IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

Oh... Sorry to hear that. Ive failed first fresh and first fet.
Im going for my endo scraping this sept and going for 2nd fresh cycle this sept too insya allah... Im here trying tk gather as much infos that i might have missed out for my previous cycle and trying to do the extras (acupuncture, immunocal, brazil nuts, etc etc) and really hope for a successful pregnancy...
And i wish for you the same too for whatever decision ur gonna make. :)

Marilyn
Thanks for the wishes! Wish u & all the ladies here the best in our ttc journey!

Im 32 this yr & its gonna be my 5th yr ttc too!

Oh... Sorry to hear that. Ive failed first fresh and first fet.
Im going for my endo scraping this sept and going for 2nd fresh cycle this sept too insya allah... Im here trying tk gather as much infos that i might have missed out for my previous cycle and trying to do the extras (acupuncture, immunocal, brazil nuts, etc etc) and really hope for a successful pregnancy...
And i wish for you the same too for whatever decision ur gonna make. :)

Marilyn
Hi, so have u decided where u doing ur next cycle? Also did my hysteroscopy & endo scraping to prepare for my next fresh. Intensive tcm too this round. But juz cant seem to stick to healthy diet coz i luv to eat. Haiz..supplements also on/off..

All the best to u k..ur next journey is next mth! Juz a few weeks away!

Hi, so have u decided where u doing ur next cycle? Also did my hysteroscopy & endo scraping to prepare for my next fresh. Intensive tcm too this round. But juz cant seem to stick to healthy diet coz i luv to eat. Haiz..supplements also on/off..

All the best to u k..ur next journey is next mth! Juz a few weeks away!
Oh im still with kkh sadhana. Yup! Preparations! Hehehe.
You're right. It's hard sometimes to really monitor what to eat and what not to eat. Maybe this time around we really need to discupline ourselves? Haha!
So when's ur next fresh? All the best ya, insya allah.

Marilyn

Oh im still with kkh sadhana. Yup! Preparations! Hehehe.
You're right. It's hard sometimes to really monitor what to eat and what not to eat. Maybe this time around we really need to discupline ourselves? Haha!
So when's ur next fresh? All the best ya, insya allah.

Marilyn
Thanks dear..Not sure when i will be starting next fresh. Thought of starting sept cycle but im having cold feet to go thro all over again..most prob i will postpone til dec or next jan..have to start eating my supplements & healthy fd regularly..not going to be easy i suppose! All the best to u 2!

All the best ladies. I'm breaking my piggy bank and going private. As you could probably tell from my age, I really have to make this happen really soooon!

All the best ladies. I'm breaking my piggy bank and going private. As you could probably tell from my age, I really have to make this happen really soooon!
Hi chuckles!
All the best to you too!
Insya allah everything will be fine for all of us TTC-ing here.
Hugs!

Marilyn

Today is my 11dp3dt. Monday will be my BT. I caved in and POAS yesterday and it came out BFN. Heartbroken and felt hopeless. Cried throughout my Isyak prayer.

Been googling and read stories of people who BFN on HPTs but postivie Beta or those who got positives at 11dp3dt instead. However those are overseas success stories. Wondering if there are any similar stories happening locally.

I do not have many symptoms except crampings everyday and sore bbs. No spotting or bleeding. Trying to muster every little hope left since AF has not arrived.

Was hoping this time would work.. I had so much optimism at the start.. Signs were good..

:(

Hi shakey, dun despair yet. All hopes not lost til BT day. I understand how u feel. There are others in here in SMF but cant rmb which thread wif no symptoms & BFN during poas but got BFP during BT. So dun lose hope yet k babe. I pray that it will be good news for u this mon..

Hi chuckles, *high 5* ! Me too going private next round but macam feeling the pinch hehe..mcm takot nk start again..hope it will work out for all of us soon!

