2017/03 March Mummies

Dear mummies I have added you all respectively! If you all didn't receive pls check your email settings in Facebook and after you changed, let me know so I can send again! Otherwise do pm me for my email to add me as friend so I can add you all into the group! :) thank you mummies!!

Dear mummies I have added you all respectively! If you all didn't receive pls check your email settings in Facebook and after you changed, let me know so I can send again! Otherwise do pm me for my email to add me as friend so I can add you all into the group! :) thank you mummies!!
babe i pm u again. it seem like i need to add u in fb frenz. thanks ya

dunno is it link to pregnancy.. I cannot sit still in the office. Feeling lethargic, backache and neck tired.

Yah actually my last tri for first one, I was drinking a lot of ice water cos it was so hot! But he moment I gave birth I didn't drink Liao.
I regretted drinking cold water 2wks after my first confinement. Haha! Because of the countless backaches & headaches. Lol! So for this #2 i dont dare to deink much cold drinks.

dunno is it link to pregnancy.. I cannot sit still in the office. Feeling lethargic, backache and neck tired.
Usually backache is one of the symptoms. Lethargy could be fatigue which is normal. If u can try to get a catnap somewhere! I used to cannot tahan then end up take a snooze in the toilet!

I am getting very conscious what i am eating and i get especially worried whenever i ate the wrong thing
Bought a ice cream to eat yesterday only to find out at the end that it is made of raw milk, got me so worried for the whole day :(

What are your dos and dons when it comes to food?

I stop drinkin coffee,tea. Ensure all the meat i eat are properly cooked (no sashimi & no runny egg yolk :( )
Are prawns safe? Anyone knows what milk is reccomended for us?

I avoid eating raw food and limit my caffeine to one cup a day. But I still take fast food and eat as per normal.
I try to drink a glass of low fat milk per day.

I am getting very conscious what i am eating and i get especially worried whenever i ate the wrong thing
Bought a ice cream to eat yesterday only to find out at the end that it is made of raw milk, got me so worried for the whole day :(

I stop drinkin coffee,tea. Ensure all the meat i eat are properly cooked (no sashimi & no runny egg yolk :( )

Ice cream is usually safe. Only those soft serve kind like McDonalds may be unsafe due to listeria.
However, don't be too hard on yourself. Now that you know, then avoid if possible. If not, as my doc says, everything in moderation!

In the end whatever your diet now will be your diet for when you start breastfeeding!

I still drink tea once a day, just ensure that you don't drink/eat too much caffeine pdts like chocolates!

As long as you r conscious, I'm sure you'll be fine to limit your intake.

I know of some pple who still eat sashimi, but they Must be from good sources!

Ultimately, enjoy your pregnancy! Enjoy being doted upon by everyone!

Hi, are you in the fb group? I just posted this qns too! Maybe we can discuss there too.. ;)

Yup prawns are safe! I have been eating prawns still. You can drink HL milk all that kind found in supermarket or maternity milk! :)

can I ask the second or third time mummies here? What is your views on infantcare? Have any of you put your babies to infantcare after a few months?

I'm on my 6th week today and my dermatologist told me to stop all skin care products from her when I called the clinic today. I have been applying for few days already as I didn't know I was pregnant. I am kind of worried if it will cause any implications.. :(

All mummies please take note on the products that you all apply..

can I ask the second or third time mummies here? What is your views on infantcare? Have any of you put your babies to infantcare after a few months?
there is always pro and cons on infant care vs home care

cons: BB tends to fall sick much more freq compare to bb who stays at home as they do not have contact with other bbs who is unwell. ( usually only fever they send back, if cough and flu bb still can send to sch).
pro : Their immune system still built up faster when toddler time in Childcare tends to fall sick lesser compare to stay at home bb (this time they will fall sick easier.)

I'm on my 6th week today and my dermatologist told me to stop all skin care products from her when I called the clinic today. I have been applying for few days already as I didn't know I was pregnant. I am kind of worried if it will cause any implications.. :(

As long as no retin it is fine. Advised by gynae.

there is always pro and cons on infant care vs home care

cons: BB tends to fall sick much more freq compare to bb who stays at home as they do not have contact with other bbs who is unwell. ( usually only fever they send back, if cough and flu bb still can send to sch).
pro : Their immune system still built up faster when toddler time in Childcare tends to fall sick lesser compare to stay at home bb (this time they will fall sick easier.)

@rina_koh thanks for giving your input on this! I have always heard about the cons about ifc but never about the pros. It is a new perspective indeed.

I read this before but couldn't manage to find a comprehensive "safe" list because I use many different Korean cosmetic and skincare products which doesn't have English content on the bottle.

My facial salon says I can continue with my facial but they will take note when they massage my shoulder and neck because some ppl are quite pandang on the massage? My colleague says cannot anyhow touch preggy's shoulder. How true?

Hello fellow preggers, I've seen my baby for the first time today in the ultrasound. And heard the heartbeat. Tears welled up in my eyes. Hehehe.
I checked 3 tests +ve last Sun and only went to Gynae today!
So excited!

I'm considering between seeing Dr Tracey Lim or Private Suite at KKH.

Any reviews on Dr Tracey Lim?

