IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hello ladies today i am into my day 7 of jabs. 2nd day on purego. I dont feel any side effects at all or any bloatedness. I wonder if the medz are not working on me. Any body care to share yr experiences?

Hi any ladies who've gone through IVF but failed to have any matured eggs? Was there any delay in your mensus?

Went to doc's review after my failed 2nd IVF fresh cycle. I failed to have any matured eggs to transfer. When i entered doc's room, the first thing he told me was "Its all mother nature. She decides how many eggs to gvie you. This time no eggs to transfer and also due to yr age..hmmm do you still want to continue?" I was so demotivated by this. It was like the doc gave up hope on me. I went to NUH CHR on the same day to inform the nurses that i will be continuing after 3 cycle. The nurse there was much more encouraging then the doc. She said there were many cases she came across that got pregnant naturally after failed IVF. So she encouraged me to try naturally as well. I felt better after that. Wish the doc was more encouraging, i left my hope in his hands and if he himself is not confident how can he carry our my IVF postively?

AND why is it so hard for us gals to get pregnant?????? Im already 38, if im going to get pregnent at 40 or 45 wah liao where got any engergy to run around little ones when i suppose to be in the ageing category????

Hello ladies today i am into my day 7 of jabs. 2nd day on purego. I dont feel any side effects at all or any bloatedness. I wonder if the medz are not working on me. Any body care to share yr experiences?
Diferent pple response diferently from the medication...I also have no symptoms..Only i noticed big bloated tummy.Otherwise feel normal.And when go scan eggs are growing as per what dey aimed for...

Jz call ivf centre le. Was told to.go dwn like today cause nurse said 3rd day of menses. So everytin ok.thy will teach mi jab n tings lik tt. Feelin e jitters..haha.

Hi any ladies who've gone through IVF but failed to have any matured eggs? Was there any delay in your mensus?

Went to doc's review after my failed 2nd IVF fresh cycle. I failed to have any matured eggs to transfer. When i entered doc's room, the first thing he told me was "Its all mother nature. She decides how many eggs to gvie you. This time no eggs to transfer and also due to yr age..hmmm do you still want to continue?" I was so demotivated by this. It was like the doc gave up hope on me. I went to NUH CHR on the same day to inform the nurses that i will be continuing after 3 cycle. The nurse there was much more encouraging then the doc. She said there were many cases she came across that got pregnant naturally after failed IVF. So she encouraged me to try naturally as well. I felt better after that. Wish the doc was more encouraging, i left my hope in his hands and if he himself is not confident how can he carry our my IVF postively?

AND why is it so hard for us gals to get pregnant?????? Im already 38, if im going to get pregnent at 40 or 45 wah liao where got any engergy to run around little ones when i suppose to be in the ageing category????
Gal despair not. We are abt same age and also trying desperately. Docs told me to go surrogacy straight in the face even b4 I embarked ivf. I managed to conceive twice and they had nothing to say. But still haven't succeed. Pray hard and keep trying. There is success at the end of the tunnel..don't let ppl demotivate u...they r not god. If ultimately it's god will god will let us know the answer as well. Jia you

Sisters who did medicated fet can I check how many scans did u have in total. Also roughly which cd is transfer. Lining how many mm then they will do et pls. Am taking raspberry tea leaf red bean soup n soya milk. First scan Thu. Some sisters mentioned abt black soy milk...can I knw what brand and is it organic n where to get pls.

Good luck to all the ladies in your 2ww now.. Can't wait for mine.. Feels very far away in July.. Sigh. Anyway keep yr spirits up and lots and lots of luck and blessings to all of u ok!

Hi Almondearie, if you don't mind, I can give 3 boxes to u.. I just bought from Iherb in April. Not drinking coz I am drinking too many things liao (haha kiasu.. So drinking red date tea and red bean).. If u would like them I can mail them to u, at no cost

Oh no no I can pay you. Let me know how much?

Sisters who did medicated fet can I check how many scans did u have in total. Also roughly which cd is transfer. Lining how many mm then they will do et pls. Am taking raspberry tea leaf red bean soup n soya milk. First scan Thu. Some sisters mentioned abt black soy milk...can I knw what brand and is it organic n where to get pls.
I have not done Fet.But from what i knw lining must be at least 7mm as confirmed with dr when i did my fresh...For black soy milk i read its from ntuc but not all ntuc sell them...Do update ur lining measurement bcoz i also have the same problem...

All the best mesara in yr medicated FET this month!!