And since af hasn't arrived, pray that it won't for the next 9 months. :) I hope it'll be good news for you.
Hi shakey, dun despair yet. All hopes not lost til BT day. I understand how u feel. There are others in here in SMF but cant rmb which thread wif no symptoms & BFN during poas but got BFP during BT. So dun lose hope yet k babe. I pray that it will be good news for u this mon..

Hi chuckles, *high 5* ! Me too going private next round but macam feeling the pinch hehe..mcm takot nk start again..hope it will work out for all of us soon!

Thank you ladies for your encouragement! I have vowed to stay optimistic until Monday's test and shall accept whatever outcome HE has bestowed on me. This is not the end of the world.

I pray better news for the rest of you this year!

Hi syrian, mind sharing which hospital you will be going to? I'm going to parkway east under dr roland chieng.
The ivf wont be there though. It'll be at sincere ivf center.

To all my awesome ladies, do not be disheartened, insyaAllah He has better plans.

And we hv a gd story to share to others who are also trying or hv given up. May it be ikhtibar to all.

I wld always encourage to do again, if financial permits and provided one have healed physically and emotionally most importantly. I drifted into depression aft 3 failed cycles and used up our savings.
Determined to start work at a new place n further my studies. Alhamdulillah. Conceived naturally. Unplanned.

I am 27. Ttc for 5 yrs. Have bad eggs and husband has low count, low motility n low mortality.

Kisses and baby dusts to all :)

Salam Marilyn,
Apologies for the late reply.. I haven't started acupuncture yet. I will only do so when 1 mth before egg retrieval.. My 1st appt will be on 11 Sept with Prof PC Wong via private at nuh.. I don't know any fertility acupuncture, I actually want to try the first acupuncture shop I saw at Boon Lay hehe..
Any recommendations ladies? And how much are per sessions?

Hi syrian, mind sharing which hospital you will be going to? I'm going to parkway east under dr roland chieng.
The ivf wont be there though. It'll be at sincere ivf center.
Hi chuckles, i'm doing with dr loh frm tfc next round. But im still hanging around to wait for suitable time to start. Still not ready emotionally to start again. Hows dr roland chieng? Hows his pricing?

To all my awesome ladies, do not be disheartened, insyaAllah He has better plans.

And we hv a gd story to share to others who are also trying or hv given up. May it be ikhtibar to all.

I wld always encourage to do again, if financial permits and provided one have healed physically and emotionally most importantly. I drifted into depression aft 3 failed cycles and used up our savings.
Determined to start work at a new place n further my studies. Alhamdulillah. Conceived naturally. Unplanned.

I am 27. Ttc for 5 yrs. Have bad eggs and husband has low count, low motility n low mortality.

Kisses and baby dusts to all :)
Hi missyz, *waves frantically!*
U r one strong lady. I failed twice and was also very depressed for some time. Was emotionally wrecked after those failures til mcm serik nk start lagik. Hope i will muster my courage to start trying again..if im nt mistaken, u went for 1 fresh & 2 fet kan?
Syukur alhamdullilah tat u succeed eventually & naturally! Such a miracle..Thanks for the bb dusts & kisses! Grabbing loads of it! I hope me & the other ladies here will succeed one day..

Hi missyz, *waves frantically!*
U r one strong lady. I failed twice and was also very depressed for some time. Was emotionally wrecked after those failures til mcm serik nk start lagik. Hope i will muster my courage to start trying again..if im nt mistaken, u went for 1 fresh & 2 fet kan?
Syukur alhamdullilah tat u succeed eventually & naturally! Such a miracle..Thanks for the bb dusts & kisses! Grabbing loads of it! I hope me & the other ladies here will succeed one day..

Good morning Syrian,

Hehe yeap Tt's me. One fresh two fet. All 3 mths apart.
Yes I feel u dear. Serik, Seram, stress tahap maksima. I left work in may 2013 to focus on e two fet. Cz I bled thru my lap and 6 days aft my fresh ET cz I had to conduct a fire drill. Oh well.

