(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Not exactly 28wk scan. It's just a routine monthly checkup. Dr. did the usual 2D scan for me and realised baby in good position so try try 3D scan. Cos my package includes this 3D scan foc.

Since your Dr. is at TMC. I think naturally you'll be at TMC ba. Unless he also deliver somewhere else.

I'd gained 3kg+ in a month so Dr. did a check on baby's weight. He said all excess weight goes to me.

My next check will be 3weeks later. Target 1kg from now. Hopefully I'm able to control with my carbo and sugar.

If you ain't feeling well go back to your gynae (since already on package)

Morning Mommies.

If on package, can go back to gynae as & when? mine doesnt work that way leh. I can only go back on stipulated checkup dates. If i want to change dates that is not within hte week, i need to top up. Or if i want a sudden walk in, i need to pay too. Think i got a bad deal. :(

I think mine too... the package did include like how many visits, how many scans.. maybe i exceed, will need to pay..

Oh I'm isn't too sure on that though. During 1st trimester, i was too weak and ill to visit. So i got my hubby to call and tell Dr. my symptoms so he just prescribe n hub go collect medicine.

But verine, when is your next check? If near already then just call n change if got slot.

@verine22 , antacid was given during 1st trimester.

@Baobei2014 , i strongly believe in 'tai jiao' You will affect your baby somehow. Try to stay calm ya.
I had very bad r/s with my 1st hubby when I'm preg with #1. I'm unhappy everyday. I realised my #1 is not happy type and she's petty. Abit abit will cry when she's younger.
With my new hubby and #2, I'm happy and laughing everyday. True enough, this #2 seldom cry, always laughing. Even fall down also nvr cry.

@angel_loi , ya.. I'm going TMC in mid Sept

@leocub , not too sure abt FB cos i don't have acc. I agree that thread quite slow. Or is it there's alot of silent reader here? I'll try to contribute here cos i believe many mummies like me still need info abt pregnancy, parenthood, relationship..etc.. although got experience already.
@agaga, thanks. i'll try very hard to control my temper & emotions. I feel so bad for my baby

Morning Mommies.

If on package, can go back to gynae as & when? mine doesnt work that way leh. I can only go back on stipulated checkup dates. If i want to change dates that is not within hte week, i need to top up. Or if i want a sudden walk in, i need to pay too. Think i got a bad deal. :(
My package includes all "scheduled scans"... meaning it doesn't include emergency walk-ins. But I've never heard that changing dates need to top-up... O_O My gynae doesn't charge extra for that.

anyone can advise me if it's necessary to have a milk & food warmer? or using the traditional way of heating milk in a cup of warm water more practical?

It's ok to use the traditional way. The warmer is just an easy way without the need to keep changing hot water but no matter wat try not to consume the milk or food after 2 hrs you make.

i'm having aching pain at my pelvic bone area, anyone having the same problem? I tried massaging but am afraid I shouldn't massage.

I cant sit too long as it will be painful when I get up. anyone facing the same issue as me?

Hi all, I'm one of the slient reader. Haha.
For the hospital, my gynae went ahead to book for me once I've confirmed with him which hospital I chose. Soon after, I received a sms fr the hospital saying a spot is booked for delivery.

My package includes 14 visits if I'm not wrong..starting from 3rd mth pregnancy onwards. Package including vitamins & calcium. I don't think my gynae will charge extra if I needed..

I use Avent milk bottle warmer which I think quite useful for me. It warms in a very short period time & the heat is just nice for me, not too hot.

@Baobei2014

I don't feel pain on my pelvic bone area but I do feel uncomfortable. Donno how to describe.. Feel like "酸” during pee & take slightly longer time to pee. Anyone have this similar problems?

@agaga
After 5 days, i confirm that it only happens when i slp.. maybe its really heartburn.. my next appt is 27th this mth.. should be able to wait till then ba..

