IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies
Can anyone advise the difference between natural FET and medicated FET?
How the doctor determine which one is suitable?
I am from KK....
if u usually have no issue on ovulation / lining problem, doc most likely will suggest u to go for natural cycle..
that time i was with kkh do natural cycle twice, i have no ovulation prob, but lining only reach min 7.5/8 on the last scan.. my TCM said ideal is 10... so now i changed to JB's ivf bridge, doc said he prefers to control my cycle, and he will be going to give me 6 weeks protocol.. not too sure what medicine will be taken in this medicated cycle, i will be going down clinice tomorrow or wednesday, today is my CD3..

Dear sisters,
Hope everyone is doing great! Congrats and big hugs to those sisters whoever need it!
Our FET#2 resulted a BFN (again!) Sigh...

Just to share on my previous FETs.
ER #1
Menopur + Orgalutron, Puregon + Orgalutron, Lucrin trigger -> 56 eggs -> 30 ICSI -> 26 fertilised -> 24 cleaved -> Freezed all 16 D2-embryo + 2 D5-blast (A and B)
Note: Blast A and B are of lower quality (out of those 8 after 16 being freezed) which the embryologist decided not to discard on day 2 and cultured till blast stage and they managed to make it this far. Bonus for us!
No fresh ET done due to the risk of OHSS.

FET#1 (Jun)
Cardiprin + Progynova + Utrogestan + Intralipid
Acupuncture: 8 pre FET + 2 post FET
Thawed 3 D2-embryo -> 2 D5-blast (C and D) transferred -> Spotting since 3dp5dt till BT -> BFN

Both husband and myself had the blood karyotype test and the result shown normal chromosome.

FET#2 (Aug)
Cardiprin + Progynova + Utrogestan + Intralipid
Acupuncture: 2 pre FET + 1 post FET
Thawed 3 D2-embryo -> 1 D5-blast (E) + Thawed blast A and blast B -> Transferred blast E and blast A/B -> No spotting till BT -> BFN (yet another!)
Left with ten precious D2-embryo.
Note: Happy that the lab didn't discard those lower quality embryos and who knows they even make it to blast stage, freezing and after thawing!

We are planning for few months break before deciding the next step. Thinking of trying TCM at the meanwhile to tiao the body, appreciate if you can share some advices/experiences on 颖川陈莉枝医师 (Physician Chen Li Zhi) @ Jurong East or other TCM physicians. Thanks in advance.

Good luck and keep fighting sisters...

Hugz Hugz..
May i know your medicated FET's medicine was taken how many weeks before transfer?
My fresh transfer also cancelled due to high progesterone..
For the fresh stim, i took menopur + puregon + orgalutran + ovidral trigger..
16 eggs -> 13 mature -> 10 fertilized -> 5 freeze on day 3 (cells btw 7-9), the rest of 5 not so good embryos to culture till day 6, only 1 5BB freeze on day 6

Hugz Hugz..
May i know your medicated FET's medicine was taken how many weeks before transfer?
16 eggs -> 13 mature -> 10 fertilized -> 5 freeze on day 3 (cells btw 7-9), the rest of 5 not so good embryos to culture till day 6, only 1 5BB freeze on day 6

Hi lilpanuetxx, I am also on medicated FET. Have been on Progynova since Day 2 of menses. Am scheduled for FET this mth :)

Failed my 2nd fresh again! Don noe when is my turn to bfp!! I have 1 frozen blast does anyone know normally when will FET take place if im schedule to see doc in oct?

hi ladies, i've been absent since Dec 2015 after my busted fresh cycle.
During this period, i failed another FET and now, i think i just failed my 2nd fresh.
To be frank, i don't understand why it would fail. I had 20 eggs retrieved, 9 made it, 2 to blast. so i transferred 2 pretty 5 day blasts...
i did intralipid twice too, in hopes of upping my bfp chances..
=(

i'm at a loss totally. and i have no courage to try one more fresh... the 2ww was total nerve wrecking..

Hugz Hugz..
Hi lilpeanutxx,
I started Cardiprin (baby aspirin prescribed by dr) and Progynova on CD2 while Utrogestan on CD13, FET on CD21.