Blessed to hv a supportive husband and family. I did heal emotionally but very slowly aft e presence of my two furbabies They were my emotional pillows. We also went for holidays/staycations to reconnect as a couple too.

InsyaAllah one day we all will hv our bundle of joy in our hands and shadowing us.
Ultimately it's His decision. If I was made to do ivf den i will. If I was made to adopt, I will too. We dunno until we try.

Important is my awesome ladies must be strong inside n out. It's nt easy for e men too. We hv a forum. Dey don't. Dey don't even share it with their soccer buddies/bffs. Heh.

Muaks muaks muaks.
Enjoy ur sunday! Selamat ber-raya :)

Good morning Syrian,

Yes I feel u dear. Serik, Seram, stress tahap maksima. I left work in may 2013 to focus on e two fet. Cz I bled thru my lap and 6 days aft my fresh ET cz I had to conduct a fire drill. Oh well.

Blessed to hv a supportive husband and family. I did heal emotionally but very slowly aft e presence of my two furbabies They were my emotional pillows. We also went for holidays/staycations to reconnect as a couple too.

InsyaAllah one day we all will hv our bundle of joy in our hands and shadowing us.
Ultimately it's His decision. If I was made to do ivf den i will. If I was made to adopt, I will too. We dunno until we try.

Important is my awesome ladies must be strong inside n out. It's nt easy for e men too. We hv a forum. Dey don't. Dey don't even share it with their soccer buddies/bffs. Heh.

Muaks muaks muaks.

Alhamdulillah for our supportive husbands.. My husband hates me being sad so he kept telling me dont think about it and he was trying to pujuk me and say that we can try again.. I told him that its impossible not to think about it. This is always on our minds.. Even when we got busy with work etc, we still have that thought at the back of our minds.. I asked him if he is disappointed. He admitted he is. I feel soo bad for him. He had to show this strong front for me cos i was already upset and you are right, they dont talk this out with anyone.

This is considered our 3rd time, 2 fresh and 1 fet. The thought of having to go thru it all over again scares me.. Fet is easier because no er but the 2ww is torturing! Wish i can quit my job to focus on these..

But insyallah, we get there someday!

*Woke up with positivity today*

Alhamdulillah for our supportive husbands.. My husband hates me being sad so he kept telling me dont think about it and he was trying to pujuk me and say that we can try again.. I told him that its impossible not to think about it. This is always on our minds.. Even when we got busy with work etc, we still have that thought at the back of our minds.. I asked him if he is disappointed. He admitted he is. I feel soo bad for him. He had to show this strong front for me cos i was already upset and you are right, they dont talk this out with anyone.

This is considered our 3rd time, 2 fresh and 1 fet. The thought of having to go thru it all over again scares me.. Fet is easier because no er but the 2ww is torturing! Wish i can quit my job to focus on these..

But insyallah, we get there someday!

*Woke up with positivity today*
Salaam shakey,

I must agree Tt's how our husbands react mostly. They don't wanna see us sad. Cz we went thru painful ways to try to bring that extra person into e family.
My hubby was sad too. At one point I saw he was crying when he assisted me to e bathroom cz I was alredy bleeding. But all they can do is just be der for us.
Communication is important. Need to talk it out.

Oh yes I hate e 2ww. Days of uncertainty n crazy tots.

U will get there someday. InsyaAllah. He answers our prayers one way or another.
:)

Salaam shakey,

I must agree Tt's how our husbands react mostly. They don't wanna see us sad. Cz we went thru painful ways to try to bring that extra person into e family.
My hubby was sad too. At one point I saw he was crying when he assisted me to e bathroom cz I was alredy bleeding. But all they can do is just be der for us.
Communication is important. Need to talk it out.

Oh yes I hate e 2ww. Days of uncertainty n crazy tots.

U will get there someday. InsyaAllah. He answers our prayers one way or another.
:)

Thank you for the encouragement!
As expected, did my BT today, it is negative. While waiting for the call, i went to the toilet and signs of AF showed up.

