(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

How many kgs have you mummies gained now that we are halfway thru the pregnancy?

I've gained 7kg and starting to really feel like a whale. My feet are also feeling the pressure from the weight. Third trimester weight gain will be more rapid!! *gasp!*

My gynae's appointment is tomorrow! So I will find out tomorrow! Heehee..

Else so far I have lost 7kg and gained back 8kg! :)

My gynae's appointment is tomorrow! So I will find out tomorrow! Heehee..

Else so far I have lost 7kg and gained back 8kg! :)
u lose fast and put on fast so balance off lah lolz

Haha.. Maybe like @PTB7674 said they are shy when it comes to unfamiliar faces. My kids are not shy type. So they will greet, say thank you/bye bye and ask for things etc. But they can also go crazy playing because not shy at all. During those times I will wish they have more self restraint. But kids will be kids! When it comes to play, they only focus on play!!
yah the problem with kid is once they are not shy and become familiar they can be wild ..i have to constantly catch hold of my boy and my nephew so that they dun become monkey like other kids

yah the problem with kid is once they are not shy and become familiar they can be wild ..i have to constantly catch hold of my boy and my nephew so that they dun become monkey like other kids

Ya man. So easy to gain back!! Lol :p

Yes. Especially my girl! Cannot believe she is more wild than my boy. I need to bring her to playground to release all that energy very often. But I think your stern voice is good. Can make your boy quickly pause to listen. :D

Ya man. So easy to gain back!! Lol :p

Yes. Especially my girl! Cannot believe she is more wild than my boy. I need to bring her to playground to release all that energy very often. But I think your stern voice is good. Can make your boy quickly pause to listen. :D
lolz but you dun see my boy stop right lolz ... so i need a much strong stern voice to stop my boy lolz

No leh. Is it useful? I scare hot leh. The weather already quite warm these few days. If I wear at nite, the stocking will sure be on the floor by next morning!
huh? stocking leh...how to be on floor next morning ?

Wow u lost so much weight! I think so far I've put on abt 5 kg..

Yes! Very scary. Because totally cannot keep fluids and solids down at all during my first and early second trimester. But now so much better although the morning sickness is still there. I totally avoid whatever triggers the nausea. 5kg sounds good. Still can gain some more! :D

lolz but you dun see my boy stop right lolz ... so i need a much strong stern voice to stop my boy lolz

huh? stocking leh...how to be on floor next morning ?

Hahaha.. How about your hubby? I dare not be too loud when I am in public places too. Later people thought I siao cha bor!

Midnight too hot so remove stockings? Happens to me when I wear socks to sleep. Even my subconscious self hates it. Lol

haha it isnt just me. it's the whole clan. *rolls eyes*

i am probably ngiao but i believe being shy isnt a good excuse (speaking from the perspective of someone who greets everybody in the family and as someone who hasnt had kids). that's what the parents are for - to ease the nervousness and to teach the child. Fine if u cant remember my name cos I see u only 1x - 2 x a yr but...at least a "Happy New Year Auntie" and a "Thank you!" can do, instead of snatching the AP and wanting to run off?? hmm.

btw re housewarming, i am not doing a housewarming either. not that many small kids but...it's just too much work .

Yeah I agree with @PTB7674 and @lovexuan that some kids might be shy.. my boy is one of them lor.. super shy.. when i brought him to @cinderelly place.. he actually dont want to go in and started crying -_-! When he see strangers.. ask him say hello.. he wont say one.. but very gladly say bye bye when i ask him to..

haha... my cousins kids rly go crazy when they are together???? the 4 of them are...the terrible 4. omg.

Yes! Very scary. Because totally cannot keep fluids and solids down at all during my first and early second trimester. But now so much better although the morning sickness is still there. I totally avoid whatever triggers the nausea. 5kg sounds good. Still can gain some more! :D
Poor thing! Some people do get quite bad morning sickness in first tri..mine I still feel nauseous when brushing teeth despite changing a few diff toothpaste brands..

How many kgs have you mummies gained now that we are halfway thru the pregnancy?