I occasionally will also feel aching at thr pelvic bone area.. ya me same as angel, its like having sore at that area...
I dont take slightly longer to pee.. but after i pee, i always feel bb lower adominal very tight as if bb is laying very low.. haha weird..

@verine22

My heart burn only happens in night time too.. During my #1 pregnancy, my heart burn only at night & turn worst on 8 mths pregnancy onwards. Can't sleep at all that time.. Now I'm start getting worried liao..

Now my LO kick v hard & sometimes do feel pain on my upper belly. Keep turning here & there.. So cute!

My heartburn also happens at night only. Esp aftet dinner.. my chest area n throat has thr burning sensation.. sometimes i will vomit after i brush my teeth... so now dinner i eat lesser, when hungry then eat again, and the heartburn problem eases..

dear mummies, can anyone share with me how the maternity package medisave works?

example: my 2 days stay is SGD1900 follow by doc fee is SGD1000 if no epidural etc, the medisave claim with antenatal is SGD2100, so does it mean I only pay SGD800?

i'm delivering at Parkway East & I understand I have to upfront cash/credit of SGD1900 upon admission, so does it mean the hospital will refund me cash/cheque of the balance?

i'm confused, can anyone advise if you've a better understanding?

@agaga
After 5 days, i confirm that it only happens when i slp.. maybe its really heartburn.. my next appt is 27th this mth.. should be able to wait till then ba..

I occasionally will also feel aching at thr pelvic bone area.. ya me same as angel, its like having sore at that area...
I dont take slightly longer to pee.. but after i pee, i always feel bb lower adominal very tight as if bb is laying very low.. haha weird..

@verine22 ya I also feel my lower abdominal very tight & tummy very hard. my tummy is lower as compared to other ladies I've seem with tummy from bra-line down.

I read if your tummy is higher, you'll faced digestive problem and lower tummy with experience backache more.

if its gastric, then prob i kena about 2 months ago. Mine is sudden pain in between rib area leh...above the tum. i keep puking sour stuff lor until i tot i almost want to die.
Called doc and he suspect is gastric and ask me to go buy medicine over the counter. i popped actal and after that recover.

Verine, must book for hospital for delivery mah..

@agaga, your bb so cooperative. Mine during the detailed scan have to scan twice cos he refused to move. i'm approaching 24 weeks now..think i exploded over the past monht.. wonder how much weight i put on already. When must we start drinking coconut water ah? 32 weeks?

I went for prenatal class and the dietitian says to drink coconut water only in third trimester cos there is a slight possibility of inducing birth. :)

@verine22 , you can just buy antacid from pharmacy, shld be able to relieve ur symptom. Beside that, try to cut down on food intake for a meal, think digestion is part of the cause also. Eat less but more meal. I now eat 2 normal meal (brunch & dinner) and snack in between. I find this pattern helps me.

@lervia , me experience once too, the gastric juice up my throat.. oh gross..
Can't eat too much, especially dinner. My tummy will be very stretched and very very full if eat too much in the evening and sure accompanied by backache also.

@angel_loi , ya now LO kick so hard especially lying down sideway, until i need to change position to accommodate her kick otherwise I'll feel the pain. Had been very active recently, maybe she's growing big enough so i can feel her most of the time.

@Baobei2014 , your calculation is correct and i suppose this is only mummy's charges. There shld be baby's charges too.. e.g Pediatrician fee, room charges, misc..etc

If your deposit is more than your actual bill, hospital will refund u upon your discharge.

Regds to the pelvic pain, i rmb experienced it during the very last mth of preg when tummy very big n heavy and bb sit on my pelvic bone. Also, when not preg, during menses if walk or stand too much, I'd the same pain too. For this i think after birth got to do massage, push the womb upwards. Can't do anything now. For now, i go massage, the masseur only rub my head shoulder legs hands n back.

Last edited:
@leocub , regds to coconut water, i not too sure what's the actual good reason to consume it. I only hearsay if drink, baby will be cleaner (as in won't be sticky sticky) when born. So i drink 2-3 times a week during the last month.