Disappointed but its OK. Not too distraught anymore after Friday's grieving.

Wish the rest of you who are still trying all the best.. Hope for better news! Insyallah!

As expected, did my BT today, it is negative. While waiting for the call, i went to the toilet and signs of AF showed up.

Wish the rest of you who are still trying all the best.. Hope for better news! Insyallah!
*hugs...

:-*

Amin insyaAllah

Shakey..*big hug to u* sorry to hear tat..take ur time to recover emotionally & physically..we are strong ladies! Just remember tat! We wil succeed one day..insyallah!

Good morning Syrian,

Muaks muaks muaks.
Hi5 missy! Yesh tats wat im doing now..enjoying couplehood, doing stuff together just the 2 of us..planning for getaways too!

Decided to postpone my next cycle mayb in dec or next jan. Mentally & emotionally not ready to start yet. Told hubby abt the delay & luckily hes ok wif tat thought. He said shd only try when im 100% ready. Delaying for too long till mcm in comfort zone already..

Yeah ladies, i also hate the 2ww! The constant look out of any new symptoms or cramps..the very thought of it, make me shudder..mental torture..

Hi Ladies, I am going ahead with my 2nd fresh this month. I went for the counselling session at the clinic today and totally impressed with how things are run there. Cost wise, not impressed though. hehe... It's a small clinic with 1 operating theatre and a recuperating room. There's a suite for the hubby to sit in with a tv that has a live feed when the doctor is doing the egg extraction. When he gives his army to the clinic, he puts it in a little window that is connected to the lab. No time wastage like in KKH where he told me he had to wait a good half hour with the bottle in his hand. :p
I'm going to rest for a month or two and freeze all the embryos. She said it is good to rid of the hormones from the jabs before putting the embryos in. The embryologist said that there is a 2 % higher chance that it will become a successful pregnancy as compared to a fresh IVF. I'll take a miniscule of a percentage anytime! I'm really excited about this round of IVF. I think it must be the perfume they put in the air con. :D

Dear Shakey and Syrian,
Have faith and everything will fall in its place. I don't know if it will soon be my turn to hold my bundle of joy. Who knows? I just tell myself to be happy and do everything possible. :) Here's a picture I snapped at the clinic. It made me happy to see the first IVF baby so big and strong. It gave me a glimmer of hope.
2014-08-19 21.59.42.jpg

Hi Ladies, I am going ahead with my 2nd fresh this month. I went for the counselling session at the clinic today and totally impressed with how things are run there. Cost wise, not impressed though. hehe... It's a small clinic with 1 operating theatre and a recuperating room. There's a suite for the hubby to sit in with a tv that has a live feed when the doctor is doing the egg extraction. When he gives his army to the clinic, he puts it in a little window that is connected to the lab. No time wastage like in KKH where he told me he had to wait a good half hour with the bottle in his hand. :p
I'm going to rest for a month or two and freeze all the embryos. She said it is good to rid of the hormones from the jabs before putting the embryos in. The embryologist said that there is a 2 % higher chance that it will become a successful pregnancy as compared to a fresh IVF. I'll take a miniscule of a percentage anytime! I'm really excited about this round of IVF. I think it must be the perfume they put in the air con. :D
Hi chuckles, I luv the live feed, its soo cool! Ur hubby can see how ER is being done Live lagik! This will for sure make him feel more involved & appreciate u more for wat u went thro! But not for the faint-hearted though!

No harm going for snow bbies. As long as u feel comfortable & get ur womb ready for them. Have u decided how many to put in?

Its good to think & feel positive abt starting over again. Its takes a great deal of effort to do tat. Just do ur best this round & insyallah your prayers will be answered this time round..amin..So excited for u!!

Wah the 1st IVF bb is all grown up! **envy envy** Hope this pic will give us all encouragemt tat we can all be successful like his parents. Juz keep up the determination & stay positive at all times!

