IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

@cumi_kurita hi cumi_kurita..congrats on ur pregnancy! can i chk how did u buy ur lumiglow? TIA for sharing!

I got a Malaysian colleague to transfer the amt for me and then it got posted to her Malaysian address. A bit leceh but my colleague was willing to help out.

Maybe if you have relatives or friends with JB hses, you can ask them for a favour?

Salam everyone! Selamat Berpuasa!

Luck wasn't on our side for our recent iui last month so gonna try again in August after Raya.

Skipped this month cos want to concentrate on Ramadan. I'm gonna give it another try before we decide if we shld just do Ivf like the first time, if yes most probably will start Ivf in December after I come back from my holidays. Hub actually don't want me to go through Ivf again but I told him i rather do it than spend money on more iui. Haven't tell my gynae our plans yet but will let him know this coming cycle.

Hope all of you are doing fine! :)

I got a Malaysian colleague to transfer the amt for me and then it got posted to her Malaysian address. A bit leceh but my colleague was willing to help out.

Maybe if you have relatives or friends with JB hses, you can ask them for a favour?
i see... isee.. thanks for sharing! :)

To all sistas here..

Assalamualaikum.. Hope all of u r dg well... Wanna wish Selamat Hari Raya Aidilifitri.. Mohon Maaf Zahir dan Batin...

Take care dearies..;-)

Salam semua,

Wishing everyone Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! Maaf zahir & batin..

How's everyone getting on? This thread has been quite quiet lately. Hope u ladies are doing great & may all our wishes will be fulfilled soon!

Thanks Sis Bubbli for the raya wishes! hope u doing great wif ur family too!

Salaam darlings. Esp bubbli and Syrian.

Salam Aidilfitri to all the amazing ladies here.

I am 18 weeks now. But been struggling a lot. Cough fever flu combo in for e 3rd week. Haven felt baby movements yet. Maybe I hv. Maybe it's gas. hmmm.

Anyways I hope all.of u are well and hv the joyous celebrations :)

Hello ladies...My af this mth so delayed..already cd47 today.i tested 2 weeks ago was negative..this week saw dr su she felt my pulse n ask me menses nt come..dunno how come this mth my menses haywire..

Hello ladies...My af this mth so delayed..already cd47 today.i tested 2 weeks ago was negative..this week saw dr su she felt my pulse n ask me menses nt come..dunno how come this mth my menses haywire..

It happened to me too last April. I was 3 weeks late and I thought I was pregnant. The doc at kkh did a scan for anomalies in my insides and then prescribed me pills to stimulate my period and we did ivf right after. Alhamdulillah we are pregnant now.

Maybe it's just our body taking a break? Ask Dr Su to scan you first and then if all is okay, give you the pills.

Dr Su can do scanning? Ive seen her 2xs- she prescribe me same meds.i do nt know wat her next steps will ne, mayb those ladies under her can enlighten me...she told me dun proceed iui first..she told me to consult her first...

Eid Mubarak to All!! Hope everyone are in great spirits this time of the year..

I am currently in 2WW after FET last tuesday. So far ok. No symptoms yet except for twitches in my uterus this morning. I am taking it easy this time. Feeling positive but dont want to be too hopeful as well.

Benn on bedrest as ordered by my hubby, parents and in laws. Not really required as I was told by the nurses. I was active the last time round and it failed so I am trying it different now.. Only moving around a bit just to get my blood moving.

Attaching a pic of my snowbabies.. Embryologist said they are good. I dont know how to tell so I am taking their word for it..

Insyallah they stick this time round. Amin!

ImageUploadedByForum1407434404.753600.jpg

Good luck to all you lady fighters out there!!

As salam ladies,
I'm new to this forum & not sure how dis works.. I've been TTC for 2.5yrs. Had #1 fresh cycle & then #1 fet at KKH, both failed. Got my BFN BT ystdy :( & today my AF finally came. I am unhappy with their service (and my doctor) & so today I've decided to go private with Prof PC Wong at NUH. My 1st appt will be on 11 Sept '14. Anyone had success or bad experience at KKHIVF to share? How about Prof PC Wong? I read a lot of ladies recomended him.
Qis

wedelia..can I ask u abt iui..
I was with Dr Suzanna then she trnsf me to Dr Jessica for IUI treatment. I was on 2nd round of clomid increase dosage 150mg.still negative n period hasn't come at all for 2 months.Wat is the next treatment?

