2016/07 July babies

Haha! @Sa_rahhhh ! I have diabetes so had to walk after every meal and it was painful for me to walk, so hubby preferred i walk where there's ppl in case something happened XD

I bought a few new pieces of clothing for bubbles even tho we received enough clothing to last her till 7 XD girls are so difficult to shop for, too many temptations! Most of her toys are currently made by me, except for a Sophie the giraffe set her dad got, and a bear my cousin gave her. I know babies and toddlers are like cats, they would rather play with the box the toys came in haha!

As for bag, the jujube range is so tempting, but heavy :( bad back wouldn't allow for slings too. So I got a skiphop backpack since it was the lightest I've come across with that many pocketssssss!!!

Found some.posters at popular tucked away round a corner. But didn't buy since I'll be getting them online.

On bags, I don't use a bag or backpack. Just use my usual small sling or tote bags as I find it easier to carry since I usually bring bb out in carrier or sling. Don't need to struggle to get things from bag, just unzip n grab (OK, this sounds so wrong, but u know what I mean la :p).
I haven't quite figured out how to get things from backpack since it'll b behind, quite challenging to release one side, unzip, search etc. Anyone does the same?

@tuna No I don't get what you mean. What you meant leh? Lol

I think you raise a good point. Backpack hard to grab things on the go. I also baby wear and it might be easier to just grab a napkin or something if it's a tote? I have to think about this....

@emk Although me not fully bf, I continue all those pills you mentioned.

Redvel where u buy the pill ?
I bought more to stock up from my last post natal gynae visit. Not sure he wanna make more money la... He seems to discourage buying from GNC etc. But once finished, I think I will also buy from GNC since cheaper.

@redvel I'm still on the leftovers from my gynae too. Wonder if I should continue to get from him or from GNC? You mention it's cheaper to buy from GNC, is it a big difference? :)

@tuna wish I could use slings/totes :( I've been carrying backpacks for over a decade now, so very used to it, and with the skiphop I can even reach around with one hand to grab my keys from the front pocket since there's a tiny pocket within it. Another minus is the back does get rather sweaty, and I hate when the strap slips off, which happens frequently since I use wraps.

On diaper bags
I am using a large bag which I got from Qoo previously at $9.90. I just arrange all stuff within a bag organizer and I am good to go. It can be carried 3 ways - 1. double handle (like pic), 2. single long handle by extending one of the handles all the way (I do that when I am on the go but still need to search for items while hanging the other strap over shoulder) or handbag by shortening the handle with a knot so as to slip it through your wrist.

Just to give you a feel of the space within - It is huge enough to accommodate extra diapers, diaper creamclothes, wet tissue, breast pump, portable food warmer, multiple bottles, cooler bag with breast milk, nursing cover. You can throw all these in and the bag still look fabulous on the exterior but heavy like Siao. Very versatile piece made of suede material which will still make u very fashionable. Omg I am Jin Ai Swee.

image.jpeg

For short trips, I will just lift up the bag organizer with essentials (diapers, diaper cream, extra clothes, wet tissue, maybe one bottle of expressed breast milk) And place it into the smaller bag that I want to use. I also got a cheap bag organizer from Qoo under $5. Haha! Qoo shopping queen.

On multi-vitamins

I have been taking all the leftovers from pregnancy (I.e Obimin, Sagobion iron tablets, caltrate calcium tablet). Checked with Gynae previously during the post-natal check up. She said all those prescribed drugs are safe for breastfeeding mum. Don't waste. I may continue to buy calcium supplements as I am fully breastfeeding. scared that my little one suck finish my calcium reserves And I kena osteroperosis when I am older.

On walking and exercise
I do an average of 5000-7000 steps a day during pregnancy and even until the day before I delivered! I thought it will help in my labour process but I didn't get any contractions until week 40. And my labour was a good 12 hours lor!

I pretty much got back to my pre-pregnancy shape by sweating out doing household chores. Some of which are pretty much strenuous - like wash curtains, bedsheets and steam the carpeted floor in the room. You just have endless tasks to complete. Everyday is just a battle against time.