Salaam to all u strong ladies,

never really participated in any ivf forum though its my #2 ivf process. more like a silent member :)
but today a Muslim man gave his view on IVF. well, not exactly a view just like a remark that sumhow invokes curiosity.

I had my #2 ivf OR on Wed, 3rd sept.. and woke up with sharp pains and cramps that nurses gave me a painkiller jab. The cramp continued.. NEVER had this symptoms at ivf #1 so was quite worried.

Anyhow, today Friday after telling the clinic, and they wanted me to take blood test to check if im still ok to go for transfer tmr.. (eggs were not that great though, 6 satisfactory and 1 good). While on the way, the taxi driver told us that he did once too abt last year.. but as a Muslim we can only do once. He cant seem to say or explain why his ustaz had said so.

So yar.. hmm have any of u ladies asked the religious part of this ivf procedure?

Weak argument if you ask me. As muslims, we cannot merely sit and pray. Must put in effort and work at something to make it happen. It doesn't make your health deteriorate so why not? :)

Salam All..

Hope things are looking up for all of you. Had my 1st post appointment with Prof earlier today. He went through with me about the failed FET I did a month ago and he said, everything looked good. The eggs were good, no issues. Its just that the eggs did not implant, reason unknown. He also said that science can only go this far and implantation is nature's course. Of course, in our dictionary, its kuasa Allah. So, we have planned to do another round of FET in January next year. Prof said that I can actually start as early as the next menses cycle but I need to take a break from "mc-ing" and clear issues at work before i resume with the next "fight". I am serious this time not to work during the 2WW. Anyone planning to do FET next year?? Mine will be a medicated cycle so I will start with the drugs most prob end Nov or early Dec. Timing will be just right as it will be shortly after my hols.

Salaam to all u strong ladies,

never really participated in any ivf forum though its my #2 ivf process. more like a silent member :)
but today a Muslim man gave his view on IVF. well, not exactly a view just like a remark that sumhow invokes curiosity.

I had my #2 ivf OR on Wed, 3rd sept.. and woke up with sharp pains and cramps that nurses gave me a painkiller jab. The cramp continued.. NEVER had this symptoms at ivf #1 so was quite worried.

Anyhow, today Friday after telling the clinic, and they wanted me to take blood test to check if im still ok to go for transfer tmr.. (eggs were not that great though, 6 satisfactory and 1 good). While on the way, the taxi driver told us that he did once too abt last year.. but as a Muslim we can only do once. He cant seem to say or explain why his ustaz had said so.

So yar.. hmm have any of u ladies asked the religious part of this ivf procedure?

Salam Queen! Welcome to the forum! Wishing you all the best! So you are currently in 2WW. Enjoy this break and distract yourself or else you will go crazy! Where did you do your IVF btw?

Regarding the religious aspect of this ivf procedure... I did some research online before i embarked on it and I have not read or heard any fatwas restricting Muslims to undergo this treatment more than once. We are allowed to undergo IVF as many times we can as long as the following factors are met:
  • Husband's sperm is used.
  • Wife's egg is used
  • Able to afford financially, emotionally and physically.
As long as its not a surrogacy and it does not deteriorate all 3 aspects above for either husband or wife, its allowed.

Like what @chuckles said, his argument is weak. He cannot said its not allowed and not provide basis for his statement. If in doubt, its best that you check with a certified Islamic scholar. You can also youtube "Islamic Views on IVF".
Hope this helps!

Salam All..

Hope things are looking up for all of you. Had my 1st post appointment with Prof earlier today. He went through with me about the failed FET I did a month ago and he said, everything looked good. The eggs were good, no issues. Its just that the eggs did not implant, reason unknown. He also said that science can only go this far and implantation is nature's course. Of course, in our dictionary, its kuasa Allah. So, we have planned to do another round of FET in January next year. Prof said that I can actually start as early as the next menses cycle but I need to take a break from "mc-ing" and clear issues at work before i resume with the next "fight". I am serious this time not to work during the 2WW. Anyone planning to do FET next year?? Mine will be a medicated cycle so I will start with the drugs most prob end Nov or early Dec. Timing will be just right as it will be shortly after my hols.

