Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this group. 16 days after ET and I did the BT. Yes, it was positive.
I am currently very worried. I read that IVF has high chance of miscarriage.

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this group. 16 days after ET and I did the BT. Yes, it was positive.
Congrats!
Yes even though there is higher chance than normal pregnancy, must rem that the miscarriage rate is still less than 50%. So the odds are in ur favour

Hi mummy /mummy to be....

Sorry for the long post but a small update .......Yesterday Dr observed a several drip episode in baby heartbeat thro out the night n in morning they informed Dr Tan HH ..He decided not to take d risk as they do not know what causes them and I have frequent contraction although not dilated...

So I was quickly prep for E c-sec . Dr Tan walked in ops theater ,saw my worried face n assured me (he is very steady during the ops n fast in his stitching)...Everything happened so fast (push in the ops..injection at spinal n etc) ...I hear the 1st strong cry of my baby, I cannot believe that I am a mummy le:)

My baby is born premises (35ww 5days) weight 2.32kg...lucky other than tt he is healthy and no need award in nicu....He is at normal nusery instead *Thank God** now he is beside me....really can't get enough of seeing his face :)

Thank u all mummy/mummy to be for you all sound advice ( good thing that I heed it) ....tt I can hold my precious gift from God safely. ..

Really. .anything in doubt check w ur friends and etc...listen to ur mummy/mummy to be instinct n act on them...no one will say u r silly to do it cos mummy know best!!!!

Congrats!! Welcome to motherhood!

Sorry for the long post but a small update .......Yesterday Dr observed a several drip episode in baby heartbeat thro out the night n in morning they informed Dr Tan HH ..He decided not to take d risk as they do not know what causes them and I have frequent contraction although not dilated...

So I was quickly prep for E c-sec . Dr Tan walked in ops theater ,saw my worried face n assured me (he is very steady during the ops n fast in his stitching)...Everything happened so fast (push in the ops..injection at spinal n etc) ...I hear the 1st strong cry of my baby, I cannot believe that I am a mummy le:)

My baby is born premises (35ww 5days) weight 2.32kg...lucky other than tt he is healthy and no need award in nicu....He is at normal nusery instead *Thank God** now he is beside me....really can't get enough of seeing his face :)

Thank u all mummy/mummy to be for you all sound advice ( good thing that I heed it) ....tt I can hold my precious gift from God safely. ..

Really. .anything in doubt check w ur friends and etc...listen to ur mummy/mummy to be instinct n act on them...no one will say u r silly to do it cos mummy know best!!!!
Congrats!! Baby finally safe in your arms!!

Hi gal,

Most of us went thru this apprehensive stage too. It's normal to be a little anxious. Try to stay positive N enjoy the pregnancy. =)

I read somewhere that it's not that ivf miscarriage rate is higher. It's just that we find out about our pregnancy much earlier than usual pregnancy. If anything happens to the embryo, we would know. For usual pregnancy, some might not even know that they've lost a baby in the very early stage.

Congrats mummy! Good to know all's well!:)

Congrats!! Rest well and have a good confinement!! Enjoy motherhood.. :)

Hi Ladies,

Congrats! Don't read too much of those. Stay positive!

Welcome to motherhood @Tsum_tsum ! Have a good rest in the hospital and be prepared to charge full gear after your confinement. Remember, dun stress yourself over breastfeeding, just try your best! Hope you will have a great time bonding with your LO. If want to share experiences, go post on the fb page created by @towkayneo
But hor, E-Csect not GA wan meh?

@the_spinsterella You are up next!!!!!! Jia You!!

Welcome to motherhood @Tsum_tsum ! Have a good rest in the hospital and be prepared to charge full gear after your confinement. Remember, dun stress yourself over breastfeeding, just try your best! Hope you will have a great time bonding with your LO. If want to share experiences, go post on the fb page created by @towkayneo
But hor, E-Csect not GA wan meh?

@the_spinsterella You are up next!!!!!! Jia You!!
E-Csect still have choice to choose GA or (LA/ epidural). Numb half body. U will be awake.

Heh heh! Some mummies can take photographs together w the newborn & hubby immediately after that! But the look will abit chwee
For me they let me see my baby. Then bring out to show my Dh while dr tan doing the stitching. I don't even have the energy to left up my hands

For me they let me see my baby. Then bring out to show my Dh while dr tan doing the stitching. I don't even have the energy to left up my hands

Got take pictures not? :p

My hub took pix of me after labour and wa, super ugly with all the water retention and fatigue :p those are for private viewing only :p

My hub took pix of me after labour and wa, super ugly with all the water retention and fatigue :p those are for private viewing only :p

You mean in labour ward can take pics eh? I thought that time I saw they put a sign that no photos allowed.

I got take pics of myself before ER and ET but I look like mushroom with the OT cap. *faints*

You all got see this fb post on this woman who like brought her whole make up kit and put on her make up at the labour ward? :p I think if it's me, I'll be scared my baby won't recognize me after I wash off all that make up!