As salam ladies,
I'm new to this forum & not sure how dis works.. I've been TTC for 2.5yrs. Had #1 fresh cycle & then #1 fet at KKH, both failed. Got my BFN BT ystdy :( & today my AF finally came. I am unhappy with their service (and my doctor) & so today I've decided to go private with Prof PC Wong at NUH. My 1st appt will be on 11 Sept '14. Anyone had success or bad experience at KKHIVF to share? How about Prof PC Wong? I read a lot of ladies recomended him.
Qis

Hi Qis, warm welcome! Sorry to hear of your 2 failed cycles.. I know how you feel and yeah, its not easy what we are all going through. Hang in there!

I have a friend who did her ivfs at KK. Her 2nd one was a success with twins but that was about 4 years ago with a doc who has already left. She is currently attempting her 3rd there.

I am with Prof PC Wong as a private. I have had 1 failed back in 2011. 2nd fresh stopped halfway last May due to OHSS and currently in my 2WW after FET last Tues. I would say Prof is an experienced person and I feel comfortable being under him particularly my case being challenging. He is a man of a few words though. He goes straight to the point. He will explain when you asks questions but if not, he will just tell you what you need to know. He has a lot of patients so sometimes, its a touch and go. It was a bit hard to take at first as I am someone who likes to ask quite a lot but I got used to it. Some of the questions can be answered by the nurses (CHR). They are friendly and approachble. I find the system at NUH organized but they are always busy so waiting time can take longer.

I had only been to NUH so can't compare. Hope this helps!

Hi Qis, warm welcome! Sorry to hear of your 2 failed cycles.. I know how you feel and yeah, its not easy what we are all going through. Hang in there!

I have a friend who did her ivfs at KK. Her 2nd one was a success with twins but that was about 4 years ago with a doc who has already left. She is currently attempting her 3rd there.

I am with Prof PC Wong as a private. I have had 1 failed back in 2011. 2nd fresh stopped halfway last May due to OHSS and currently in my 2WW after FET last Tues. I would say Prof is an experienced person and I feel comfortable being under him particularly my case being challenging. He is a man of a few words though. He goes straight to the point. He will explain when you asks questions but if not, he will just tell you what you need to know. He has a lot of patients so sometimes, its a touch and go. It was a bit hard to take at first as I am someone who likes to ask quite a lot but I got used to it. Some of the questions can be answered by the nurses (CHR). They are friendly and approachble. I find the system at NUH organized but they are always busy so waiting time can take longer.

I had only been to NUH so can't compare. Hope this helps!
Both me & my cousin are under Dr Matthew Lau, and she is lucky with Twins boy & girl in her 1st try, but our medical issues r different, being mine more challenging. I badly want my #2nd fresh cycle to work, coz the amount of injections needed r just plain traumatising.

I saw some commented that nuh gave plenty hours of rest for embryo retrieval and embryo transfer. Is is true??? I was quite shock when I read dat bcoz at kkh the nurse asked me to get up n go home right after I woke up and right after transfer.. I always thot dats strange.

Any ladies in their 2ww?? I read in other forums and threads dat some ladies ate a bit of durian, some Brazil nuts, dates, drink goat milk, wear socks to warm the feet, and even go for acupuncture at least once before egg retrieval and once after embryo transfer. I didn't eat and do all these during my previous cycles..

I told my hubby I will do all these for my next cycle, coz I badly want it to work this 1 last try.

Both me & my cousin are under Dr Matthew Lau, and she is lucky with Twins boy & girl in her 1st try, but our medical issues r different, being mine more challenging. I badly want my #2nd fresh cycle to work, coz the amount of injections needed r just plain traumatising.

I saw some commented that nuh gave plenty hours of rest for embryo retrieval and embryo transfer. Is is true??? I was quite shock when I read dat bcoz at kkh the nurse asked me to get up n go home right after I woke up and right after transfer.. I always thot dats strange.

Yes. That is true. For retrieval, you will be warded in day surgery ward for almost the whole day. For transfer,
Its only half a day.

I didnt know about KKH. Thought its the same for all..