Salam Queen! Welcome to the forum! Wishing you all the best! So you are currently in 2WW. Enjoy this break and distract yourself or else you will go crazy! Where did you do your IVF btw?

Regarding the religious aspect of this ivf procedure... I did some research online before i embarked on it and I have not read or heard any fatwas restricting Muslims to undergo this treatment more than once. We are allowed to undergo IVF as many times we can as long as the following factors are met:
  • Husband's sperm is used.
  • Wife's egg is used
  • Able to afford financially, emotionally and physically.
As long as its not a surrogacy and it does not deteriorate all 3 aspects above for either husband or wife, its allowed.

Like what @chuckles said, his argument is weak. He cannot said its not allowed and not provide basis for his statement. If in doubt, its best that you check with a certified Islamic scholar. You can also youtube "Islamic Views on IVF".
Hope this helps!

Thx for replying. I have since forgotten wat that man has said but hopefully he will look into the matter further for his wife's sake.

My last cycle was due to implantation too..Nuting much explained but understandable la... like what u've mentioned this is as much as we can do or within our control... Ultimately it's His decision.. Insya Allah our usaha will not be in vain ...

Wish ur next cycle wld be a smooth sailing one .. Insya Allah.

Now it's time to pile up ur Brazilian nuts and Maca and eggs..

By the way what is medicated cycle?!

Also anyone knows wher to get Maca in SG? I've been getting help from Frens who buy them overseas..

Have a great wkend!

#idecidedtoputmyheartoutofme

Salaam all! I am new here and have booked appt to try for ivf at NUH next week. I feel heartened to see so many muslim women doing this too. Congratulations to all who have succeeded and plenty of patience and doa to those who have been unsuccessful.
Was just wondering if anyone of you ladies have trouble with pap smear (pain or unable to do pap smear) because i am afraid this can hinder my ivf process. Also i have trouble with irregular menses.
Worried that i cant do ivf...

Hello all, am new to this forum and am wondering if this thread is still active? Am desperately seeking support in my TTC journey...

Salam.. I'm new here too. Not new to SGmotherhood forum but just found this thread. :)

I'm doing IVF currently too.

I don't have problem with pap smear or irregular menses but I have endometriosis and adenomyosis.

I think irregular menses is not a problem if it's a medicated cycle. They can help regulate your cycle for the IVF.

As for hindering the process - I don't think painful pap smear will hinder. Maybe the ET will be uncomfortable or painful but I think most ppl will feel the same too. As for the ER, it's done when you are sedated, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Salam, me too in the midst of our off journey :)

My 1st IVF journey.

My initial doc Dr Matthew Lau is on 2 long years leave and was referred to Dr Jerry. Never seen Dr Jeery before though :(

Hope for the best to all of us during this journey :)

My 1st IVF journey.

My initial doc Dr Matthew Lau is on 2 long years leave and was referred to Dr Jerry. Never seen Dr Jeery before though :(

Hi dearestmom,
Congrats on a new n exciting journey.
Dr Matthew lau was my hubby's dr and dr jerry chan was our ivf dr alongside dr sheila loh ( she was e one who initiated e ivf )

I went thru 3 cycles of ivf. I only met dr jerry chan during one of my embryo retrieval and we met again during one of my transfers. Other den tt we nvr met or discuss or had any form of communication. I was told bcz I'm a subsidiary case thus so.

I wish u all the best in ur cycle. It's gonna be a roller coaster but a sure adventure. :)

My 1st IVF journey.

Good luck! :) Hope yours is going wonderfully!

Mine had to be delayed as my progesterone was too high so my embryo was frozen.
I hope it'll survive the thawing as I only have 1. :-/
Should be doing my ET next week.