During this period, i failed another FET and now, i think i just failed my 2nd fresh.
To be frank, i don't understand why it would fail. I had 20 eggs retrieved, 9 made it, 2 to blast. so i transferred 2 pretty 5 day blasts...
=(

i'm at a loss totally. and i have no courage to try one more fresh... the 2ww was total nerve wrecking..
Hug hug kissryl, I feel you!

hi everyone, im new here. i just want to know if you have any idea how much IUI will cost me? im seeing dr. yu su ling in SGH. im under private, and i dont have any medisave. thank you so much.. :) babydust to all of us... :)

=(

you should try it again unless you are financially strained. Better to do now than have regrets later thinking you should have done it once more. No explanation for why no BFP ... sisters here who have grade 3 type of embryo looked doomed and ugly got pregnant, sisters who have pretty superior harvard grade one never got pregnant. Situation could be vice versa. The grading of the embryo is just based on the appearance, remember, the inside is what it matters which nobody can tell you. even people who went for PGS/PGD also had good results and never got pregnant. Then again looking at womb conditions. I know it is alot to bear. We need to have rocket science to get pregnant while others get pregnant so easily.

And all these has got nothing to do with whether you are good person or bad. so that you know. jiayou!!

Wa, they must be wary of you....you are right, usually when you hear ÿour embryos couldn't make it", you will just move on without asking much
i think i ask till they want to punch me. I must say the report from KKH sucks compared to the usual reports i get from TFC, CARE and Mt E. no details, super sucky and you really need to keep asking them when, how many made it at which phase, how they died? egg died? sperm died? wah lau eh waste my time.

hi everyone! i went MIA for 2 weeks as i was traveling for work. Hope everyone is doing fine and I am trying to catch up on some old posts. I havent report to KKH as i should have after menses started, kind of procrastinating thinking about the long cycle to do this time. I still have 1 frozen grade 3 left. Starting to think if i should use it instead of starting new cycle but abit scared due to the last pregnancy unknown incident from this batch, sighs... dilemma man. next menses coming soon, i gotta decide fast!

you should try it again unless you are financially strained. Better to do now than have regrets later thinking you should have done it once more. No explanation for why no BFP ... sisters here who have grade 3 type of embryo looked doomed and ugly got pregnant, sisters who have pretty superior harvard grade one never got pregnant. Situation could be vice versa. The grading of the embryo is just based on the appearance, remember, the inside is what it matters which nobody can tell you. even people who went for PGS/PGD also had good results and never got pregnant. Then again looking at womb conditions. I know it is alot to bear. We need to have rocket science to get pregnant while others get pregnant so easily.

And all these has got nothing to do with whether you are good person or bad. so that you know. jiayou!!

Hug hug kissryl, I feel you!
Thanks jean saw and muff
The prob is subjecting ownself to the distress. I know i wont give up on having my own baby.. just that i dont know why it didnt happen. If it could be something we know, at least we could work on it.
That being said, of cos this is also something we all ladies hope to know... thats the prob with ivf!
I will still pick myself up and hope for a miracle one day.

Thanks jean saw and muff
The prob is subjecting ownself to the distress. I know i wont give up on having my own baby.. just that i dont know why it didnt happen. If it could be something we know, at least we could work on it.
That being said, of cos this is also something we all ladies hope to know... thats the prob with ivf!
I will still pick myself up and hope for a miracle one day.
yeah, its alot of trial and error for ivf unfortunately. some people get it once lucky enough, some needs to try harder. jiayou!

Is there any way to test for female chrmosome normality?i know male is via bloodtest.

What abt ladies when testing for chromosone normal or not?

not sure if there is any jab, scheduled to see dr later.. i will update you after my appt ya :) was only on progynova for less than 2 weeks.

I took my progynova today (CD4), start 1 tablet from tml onwards 10pm till 10 sep, then go clinic and do endo scratching. .. dr advised i will need one jab which controls the hormone, not sure what's jab is that... nx cycle will schedule fet if everything is in order.. how's your appt with dr?

I jus hope i dont have to try too many times. Already failed 3 times and even with blasts.
Hey babe, i feel you. i had trf 2 blast on 11 Aug and failed. Gotten the bfn result yesterday, disappointed and sad. This is my 2nd time.
Im not too sure if i would want to go for a fresh or FET for the 3rd cycle. i left with 1 froze blast.

Last edited:
not sure if there is any jab, scheduled to see dr later.. i will update you after my appt ya :) was only on progynova for less than 2 weeks.

Hi, Dr did not prescribe any jabs for me. Adding on to Progynova, he also gave me Cardipirin to be taken and the V insert to be done from thur onwards. Intralipid to be done on the day of ET. I will be doing a D2 transfer. My lining was at 7.7mm yest.. which i believe is still considered not optimal.. have been downing red bean, soy milk, red date tea and occasionally raspberry leaf tea.. what else can i do to help the lining? have been down with flu since last week.. will it affect the outcome of the ET?