You mean in labour ward can take pics eh? I thought that time I saw they put a sign that no photos allowed.

I got take pics of myself before ER and ET but I look like mushroom with the OT cap. *faints*

You all got see this fb post on this woman who like brought her whole make up kit and put on her make up at the labour ward? :p I think if it's me, I'll be scared my baby won't recognize me after I wash off all that make up!

I din know that we are not supposed to take pix :p Anyway, it's just me, my hubs and my LO, the doc and his assistants in the delivery suite. Even my doc took pictures for/with us :p

Hahaha, wa, you got the mood to take pix before ER and ET ah? I was struggling to control the bladder and feeling anxious and all.

Ya la, tink she's more concerned about her vanity. Imagine being in labour for hours and the makeup melt with the perspiration, tears and all. The baby, doctor and hubby could have a big fright!

I din know that we are not supposed to take pix :p Anyway, it's just me, my hubs and my LO, the doc and his assistants in the delivery suite. Even my doc took pictures for/with us :p

Hahaha, wa, you got the mood to take pix before ER and ET ah? I was struggling to control the bladder and feeling anxious and all.

Ya la, tink she's more concerned about her vanity. Imagine being in labour for hours and the makeup melt with the perspiration, tears and all. The baby, doctor and hubby could have a big fright!
Ooh I would love to have a pic of newborn bb after delivery too. It's really life changing experience afterall while I hope I still look human enough after the process lol
If I rem right, that lady did caesarean with epi? so she was keeping to her glamour and having pics take during the op. Her spread of makeup kits and full heavy makeup really too dramatic le. Imagine sekali emergency and they strap the oxygen mask over the face... become opera style joke with the imprint of the mask on the face o_O:p

No. Mine is a E csect due ard 11pm. During the operation, their fire alarm triggered. Scared the hell out of my hell. When I was wheel back to ward is already 2am

Wow congrats babe!! Good to know that everything went well for u & bb. Take care & rest well!

Mummies with Dr handsome & did csec under him, do u all pass him your binder & ask him to bind u up immediately post ops or how it works ah?

Ooh I would love to have a pic of newborn bb after delivery too. It's really life changing experience afterall while I hope I still look human enough after the process lol
If I rem right, that lady did caesarean with epi? so she was keeping to her glamour and having pics take during the op. Her spread of makeup kits and full heavy makeup really too dramatic le. Imagine sekali emergency and they strap the oxygen mask over the face... become opera style joke with the imprint of the mask on the face o_O:p
Waaaah ya lor really best.

Mummies with Dr handsome & did csec under him, do u all pass him your binder & ask him to bind u up immediately post ops or how it works ah?

I did not cos not prepared.....I asked the nurse to measure me when I settled in d the ward so my hubby can help me buy the right binder size instead....

Can get from kkh pharmacy. ..around $50++...den I asked the nurse to help me bind. ..n it really help to have a binder for c-sec

Dr Tan ordered d compression sock for me to wear although ....

I did not cos not prepared.....I asked the nurse to measure me when I settled in d the ward so my hubby can help me buy the right binder size instead....

Can get from kkh pharmacy. ..around $50++...den I asked the nurse to help me bind. ..n it really help to have a binder for c-sec

So far so good? Does the wound hurt and how you bathe?

So far so good? Does the wound hurt and how you bathe?

So far so okay...I can't say good cos I feel the slight pain despite taking painkiller religiously...

I requested to stay another day in hospital cos at home bed not those hospital kinda (can move d bed up/down & etc) n I can foresee I will definitely hv prob with pain management (I considered my treshold of pain middle range as I done surgery before regarding my piles n keyhole for cyst)....

I salute all mummy who done c-sec more den onces (I mean for 2nd lo n more).... I dun think I can go thro' it again man...

So far so okay...I can't say good cos I feel the slight pain despite taking painkiller religiously...

I requested to stay another day in hospital cos at home bed not those hospital kinda (can move d bed up/down & etc) n I can foresee I will definitely hv prob with pain management (I considered my treshold of pain middle range as I done surgery before regarding my piles n keyhole for cyst)....

I salute all mummy who done c-sec more den onces (I mean for 2nd lo n more).... I dun think I can go thro' it again man...

My frens told me the pain will be more manageable after the first week, though after that must still slow down in your movement. But cannot do total bedrest coz some movement will help the wound to heal faster.

The nurse got keep bringing baby to you for breastfeeding? Rem to tell them straight if you prefer to rest wor... they can be real persistant.

My frens told me the pain will be more manageable after the first week, though after that must still slow down in your movement. But cannot do total bedrest coz some movement will help the wound to heal faster.

The nurse got keep bringing baby to you for breastfeeding? Rem to tell them straight if you prefer to rest wor... they can be real persistant.

Thanks for the info shiro_ger ...tt is real comforting news to me for I really scare of the after pain.....n yup I tried walking around my bed area...

