2WW - for those TTC-ing

princess or prince, they r so precious! :)

evry mth is so different.. this mth new pattern.. I started spotting yesterday till now - pink mucus.. on CD 26 & 27.. any1 experienced/experiencing this..? how many days does it lasts u for af to finally arrive..?

princess or prince, they r so precious! :)

evry mth is so different.. this mth new pattern.. I started spotting yesterday till now - pink mucus.. on CD 26 & 27.. any1 experienced/experiencing this..? how many days does it lasts u for af to finally arrive..?
that lil bub indeed is my previous...especially so when I thought I had no hope for that cycle already

@gamma, congrats to you!! Princess can have lots of beautiful dresses to buy & wear de!!! I always tot gals are more obedient & thoughtful to parents just like us wonderful daughters to our parents right? Hahha lucky you!!!

@darbi, thank you for the tip! I will cook this kind of soup for my hb to take. Hehehe... I just took a pill of royal jelly but the softgel is so big!!

Haa ya. It can be quite intimidating.

my AF came today at CD27, 1 day earlier than normal.. spotting on CD24, 25, 26.. weird I have not had so long of spotting before AF ever.. I think my AF has gone haywire after my HSG test.

anyways, new cycle starts! chiong ah~

hi all, unity is having discount of 20% on Blackmore and kordel supplements. and a few more brands. u may want to take a look? but I have checked that e kordel discount only applies to vitamins , not royal jelly.

my AF came today at CD27, 1 day earlier than normal.. spotting on CD24, 25, 26.. weird I have not had so long of spotting before AF ever.. I think my AF has gone haywire after my HSG test.

i m with u. cd29 today. no o till now. hope my af don delay. I hate delaying. I rather af come cos I know I m not preg!:(

@star.star I feel similar to u.. spotting on CD 26, 27 & today 28.. if same as u spot for 3 days, I shld expect af to come tmr morn.. feeling cramps these 3 days.. thou 28 days cycle is normal to me, recent months have been 30/31 days.. wonder if spotting going to extend? so annoying.. guess wat? I oso juz had HSG test done in Jul.. hmm..

@star.star I feel similar to u.. spotting on CD 26, 27 & today 28.. if same as u spot for 3 days, I shld expect af to come tmr morn.. feeling cramps these 3 days.. thou 28 days cycle is normal to me, recent months have been 30/31 days.. wonder if spotting going to extend? so annoying.. guess wat? I oso juz had HSG test done in Jul.. hmm..
I feel the same way as u. cycles keep getting longer ever since I start ttc. crampy feeling a few days before AF too..sigh.

@bubbleblue1 fresh huai shan (its root like thing.. long long one) is good in healing liver problems.. some pp also say it aids men vitality (duno how true). So normally i make simple soups like pork rib, corn, carrot, red dates and huai shan.
yummy i LOVE huai shan! both the fresh and dried ones... byt my hb doesn't like it >.<

@Starwish & @star.star, can I check with you both, does your spotting come light or quite heavy with egg-white mucus? Sorry for the abrupt question cos I had such spotting also after my HSG but my cycle came regularly so I just want to know if we will spot abnormally after HSG test??

@doodoo, how to take raw huai shan? Do you also brew it into soup?

e200, fresh cycle = fresh start!! Jiayou for this cycle ok?

Came across this fantastic Article for Mummies TTC!

Part 1

Take Evening Primrose Oil (High Strength) from first day of period for 14 days, then stop at ovulation and DON’T take for another 14 days or until your period comes again. EPO can cause your period to start, that is why you only take it up until ovulation, not after. It’s a stop and start supplement not to be taken permanently. If pregnant, don’t take. But keep using this procedure until you do become pregnant!

If you are trying to conceive naturally, you may wish to try cough medicine - sounds daft, but he theory is right:

Robitussin and it’s Effect on Cervical Mucus
Robitussin works on the cervical mucus and increases your chances of getting pregnant. The sperm can swim up to meet the egg much more easily when your mucus is slippery!

