Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Hi ladies, can i just check, after we passed the first 3 mths, are we still considered as high risked pregnancy or we are now considered a normal pregnancy?

I'm now 4.5mths now so wondering whether is it necessary to get additional insurance.

Thanks!

Hi ladies, can i just check, after we passed the first 3 mths, are we still considered as high risked pregnancy or we are now considered a normal pregnancy?

I'm now 4.5mths now so wondering whether is it necessary to get additional insurance.

Thanks!

My Gynae did ask me to do monthly follow ups like her other "normal patients" instead of the two weekly visits I did during the first three months. This was after seeing I had no pregnancy complications in the first three months besides the one episode of spotting. So I think your doctor will see your case before deciding if you can be seen as a normal pregnancy patient in second trimester onwards or not.

I'm in the midst of purchasing the maternity insurance from AIA. Hubby and I find the coverage more comprehensive. The great eastern one we had to buy only covers for baby in case baby ends up in ICU.

Thanks!
I personally felt it was not high risk... Didn't get any insurance but there were no complications..

hi mrs_tann thanks. actually have been following the ivf support thread. but am asking here cos just like to find out what are the chances like. that's y had apologised in my first opening line knowing this is for ivf mummies. was just really concerned what are the chances i have for my upcoming ivf. thanks a lot anyway for responding! and congrats on ur twins!
Dun give up. My hubby did icsi and they extracted and stored quality sperms for ivf. Unless there is not enough quality sperms extracted, dun see any issue why can't try. Good luck and all the best :)

I think it's bath water trapped inside the folds of belly button skin... usually after shower, I'll use a cotton bub to clean it...
Hope it works for you

just to share..if you intend to breastfeed or pump out milk for your bb, herbal soups DO actually decreases the milk supply..it did for me :(

Thank you for sharing. This is so unexpected, thought those papaya soup is supposed to help. Frankly, I found all those public education on BF brought undue stress on new mommies. For many generations, many of us survive very well on formula milk. Guess, take it easy bah... as long as bbies are drinking, good appetite, formula or BF, will be fine. Most importantly, bbies are happy. Happy bbies are healthy bbies.

To mummies that are intending to enroll your babies in infant care after your maternity leave, is it true that the new ECDA ruling is that you can only put yourself on wait list only if you have a valid birth cert of baby? Ie only when baby is born can u register with up to 5 centres ?

To mummies that are intending to enroll your babies in infant care after your maternity leave, is it true that the new ECDA ruling is that you can only put yourself on wait list only if you have a valid birth cert of baby? Ie only when baby is born can u register with up to 5 centres ?
No u can put on waitlist anytime.

I ever enquired PCF PAP and they replied: this submission can only be made after the birth of your baby as the birth certificate of your child, which acts as the unique identifier, will be required for this registration.

I ever enquired PCF PAP and they replied: this submission can only be made after the birth of your baby as the birth certificate of your child, which acts as the unique identifier, will be required for this registration.
My baby 3 months old already still on waiting list, Punggol PCF Staff said there are 50+ baby in front of us on waiting list, she directly told me don't wait, no chance, go those private ifc. :(

My baby 3 months old already still on waiting list, Punggol PCF Staff said there are 50+ baby in front of us on waiting list, she directly told me don't wait, no chance, go those private ifc. :(

The center I called is my first skool at punggol. .. so this ruling only apply to this center only or ?
Sigh think punggol is new estate hence alot of young kids ...

Kammybear, pcf or my first skool applu the same rule. Only hv birth cert then can register. But at other private ifc, as long as there is vacancy, can straight away register . No need to wait till bb is out

Thank you for sharing. This is so unexpected, thought those papaya soup is supposed to help. Frankly, I found all those public education on BF brought undue stress on new mommies. For many generations, many of us survive very well on formula milk. Guess, take it easy bah... as long as bbies are drinking, good appetite, formula or BF, will be fine. Most importantly, bbies are happy. Happy bbies are healthy bbies.
hmm papaya fish soup dun hv herbs just neutral ones like wolfberries and red dates..those are ok..yup either one is fine as long bb happy:)

Dear ladies, I am very unhappy with the way PEM Confinement Nanny agency has treated my request. After 1.5 months of exploring choices, just as when I was about to zero in PEM as my final choice, they up the price by $150, claiming that they have emailed me 2 days before the price change (though I can't find their email in my inbox at all). When I request that they keep the original quote for me, they rejected it quite outright. Feeling upset as I was in regular emails with the staff, of my interest and was asking questions here and there to clarify. What an utter disappointment as most friends with whom I consult told me that they used PEM. The staff actually told me that the price may vary without prior notice, as a matter of fact. So disappointed seriously. The staff claimed that the requests for December service has gone up, and so the increase!