The above rigorous exercise Plus breastfeeding makes me swallow two bowls of rice each meal. I can just eat in buffet style without worrying about that extra calorie gain. gives me motivation to breastfeed for as long as I can! Haha

KWL wow u still got energy to wash curtain,salute you la..I agreed with you doing house chore can burn out fats quickly, I used to mop and vacuum floor, wash clothes but now I don't want to do already la .. Too tiring and my baby always stay to 11pm plus then sleep. Need to keep up my energy level to entertain him from 5pm to 11pm.

@redvel - lol! My post sounded r-rated when I read through.

@snowfern - don't wish. Take action n start shopping for a new tote/ sling :D, a small one won't be taxing on your bag. Shopping rocks. Me qoo10 shopping queen nowadays. Can share how you make your mobiles for bb by the way? Really like to learn something

@KWL - your mention of the word "buffet"is making me really wish for a good buffet, one that I can sit down for 1.5 hrs and enjoy. And yes, eat with both hands! But I think that's a mere wish, not for another 3 yrs. Nowadays eat also forget to taste the food properly, I marvel at how you can wash curtains. That takes quite a bit of time, with bb around, how do you manage?

I've been taking GNC on n off way before pregnant. During bdae month will whack to stock up. As for price difference oh I haven't really done one to one comparison. I also don't know exactly what are the cost breakdown of those supps at gynae. But i feel overall with the money amount can get more items from GNC.

Handwash curtains? Very good leh you KWL. For me I enjoy most is wash toilets. Heh when bb sleeps I usually am cleaning the toilets.

@redvel Agree that the bag provided by gleneagle is super useful. Last week I even brought it to office (went back for some urgent issues) with my water bottle, pump, cooling bag, jacket etc all in one. My colleague was surprised when she saw me carrying such a big bag lol. But it would be nicer if the color was black instead of dark green :(
I stocked up many baby clothes during late pregnancy but now I realized that my boy is just growing too fast to wear them. And also for convenience, we just stick to three or four which are easy to be wear on. So now many clothes he never even touched and have alr grown out from them. And ppl who come to visit all like to bring baby clothes ! But most of the times the clothes they brought is uncomfortable to wear (eg. too thick). Next time I will tell my visitors never bring baby clothes but bring me more chicken Essenes or durian instead :p

@tuna I made a black and white one first, using felt from daiso and this tutorial:

http://www.peekaboopages.com/2012/05/hello-nap-time-crafters-my-name-is.html

Then I did a Google search on baby mobile tutorials, and got inspired to make 2 cloud/raindrop mobiles with bells in the large drops so baby can interact with them:

IMG_20160913_173317.jpg

The other toy my bb likes is the sunshine ribbon, using this tutorial (or Google baby diy toys tutorials):

http://so-sew-easy.com/make-your-own-baby-toys/

Making a more colourful one next...but slow progress cos she is so demanding, yesterday wore me out with 2 huge poonami that stained her clothes, swaddle and nursing chair cover -_-"

As to totes, cannot man. I carry a small sling for groceries a while only, and my shoulder blade muscles will bunch so badly I cannot turn my head. Chronic issue, I have inflammation problems due to diabetes according to Dr :(

@snowfern - your mobile is really really good! It's so pretty, I can understand why bubbles is riveted to it. I would too. Do u hang the mobile from the ceiling or u use something to attach it to the cot? The black n white one I may be able to make, er, black lines or circles drawn on white paper :oops:. I just need to figure our how to turn my "artwork" into a cot mobile.
My sewing skills, sad to say, is sufficient to see me through simple stitching of torn articles only. Making something from scratch is a talent I can only dream of possessing.
Does she nap so long that it gives u the time to do the next toy for her? I really want to do a scrapbook on my girls, and I innocently thought I'm gonna do it during maternity leave. Crap, halfway through leave liao and I haven't even had time to organise photos!
More poonami episodes, lol!!

@snowfern - your mobile is really really good! It's so pretty, I can understand why bubbles is riveted to it. I would too. Do u hang the mobile from the ceiling or u use something to attach it to the cot? The black n white one I may be able to make, er, black lines or circles drawn on white paper :oops:. I just need to figure our how to turn my "artwork" into a cot mobile.
My sewing skills, sad to say, is sufficient to see me through simple stitching of torn articles only. Making something from scratch is a talent I can only dream of possessing.
Does she nap so long that it gives u the time to do the next toy for her? I really want to do a scrapbook on my girls, and I innocently thought I'm gonna do it during maternity leave. Crap, halfway through leave liao and I haven't even had time to organise photos!
More poonami episodes, lol!!
@tuna I got the mobile holders off eBay, these attach to the slats, and were about USD$10 each, free shipping. But of course they took ages to arrive!