Robitussin is a popular brand of cough syrup and it might be surprising to consider its relation with fertility. But the fact is that this expectorant is used to loosen and thin mucus of a different kind too, called cervical mucus, in women. Robitussin is only a specific brand and any expectorant that contains guaifenesin as the only active ingredient can be used in its place. Generic versions are most likely available as well. Be sure to carefully inspect the ingredients list to make sure the ONLY active ingredient as guaifenesin. Any other ingredients can diminish the effect you are looking for.

What is the recommended dose of Robitussin (or other cough medicine that only contains guaifenesin as the active ingredient?
The recommended dose for improving cervical mucus is two teaspoons (200 mg) taken orally three times per day. Recommended dosage is two teaspoons (200 mg) taken orally three times per day. If mucus still appears thick, you can take as the maximum dosage as listed on the label of the cough medicine. Water intake should be increased to encourage cervical mucus production and a full glass should take with each dose of guaifenesin.

If you're taking Clomid (clomiphene citrate, Serophene) as an ovulation inductor, it may help to know that it can cause hostile mucus in 30 percent or more of women using it. Higher doses of Clomid tend to be more associated with less cervical fluid and a thinner uterine lining, than the 50 mg dose and Robitussin can help to reverse this.

What cycle days should I take Robitussin (cough medicine that only contains guaifenesin as the active ingredient)?
Most doctors suggest taking Robitussin five days before and including the day of ovulation for a total of 6 days during your cycle.This helps provide the optimal environment to help the sperm survive and get to where they need to go.If you take Clomid, waiting until the day after the last Clomid pill is taken before starting Robitussin is suggested.

Water:
6 glasses of water minimum along with all the other drinks! Really, yes - really!

The first mistake that couples make is assuming that a woman can get pregnant anytime. In reality, the conception window is very narrow - only about 5 days in any given menstrual cycle. Sperm, as a general rule, is said to be able to live up to five days in the vaginal canal, though three days is a more realistic timeframe. The female portion, the ovum (or egg) only lives 24-48 hours. With these numbers, a woman is most fertile in the three days leading up to ovulation, the day of ovulation, and the day after ovulation.

The question that poses is obvious: When does a woman ovulate? If you'd like to subscribe to the old school, they'll tell you that every woman ovulates on day fourteen of her menstrual cycle. They're wrong, too. Every woman is different, so why should every menstrual cycle be the same? Some say that the best way to counter that is to just count back fourteen days from the day their next period is expected. Does this have to be so confusing? Not at all. If you'd like to have a good basic idea of when you ovulate, you should get a calendar. On that calendar, mark the date of your next expected period. Next, count backward from that date seventeen days. That will give you the date roughly three days before ovulation. Start having intercourse on that date and continue every other day until twelve days before your expected period. That should give you a reasonable chance at conceiving, but if you want a huge head start on the process, read on.

Part 2

Cervical mucus is also a good indicator of ovulation. Right after menstruation, there will be little or no cervical mucus. As you approach ovulation, cervical mucus will get thick and extremely moist. During ovulation, you will usually observe what is referred to as "egg white cervical mucus." This is the most sperm-friendly mucus that a woman can have and it greatly increases the survival of sperm thereby increasing chances of pregnancy. In the case that egg white cervical mucus is never observed, there are products available to increase quality mucus production or even substitute for it. Evening primrose oil is an excellent product for increasing cervical mucus quality.

