins.. So still doing good..

But if anytime the fetal movement count goes down I will have to be admitted to the hospital immediately n go into labour..

It's very disheartening to hear wat doc say.. He say the umbilical cord is contracting way earlier than expected tats why the blood resistant is showing high reading now.. Sigh...

Doc hoping bb can pull thru this 3 weeks so tat.. By 37weeks go into labour bb is consider matured and in due term.. I'm praying hard everyday now...

Just got back from gynae check up... Last minute chiong to the clinic due to lower right abdomen pain..

Checked and found out the pain is due to muscle over stretch.. Cos I vomit too harshly ystd...

Doc then found out... Bb's umbilical cord reading abnormal.. Showing the blood resistant reading is high.. My bb may not be getting enough blood to her body and heart..

Did CTG at the clinic today and bb heartbeat and movement was all normal... Doc advice I will go into labour by 37weeks if the reading continue to be high..

I'm 34weeks tml.. Doc advice I monitor bb's fetal movement twice daily.. Make sure she did move at least 10times within 2hrs when I do the measurement..

Just did the first fetal movement test.. Bb moved 10times within 30mins.. So still doing good..

But if anytime the fetal movement count goes down I will have to be admitted to the hospital immediately n go into labour..

It's very disheartening to hear wat doc say.. He say the umbilical cord is contracting way earlier than expected tats why the blood resistant is showing high reading now.. Sigh...

Doc hoping bb can pull thru this 3 weeks so tat.. By 37weeks go into labour bb is consider matured and in due term.. I'm praying hard everyday now...
Hi Christine, stay positive. It may not turns out as bad as it appears. My second one also comes out at week 37, at the weight of 1.9kg. She is turning 6 yrs old next month, strong, healthy and energetic. Wishing you to have a strong, healthy and chubby baby!

Hey gal I m from the oct mummies forum but my due date is very late oct so sometimes I pop by the nov mummies thread just to read abit. 2 weeks ago I had similar situation as u, cord resistance was high n gynae also told me the same thing that yours did, have to monitor movement n if anything happens have to deliver early. I was very stressed out n worried but I told myself to think positive n not stress. So I tried to reduce physical activity n rest more. Have been gg back to monitor every week since then n cord pressure is now in normal range. Gynae says rest n drinking a lot of water helps. So don't worry too much k, cord pressure can fluctuate so hope yours returns to normal on the next checkup!

Hi Christine, stay positive. It may not turns out as bad as it appears. My second one also comes out at week 37, at the weight of 1.9kg. She is turning 6 yrs old next month, strong, healthy and energetic. Wishing you to have a strong, healthy and chubby baby!

Thank u so much for the encouragement.. I feel so guilty for not looking after myself well especially when it comes to eating well... I'm not eating much ever since I'm in third trimester.. And I feel so tired everyday.. And my blood circulation is never good.. I hope my check up next week will be good.. Praying hard now..

Hey gal I m from the oct mummies forum but my due date is very late oct so sometimes I pop by the nov mummies thread just to read abit. 2 weeks ago I had similar situation as u, cord resistance was high n gynae also told me the same thing that yours did, have to monitor movement n if anything happens have to deliver early. I was very stressed out n worried but I told myself to think positive n not stress. So I tried to reduce physical activity n rest more. Have been gg back to monitor every week since then n cord pressure is now in normal range. Gynae says rest n drinking a lot of water helps. So don't worry too much k, cord pressure can fluctuate so hope yours returns to normal on the next checkup!

Thank u for the advice! I hope my check up next week will turn out well.. I'm so shocked when doc check the umbilical cord while all these time when I go for check up.. Bb is doing so fine..

Doc ask me bed rest more also.. So far bb had been very active.. Bb don't seem to be affected or know wat is happening.. Everytime bb moves now.. I feel so much better.. I guess it will be a stressful week for me.. I won't be able to relax until the next check up.. :(

Hi christin3k, how does the dr come to this diagnosis and want to perform umbilical cord reading?

Hi christin3k, how does the dr come to this diagnosis and want to perform umbilical cord reading?

I was having lower right abdominal pain.. But after confirming is just muscle pull.. Doc decided to do a detail check on bb's well being.. Cos I was tested to have high blood pressure before that.. But it was a measurement error by the nurse back then..

My doc will randomly check on bb's umbilical cord to make sure bb doing well and becos the growth of bb very minimal.. Although only 6 days apart from last visit.. Doc abit worried.. So he check on the umbilical cord.. Who knows really got problem.. Cos usually even 1 week apart.. My bb's weight gain n growth is a lot one..

Ystd check she only gain less than 100g... Her head measurement also not difference.. Doc checked the cord twice.. Both reading also show blood resistance high.. Bb not getting enough blood from me..

But somehow bb movement is still good.. Her heartbeat is still strong and stable.. So time being still consider ok.. But doc say anything can happen.. As long bb movement drop.. I will have to deliver her immediately..

Back