I've gained 7kg and starting to really feel like a whale. My feet are also feeling the pressure from the weight. Third trimester weight gain will be more rapid!! *gasp!*

I've gained approx 3-4kg, depending what day/time I weigh myself.... Morning less... at night is food baby so weight gain usually more at night. Hhahaha.

ok but basically u do teach them to greet right...

my cousins ah.... aiyo. their kids dunno how to greet ??? best thing was when i gave out AP this yr during CNY, the 3 yr old boy can take the AP from me WITH 1 HAND and not say anything. I wanted to say 有爷生,没娘教 cos in front of his dad. but in the end all i did was to frown and raise an eye brow. i believe his dad saw it and asked "what must u say??"

not to mention..one of my cousins has a daughter who is in P1 this yr. Also dunno how to greet or even say a basic "Gong Xi Fa Cai" to the relatives.

and not just only greet the cousins (i.e. people like me...and my other cousins). even ppl like my uncles, aunties..also nv greet

Imo, basic courtesy like receiving AP with 2 hands and saying thank you is a must, regardless of whether you are shy or not. With my younger cousins and cousin's kids I am quite strict, if they take with 1 hand, I will not let go, and say in front of them (and their parents),"what must you say..."

Usually they get the message. But I only do this with my side of the family....

But like @yingzz's son who is only 2 years old, then I will close one eye, cuz still very young, still need time to "train". Once they reach kindergarten, must at least be able to greet and have some manners....

With my hubby's side of the family, because I am not close to them, I usually will leave it to my hubby to give the AP... I don't think he is as strict as me though.... sometimes I ask him who is so-and-so whom he just gave the AP to, he can reply me "dunno... younger than me, so I give lor..."

Faints.

Last edited:
I've gained approx 3-4kg, depending what day/time I weigh myself.... Morning less... at night is food baby so weight gain usually more at night. Hhahaha.

Imo, basic courtesy like receiving AP with 2 hands and saying thank you is a must, regardless of whether you are shy or not. With my younger cousins and cousin's kids I am quite strict, if they take with 1 hand, I will not let go, and say in front of them (and their parents),"what must you say..."

But like @yingzz's son who is only 2 years old, then I will close one eye, cuz still very young, still need time to "train". Once they reach kindergarten, must at least be able to greet and have some manners....

With my hubby's side of the family, because I am not close to them, I usually will leave it to my hubby to give the AP... I don't think he is as strict as me though.... sometimes I ask him who is so-and-so whom he just gave the AP to, he can reply me "dunno... younger than me, so I give lor..."

Faints.
hahaha ur hb is cute! i do agree lor..when they go to sch they shld be able to greet and have some manners...

No leh. Is it useful? I scare hot leh. The weather already quite warm these few days. If I wear at nite, the stocking will sure be on the floor by next morning!

haha. same goes for my socks when I apply foot cream and also all the extra pillows to make me sleep comfy.
now even my bra also landed on the floor. tink too hot during the night and feels tight around the bust area.

My hub sis kids also nvr greet pp when they go to my in law hse, not even their grandparents.. but they are.not.my kid and sis and bil always hint we don't have kids that y we think it's so easy to teach. I bo chap the older Gal, she got bad attitude. The younger boy 2yo, I will teach when his parents not around Cox they leave him for my mil to take care during the day...

haha... my cousins kids rly go crazy when they are together???? the 4 of them are...the terrible 4. omg.
lolz ... then you beware...dun like your kid mix with them ..monkey see monkey do one leh

I will "unknowingly" pull them off 1...haha.
Got once, I got so warm at nite that in my sleep, I told my hubby my tummy ache, I wan air con on. When in the morning I was surprised that the air con is on. my hubby say you wan the air con on 1 leh....-_-
what does aircon got to do with tummy ache lolz ...

Faints.

i think the clan is the most unique one ... it is the mothers / father exchange AP .. the parent will go around ask how many children u have and exchange the AP .. the kids all dunno go where liao it has become a ritual thing .. the true meaning behind giving AP is lost ... i guess once the elders all move onz... visiting will be restricted to immediate family ... no need go clan visiting liao

Poor thing! Some people do get quite bad morning sickness in first tri..mine I still feel nauseous when brushing teeth despite changing a few diff toothpaste brands..