Dear ladies, I am very unhappy with the way PEM Confinement Nanny agency has treated my request. After 1.5 months of exploring choices, just as when I was about to zero in PEM as my final choice, they up the price by $150, claiming that they have emailed me 2 days before the price change (though I can't find their email in my inbox at all). When I request that they keep the original quote for me, they rejected it quite outright. Feeling upset as I was in regular emails with the staff, of my interest and was asking questions here and there to clarify. What an utter disappointment as most friends with whom I consult told me that they used PEM. The staff actually told me that the price may vary without prior notice, as a matter of fact. So disappointed seriously. The staff claimed that the requests for December service has gone up, and so the increase!
When I signed up with PEM in June, they already told me the price will increase before July so I dun think it is last min or due to increase in demand in dec thus they up their fees... To be honest, they did follow up with me just before the price increase to ensure I'm still
eligible for the old price if I interested to sign up with them. So maybe your case lies with the agent whom you deal with??

When I signed up with PEM in June, they already told me the price will increase before July so I dun think it is last min or due to increase in demand in dec thus they up their fees... To be honest, they did follow up with me just before the price increase to ensure I'm still
eligible for the old price if I interested to sign up with them. So maybe your case lies with the agent whom you deal with??

Thank you for sharing. Somehow the officer that I dealt with, will only convey info over phone but not email.

Thank you for sharing. Somehow the officer that I dealt with, will only convey info over phone but not email.
Ya mine call me on the phone too... So I quickly sign up before the price increase lor... So then how? You found another confinement agency? There's a few around actually. But of course PEM is more establish...

Hi, just to confirm that the cash gift from Govt can be credited to either daddy or mummy bank account while the CDA fund will only meant for the baby bonus account directly opened under the baby after give birth? and it is meant for $1 to $1, up to max of $6k for 1st baby?

Ya mine call me on the phone too... So I quickly sign up before the price increase lor... So then how? You found another confinement agency? There's a few around actually. But of course PEM is more establish...

Got mine at PEM.. Find it ok just that I need to pay a surcharge as I'm booking late. I met up the consultant face to face and cleared some of my questions before signing the contract...

Hi, just to confirm that the cash gift from Govt can be credited to either daddy or mummy bank account while the CDA fund will only meant for the baby bonus account directly opened under the baby after give birth? and it is meant for $1 to $1, up to max of $6k for 1st baby?

Yes for both questions

Thanks. The $6k (not cash gift) is only one time off ?
It's maximum $6k. U may one lump sum put $6k, so gov will also put $6k into the account. Or u put $ which u feel comfortable amount, gov will put equal amount.

My bb's account for example, first month I put $500, then gov put $500. Second month I put $100, gov put $100. This month I put $2000.

$1 to $1, maximum $6k.

Thanks. The $6k (not cash gift) is only one time off ?

U can deposit 6k over a period of 6 years ( if I m not wrong) to get the 1-1 top up from govt.
so what I did for #1 was to put in all her red pkts from manyue, CNY etc into that ac n then use it for her cc fees. But it gets wiped out within 1 year.

U can deposit 6k over a period of 6 years ( if I m not wrong) to get the 1-1 top up from govt.
so what I did for #1 was to put in all her red pkts from manyue, CNY etc into that ac n then use it for her cc fees. But it gets wiped out within 1 year.

May i know what are the expecting expense during 1 year? I goggle around cc fee need already about 1k per month?

@happy_mtb & @Chubby1314, thank you for sharing your experience with PEM. I guess I no "yuan fen" with PEM even though they are supposed to be established. Eventually I signed up with Mommycare Confinement Nanny Services, as recommended by my hubby's colleagues whose friend has set it up today. Price is actually on par with PEM, after the raised price at PEM, but the boss is handling everything himself and first impression is that he is very professional with the services and clear with his communication.

May i know what are the expecting expense during 1 year? I goggle around cc fee need already about 1k per month?

To be honest, it really depends on which cc you choose. My girl is in mindchamps since 20 mths. School fees is abt $1.3k per mth.
But I also have friends who send their kids to other cc which charges abt $500-600 a mth.

Also, need to take into consideration money spent on PD ( they tend to fall sick easily) gd if you have company coverage for your child. But if not, then each PD visit will be approx $150-200? Of course you can also opt to see GP instead.

And if you want send the kids to other enrichment classes like shichida/ Kindermusik

how many mummies here stored cord blood ? how much is the cost? claimable? thks.

I didn't plan to yet. Went for some CordBlood talk and the price looks reasonable but the range of illnesses for which it can cover, is very limited. E.g. it can be used for only a certain type of leukaemia (i.e. AML) and not for ALL. They are quite aggressive at baby fairs.

Dear Mommies to be in 2nd trimester, I am getting more lethargic than before. Feeling a bit demoralised as I can't complete much things except for cooking. Was planning to do more reading, also can doze off. Is anyone feeling the same way? Has anyone started buying bb stuff? My mom always say don't buy until very late. Hmm... does anyone have a shopping list for me to take reference?

Dear ladies, does anyone know if in terms of facilities, costs, and team, whether Thomson or Novena Mount Elizabeth would be a better choice for delivery? I previously heard that the ventilation/circulation at Thomson is not so good. Didn't get to ask Dr Loh on where else he can go.

