(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Hi ladies + 1 guy!

Hahahaha..did my detailed scan yesterday. It is a baby boy! Hahahaha!

Weight: 490g as at week 22 (70 percentile)
head diameter: 5cm
head circumference: 19cm
3 cords normal
amniotic fluid: normal amt
uterus level: normal, high
mummy's weight: normal gain

Phew! That is a huge relief. :)

Same as my girl sia. haha close to 500gm :)

Best hawker food for pregnant women
Do you know which of the hawker dishes below are more suitable during pregnancy and when breastfeeding? Take a guess and read on to find out. Eveline Gan reports

Published on Sep 18, 2014 12:08 AM
0 0 0 0 PRINT EMAIL

ST_20140918_CHICKEN_72891.jpg

CHICKEN SATAY V BARBECUED CHICKEN

The lesser evil: Barbecued chicken

It is more nutritious and poses a lower risk of contamination than satay, which is often accompanied by raw onions, cucumber and ketupat (rice cakes).

The latter can carry harmful bacteria, depending on the cleanliness and storage conditions of the stall, said Ms Pauline Xie, a senior dietitian at clinical services at National Healthcare Group Polyclinics.

Order smart: Check that your barbecued chicken is thoroughly cooked - stick a fork through it and it should come out clean.

ST_20140918_AISKAC_454054.jpg

ICE KACANG V CHENG TNG

The lesser evil: Ice kacang

Both local desserts contain about 180 calories per serving each. But ice kacang offers more than twice the protein and five times the fibre, thanks to ingredients such as corn and red beans, said Ms Xie.

Order smart: Ask for less sugar syrup.

MEE SIAM V MEE REBUS V MEE SOTO

The least evil: Mee soto

In terms of nutrients, all three dishes are relatively similar, says Ms Melissa Koh, a nutritionist from the Health Promotion Board (HPB). But mee soto (yellow noodles served with shredded chicken in soup) would be the least sinful at 432 calories per serving. Mee siam and mee rebus contain close to 700 and 571 calories, respectively.

But all the dishes have sky-high sodium levels, with mee soto and mee rebus containing about 2.6g per serving and mee siam, 2.1g per serving. According to the HPB, Singaporeans eat an average of 9g of salt a day, which is more than the daily recommended amount of 5g.

Order smart: Get more protein by asking for lean meat, hard-boiled eggs and veggies, advised Ms Koh. Refrain from slurping up the gravy to cut down on the salt and calories.

ST_20140918_NASIB_728727.jpg

CHICKEN BRIYANI V NASI LEMAK (WITH TWO FRIED KUNING FISH, EGG, FRIED ANCHOVIES AND SAMBAL CHILLI)

The lesser evil: Nasi lemak

Both dishes are far from healthy, but nasi lemak contains less saturated fat at 7g per serving compared to briyani's 12.3g, said Ms Xie. The rice in briyani is typically made with ghee and fat from chicken skin, she added. Saturated fat raises bad cholesterol levels in your body, increasing the risk of heart disease.

Order smart: Go easy on the sambal chilli. Apart from being oily, it is often loaded with salt.

MILK TEA V MILK COFFEE VS MILO

The least evil: Milo

The chocolate drink contains a negligible amount of caffeine - about 5 per cent of what is in a cup of instant coffee, said Ms Xie.

Too much caffeine can increase the risk of miscarriage and premature birth, she added. During pregnancy, stick to less than 300mg, or about two cups of coffee or tea.

If you are nursing, take less than 200mg of caffeine a day as it can pass through breast milk and cause your child to be restless, she said.

Order smart: Ask for the less sweet version.

CHICKEN RICE V CHICKEN CUTLET

The lesser evil: Chicken rice

Both are equally sinful dishes because of their high calorie and fat content, said Ms Koh. If you must make a choice, take chicken rice, which has 525 calories and 20g of fat per serving. A regular portion of fried chicken cutlet, served with French fries, salad, baked beans and toast, can easily set you back by as much as 800 calories, she added.

Order smart: Opt for brown rice if the chicken rice stall offers it, The added fibre can keep you full for a longer time, and is beneficial to your heart, said Ms Koh.

Background story
Should you eat for two?