Also, per day take
• Folic Acid, at least 400 mg, but you can take up to 5000 mg (only this must be prescribed by a GP). I took 2 Folic Acid x 400mg per day in addition to the following, some of which already contain extra folic acid, as it is a perfectly safe supplement. New studies suggest folate can increase pregnancy rates, prevent miscarriage and can help sperm to have the correct balance of chromosomes. Avoid drinking tea and other drinks that contain tannic acid (tannin) whilst also taking aspirin. These may be drinks like your decaf green tea, or normal decaf tea - tannin is still in these drinks. A clue to what drinks contain tannin is if you take a sip and your tongue feels 'fluffy' - the fluffier, the more tannin in your drink.
• Coenzyme Q10 2 x 35 mg – promotes blood flow to the ovaries, creates great quality eggs (especially age-related egg-decline), helps prevent miscarriage (so take throughout pregnancy). Be careful when purchasing your Q10: some versions contain other supplements/added ingredients to make it work better, which you may not necessarily want. So check the small print. For e.g.: Tesco Q10 contains Vitamin E, which is fine before pregnancy, but some studies have shown Vit E can/may cause birth defects at high doses. Not sure if there is enough evidence, but you want to make sure you are taking supplements that are right for you. Q10 can also protect sperm from cell damage.
• 1 x 200 mg Selenium – helps promote implantation/helps embryos to stick! Prevents miscarriage (so take straight away and throughout pregnancy).
• 1 x 500 to 1000 mg Vitamin C – helps improve pregnancy rates. Helps prevent miscarriage (so take straight away and throughout pregnancy).(Don’t take more than 1000mg per day, which is the best amount - more can cause stomach upset, etc). Vit C can also protect sperm from cell damage.
• 1 x zinc 15 mg – THE most important fertility supplement! Helps EVERYTHING! Helps prevent miscarriage, too (so take straight away and throughout pregnancy). Zinc helps with implantation.
• 1 x iron 14 mg – helps with quality of blood. Helps prevent miscarriage (so take straight away and throughout pregnancy).
• 1 x vit B complex – balances out your hormones and encourages pregnancy (so take straight away and throughout pregnancy).
• 1 x vit B6 10 mg – helps produce progesterone – the pregnancy hormone (so take straight away and throughout pregnancy). Some people get pregnant, but do not produce enough progesterone, so the pregnancy does not continue. So this could be a vital supplement for some ladies. I believe it helped my Gestone (progesterone injections) work better in my body, by helping my body to 'put' the Gestone where it was needed! B6 also strengthens the immune system.

Multi vitamins:
These can be great, but can contain Vitamin A which is a no no. You may be wondering why you should take all these things separately and not just settle for a multi vit? The answer is simple; a multi vit could not contain all of these things in the quantity you need. It is a bit of a bind and time-consuming sourcing all these separate supplements, but the extra time invested is worth it for the desired result. Imagine, a lot of people out there take a multi-vit anyway and they are not trying to get pregnant like you. Multi vits have the basic RDA as recommended for people NOT trying to conceive. People with fertility issues need to have a 'boost' more than a multi-vit can provide in MHO.

• You must be taking Pregnacare Conception (Pregnacare Plus is for pregnant ladies and also has slightly different ingredients, so take the 'Conception' variety, which has proven effect on conception rates)? You can take the Pregnacare Plus when you get pregnant!

• Royal Jelly – 3 x 500 mg per day. Helps produce fantastic eggs! Really great for both your fertility. Can increase sperm count!

• Bee Propolis – 1 x 500mg per day – acts like a natural antibiotic, gets rid of minute harmless (to us) germs, that may be harmful to a tiny embryo. Evidence suggests in IVF trials at has helped to increase pregnancy rates from 20% to 60%. The pollens also improved the ability of the eggs to withstand the incubation period. Bee Propolis can be beneficial to women with endometriosis.

All of the above are in addition to your Pregnacare Conception which contains a very small amount of L-arginine - It is perfectly safe to take Pregnacare CONCEPTION alongside (up to) 5000 MG folic acid - you can also get L-arginine from Holland & Barrett.

• L-Arginine - I took 500mg per day. L-Arginine helps the embryo(s) implant! Can help with sperm motility and sperm count!

• Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) – from H&B, another great supplement for cell division – helps the embryos divide/continue to make cells. Good for egg quality. It enhances the effect of vitamin C.

• Decaf Green tea x 4 cups per day - FULL of antioxidants, so makes the blood in the uterus as fresh as a daisy, gets rid of any bad toxins - take folic acid separately to any tea as tannin interferes with absorption.

• a handful of Brazil nuts every day after ovulation and/or embryo transfer – helps the embryos implant (Brazil nuts contain natural selenium)

• plenty of water – needed to flush out your system and help with blood flow and flush out ovaries of toxins.

• eat at regular intervals – so your body ‘feels’ a routine.

I feel the same way as u. cycles keep getting longer ever since I start ttc. crampy feeling a few days before AF too..sigh.

maybe coz stress..?

AF visited me yesterday......... arghhh start all over again...

af visited me yestd too.. with very painful cramps.. and I'm surprised it was so bad as I guai guai did not take cold drinks..