No need to sew la, hot glue gun will work as well, I sewed cos I boliao and wanted to upkeep my dusty sewing machine. Hate sewing felt. Anyway, unless u intending to let bb touch, paper will definitely work too!

1474008228346-340798289.jpg

Forgot to add - she daytime naps in maybe 30-45 mins stretches if i'm lucky, I sneak in housework, then while bf her I crochet. Works out great cos the movement keeps her awake, she hated it at first but I am a tyrant that way hahaha!

OH! and as for scrapbooking, I think can one la...I am not into it, but I do instagram and FB quite a bit, I intend to print some of my faves so we can show her when she's older. But dunno if hp quality is good enough, too tired to use the dslr :( and yeah man, dunno why yesterday she was particularly gassy, 5 poops, 2 poonamis....I call them "kong bu pian" (horror flicks) lol

Last edited:
Ok! I'll take the challenge.

Erm where did you buy that clip on frame?

Edited : oh saw you mentioned it. Oh oh. I wonder if can get from spotlight or not.

Ok! I'll take the challenge.

Erm where did you buy that clip on frame?

Edited : oh saw you mentioned it. Oh oh. I wonder if can get from spotlight or not.
not sure, i've not looked cos I know spotlight sure chop head one.....I think I used he search terms 'mobile cot holder' or the like...too long ago and mommy brain liow, forgot :(

Edit: ok I searched my emails, the listing was for
DIY Hanging 5Pcs Set Baby Crib Mobile Bed Bell Toy Holder Arm Bracket Nursery

Seller: ynaan

@snowfern - you really inspired me! Hunted in qoo10 for the mobile frame but don't hv. I brainstormed for alternative liao. I'm gonna make one with wired hanger (twist it so it's in one long pc for me to attach to side of cot like a lamp post so I can stick my pathetic pcs of black n white hand drawn "masterpieces" to it. I'm excited to try!

Omg!! Qoo10 have!
  • 626111290.g_400-w_g.jpg.webp

VicTsing Baby Crib Mobile Music Box Holder Arm Bracket Nut Screw Box
Eyyyyy I skipped the music box but now feel like buying....I know the ting ting tong tiang all day will drive me insane is why I skipped it in favour of Symphony 92.4, but she seems to prefer Class 95 and nursery rhymes....augh

Hi mummies, glad to hear so many birth stories and lots of guidance I had in this thread. My girl now is in week 9 but the murmur in her heart has not gone. Any mummies have the same situation?

Btw, I'm taking pre-orders for packs of Cheap Rompers. Because baby outsize too quickly so dont want to buy expensive ones. Anyone interested?

@redvel Agree that the bag provided by gleneagle is super useful. Last week I even brought it to office (went back for some urgent issues) with my water bottle, pump, cooling bag, jacket etc all in one. My colleague was surprised when she saw me carrying such a big bag lol. But it would be nicer if the color was black instead of dark green :(
I stocked up many baby clothes during late pregnancy but now I realized that my boy is just growing too fast to wear them. And also for convenience, we just stick to three or four which are easy to be wear on. So now many clothes he never even touched and have alr grown out from them. And ppl who come to visit all like to bring baby clothes ! But most of the times the clothes they brought is uncomfortable to wear (eg. too thick). Next time I will tell my visitors never bring baby clothes but bring me more chicken Essenes or durian instead :p

I also have lots of baby clothes unworn yet. So now everyday I gave my boy new clothes to wear because some of my friends/relatives asking why no photos of him wearing those clothes they bought :confused:

Like doing #ootd for him *faints!*

@snowfern hands up to you! So pretty the baby cot!! I always fail at arts in school can't imagine doing these for my boy. Shall go qoo10 and buy 现成 one :p

Sarah, find Liao pls share qoo link. I only derive pleasure washing curtains, toilets but not art and craft hahaha!