On average, a moderately active woman needs about 2,000 calories a day. If you are pregnant and fairly sedentary (for instance, you are at your desk all day), all you need is 200 more calories a day, said Ms Jenny Ng, the principal dietitian from Mind Your Diet.

A more active pregnant mum would require just 285 more calories. And if you are breastfeeding, you will need an extra 500 calories a day to help maintain your milk supply.

She shares a list of other key nutrients you will need.

NUTRIENTS

Folic Acid

Pregnant: 600mg

Lactating: 500mg

Protein

Pregnant: 67g

Lactating: 83g (first six months), 77g (after six months)

Calcium

Pregnant: 1,000mg

Lactating: 1,000mg

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/supplem...-pregnant-women-20140918#sthash.GAEMbrdi.dpuf

Those of you who want to know the size and quality of Carters can go IMM, Factory outlet by Jay Gee. Can touch2 and see size before ordering online. Now, they having sale. 2 pieces (sets / 1 piece) get 1 free. Some even have 4 pieces set.

The cuttings are small as compared Cotton On or H&M. I find some of Carters materials are quite thin too. I love Cotton On designs and quality. Just that it is a lil ex. I will buying 5-6 pieces from Cotton On. Cannot resist! H&M pyjamas 2 for $25. Good material.

I also on a rough 2 kg per mth gain. trying to cut to around 1-1.5kg haha doc say she hope I put on around 7-8 kg the most 10kg... I am at the halfway mark of 10kg hahhaa

I weight myself every morning and night, difference is around 0.5 - 1kg

I'm still squeezing into most of my normal dresses too, just that they r getting shorter n shorter, hehe.

The haze is bad today! Woke up with not only a runny nose but also itchy eyes today. :(

Best hawker food for pregnant women
Do you know which of the hawker dishes below are more suitable during pregnancy and when breastfeeding? Take a guess and read on to find out. Eveline Gan reports

Published on Sep 18, 2014 12:08 AM
0 0 0 0 PRINT EMAIL

ST_20140918_CHICKEN_72891.jpg

CHICKEN SATAY V BARBECUED CHICKEN

The lesser evil: Barbecued chicken

It is more nutritious and poses a lower risk of contamination than satay, which is often accompanied by raw onions, cucumber and ketupat (rice cakes).

The latter can carry harmful bacteria, depending on the cleanliness and storage conditions of the stall, said Ms Pauline Xie, a senior dietitian at clinical services at National Healthcare Group Polyclinics.

Order smart: Check that your barbecued chicken is thoroughly cooked - stick a fork through it and it should come out clean.

ST_20140918_AISKAC_454054.jpg

ICE KACANG V CHENG TNG

The lesser evil: Ice kacang

Both local desserts contain about 180 calories per serving each. But ice kacang offers more than twice the protein and five times the fibre, thanks to ingredients such as corn and red beans, said Ms Xie.

Order smart: Ask for less sugar syrup.

MEE SIAM V MEE REBUS V MEE SOTO

The least evil: Mee soto

In terms of nutrients, all three dishes are relatively similar, says Ms Melissa Koh, a nutritionist from the Health Promotion Board (HPB). But mee soto (yellow noodles served with shredded chicken in soup) would be the least sinful at 432 calories per serving. Mee siam and mee rebus contain close to 700 and 571 calories, respectively.

But all the dishes have sky-high sodium levels, with mee soto and mee rebus containing about 2.6g per serving and mee siam, 2.1g per serving. According to the HPB, Singaporeans eat an average of 9g of salt a day, which is more than the daily recommended amount of 5g.

Order smart: Get more protein by asking for lean meat, hard-boiled eggs and veggies, advised Ms Koh. Refrain from slurping up the gravy to cut down on the salt and calories.

ST_20140918_NASIB_728727.jpg

CHICKEN BRIYANI V NASI LEMAK (WITH TWO FRIED KUNING FISH, EGG, FRIED ANCHOVIES AND SAMBAL CHILLI)

The lesser evil: Nasi lemak

Both dishes are far from healthy, but nasi lemak contains less saturated fat at 7g per serving compared to briyani's 12.3g, said Ms Xie. The rice in briyani is typically made with ghee and fat from chicken skin, she added. Saturated fat raises bad cholesterol levels in your body, increasing the risk of heart disease.

Order smart: Go easy on the sambal chilli. Apart from being oily, it is often loaded with salt.