Btw, any ladies here going thru SO-IUI..? I called up KKH & they count today as CD1 instead of yestd.. Asked me to go down on Wed CD3 for clomid - I tot that's late coz my past 4 cycles of clomid was taken CD2-6.. Sighz..

Part 3

If you are not using fertility treatment - Buy an ovulation kit to help you know when you are ovulating. As soon as you ovulate, you can stop taking the EPO and start eating the Brazil nuts!

- No caffeine
- No alcohol
- No smoking
Each of the above 3 things reduce your chances by between 10% and 90%, fact.

If you have heavy or 'clotty' periods, or blood clotting issues (get this checked out by your GP) ask your fertility advisor about the following:

• If you are not allergic to aspirin, ask your GP if it’s ok to take 75mg per day (no more because the stronger it is the less the effect! 75mg as been proven to be just right). It stops minute blood clots from forming in the uterus and staves off killer cells (which can kill the embryo) - Be careful if taking aspirin with EPO and fish oils and Q10 as they all have an effect on blood! Divide doses throughout the day and take your aspirin totally separately to your folic acid because aspirin interferes with folic acid absorption, for example, I take my aspirin just before I got to bed. You can take low does aspirin up until you are 36 weeks pregnant. You have to stop then, as you may go into labour at any time, so you need to have your blood able to clot! Low dose aspirin is available on the shelf in ASDA, Tescos, etc. Avoid drinking tea and other drinks that contain tannic acid (tannin) whilst also taking aspirin. These may be drinks like your decaf green tea, or normal decaf tea - tannin is still in these drinks. A clue to what drinks contain tannin is if you take a sip and your tongue feels 'fluffy' - the fluffier, the more tannin in your drink.

• Fish oils – High strength fish oils help the ‘quality’ of the blood in the uterus which encourages the embryos to wanna grow there. Make sure the fish oils are from the ‘fish body’ and not the fish's liver, as the liver type may contain mercury. So NO Cod Liver Oil! There are plenty of fish oils that are made from the body only – check the ingredients.

Your other half can take all of these except maybe for the B-Complex and B6, which are more for women in any case. Zinc, Royal Jelly, Bee Propolis, Folic Acid, Q10 and Arginine are the most important male protocol though – as I know what it’s like getting men to take anything! You could start him off on a few of these and then maybe encourage him to take some of the others I have mentioned. Vitamin E is also good for his sperm. As it is an antioxidant, both of you could take vitamin E up until your pregnancy test, not after.

There may be absolutely NOTHING wrong with your partner, there was nothing 'wrong' with mine, but he felt he should 'boost' his sperm quality, which was already good, so that the resulting 'embryo' has really good set of chromosomes and all the right ingredients to make a baby - it still does take two.

There are a lot of supplements here! I took a batch in the morning with my breakfast and another batch with my lunch to divide it up, as it is a lot to swallow, literally! Once you're pregnant, you can revise what you need to take. HONEST, I DID TAKE THEM ALL.

No Artificial Sweetener -- Although there has been a great deal of debate, studies have found that artificial sweeteners, like aspartame, may be linked to cancer and decreased fertility. Aspartame has been linked with miscarriage. So avoid, or be very wary of Sugar free, diet, 'no sugar' foods and drinks.

Avoid Vitamin A in supplements and foods that are high in vitamin A, such as liver, but Beta Carotene is a pigment in plants that is converted into vitamin A in the body naturally. The corpus luteum is very high in beta carotene, so it may be cardinal in the regulation of the reproductive cycle hormones. The Corpus Luteum is the yellow-pigmented glandular structure that forms from the ovarian follicle following ovulation. The gland produces progesterone through the second half of the menstrual cycle and into early pregnancy, which prepares and supports the uterine lining for implantation. Progesterone also causes the half-degree or more basal temperature elevation noted after ovulation. If the corpus luteum functions poorly, the uterine lining may not support a pregnancy. If the egg is fertilized, a corpus luteum of pregnancy forms to maintain the endometrial bed and support the implanted embryo. A deficiency in the amount of progesterone produced (or the length of time it is produced) by the corpus luteum can mean the endometrium is unable to sustain a pregnancy. This is called Luteal Phase Defect (LPD). It may be beneficial for some ladies to take Beta Carotene because of this.