Can totally feel you, we are abt the same age and few docs I've seen after my 2nd failed fresh recommended that I go overseas for IVF using egg donors. But with strength from God, I decided to go for my 3rd cycle this Oct. Let's keep that faith that we will have our LO in our arms one day as long as we do not give up. Jiayou! :)

Hello muff, may I know which one is better, in sachets form right?
Elsie, I prefer sachets, i read the contents on H20, it has an ingredient benzoyl something, that is not good for health. Didnt noticed on 100+ but i dont like sparkling drinks. sachets are quite ok to drink, not yucky!

Sorry to read this, i feel you when you talk about getting pregnant at 40 or so though many people kept quoting Fann Wong's example at 40. but still sighs......... I really didnt expect I can struggle so long and after 4 rounds of IVF still no results. But i think doctor is very important as if they are enthusiastic they will review your case and think of what to do nex. If they dont, you will be repeating the same thing, same wrong protocols all over again. Did he mention if you were to continue he might change your meds??

Elsie, I prefer sachets, i read the contents on H20, it has an ingredient benzoyl something, that is not good for health. Didnt noticed on 100+ but i dont like sparkling drinks. sachets are quite ok to drink, not yucky!
Thanks, will get the sachets one

Jz also wondering. Did any1 go for massage durin this period? As in izit fine tt we massage?
Hi jeslyn i am same case as you my mensus came last sat and kkh ivf hotline was not on. I called on monday morning day 3 and they told me to go down. Jai you!! I jus went for massage yesterday.. :)

Hi Mesara! There's about 2-3 scans to check the lining and you have to have at least 7mm of lining before the transfer. :) Less doc visits for FET too.

Dun despair....success may come when you least expect it. It was the last cycle I expected to do because my hubby was saying this is our last cycle, if dun have, means dun have. So I did not pin any hopes on it too.

And the gynae told me lately alot ladies in their ladies all preggy with their 1st child.

Jia you ok!

You with NUH? Which doctor are you seeing? Don't get discourage please! *hugs*

i thought i could "game" this year but well only half the luck was on my side... cos i managed to conceive but the embro preferred to be extra cosy by choosing to implant in my left tube instead of the large womb space... :rolleyes: so had to bid it farewell....

Hi jeslyn i am same case as you my mensus came last sat and kkh ivf hotline was not on. I called on monday morning day 3 and they told me to go down. Jai you!! I jus went for massage yesterday.. :)

Mspau. U mean u went today morning le? So u will b jabbing todae lo?

Ohh i have to say this Muff is my idol...my inspiration to go on and not give up... Thank you muff for sharing so much with me and I am sure the sisters here benefited. Let's MARCH ON together sisters!

i thought i could "game" this year but well only half the luck was on my side... cos i managed to conceive but the embro preferred to be extra cosy by choosing to implant in my left tube instead of the large womb space... :rolleyes: so had to bid it farewell....

Oh dear, I had ectopic pregnancy too before I started on Ivf. I got pregnant via Clomid but however it was short lived and need to get the Methrotraxete jab. Previous gynae believed that it somehow left a scar in my left tube.

Hi Mesara! There's about 2-3 scans to check the lining and you have to have at least 7mm of lining before the transfer. :) Less doc visits for FET too.
Thanks gal. Will they do blood tests as well like for estrogen n progesterone
I have not done Fet.But from what i knw lining must be at least 7mm as confirmed with dr when i did my fresh...For black soy milk i read its from ntuc but not all ntuc sell them...Do update ur lining measurement bcoz i also have the same problem...
Sure will keep u updated gal. I guess with my previous cycles no prob with follies or lining but still unsuccessful ya. It's the womb condition for me. Anyway this is my first medicated so kan cheong spider haha

Babe, don't give up trying .....was 37 years old wen I decided to give a go at IVF n I glad I did...managed to conceive n just given birth last month with God's blessing...

It is not a easy road to embark on but do keep in mind if u dun keep trying u never know the end result...

And don't worry at all about bring preggy later age or etc as u will automatic hv strength plus energy to run after or take care of ur LO next time.... That is the surprising thing about motherhood...

Last edited:
Thanks gal. Will they do blood tests as well like for estrogen n progesterone

Sure will keep u updated gal. I guess with my previous cycles no prob with follies or lining but still unsuccessful ya. It's the womb condition for me. Anyway this is my first medicated so kan cheong spider haha
Mine has always been the lining..despite all those tips from galls in forum still highest only 6.5..but blood state otherwise...sigh..praying my Fet with soya helps!

Babe, don't give up trying .....was 37 years old wen I decided to give a go at IVF n I glad I did...manage to conceived n just given birth last month with God's blessing...

It is not a easy road to embark on but do keep in mind if u dun keep trying u never know the end result...