Hi dearestmom,
Congrats on a new n exciting journey.
Dr Matthew lau was my hubby's dr and dr jerry chan was our ivf dr alongside dr sheila loh ( she was e one who initiated e ivf )

I went thru 3 cycles of ivf. I only met dr jerry chan during one of my embryo retrieval and we met again during one of my transfers. Other den tt we nvr met or discuss or had any form of communication. I was told bcz I'm a subsidiary case thus so.

I wish u all the best in ur cycle. It's gonna be a roller coaster but a sure adventure. :)

I'm currently under Dr Sheila Loh also! :) Was Dr Jerry Chan ok? I heard good things about him.
I think my next IVF I'm switching hospital because it'll be wasted if I don't use the subsidy.

I'm currently under Dr Sheila Loh also! :) Was Dr Jerry Chan ok? I heard good things about him.
I think my next IVF I'm switching hospital because it'll be wasted if I don't use the subsidy.
He is ok. He is a young dr and spoke very little. We only met two times out of my 3 ivf cycles which took a span of 2 years. Hehe. Love love dr sheila loh. She is so motherly and kind and knowledgeable. I was determined to go to raffles to be under her care if had to go for my 4th ivf.

Nvrtheless, have faith. It ll all be alright :)

Salam sisters...glad to hear of sisters going through this journey too.

Anyone undergoing IVF due to male infertility issues?
Salaam dear.

Yes, my hubby had all low results of everything. Low mortality. Low count. Low mobility. And only dr sheila loh spotted e prob n had him referred to Dr Matthew lau. All in kkh.

Found out he had vericose veins over his scrotum and had to hv surgery. And after tt we conceived naturally. Just in time before our 4th ivf try.

So its not all our fault technically. But it took my hub 5 years to finally agree to see a dr and he delayed his surgery for 2 years. All in e name of ego ahaha. We have a healthy boy nw. :) Alhamdulillah

Salaam dear.

Yes, my hubby had all low results of everything. Low mortality. Low count. Low mobility. And only dr sheila loh spotted e prob n had him referred to Dr Matthew lau. All in kkh.

Found out he had vericose veins over his scrotum and had to hv surgery. And after tt we conceived naturally. Just in time before our 4th ivf try.

So its not all our fault technically. But it took my hub 5 years to finally agree to see a dr and he delayed his surgery for 2 years. All in e name of ego ahaha. We have a healthy boy nw. :) Alhamdulillah

Congrats on having a new addition to your family. :)

I be taking from this lady on FB. She had rave reviews. Dapur Ummi Abdullah

$15 for 2 pax. Price including delivery.

I had a bad experience with Dapur Ummi Abdullah unfortunately. I was interested in their 30 days confinement package and so like all other customers, I've made standard enquiries first before making a decision and paying for $870. However, I got a very big disappointment. I've dropped an email or two to their email address and spoken to one of their staffs, Ms. Jan, on the phone as I am unclear about the food in the confinement package. She made it clear to me that it is a new policy that customers who had taken up their confinement package will not be told what dish (eg. Ayam masak merah etc.) will be served to them. I asked why is this so and she said that previously, the menu was given to customers, but in some cases, the ingredients were not in stock or not in the market when Kak Ummi went to buy them in the morning. Because of this, she had to change the dish and this has made many customers unhappy. I DO understand this, and appreciate her specially going to the market to get the fresh ingredients for her customers, but I do not understand why won’t I be let known of what goes into my mouth. I asked MS. Jan a few times to confirm what I’m hearing “So I wouldn’t know AT ALL what goes in my mouth, not even on the day itself?” which she replied “no, it’s not possible”. I even asked what If I called instead (and she don’t have to call me) to ask what dish had I eaten AFTER the delivery? But she said it’s not possible as well. She said that I have to trust Dapur Ummi in what she’s cooking for the customers. The word trust is misused here. Yes, I would trust Dapur Ummi to cook for me but I need to know what goes into my mouth. It is a different story altogether! Ms. Jan was rude and her displeased tone that she used was not professional at all. She said “THIS IS OUR POLICY AND IF YOU’RE NOT OK WITH IT, YOU DON’T HAVE TO TAKE US.” Her exact words. Have Dapur Ummi Abdullah gotten too successful in business they had to treat potential customers with arrogance? I just saw Dapur Ummi facebook page, and I saw some dishes that she is serving for her confinement customers. This is contradicting. I asked for Kak Ummi to give me a callback, perhaps Kak Ummi is able to convey the message differently than Ms Jan, afterall the way and tone the person uses makes a big difference. But Ms Jan told me she can pass on the message to Kak Ummi, but she will not guarantee that Kak Ummi will call me back because she WILL NOT attend to SUCH queries even by other customers and she had ignored many other customers as well. In other words, she’s saying that Kak Ummi is equally arrogant and would not entertain queries from her customers. I am very, very disappointed with the poor service rendered. If it was relayed differently with professionalism, it would have made a huge difference on my opinion towards Dapur Ummi Abdullah. I am sharing with you my bad experience. Perhaps Ms. Jan woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but I sure do not owe her any money on the other line. Disappointing.