These two may be found in your main fertility supplement in any case, but they are worth a mention:
Manganese
Deficiency may lead to defective ovulation, and inhibit the synthesis of sex hormones. Manganese competes with iron for absorption. It is advisable to take manganese supplements with protein foods and vitamin
C.
Magnesium
We need B1 and magnesium for energy production. Take with selenium, calcium, vitamin B6, and D to aid in absorption. Take with protein foods. Alcohol, tea, coffee, and smoking inhibit absorption.
Sources: kelp, green leafy veggies, tofu, legumes, rye, buckwheat, millet, molasses, brown rice, bananas, dried figs, dried apricots, nuts, barley, seafood, and whole grains.

Good luck and I hope that some of these things will help you and your partners.

I just read bible of ttc. Haaa. A lot of insights indeed yoshi. Thanks.

Most important is relaxation in ttc. Sometimes less is more.

maybe coz stress..?

af visited me yestd too.. with very painful cramps.. and I'm surprised it was so bad as I guai guai did not take cold drinks..

Btw, any ladies here going thru SO-IUI..? I called up KKH & they count today as CD1 instead of yestd.. Asked me to go down on Wed CD3 for clomid - I tot that's late coz my past 4 cycles of clomid was taken CD2-6.. Sighz..
If your menses come after 12pm, then the next day is CD1... Clomid can be taken after CD2, even at CD5 for different effectiveness.. Good luck to you!

@Starwish & @star.star, can I check with you both, does your spotting come light or quite heavy with egg-white mucus? Sorry for the abrupt question cos I had such spotting also after my HSG but my cycle came regularly so I just want to know if we will spot abnormally after HSG test??

@bubbleblue1 sorry if TMI.. my 1st day of spotting on & off on wipes are light pink mucus.. 2nd day brown discharge on wipes.. 3rd day red steaks on clear mucus..

maybe coz stress..?

For KKH if say your af comes in the afternoon, that day is CD0. If morning, then that's CD1. This is the same for my ivf.

The professionals know what they are doing. Don't worry. Go with the flow :)

If your menses come after 12pm, then the next day is CD1... Clomid can be taken after CD2, even at CD5 for different effectiveness.. Good luck to you!

For KKH if say your af comes in the afternoon, that day is CD0. If morning, then that's CD1. This is the same for my ivf.

@booy @redvel appreciate ur replies, boost up my confidence abit.. I was feeling like a wrong start.. the 1 & only cycle I took bbt while on clomid seemed to show I O on CD16 or 17.. so I was alrdy thinking I wuld end up O even later & what abt the Luteal Phase which needs 12-14days.. so vexed but yet excited to see my egg.. silly as it sounds.. I'd read that some takes clomid cd3-7 or cd5-9..

@yoshi_trying thanks for sharing the informative long article! :)

yar i only soup... haven't tried it any other way... usually pple cook with bones/meat... but if you want lighter and no oil, just add red dates and wolfberries will be more on the bland / sweet type...

thanks @yoshi_trying for the info!!! din know selenium also meant for throughput pregnancy.... do note that many of these need to be taken in moderation too... got side effects de.. so dun kiasu and overdose!!

Maybe jus drink the soup? Dun let him see the huai shan. Lol
LOL yar tt's what he does. he's ok with the soup and the taste... he just doesn't see a point in eating the huai shan itself... says the essence should all be in the soup already... lol

Ooo I didnt know that. I thought when AF arrives means CD1.... Yikes means I might be 27 days cycle!!!!!!

think I will continue to take RJ but only 1 capsule as can't see the harmful effects. Think when BFP then have to stop

pondering if want to buy Brazil nuts... to help implantation

• a handful of Brazil nuts every day after ovulation and/or embryo transfer – helps the embryos implant (Brazil nuts contain natural selenium)

think I will continue to take RJ but only 1 capsule as can't see the harmful effects. Think when BFP then have to stop

pondering if want to buy Brazil nuts... to help implantation

not a handful... just 1-2 a day will do... there are some side effects to selenium and other stuff found in brazil nuts...