Mine is hyperemesis gravidarum. A rare kind of severe morning sickness. I had it for my #2 and lost 5kg too but this time it's worse than before. Same here! Brushing teeth, showering, perfume or bad breath from some people, the smell of neighbours' cooking, pictures of food that triggers my nausea etc all can make me puke immediately. I have not eaten at a food court, coffee shop or hawker centre ever since it started.

Yup, we are entering third trimester soon. ALMOST THERE!!! Let's all jiayou... :)

lolz ... then you beware...dun like your kid mix with them ..monkey see monkey do one leh

i think the clan is the most unique one ... it is the mothers / father exchange AP .. the parent will go around ask how many children u have and exchange the AP .. the kids all dunno go where liao it has become a ritual thing .. the true meaning behind giving AP is lost ... i guess once the elders all move onz... visiting will be restricted to immediate family ... no need go clan visiting liao
hmm if see only 1x or 2x a yr... i tink ok right? the 4 of them are together every day cos they all go to my uncle's place cos my cousins are workign too

Last edited:
Mine is hyperemesis gravidarum. A rare kind of severe morning sickness. I had it for my #2 and lost 5kg too but this time it's worse than before. Same here! Brushing teeth, showering, perfume or bad breath from some people, the smell of neighbours' cooking, pictures of food that triggers my nausea etc all can make me puke immediately. I have not eaten at a food court, coffee shop or hawker centre ever since it started.

I only know of hyperemesis gravidarum because of Kate MIddleton... at least you don't need to be hospitalized.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...emesis-gravidarum-explained/story?id=25347952

haha. same goes for my socks when I apply foot cream and also all the extra pillows to make me sleep comfy.
now even my bra also landed on the floor. tink too hot during the night and feels tight around the bust area.
what !?!?!? how the bra land on floor lolz ... err so many pillow ur hubby still got room on bed to sleep lolz
yah i turned down the temp ..my hubby cover blanket i kick away blanket wahahahahha...

My hub sis kids also nvr greet pp when they go to my in law hse, not even their grandparents.. but they are.not.my kid and sis and bil always hint we don't have kids that y we think it's so easy to teach. I bo chap the older Gal, she got bad attitude. The younger boy 2yo, I will teach when his parents not around Cox they leave him for my mil to take care during the day...
haha u are nice to teach. i'd prolly just 唱衰.
imagine if i teach my LO to greet properly and to really talk , then of course he / she will be the apple of the elder's eyes (provided he / she is well behaved too ^^. it's just like in the workplace..there are some people who can talk so well , so savvy, and they are well-liked by all

Yup, we are entering third trimester soon. ALMOST THERE!!! Let's all jiayou... :)
same as Prince william wife lor...
she is pregnant with #2 now and like #1 need to check into hospital

3rd tri is from which week onward har ? like still long way leh

You're very brave.. If I had such bad MS I would have stopped at #1..haha

I agree that the true meaning has been lost. We see most of these people once a year and honestly I don't even know who some of them are. It's the elders that want us to be there. They give AP to my kids but they don't even know their names or whose kids are those. My kids will come to me with the APs and I must track back and get my kids to go back and greet again according to the hokkien terms after checking with my grandma. Much as we would like to have a close knit extended family, but if nobody put in the effort to maintain in contact also tough. Even inviting my immediate family to my baby's full month or birthday parties also not easy. Majority don't turn up. They are not genuinely happy for me I feel. More like wah, you give birth to #3 so you can collect more APs is it kind of mentality. So I am very envious of those who can maintain such good relationships with immediate and extended family!

Morn i went market to buy something, not sure isit due to weather, i almost black out. Sudd feel so stuffy short breath. Anyone ever have that?