MILK TEA V MILK COFFEE VS MILO

The least evil: Milo

The chocolate drink contains a negligible amount of caffeine - about 5 per cent of what is in a cup of instant coffee, said Ms Xie.

Too much caffeine can increase the risk of miscarriage and premature birth, she added. During pregnancy, stick to less than 300mg, or about two cups of coffee or tea.

If you are nursing, take less than 200mg of caffeine a day as it can pass through breast milk and cause your child to be restless, she said.

Order smart: Ask for the less sweet version.

CHICKEN RICE V CHICKEN CUTLET

The lesser evil: Chicken rice

Both are equally sinful dishes because of their high calorie and fat content, said Ms Koh. If you must make a choice, take chicken rice, which has 525 calories and 20g of fat per serving. A regular portion of fried chicken cutlet, served with French fries, salad, baked beans and toast, can easily set you back by as much as 800 calories, she added.

Order smart: Opt for brown rice if the chicken rice stall offers it, The added fibre can keep you full for a longer time, and is beneficial to your heart, said Ms Koh.

Background story
Should you eat for two?

On average, a moderately active woman needs about 2,000 calories a day. If you are pregnant and fairly sedentary (for instance, you are at your desk all day), all you need is 200 more calories a day, said Ms Jenny Ng, the principal dietitian from Mind Your Diet.

A more active pregnant mum would require just 285 more calories. And if you are breastfeeding, you will need an extra 500 calories a day to help maintain your milk supply.

She shares a list of other key nutrients you will need.

NUTRIENTS

Folic Acid

Pregnant: 600mg

Lactating: 500mg

Protein

Pregnant: 67g

Lactating: 83g (first six months), 77g (after six months)

Calcium

Pregnant: 1,000mg

Lactating: 1,000mg

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/supplem...-pregnant-women-20140918#sthash.GAEMbrdi.dpuf

Now I got craving for BBQ chicken! I will still choose Cheng Tng over Ice Kachang! Never really like the syrup.. haha..
That day I saw this preggy woman like eat a lot -- there are like 3 empty plates in front of her! A bit scary.. i think she shld also moderate her intake..

I'm still squeezing into most of my normal dresses too, just that they r getting shorter n shorter, hehe.

The haze is bad today! Woke up with not only a runny nose but also itchy eyes today. :(

Me too! But my dresses are quite fitting, so some have to put one side already... Now I rotate 4-5 non maternity dresses and skirts, 2 maternity skirt, 1 maternity trousers...

Those of you who want to know the size and quality of Carters can go IMM, Factory outlet by Jay Gee. Can touch2 and see size before ordering online. Now, they having sale. 2 pieces (sets / 1 piece) get 1 free. Some even have 4 pieces set.

The cuttings are small as compared Cotton On or H&M. I find some of Carters materials are quite thin too. I love Cotton On designs and quality. Just that it is a lil ex. I will buying 5-6 pieces from Cotton On. Cannot resist! H&M pyjamas 2 for $25. Good material.

i gg to orchard to shop in half an hrs time.cannot ren anymore,see if i can get a few pieces of baby clothes to start off. :)

Yup bad haze.. my LO started coughing last night.. he also had trouble sleeping..
Hope the haze passes soon..
Last year was quite heng.. when the haze peaked here.. I was in BKK with my boy & HB.. so managed to escape the super hazy days..

Me too! But my dresses are quite fitting, so some have to put one side already... Now I rotate 4-5 non maternity dresses and skirts, 2 maternity skirt, 1 maternity trousers...

so good.. I now like wear uniform every week. I rotate 2-3 non maternity dress, 1 maternity skirt and 1 maternity trousers haha. My colleague say y keep seeing u wear the same thing.. I say no budget. :p

i am petite,so i dun bother to buy those expensive maternity wear.i got this convetible dress from a blogshop sometime ago.

who knws,i can wear during pregnancy and its super comfortable :)

Attachments

• convertible.jpg
    convertible.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 175
My difference between morning and night can be quite drastic leh... sometimes more than 1kg difference!
i stopped weighting myself scare will see the scale top the 2kg :p
but my weight diff is usually pre- pang sai and post pangsai lolz ...the difference can be as big as 1.5kg lolz

i am petite,so i dun bother to buy those expensive maternity wear.i got this convetible dress from a blogshop sometime ago.

who knws,i can wear during pregnancy and its super comfortable :)

This one you can wear for work?? My work sure cannot wear this....