@angel_loi , ya now LO kick so hard especially lying down sideway, until i need to change position to accommodate her kick otherwise I'll feel the pain. Had been very active recently, maybe she's growing big enough so i can feel her most of the time.
Same same! My little b is so violent. Kick until my whole tummy shakes.. and i recorded down. Haha.. can feel her hands n legs when she move n kick.. she is trying v hard to stretch.. must b thinkinh why mummy tummy skin so thick..haha

@angel_loi
@agaga
@Baobei2014

Yea will try to reduce my diet before i slp.. recently i also diarrhea, go see normal GP and he say i m very bloated and with gastric juice cos my chest pain too plus maybe heartburn so make it worse.. he got gave me antacid so i can eat le..

Ya my LO also move alot now.. cant slp well too.. althu tired but feel him cute and happy that he is active.. :)

@angel_loi , actually this time i booked outdoor photoshoot for family not maternity cos I'd taken it during 2012 with another studio so don't want to take again. I feel that if miss then no chance to take anymore, so go for it. Luckily i took it last round cos I'm bigger this time.. haha.. This is taken during week37 gained 14kg (but sorry i cover my face cos too shy..hehe)

Attachments

• 2014-07-10-22-26-06.png
    2014-07-10-22-26-06.png
    475.8 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
@agaga

U look gorgeous leh.. Slim & sexy!! I think it's worth to keep it as memory.. This time round can share some new pic with us? I don't mind u cover your family members face.. Lol!

Haha.. tq..not really slim. Looks slim cos the photographer make me to pose.. you shld go get it done too, don't regret later. Anyway i spent $250 for this session includes makeup.

Sure! But not so fast. Session at end of the month. Photos takes abt 3,4 weeks to edit and ready. So shld be end Aug or early Sept then can release. Wait very long but don't mind cos it's very cheap. Cos i only want a keepsake.

Last edited:
@agaga

I can't imagine if I wear in this way... OMG~ flabby big arms, elephant leg, waist like hippo.. Not so nice lo.. Lol!

By the way, what's the best time for photo shoot? 8 mths onwards? Stomach looks bigger & round..

It really depend on how big your bump is but some advise 30-35wks liddat.. my photographer mentioned that she hasn't take photo of anyone of wk37 onwards so I'm consider very 'late' for the shoot. Me now 28wks also like 30over wks le lor.. me really ballooned alot this time.

You can wear tee shirt (couple wear with hubby) or shirt for the shoot. Just show the tummy oso very sexy. Haha.. becos i found this lady photographer so i dare dare go lor..

I only going for the photoshoot next mth mid.. so not so fast can share the pics.. a lot of pple commented my tummy look small.. hope by the time i go for photoshoot which is my 33weeks.. tummy looks bigger.. haha..
Need to source for ideas for the photos..

@agaga, nice pix! where got fat! your tummy got touch up? how come got no black line down the middle?

Admire all your courage gg for preg shoot.. i m looking like a moonface now. Baby is now at 650g @ Wk 24.

Haha.. tks tks. Nope, these pics are original without editing. My line was very light and thin but after birth will be more obvious and thick and it took 1yr+ to totally disappear. Has your line appear already? My line now is very faint almost un-noticeable.

Last edited:
For the 1st time, i feel LO hiccup today for a good 3-5mins
Always waiting for this moment cos #2 always hiccup, can happen about 5x a day.

It shld feel light and consistent like every other second. And it will last a few mins in the same position.
Whereas kick or move will be all over the tummy or can feel the bone juggling.

Baby hiccups? Sounds cute leh.. But I'm not sure is my LO hiccups. Only know she keep turning here & there.. I can feel she keep twisting. Sometimes will feel slightly pain due to hard kick.

My tummy middle line also not really obvious.. Hope it don't turns darker too.

My mom ordered from her friend. $15 per bottle. Stay at Hougang.
I like this taste, everytime order 15bott. Cos my every meal also include this. Had consume for all confinements. Got tried my friend's left over but don't like.

Back