Hi mummies, glad to hear so many birth stories and lots of guidance I had in this thread. My girl now is in week 9 but the murmur in her heart has not gone. Any mummies have the same situation?

Btw, I'm taking pre-orders for packs of Cheap Rompers. Because baby outsize too quickly so dont want to buy expensive ones. Anyone interested?

I saw this in Qoo. U might want to consider too

http://www.qoo10.sg/su/409382589

I also have lots of baby clothes unworn yet. So now everyday I gave my boy new clothes to wear because some of my friends/relatives asking why no photos of him wearing those clothes they bought :confused:

Like doing #ootd for him *faints!*
Lol! I can imagine lor, they grow so.fast, if u don't #ootd he will outgrow them!

@snowfern hands up to you! So pretty the baby cot!! I always fail at arts in school can't imagine doing these for my boy. Shall go qoo10 and buy 现成 one :p
Meh I also always fail in school for not following the rules XD art where got rules de! I also want to buy some, but overwhelmed by choices and I know bubs can be quite fickle, and space is a precious commodity in my room now that there's 3 of us and one king sized bed...hardly any space to move lor.

Happy Sunday! :) Today decided to go out walk walk without my boy (left him at my MIL place) to shop for a cooler bag.

Any recommendations for a good cooler bag? Need one before I start working. :p

Happy Sunday! :) Today decided to go out walk walk without my boy (left him at my MIL place) to shop for a cooler bag.

Any recommendations for a good cooler bag? Need one before I start working. :p
Sarah, try qoo10. Got mine together with ice pack from there. Mine's from here http://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=419035243

If u hv a fridge in office that u can put ebm in n only collect before going home, a small ice pack would do. I got the big ice pack hence slightly bigger cooler bag because things hv disappeared from the office fridge, hence will b keeping the milk expressed safely in cooler bag, so my ice pack must last the whole day. Fridge-to-go is good too.

Autumnz cooler bags are good because of their 2 compartments, can separate pumps and icepacks. I used that when I was pumping during 2015 NDP with 2 Daiso Icepacks. Lasts about 12hrs. If you have a fridge at work, don't need such powerful icepacks...

I am helping out as jiemei at a dear friends' wedding mid Oct. Colour theme is pastel pink. Any idea where can I get suitable nursing dress? Nursing attire doesn't seem to come in baby pink?

I am helping out as jiemei at a dear friends' wedding mid Oct. Colour theme is pastel pink. Any idea where can I get suitable nursing dress? Nursing attire doesn't seem to come in baby pink?
Consider convertible dresses? Can tie into tube style. The elastic material makes it easy for nursing.

I think u can get one from online stores like my little bow

Morning ladies.

Anyone returning or has returned to work?

What's your morning routine like since then with your LO?

I'm paying $5000 per year for 5 yrs and will get back $50,000 upon 19 yrs. double the Amt.
As for life insurance, it's super cheap if we buy now for the kids, but I believe they should be paying for themselves so din buy for them.

Hmm actually its good to get them protected as young as possible. Furthermore, I know of plans that where parents just pay for a limited tenure, but the coverage for the child is whole life. Furthermore, it not only covers death, TPD, and critical illness, but also early critical illness as well :)

Do u mind sharing how much do u pay monthly for 5yrs and how much payout at 19yrs?

Anyone got life policy for kids? Is it necessary? Or kids will get it when they grow up lor?

Yes I have a whole life policy for my baby. I feel that it is necessary as it provides coverage for them for their whole life. Further more if you get when they are really young, premiums are really cheap.

In addition, I know of life plans where parents can just pay for a limited time, but the child is covered for life. Plus, at certain age, there is a bonus which the company will give also :) Instead of covering for Death /TPD and Critical Illness, some providers also cover early critical illness hehe.

If wait till they grow up, premiums for life insurance will definitely be more costly and we cannot guarantee their health condition next time. That's just my thoughts.

Doing soft rebounding now after 1+ year ! Oh goodbye my super duper frizzy hair !
Any mummies have idea on how many days should I refrain from bf after this ?

Sarah, your baby enjoys admiring his fists, same as mine too. Seems like at this stage they like to look at their fist. Watching him over the video cam while I pump milk haha
ImageUploadedByForum1474295437.591451.jpg

Back