My maternity wardrobe all black, cuz easier to match with other coloured tops and I usually have to wear a jacket during work hours....

but my weight diff is usually pre- pang sai and post pangsai lolz ...the difference can be as big as 1.5kg lolz

wah! really or not? your poo poo and pee pee weighs 1.5kg?!!! hahaha...you store for how long...

My throat feels scratchy. Not sure if it is cos of the haze or due to ... lack of good sleep for 2 consecutive nights. hmm

My throat feels scratchy. Not sure if it is cos of the haze or due to ... lack of good sleep for 2 consecutive nights. hmm
this morning i wake at almost 5am ...cos heard some noises ..cant go back to sleep but just went i almost fall alseep my alarm ring :s but heng previous night good sleep so still not that tired :p

wah! really or not? your poo poo and pee pee weighs 1.5kg?!!! hahaha...you store for how long...
2-3 days lor :p

this morning i wake at almost 5am ...cos heard some noises ..cant go back to sleep but just went i almost fall alseep my alarm ring :s but heng previous night good sleep so still not that tired :p
haiz... a bunch of youngsters were creating a ruckus at the rooftop garden last night. bleah. wanted to scream "knn diam la mai cha!"

so good.. I now like wear uniform every week. I rotate 2-3 non maternity dress, 1 maternity skirt and 1 maternity trousers haha. My colleague say y keep seeing u wear the same thing.. I say no budget. :p

If u look at my work wardrobe, it's already like uniform even before pregnant - all black... now still all black but with less variety... I scared I will outgrow my non-maternity stuff, once outgrown, then I will have enough maternity work clothes to last me exactly 1 week. LOL. I really hope I won't be buying new maternity stuff in last trimester... would be such a waste of $$.

If u look at my work wardrobe, it's already like uniform even before pregnant - all black... now still all black but with less variety... I scared I will outgrow my non-maternity stuff, once outgrown, then I will have enough maternity work clothes to last me exactly 1 week. LOL. I really hope I won't be buying new maternity stuff in last trimester... would be such a waste of $$.
can keep for no 2 if u dont get too freaked out of being preggie again :p

I already can't fit into my usual working dresses like since 15 weeks? Had been getting and wearing those no waist shapeless dresses so hopefully after gv birth can still wear wif a belt. For pants and shorts no choice have to get those maternity kind. But I usual fold down the extra cloth cos they make my tummy itch.

hahaha!! i kept laughing at my own screen after reading.. cos i tried it before!! my weight gain is scary, i only weight myself when my gynae request.. i think i gained the most kgs here.. hitting 10kg liao :(

Haha I opposite, I don't have black clothes. I like colorful dresses w bright prints :p
no choice cos i am fat so need some black color to make me look slimmer lolz

I already can't fit into my usual working dresses like since 15 weeks? Had been getting and wearing those no waist shapeless dresses so hopefully after gv birth can still wear wif a belt. For pants and shorts no choice have to get those maternity kind. But I usual fold down the extra cloth cos they make my tummy itch.
same i hate those wrap tummy section so i try to get those adjustable waist line pants :p

hahaha!! i kept laughing at my own screen after reading.. cos i tried it before!! my weight gain is scary, i only weight myself when my gynae request.. i think i gained the most kgs here.. hitting 10kg liao :(
if u are small size ok wat ..u see fann wont 17kg ok !!!
for me obese one ..so cannot gain too much mah

no choice cos i am fat so need some black color to make me look slimmer lolz

same i hate those wrap tummy section so i try to get those adjustable waist line pants :p

if u are small size ok wat ..u see fann wont 17kg ok !!!
for me obese one ..so cannot gain too much mah
Oh fann wong gained 17kg!! That's a lot! But from her pics n on tv don't look like lo.. Power!!

Jojo.. Yours is twin right? If twins, 10kg not that scary la..

Ya twins.. but all my frens say 10kg for 20weeks like too much.. but my appetite drop alot in 2nd trimester, weight still increase weekly.. worries me.. though gynae nv say anything about my weight..

My colleague week 20 gained 10kg le. Singleton somemore. Aiya I also quite cham. First trimester nv lose weight. Up to now gained 8kg liao. Must control.

Back