I took my progynova today (CD4), start 1 tablet from tml onwards 10pm till 10 sep, then go clinic and do endo scratching. .. dr advised i will need one jab which controls the hormone, not sure what's jab is that... nx cycle will schedule fet if everything is in order.. how's your appt with dr?
hihi.. my FET is scheduled on 27 Aug.. hopefully lining continues to thicken more these few days.. as I am still having some cough n runny nose, dr gave me a course of antibiotics too.. hopefully all goes well for sat..

hihi.. my FET is scheduled on 27 Aug.. hopefully lining continues to thicken more these few days.. as I am still having some cough n runny nose, dr gave me a course of antibiotics too.. hopefully all goes well for sat..
hello cindy, can you share what needs to be done prior to FET? Is there any jab or medication need to take?

hi everyone! i went MIA for 2 weeks as i was traveling for work. Hope everyone is doing fine and I am trying to catch up on some old posts. I havent report to KKH as i should have after menses started, kind of procrastinating thinking about the long cycle to do this time. I still have 1 frozen grade 3 left. Starting to think if i should use it instead of starting new cycle but abit scared due to the last pregnancy unknown incident from this batch, sighs... dilemma man. next menses coming soon, i gotta decide fast!
You duno what is the reason for last "unknown" incident mah so cannot give up on this one! I thought usually THH would recommend a fresh cycle if left with 1 frozen? No mah?

i think i ask till they want to punch me. I must say the report from KKH sucks compared to the usual reports i get from TFC, CARE and Mt E. no details, super sucky and you really need to keep asking them when, how many made it at which phase, how they died? egg died? sperm died? wah lau eh waste my time.
Must ask them for detailed explanation de. I usually blast the embryologist till they showed me their detailed record (internal) to track which one is gone on which day etc. Actually those embryologists whom i have met so far are quite nice and patient le.

hello cindy, can you share what needs to be done prior to FET? Is there any jab or medication need to take?
well.. this is my first FET.. so not too sure of the procedure too.. i read that there is natural and medicated FET. for me, it is medicated as i was on progynova from D2 of menses. was prescribed Cardipirin yest to be taken once a day and to start with the insert 2 days prior to ET. Dr wanted to put me on intralipid yest but i was still having flu so he scheduled on the same day as of the FET. so no jab for me for this FET.

Hi lilpeanutxx,

May i know how much you spend for the IVF done at IVF BRIDGE FERTILITY CENTRE (JB)? I have just BFN for my 2nd FET at KKH yesterday.

Hi, Dr did not prescribe any jabs for me. Adding on to Progynova, he also gave me Cardipirin to be taken and the V insert to be done from thur onwards. Intralipid to be done on the day of ET. I will be doing a D2 transfer. My lining was at 7.7mm yest.. which i believe is still considered not optimal.. have been downing red bean, soy milk, red date tea and occasionally raspberry leaf tea.. what else can i do to help the lining? have been down with flu since last week.. will it affect the outcome of the ET?
Beef for lining

well.. this is my first FET.. so not too sure of the procedure too.. i read that there is natural and medicated FET. for me, it is medicated as i was on progynova from D2 of menses. was prescribed Cardipirin yest to be taken once a day and to start with the insert 2 days prior to ET. Dr wanted to put me on intralipid yest but i was still having flu so he scheduled on the same day as of the FET. so no jab for me for this FET.
thanks for the info cindy. Good luck to you on the coming FET. Jiayou

Hey babe, i feel you. i had trf 2 blast on 11 Aug and failed. Gotten the bfn result yesterday, disappointed and sad. This is my 2nd time.
Im not too sure if i would want to go for a fresh or FET for the 3rd cycle. i left with 1 froze blast.
Hugs babe! No review yet, will be seeing dr tan hh soon and will ask for his advice.
Meanwhile i will rest and try to find out more if my womb any problems or not..
Maybe u can consider frozen? Dr tan hh dont really reco going for fresh while u still have frozen embbies it seems cause i asked him before..

Hugs babe! No review yet, will be seeing dr tan hh soon and will ask for his advice.
Meanwhile i will rest and try to find out more if my womb any problems or not..
Maybe u can consider frozen? Dr tan hh dont really reco going for fresh while u still have frozen embbies it seems cause i asked him before..
Im no longer with him. Im with sgh now. I will ask the doc what is her opinion when i visit her in oct which i find that is super long and im also not young le.

You duno what is the reason for last "unknown" incident mah so cannot give up on this one! I thought usually THH would recommend a fresh cycle if left with 1 frozen? No mah?
yes he recommend i go for fresh to extract eggs when im still younger. am 36 this year liao. ahhaha which im placed for fresh cycle le. just that havent call. lazy...... 5th cycle liao gosh

Back