My ward nurses still quite nice n not persistant in breastfeeding ...my arms n shoulders really hurt (stiff) from trying to breastfeeding ....n my nei nei felt so sore...

E-Csect still have choice to choose GA or (LA/ epidural). Numb half body. U will be awake.

oh is the post op binder lor. not those vanity binder? or they are the same?

Thanks for the info shiro_ger ...tt is real comforting news to me for I really scare of the after pain.....n yup I tried walking around my bed area...

My ward nurses still quite nice n not persistant in breastfeeding ...my arms n shoulders really hurt (stiff) from trying to breastfeeding ....n my nei nei felt so sore...
use breastpump to stimulate? and start applying cream on nipple ba..

I can imagine her eyeliner or lipstick all smudge n bb shock seeing her mummy haha

The arms hurt coz you are "exercising" your muscles. Shoulder pain maybe coz of your posture. When you go home, try side-lying position when you latch baby? Coz my shoulder is also aching even till now. I seriously think it's bad posture. Sore boobs is common. Try applying breastmilk on the nipple, if not can use nipple cream. If the pain comes from the heavy breast, massage it before you latch or express. Worse come to worst, apply cold cabbage on both sides for a max of 2 hrs. It softens the breasts and helps in expressing. Dun exceed 2 hrs coz cold cabbage is a double-edged sword. Will also reduce supply if prolong use.

Today a lady gave up seat to me in mrt.
I am only 8 weeks lei... Dunno whether to laugh or cry...

Mei, when i was 5 months, people tot i was delivering soon le. 2nd pregnancy usually show faster coz our muscles are more relaxed.
On hindsight, good that it shows. Then pple can give up their seat to you.

U put on the binder will feel less pain. Hang in there

Mei, when i was 5 months, people tot i was delivering soon le. 2nd pregnancy usually show faster coz our muscles are more relaxed.
On hindsight, good that it shows. Then pple can give up their seat to you.
Ya, I agree, my tummy was quite small even after 6 months for my firstborn. Now, people (1-2 occasions) give up seats for me.

Yup first 2 wks there is plenty of pain. Salute all C sect moms... I went thru normal delivery after that like wanna die for next few days when only have a few stitches down there.

U can get breastfeeding pillow. It really reduces the strain on ur arms a lot. As for sore nipples, can only tolerate first til ur nips harden. Try nipple cream, it helps. Hang in there!

Last time I walk like tortoise for the 1st wk. At hospital I crawl down my bed to sit with the binder in late afternoon 2nd day after csect. 3 days discharge. Told my Dh drive very slowly when over the hump. BF the nurse stuff pillow under my arm to support baby.

Hi mummy to be... need some advise. I hv done my oscar test in kkh n the result is low risk but when i went to my private ob yesterday n i saw him my oscar result he mentioned that as my due date is pass by 35 yrs old so oscar will not be the recommended test for me. I should hv done harmony test. My question is why didnt kkh mentioned it to me? N why dr tan order the oscar test for me? Does any mummy to be here over 35 yrs old n only done oscar test?

Hi mummy to be... need some advise. I hv done my oscar test in kkh n the result is low risk but when i went to my private ob yesterday n i saw him my oscar result he mentioned that as my due date is pass by 35 yrs old so oscar will not be the recommended test for me. I should hv done harmony test. My question is why didnt kkh mentioned it to me? N why dr tan order the oscar test for me? Does any mummy to be here over 35 yrs old n only done oscar test?

I am not trying to defend Dr Tan but i definately trust his expectise in his field of work.....

I m 38 years old n done oscar 1st ... cos at 1st test result show nasal nose can't detect...Dr Tan den asked me to do paramo test (same as harmony)

If the test for Oscar test is low risk meaning dun need further test Le isn't it? N if he str away push for harmony test which cost $850+ compare to Oscar ($350+)...would it aso make u wonder y push me for the more expensive test?

N from what I know pte gynae side do harmony test can cost up to 1.4-1.6k...

Last edited:
Me me. I over 35yrs old. I opt for Oscar. If anything, dr tan will follow up with other test. Don't stress yourself

If i am not wrong, the odds presented in oscar (or the FTS) also consider the maternal age. In my case, without the maternal age, my bb had a low risk for T18 and 13. After factoring the maternal age, it was adjusted to super high risk. From dr's point of view, if it is already low risk in the oscar report, why spent additional on harmony, right? And Oscar is 70% accuracy while Harmony 90%. IMHO, that 20% is not a significant difference. Further comparing the cost of oscar and harmony, the former is at least 2.5 times that of harmony.

There will always be comparison between the different tests. I think most important is to trust your gynae's assessment, isn't it? Otherwise, you might want to consider changing to one that you trust. ;)

Ladies, thanks for the advise.. much relieve now... i am stress bcos my ob mentioned that kkh or dr tan might overlook my age 35 so did not recommend harmony test for me.

im 36 n my oscar result is low risk. so no need to spend additional $ for unnecessary test. After the oscar test, the doctor on duty also should have explain to u too!

Back