@Mummy A. Mayb you can comment at her daily post to get her attention on that matter. PM i think usually read by her staff je. If comment also no jalan, go down her restaurant and look for her and have a nice talk. She always post in FB nice things about her staff so Im sure she doesnt know what is happening. Ms. Jan needs to be reprimanded for sure.

Salam all.. my husband has asthenoteratozoospermia, in another words, for low sperm motility.. any success story on ivf on this? i am 26, husband is 30.. Dr refer me to IVF.. will be seeing Dr Tan HH at KKH on this 25 sept. Anyone here is under Dr Tan ?

Salam all.. my husband has asthenoteratozoospermia, in another words, for low sperm motility.. any success story on ivf on this? i am 26, husband is 30.. Dr refer me to IVF.. will be seeing Dr Tan HH at KKH on this 25 sept. Anyone here is under Dr Tan ?

Hi! I'm not under Dr Tan..but my hubby has the same issue.. So far, Ivf has helped fertilised the eggs .. Ivf - ICSI basically helped to carefully detect the regular sperm and injected it to our best eggs. Technically, our hubbys' issue has a solution.
However, my 2x attempt to Ivf failed .. Because it didn't stick to my womb. This one-- no solution coz like my Doc - Prof PC Wong from NUH actually said the ICSI procedure is how far Science could do or help in conceiving... Whether the fertilised eggs stick to the womb .. No amt of science research has managed to state clearly how the Almighty did it ☺️

anyway, if and when He permits, I'm sure you would be a great mummy .. This Ivf-ICSI
procedure is definitely the only science way for our situation..

Wld luv to hear ur updates

Hi! I'm not under Dr Tan..but my hubby has the same issue.. So far, Ivf has helped fertilised the eggs .. Ivf - ICSI basically helped to carefully detect the regular sperm and injected it to our best eggs. Technically, our hubbys' issue has a solution.
However, my 2x attempt to Ivf failed .. Because it didn't stick to my womb. This one-- no solution coz like my Doc - Prof PC Wong from NUH actually said the ICSI procedure is how far Science could do or help in conceiving... Whether the fertilised eggs stick to the womb .. No amt of science research has managed to state clearly how the Almighty did it ☺️

anyway, if and when He permits, I'm sure you would be a great mummy .. This Ivf-ICSI
procedure is definitely the only science way for our situation..

Wld luv to hear ur updates

Hi... Thank u for the reply. True what u mention.. I guess my ivf is not so soon.. Doc schedule me for hsg. I tot i could start the ivf soon, was abit disappointed he wanted further test coz he said i was still young and ivf is the last resort.. :(

For now, gotta continue popping supplements and pray that i can conceive naturally. What about you whats your next plan?

Back