• Our body requires very little selenium. The Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences advises a maximum limit of 45 mcg of selenium for kids and 400 mcg for adults daily. An overdose of selenium can be toxic and can cause brittle and white nails, hair fall, fatigue, rash, irritability and stomach upset.

• Brazil nuts have been found to consist high amounts of aflatoxins, which are carcinogenic, hence European Union has placed strict restrictions on import of Brazil nuts.

• Small amounts of radioactive radium is also found in Brazil nuts because of its vast root system. It is a thousand times more than that is found in other foods but is not believed to be absorbed into the body.

i told my hubby forget it la since with alrdy got a princess.. just let it nature..

Congrats gamma, read that u having princess most likely. My advise is to wait till double n triple cfm at detail scan before start chiong pinky stuffs...
Usually when gynae scan boy it's quite accurate But for gal it's best to wait till wk20.
My gf's gynae say gal then she bot few pinky items n last week detail scan saw a birdie she damn Sian liao.. ( sorry I m not trying pour u cold water)

Haha no worries dolly ! I sensed the doubt in my dr's tone and his language i.e. " i am guessing"so I am not rushing to get pinkie clothes yet.I got white and gray suits just now fr gap cos my voucher expires this week and I am not entirely sure yet hahaha

heh I got these during lunch. look safe enuff to be worn by both boys and girls loll

Attachments

• 1408967617614.jpg
    1408967617614.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 183

I have light spottings after HSG, for few days. After that, 6 days before my actual af day, I got clots discharge, dark red and dark brown clots, for all 6 days, no actual flow, just clots. AF came today 25 aug. I'm wondering what was those clots and where did they come from...:( weird after HSG...

Other ladies who had done HSG, anything to share please. Thank you.

Hi i was like having light flow af for almost a week after hsg. I was so worried so went to o&g 48hrs after hsg and i was told it's normal to be bleeding like that for a week. I mean I was told it could be just 2 days, before I went for the procedure. But when it past more than 2 days I got paranoid.

My bleed came with some funny looking light colored clots. But i think that's good as it may mean all the whatever stuff lying around in our tubes are being flushed out.

Can't remember much but I believe my af cycle came as usual.

Tks gamma.. I know the wait at polyclinics can be very long but they give results on the same day right? Any idea how early into the cycle can the blood test be done?

Hi Ladies, Would like to know any of you are preg alrd yet still seeing TSB for An Tai Yao?
Still tinking if i shld continue seeing her...
Have u been seeing tsb before preggie? If Yes it's fine to continue w her on an tai yao as she has records of ur body condition... I have been seeing her before I start ivf till now. 2 more visits she said I graduate n prepare for delivery..

Have u been seeing tsb before preggie? If Yes it's fine to continue w her on an tai yao as she has records of ur body condition... I have been seeing her before I start ivf till now. 2 more visits she said I graduate n prepare for delivery..

Hi Dolly, Yes.been seeing her before preggie. But cos now tastebud change, the med taste is very eeww..which means if we take her An Tai Yao have to take to deliver.?

Tks gamma.. I know the wait at polyclinics can be very long but they give results on the same day right? Any idea how early into the cycle can the blood test be done?
From what I remember hearing from my husband, yes it is on the same day. However do note that the polyclinic BT may be less sensitive than some of the HPT we get outside cos at the polyclinic, the sensitivity is 25 mIU/ml hCG whereas I think for some early predictor tests u can get outside on your own, it is probably 18 or 20.

Hi Dolly, Yes.been seeing her before preggie. But cos now tastebud change, the med taste is very eeww..which means if we take her An Tai Yao have to take to deliver.?
It's really up to you if you want to continue with taking TCM ..My 2 cents worth. If the medicine tastes gross now, then probably don't take it cos it's pointless if you end up puking it out.... I know what u mean by tastebuds change... cos some food tastes rly bad to me now and when i eat it my stomach starts churning :(

When u see her, u can feedback to her abt the taste. I dun find it awful to drink Anyway. It's up to u, every visit she will still ask u all standard question to see wat to give. The only time I stop was when I m in hospital n on progesterone jab, she said stop for time being.

Back