I agree that the true meaning has been lost. We see most of these people once a year and honestly I don't even know who some of them are. It's the elders that want us to be there. They give AP to my kids but they don't even know their names or whose kids are those. My kids will come to me with the APs and I must track back and get my kids to go back and greet again according to the hokkien terms after checking with my grandma. Much as we would like to have a close knit extended family, but if nobody put in the effort to maintain in contact also tough. Even inviting my immediate family to my baby's full month or birthday parties also not easy. Majority don't turn up. They are not genuinely happy for me I feel. More like wah, you give birth to #3 so you can collect more APs is it kind of mentality. So I am very envious of those who can maintain such good relationships with immediate and extended family!
i was completely sian when i went visiting this yr to go to my hb's distant relatives' place. 1st time gg .hb also dont rly know them... hmm. for me normally CNY is only gg to my paternal and maternal grandparents' place and everyone gathers there, and my pil have CNY gathering at their hse. all my hb's uncles and aunties go there for dinner.

I only know of hyperemesis gravidarum because of Kate MIddleton... at least you don't need to be hospitalized.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...emesis-gravidarum-explained/story?id=25347952

That's because I don't have the luxury to become hospitalised like her. Haha.. I told my gynae it's impossible. My kid(s) needed me. I didn't have alternative caregivers for them. So don't admit me to the hospital!! Because when I had it for #2, I was so badly dehydrated I did not pee and poo at all for two weeks. He wanted to put me on drip but I agreed to force sips of water onto myself instead. For #3 I sorta expected it so I just ate despite the gagging, and this eat and puke act seemed to keep me hydrated. I was only afraid I would become bulimic. Thankfully things have improved at this stage and we are almost there!! :p

i was completely sian when i went visiting this yr to go to my hb's distant relatives' place. 1st time gg .hb also dont rly know them... hmm. for me normally CNY is only gg to my paternal and maternal grandparents' place and everyone gathers there, and my pil have CNY gathering at their hse. all my hb's uncles and aunties go there for dinner.

I also feel so sian every year when I go to this distant distant relative's house! Thinking if I can use baby as an excuse and skip next year. Very boring to sit there when nobody even talks. Lol!!

huh rly need to abort?? no medicine to solve the problem?
i read of article .. it is really bad no cure one and the mother really cant take it ...have to abort lor

when young i also go maternal and paternal grandparent house ..and all will gather there ..
once maternal grandparent moved onz.. totally stopped visiting ..
now left paternal side but not grandparent but rotate go each uncle place ...and can see some relative are finding excuse not to go ..claiming his place too far lah etc ...but when they have wedding need more pple for face issue they will remember others ..haiz.. to me that is not pretty at all..1st you dun bother to maintain relation but when you have big occasion and need the crowd then you start calling others ,...so fake ..

huh rly need to abort?? no medicine to solve the problem?

No medicine to cure it is the worse part. I used to tell hubby I felt like 生不如死. Nothing can stop it at all. Some mummies fall into depression so have to abort to save the mummy's sanity. I had my kids who kept me going during the worst stage. I cried to them everyday, I told them how terrible and suffering I felt, they would hug and kiss and assure me it's ok and even became more independant as a result. I was still breastfeeding #2 during that time and it made me felt like I was still contributing. Else I was bedridden the entire day with a pail next to me. They are my motivation every single day!

It sends a shiver down my spine to recall those helpless days. The worst is over!!!

I also feel so sian every year when I go to this distant distant relative's house! Thinking if I can use baby as an excuse and skip next year. Very boring to sit there when nobody even talks. Lol!!
haha ya ! i'd just say dont wanna go. rly it's shiong to carry a bb all over singapore. i also shagged TTM. Whatmore abt bb

No medicine to cure it is the worse part. I used to tell hubby I felt like 生不如死. Nothing can stop it at all. Some mummies fall into depression so have to abort to save the mummy's sanity. I had my kids who kept me going during the worst stage. I cried to them everyday, I told them how terrible and suffering I felt, they would hug and kiss and assure me it's ok and even became more independant as a result. I was still breastfeeding #2 during that time and it made me felt like I was still contributing. Else I was bedridden the entire day with a pail next to me. They are my motivation every single day!

It sends a shiver down my spine to recall those helpless days. The worst is over!!!
did u try zofran?

btw ur kids seem like sweeties when they hug and kiss u. i suppose having a supportive hb is also crucial in helping u endure the crap

Back