And don't worry at all about bring preggy later age or etc as u will automatic hv strength plus energy to run after or take care of ur LO next time.... That is the surprising thing about motherhood...
Thanks for the encouragement dear. I was really distressed by what i heard from the doc. Can i ask how many times did u try for IVF? How are you doing now with yr LO? Must be really busy ah? Congrats on yr bundle of joy dear.

Dun despair....success may come when you least expect it. It was the last cycle I expected to do because my hubby was saying this is our last cycle, if dun have, means dun have. So I did not pin any hopes on it too.

And the gynae told me lately alot ladies in their ladies all preggy with their 1st child.

Jia you ok!
Thanks Babe, trying my best to be postitive. Im also trying to get into the mood to try naturally but im not getting the mood nor feeling anything less to even try with my husband. I just wana sleep it off and wish to wake up in the morning pregnant hahahaha.

Is this the raspberry tea for lining?

Attachments

• 2016-05-23 13.58.21.jpg
    2016-05-23 13.58.21.jpg
    709.9 KB · Views: 123
Sorry to read this, i feel you when you talk about getting pregnant at 40 or so though many people kept quoting Fann Wong's example at 40. but still sighs......... I really didnt expect I can struggle so long and after 4 rounds of IVF still no results. But i think doctor is very important as if they are enthusiastic they will review your case and think of what to do nex. If they dont, you will be repeating the same thing, same wrong protocols all over again. Did he mention if you were to continue he might change your meds??

Thanks dear. Nope he didnt mention anytihng abt changing the med but i guess he's gona do the same for the 3rd tjime. I have to probably tell him when im ready to take the 3rd IVF cycle that i would like him to see if he can chagne the med.

Can totally feel you, we are abt the same age and few docs I've seen after my 2nd failed fresh recommended that I go overseas for IVF using egg donors. But with strength from God, I decided to go for my 3rd cycle this Oct. Let's keep that faith that we will have our LO in our arms one day as long as we do not give up. Jiayou! :)

Thanks for those encouragement babe. Yup lets pray together and hope to hold our LO in our arms soon. i've decided to do some exercise, im way overwieght at 91. Doc told me to lose some weight before trying for the next cycle. Though difficult but have to start trying.

Gal despair not. We are abt same age and also trying desperately. Docs told me to go surrogacy straight in the face even b4 I embarked ivf. I managed to conceive twice and they had nothing to say. But still haven't succeed. Pray hard and keep trying. There is success at the end of the tunnel..don't let ppl demotivate u...they r not god. If ultimately it's god will god will let us know the answer as well. Jia you

Thanks Babe. Really glad you ladies are supporting me. I feel so much better now honestly. Thanks to this forum.

Thanks for the encouragement dear. I was really distressed by what i heard from the doc. Can i ask how many times did u try for IVF? How are you doing now with yr LO? Must be really busy ah? Congrats on yr bundle of joy dear.

Don't mention babe....n yes some dr r pretty insensitive n etc when they speak so just take their comments as a ear in n a ear out...dun be distress at all by tt...if government think at late 30s dun hv a chance at conceiveing be thro ivf/Iui , they won't even bother to give the grant for the procedure at all right?

First time ivf n managed to, ptl....don't think I will be able to at 1st cos low ovarian reserve (only hv 3 egg mature ), still hv cysts on 1 side of tube ....

LO is a preemie ( born 2more days to 36ww) n I hv been pretty stress regarding his weight gain n etc...n yup busy bee lately...

Thanks n jia you okay...easy to say then do but press on n hv the faith/trust u will hold ur LO one day...**baby dusts to all**

Don't mention babe....n yes some dr r pretty insensitive n etc when they speak so just take their comments as a ear in n a ear out...dun be distress at all by tt...if government think at late 30s dun hv a chance at conceiveing be thro ivf/Iui , they won't even bother to give the grant for the procedure at all right?

First time ivf n managed to, ptl....don't think I will be able to at 1st cos low ovarian reserve (only hv 3 egg mature ), still hv cysts on 1 side of tube ....

LO is a preemie ( born 2more days to 36ww) n I hv been pretty stress regarding his weight gain n etc...n yup busy bee lately...

Thanks n jia you okay...easy to say then do but press on n hv the faith/trust u will hold ur LO one day...**baby dusts to all**
Thank you so much for yr encouragement. I felt better already. All the best and enjoy yr motherhood days. Before you know they are all grown up ready to fly on their own.

Oh I know him. He can be blunt but he is a very nice doctor and really cares for his patients. With him you just have to take things easy.

I'm feeling fine, thanks for asking! 3 more days to Blood Test! :)

Ya he's nice and patient. Just like you said, he's blunt at times.

All the best and its def positive for you. God bless.

Back