Qis, I had 3 rounds of ivf before. First was fresh aft tt two thawed.

I did all tt. Ate 3 biji durian twice a week, had 5 Brazil nuts everyday to munch in between meals, wore sock, lay in bed all day, only got up to pray, bathroom or go tcm. Took tcm concoction, the tcm dr said I don't need acupuncture. A blessing cz I'm afraid of needles.

And still all 3 cycles I failed. Der is just so much one can do. I see all this as efforts, e rest is up to Him ultimately.

Hv a gd rest :)

Qis, I had 3 rounds of ivf before. First was fresh aft tt two thawed.

I did all tt. Ate 3 biji durian twice a week, had 5 Brazil nuts everyday to munch in between meals, wore sock, lay in bed all day, only got up to pray, bathroom or go tcm. Took tcm concoction, the tcm dr said I don't need acupuncture. A blessing cz I'm afraid of needles.

And still all 3 cycles I failed. Der is just so much one can do. I see all this as efforts, e rest is up to Him ultimately.

Hv a gd rest :)
Missyz, I'm sorry..
Have u give a thot abt wat r u going to do after dat?

Also, may I know where did u bought the Brazil nuts?

LadyHawkEye: ive nt done iui but after lapo i gave myself some time to try naturally b4 proceeding
My last menses was june17..1x v v late.Dr Su told me my circulation is nt gd...she felt my pulse n joking told her nt preg right..she smiled n said yeah wait 4 menses..i think she wants to understand flow, clots etc..

Qis. I bought mine at cold storage under e organic section. abt $5 per pack of a few grams. Takda rasa nuts tu. Makan je. Hehe

Oh Alhamdulillah ladies. I actually conceived naturally. Kuasa Allah. I'm 19 weeks now. Edd: 1st Jan 2015.

My 4th fresh ivf was supposed to be this Aug. He had better plans.

All the best to all of u here. Nvr give up. :)

Qis. I bought mine at cold storage under e organic section. abt $5 per pack of a few grams. Takda rasa nuts tu. Makan je. Hehe

Oh Alhamdulillah ladies. I actually conceived naturally. Kuasa Allah. I'm 19 weeks now. Edd: 1st Jan 2015.

Missyz, congrats!!!!!!!! Syukur alhamdulillah, rezki Allah!!!
Take good care & safe 9 months!!

Tankiu for the info, gonna get some brazil nuts bebeh!

Yes. That is true. For retrieval, you will be warded in day surgery ward for almost the whole day. For transfer,
Its only half a day.

I didnt know about KKH. Thought its the same for all..
Well apparently not. How come so different protocol sey... I remember after my egg retrieval & embryo transfer, I was in a bit of pain & discomfort when I need to walk immediately. I jalan terkengkang2 :(..

I am in a way glad to change hospital to NUH, mudah mudahan rezki I kali nie..;)

Well apparently not. How come so different protocol sey... I remember after my egg retrieval & embryo transfer, I was in a bit of pain & discomfort when I need to walk immediately. I jalan terkengkang2 :(..

I am in a way glad to change hospital to NUH, mudah mudahan rezki I kali nie..;)

They shouldn't have made you move after, esp after retrieval.

Insyallah.. 1 huge thing out of all of these is the waiting.. Can go crazy but good things take its course.. We just need to be patient and have faith in HIM. All the best for you! Holler if you have other questions.. Will try to answer the best I could.. :)

Salam Ladies,

First of all, Selamat Hari Raya!
I'm very new here and here's a tad detail of my TTC Journey.

2009 : Married
2011 : Ectopic Pregnancy (Given Methotrexate)
2012 : Ectopic Pregnancy (Given Methotrexate)
2013 : Ectopic Pregnancy (Right Tube Removed)
2014 : Failed Fresh IVF In Jan
2014 : Failed FET In March

Next scheduled Uterus Scraping & 2nd round of Fresh IVF will be in Sept 2014.

Maybe you success IVF sisters can share some tips with me?

Acupunture? (Where)
Pre-natal Supplements?
Diet?
What to do and what not to do?

Thanks in advance :)

I'm doing fresh ivf in sep too but on the advise of doc, I will freeze whatever embryo that we get and go for frozen transfer. He said that due to my age, I need to rest more after the egg collection.
Right now, I'm taking dhea, coq10 and conceive well.