Dear Mommies to be in 2nd trimester, I am getting more lethargic than before. Feeling a bit demoralised as I can't complete much things except for cooking. Was planning to do more reading, also can doze off. Is anyone feeling the same way? Has anyone started buying bb stuff? My mom always say don't buy until very late. Hmm... does anyone have a shopping list for me to take reference?

next week there is a bb fair. actually almost every month had one. My friend told me actually no need to go such fair as the shopping area will also reduce their price during the fair period.

To be honest, it really depends on which cc you choose. My girl is in mindchamps since 20 mths. School fees is abt $1.3k per mth.
But I also have friends who send their kids to other cc which charges abt $500-600 a mth.

Also, need to take into consideration money spent on PD ( they tend to fall sick easily) gd if you have company coverage for your child. But if not, then each PD visit will be approx $150-200? Of course you can also opt to see GP instead.

And if you want send the kids to other enrichment classes like shichida/ Kindermusik

wow so high . . . think i better sign up company coverage.

how many mummies here stored cord blood ? how much is the cost? claimable? thks.

For me, I am still deciding whether to store at private OR donate to the public bank at this point of time. There are Cons and Pros to be considered. So far, I have only met up with the Cord Ambassador at KKH on the public cord bank.. I will still want to meet up with the representatives from the private. Just see how along the way.

Last edited:

Same here as well.. But I try to do more exercises such as walking to boost up my energy level. I got some bb stuff from freebies and friends such as baby cot, breast pumps, diaper changing mat etc. I will make some purchases from August and October Fair to spread out my expenditures. For Oct, mostly pre-order and collection as I'm afraid that I am too heavy to walk around by then.

Same here as well.. But I try to do more exercises such as walking to boost up my enegy level. I got some bb stuff from freebies and friends such as baby cot, breast pumps, diaper changing mat etc. I will make some purchases from August and October Fair to spread out my expenditures. For Oct, mostly pre-order and collection as I'm afraid that I am too heavy to walk around by then.

Harlow Chubby, thank you for sharing. I am so afraid of walking around in crowds at fair. Keep protecting tummy with hands. Spreading out expenditure is good. I think the first thing to get ready for me, is to empty a room for baby. Have you discussed with Dr what kind of delivery you are thinking of? Or would Dr advise if there are options?

Have already started. Quite interesting so far.. Me so far so good.. Always try to stay positive and walk around often. How about you? Believe you have been doing well so far... just keep extra doses of happiness in you ya.

I just signed up with KK for the classes and only starting this Sat. Staying positive is so important. :) I have been waking up at early mornings like 5am to drink milk, without which I can't get back to sleep. But feeling zombie thereafter and can't do much stuff.:confused: When it comes to night time, enjoy reading stories to bb, thinking that she will understand:p Btw, is yours a boy or girl?

Harlow Chubby, thank you for sharing. I am so afraid of walking around in crowds at fair. Keep protecting tummy with hands. Spreading out expenditure is good. I think the first thing to get ready for me, is to empty a room for baby. Have you discussed with Dr what kind of delivery you are thinking of? Or would Dr advise if there are options?

Not yet discussed with doc on this. What about you? Already discussed on the birth plan and type of delivery? In regards to your queries on TMC or MEN, any conclusion? Most MTBs seems to go for MEN....newer hence better on the overall? Try to go for their maternity wards tour, it might help to see which one you are comfortable.. Aiming for single room?

I just signed up with KK for the classes and only starting this Sat. Staying positive is so important. :) I have been waking up at early mornings like 5am to drink milk, without which I can't get back to sleep. But feeling zombie thereafter and can't do much stuff.:confused: When it comes to night time, enjoy reading stories to bb, thinking that she will understand:p Btw, is yours a boy or girl?

Oops, we might 'see' each other this sat! Haha.

Not yet discussed with doc on this. What about you? Already discussed on the birth plan and type of delivery? In regards to your queries on TMC or MEN, any conclusion? Most MTBs seems to go for MEN....newer hence better on the overall? Try to go for their maternity wards tour, it might help to see which one you are comfortable.. Aiming for single room?
Hi Chubby, just saw Dr yesterday. He said depending on bb's head facing downwwards. He seemed to think its too early to discuss and gave me a flustered look. I did the test yesterday and realised I got GTD, got to control carbo.. feeling alittle sianz.

My Gynae did ask me to do monthly follow ups like her other "normal patients" instead of the two weekly visits I did during the first three months. This was after seeing I had no pregnancy complications in the first three months besides the one episode of spotting. So I think your doctor will see your case before deciding if you can be seen as a normal pregnancy patient in second trimester onwards or not.

I'm in the midst of purchasing the maternity insurance from AIA. Hubby and I find the coverage more comprehensive. The great eastern one we had to buy only covers for baby in case baby ends up in ICU.
I bought the AIA policy too. Transferred to baby once she was born, and settled her hospitalization plan quickly. No regrets. She kena hfmd at 3mo and was hospitalized so we could claim for those expenses.

I was bleeding in 3rd trimester, probably due to low placenta, and hospitalized for threatened premature labour. My first two trimesters were relatively ok so gotta be careful throughout the whole pregnancy.

Back