CHIJ Toa Payoh

spideyspice

Any mummies whose kids are in CHIJ TP or who intend to enrol their child there. Wud like to hear feedback abt this school.

Hi Doremon,
I am an ex-student of CHIJ TP.
Was planning to register my gal there next year ('04 child) but after finding out it will be moving temporaily to Geylang Bahru, I am holding back. The present premise (TP) will be expanding to allow the school to go single-session.

Hi Janet
CHIJ TP has just announced that the move to Geyland Bahru has been delayed so still at TP next year and still doyble session. Anyway planning to register my gal there for P1 next year. Am in phase 2B. What are the chances of getting a place?

Hi naominicole,
Yes, I read about the delay...in fact I called the school this morning to ask more details. There may even be a chance that the school may not be moving to the temporary holding school after all.

Last year, balloting was required for those staying out of 2km at Phase 2B. If you're staying within 1-2km, on top of that a Singaporean (2 balloting votes w.e.f this year), chances are your daughter may stand a better chance. All the best.

Thanks Janet

I am using my MIL address (as care giver). She is staying within 2km. Understand that she will have to make a statutory declaration. Any idea on the process ?

Hi Mummies,
I read from another website that CHIJ TP will be going single session with effect from 2011. That's simply great bcos I've always liked my kids to be in morning session.

Hi Janet

Was told that returning students have been officially informed that next year will be single session. It's good news.

Hi Janet

How's your gal doing in P1? I have been getting complains from my gal's teachers though it has just been slightly more than 2 weeks since she started. Really headache.... teacher has already talked to me about 4 times

Hi Naominicole,
Saw daughter's FT the other day...informed me she is picking up after 2 weeks but I know she is still on the slow side. It can be hard to get her to learn spelling
sad.gif

My gal is complaining that classes are boring and FT complains that she is doing her work too fast and then start to take out her own stuff to do so FT not too happy. FT is also complaining that she is too loud, must learn to tone down, give others a chance to answer questions. Teachers are finding it difficult to get my gal's attention (as what they are teaching she already knows). Considering whether to let her skip P1.

Hi naominicole,
Your gal is too prepared for P1...her FT must give her something more challenging to do while teaching the rest of the class.

Back