Hi Chuckles,

Which brand you go for, for the dhea and coq10?
I'm also currently taking blackmore conceive well.

Anyway, sticky baby dust to us!

Marilyn

Any ladies in their 2ww?? I read in other forums and threads dat some ladies ate a bit of durian, some Brazil nuts, dates, drink goat milk, wear socks to warm the feet, and even go for acupuncture at least once before egg retrieval and once after embryo transfer. I didn't eat and do all these during my previous cycles..

I told my hubby I will do all these for my next cycle, coz I badly want it to work this 1 last try.
Salam,

Are you going for acupuncture right now? Any recommendations?
My scheduled 2nd round of Fresh will be in sept. I failed first fresh and first FET.

Marilyn

I just took a handwritten report from the nurse at kkh. Need to give a detailed history of my failed ivf to the doc at parkway east. I can't remember all the details.
My current ivf doc actually does acupuncture. I will ask him who are those who need it the next time I see him.

Salam Ladies,

First of all, Selamat Hari Raya!
I'm very new here and here's a tad detail of my TTC Journey.

2009 : Married
2011 : Ectopic Pregnancy (Given Methotrexate)
2012 : Ectopic Pregnancy (Given Methotrexate)
2013 : Ectopic Pregnancy (Right Tube Removed)
2014 : Failed Fresh IVF In Jan
2014 : Failed FET In March

Next scheduled Uterus Scraping & 2nd round of Fresh IVF will be in Sept 2014.

Maybe you success IVF sisters can share some tips with me?

Acupunture? (Where)
Pre-natal Supplements?
Diet?
What to do and what not to do?

Thanks in advance :)
Hi lil_mermaid,
Welcome to this thread!

I'm currently seeing this TCM, Dr Albert Que from Tang Shan Medical at Marine Parade (Near Parkway Parade Shopping Centre). He's a Singaporean guy trained in China so he can speak English well. So no worries about language barrier between us.

Address: Blk 86 Marine Parade Central #01-670 S(440086). Located opposite NTUC finest, beside Theresa slimming center and Singpost. The clinic name is in Chinese,written on a wooden board.

Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 11am-8pm (1-2pm lunch break), Sun 11am-3pm. Nearest Mrt: Eunos. Closed on 1st Sun of the month. Off day on every Thu.

Hi lil_mermaid,
Welcome to this thread!

I'm currently seeing this TCM, Dr Albert Que from Tang Shan Medical at Marine Parade (Near Parkway Parade Shopping Centre). He's a Singaporean guy trained in China so he can speak English well. So no worries about language barrier between us.

Address: Blk 86 Marine Parade Central #01-670 S(440086). Located opposite NTUC finest, beside Theresa slimming center and Singpost. The clinic name is in Chinese,written on a wooden board.

Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 11am-8pm (1-2pm lunch break), Sun 11am-3pm. Nearest Mrt: Eunos. Closed on 1st Sun of the month. Off day on every Thu.
Oh hello! Thanks for the warm welcome!
Maybe i will try calling them tomorrow. Thanks for sharing :)

Marilyn

Hi,

Forgot to add in the contact no..hehe..you can try calling at +6563485983 but dr que is not ard on thursdays. No appmt required. Juz walk in. But best to call ahead in case he goes out for house visits.

Hi,

Forgot to add in the contact no..hehe..you can try calling at +6563485983 but dr que is not ard on thursdays. No appmt required. Juz walk in. But best to call ahead in case he goes out for house visits.
Yup agree. Better to call before hand.

Btw are you in between cycle right now or something?

Marilyn

Nope im juz hanging ard. Failed 2 fresh alrdy. So am stil contemplating when to start next cycle. U starting urs soon?

Nope im juz hanging ard. Failed 2 fresh alrdy. So am stil contemplating when to start next cycle. U starting urs soon?
Oh... Sorry to hear that. Ive failed first fresh and first fet.
Im going for my endo scraping this sept and going for 2nd fresh cycle this sept too insya allah... Im here trying tk gather as much infos that i might have missed out for my previous cycle and trying to do the extras (acupuncture, immunocal, brazil nuts, etc etc) and really hope for a successful pregnancy...
And i wish for you the same too for whatever decision ur gonna make. :)

Marilyn

Back