I quite like her when I was seeing her for my irregular menses.

Working ladies... how do you all manage to cope at work? First time mum here and I always thought I am fit because I exercise 2-3times a week before I get pregnant. But now, I think I got the weakest body ever since Im pregnant. Im having cramps every single day and I feel nausea almost every single hour that I have to keep eating sour plums. My job requires me to go site and I always end up bleeding/spotting when I travel around. I had to have injection and tons of medications to stabilize and Im running out of MCs soon. I also think my whole office know Im preggy even though im only 7w6d. My boss told me its going to affect my performance appraisal so Im quite upset now. People kept saying mums are very wei da. I dint really appreciate the meaning until experiencing it myself.

Working ladies... how do you all manage to cope at work? First time mum here and I always thought I am fit because I exercise 2-3times a week before I get pregnant. But now, I think I got the weakest body ever since Im pregnant. Im having cramps every single day and I feel nausea almost every single hour that I have to keep eating sour plums. My job requires me to go site and I always end up bleeding/spotting when I travel around. I had to have injection and tons of medications to stabilize and Im running out of MCs soon. I also think my whole office know Im preggy even though im only 7w6d. My boss told me its going to affect my performance appraisal so Im quite upset now. People kept saying mums are very wei da. I dint really appreciate the meaning until experiencing it myself.

I am like constantly on half days and MC cos puke very bad. No choice have to tell myself nothing matters more than family. But i am lucky to have very nice bosses.

Pls take care of yourself.

Everyone faces pregnancy differently, don't be too hard on yourself at this time. Being negative is not good for your baby and for yourself too.

Your sacrifice would be workwise, it's inevitable. Even when the kid is born, when they r sick, usually the Mum's are the ones who take leave to take care of the baby. Even then, your appraisal suffers esp if u don't have understanding bosses. Unfortunately that's the life of a working mum.

But don't be disheartened, no matter what your sacrifice is, it is worth it when you see your kid smile, laugh and play with you. And you can see in their eyes, how much they love you.

At this time now, since your body seems fragile, please don't take chances and over exert yourself. It is not worth risking losing your child just because of work. Your work will always be there.

At the moment, perhaps your Gynae can write you a hospital leave instead of normal mc? And yes, I think u should tell your boss at least to make things more "understood" why you're always sick.

Meantime, take care of yourself!

Everyone faces pregnancy differently, don't be too hard on yourself at this time. Being negative is not good for your baby and for yourself too.

Your sacrifice would be workwise, it's inevitable. Even when the kid is born, when they r sick, usually the Mum's are the ones who take leave to take care of the baby. Even then, your appraisal suffers esp if u don't have understanding bosses. Unfortunately that's the life of a working mum.

But don't be disheartened, no matter what your sacrifice is, it is worth it when you see your kid smile, laugh and play with you. And you can see in their eyes, how much they love you.

At this time now, since your body seems fragile, please don't take chances and over exert yourself. It is not worth risking losing your child just because of work. Your work will always be there.

At the moment, perhaps your Gynae can write you a hospital leave instead of normal mc? And yes, I think u should tell your boss at least to make things more "understood" why you're always sick.

Yes agree with Queeniam. Get a HL good bed rest. Don't worry about work for now. Spotting and bleeding no joking matter...

Wow seems like quite a no of westerners here! I also stay in Jurong!
Yes I went to dr tho for my first check up but unlikely to follow with him. Will be going back to my previous Gynae at tmc..

Woah thanks everyone for the concern! I just finish puking out everything i ate for dinner (my first time till date). :(

I have been taking extreme care during this period because my gynae told me that it is worrisome on whether my baby is alive at 6w since i have threatened abortion. Luckily my lil foetus shows up on the scan at 7w and my husband and i just exclaimed our happiness loudly in the room. Taking super care now especially when walking; I have never walked so slow in my life before; I feel so paiseh especially when crossing the roads slowly.

My gynae's nurses said they can only give me HL after i finish my MC. so now they still gave me as MC. i had also asked for gynae's letter to excuse from strenuous activities because my boss asked me to provide doctor's letter as evidence -.-

Woah thanks everyone for the concern! I just finish puking out everything i ate for dinner (my first time till date). :(

I have been taking extreme care during this period because my gynae told me that it is worrisome on whether my baby is alive at 6w since i have threatened abortion. Luckily my lil foetus shows up on the scan at 7w and my husband and i just exclaimed our happiness loudly in the room. Taking super care now especially when walking; I have never walked so slow in my life before; I feel so paiseh especially when crossing the roads slowly.

My gynae's nurses said they can only give me HL after i finish my MC. so now they still gave me as MC. i had also asked for gynae's letter to excuse from strenuous activities because my boss asked me to provide doctor's letter as evidence -.-
Why your boss so anal. Just request your gynae for the letter & show your boss. She cant fire you during this period anw. So.. Perservere, stay stressfree & happy. in no time, you will see your healthy baby.

Should you go to tcm and get some an tai medication? I do that last time cos keep having cramp..

During the initial 3 months check up, does all mummies to be here apply for leave or MC? I am going for the 1st scan next week but thinking to take leave as I do not want people in the office to know. My boss cannot keep secret too..

But I feel its a waste of my leave..

Back