MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

Hooohooo! my boy was discharged yesterday! Which is good cos celebrated my birthday together:):) took first picture together as a family of four:):) precious moments really...

Total bill for him and his sister was $3k plus before insurance claims:) so it is a huge relief!
Congrats Lambi!! Am so happy for you!! :)

Calm down can gal..stress can lead to early labour..maybe just that bbs are turned but not engaged..like my case their heads were down in late tri2..my gynae wasnt that worried that time too..just moniter their weight and bloodflow to brains and placenta..can rest at home and try to minimise walking?

Yah head down is ok ... My gal was also head down since quite early...

Hmm did u get any insurances for ur case? For mine cos ivf bbs and they r with compulsary insurance from great eastern life..might be a good idea to get insurance if u hv no prior complications now to prep..
No.. I didn't get any insurance yet. I thought insurance doesn't cover for premature babies ?

Congrats ellesie!! Very good weight!! Well done mommy! All the hard work was worth it!! :)

I'm waiting for my turn next... Monday is the day! Gynae says I'm already having contractions now.... Though not regular... Hope can hold till my c section on 22june.
Wah, jia you oohlahlah. Waiting for ur good news. Try to minimise walking so can reduce ur contraction frequency .are u on medication for ur contraction?

Hooohooo! my boy was discharged yesterday! Which is good cos celebrated my birthday together:):) took first picture together as a family of four:):) precious moments really...

Total bill for him and his sister was $3k plus before insurance claims:) so it is a huge relief!
Great news, lambi. Wah, the fee was low. Good thing. If in private , i think tat equals to 1~2 days nicu charges only.

@shaoosmama: dunno e total bill yet. But for e twin package, hosp is about 6k plus. My gynae fee is another 6k. My bbs are only 2 days old. I just had my csect yest. When is urs?

Ya i pre registered for the twins package. I mean how many weeks u delivered your twinnies? Who is your gynae?
Anyway speedy recovery!

Ya i pre registered for the twins package. I mean how many weeks u delivered your twinnies? Who is your gynae?
Anyway speedy recovery!
They were delivered at 36w+5d. My gynae is dr fong yang but he was away for conference. So twinnies were delivered by replacement gynae, dr Cathryn chan

Thx @oohlahlah & @Lambi :)
I've bern talking to them both to turn back up since gynae said still got space for them to move. I guess Curz of the contractions my gynae worried about pre term labour also. I'm trying to rest more but still working. :eek:
Hoping to lessen my work soon....no more leave so I just got to go work... And is busy time now. Sigh!

Congrats!! Now can spend quality time with both babies. Not bad ur bill is super cost efficient! Another load off ur mind

@ellesie sorry ah... Can find out more about the bill? Hospital 6k plus is the whole thing including the epidural and pedi fee?

Cos I am also worried that Mt A will be full and can't get a single room... So has always been double mind about going Mt E Novena. What do you think your estimated total bill will be?

Wah, jia you oohlahlah. Waiting for ur good news. Try to minimise walking so can reduce ur contraction frequency .are u on medication for ur contraction?
No medication... Doctor says if in labour, then just go to the hospital.
Are your stitches the dissolvable kind or need to be removed?

No.. I didn't get any insurance yet. I thought insurance doesn't cover for premature babies ?
hmm I think there are a few to choose from just that im not sure if they cover preemies too not but I tot that is one of the points that we get insurance mah..to cover just in case..hmm..

wah..since yesterday (post birth 2 weeks+) was feeling so much pain in tummy area..almost like appendicitis...those after c-sect..get painkillers ready..

@Lambi: sounds bad. Actually i also keep feeling getting more painful as days gone by.dunno when will e pain go away. I just stop my painkiller for a day n i already feel the difference. I think i need to get e painkiller again

@Lambi: sounds bad. Actually i also keep feeling getting more painful as days gone by.dunno when will e pain go away. I just stop my painkiller for a day n i already feel the difference. I think i need to get e painkiller again
Hi Ellesie, hope u r coping well.
Im so scared cuz im allergy to painkillers n panadols. So dono if there's other replacement.
U discharging today?

@shaoosmama: yes, im discharged today. I think there shud be painkiller tat u are not allergy too? Today im back to take painkiller. Yest without it, really tough. I rather guai guai take it.

@shaoosmama: yes, im discharged today. I think there shud be painkiller tat u are not allergy too? Today im back to take painkiller. Yest without it, really tough. I rather guai guai take it.
Not sure. Because im classified under "Nsaids". Anyway, hows thr bill like? Your bbs got stay in nicu? Im planning to csect at 35+6days. Which is an auspicious date else will be on 38weeks which i dono if i am able to carry till then.

Yes! Must at least 2types pain killers for first 2-3weeks then taper off..

Hi Ellesie, hope u r coping well.
Im so scared cuz im allergy to painkillers n panadols. So dono if there's other replacement.
U discharging today?
Im also allergic to ibuxprofen so doc gave another type..so dun worry there should be another group of painkillers suitable for u:)

@ellesie... I was at Mt E Novena jus now to ask for the package pricing... I know it's abt $6700 for the hospital package. But can I check wif u wats the pedi and anseth fee?

Oh no I'm so scared.... I think I will keep taking the painkiller...

I've scheduled a newborn photography session for my twins on their 12th day.... Do you think I will be well enough to go then?

Ellesie, Lambi

Ask a silly question... I bought a binder size S, it is too small for me now. After the caesarean, how much will the tummy reduce by? Should I get a size M binder or try to fit into the size S?

Congrats lambi and ellesie! Anyone breastfeeding their twins? It's been 2 months for me but only manage to fully breast feed one and half breast feed/formula one (lower birth weight twin on high calorie formula for premmie) because she doesn't latch well. Can only seem to produce enough for 1.5 babies. So tiring to pump and feed and latch :s Anyone else breastfeeding both? How do you handle night feeds? got any tips?

@tangoesrulez: my bbs can say on 90% fm. They can latch but i got issue with flat nipple n im house calling lc tomo to help. I also suffer bad engorgement n not able to pump out much. U are already doing much better than me. As of now, i din handle bbs much, left to cl. My backache,csect wound and engorgement already almost drive me insane. So in order to stay sane, i just let them on fm first. Sorry cant give much help. But u are already doing very well. Keep it up

@ tangoesrulez, I pump out exclusively and occasion bf both twins... My supply is enuff for 1 twin for a day thus feed both ebm and fm... Mostly for night we goes for fm so that can last longer... Day will be ebm cos I had some surplus of ebm so can filled both boys

@ ellesie, ur c sect still pain?? U went bk review already? U will be reviewed by dr FY or dr Cathryn Chan??? Remember to tighten ur binder and ur c sec wound will not be pain... U must pump n massage ur engorge breast in order to clear it... If not, filled a milk bottle with hotwater n rolled onto ur breast to clear it... I took 2 days to clear my engorgement and get my twin to suck to faster clear it...

@puppy2006: the pain is on and off. Tomo go back for review with dr fong. I had massage lady to clear for me ,now already much better but still cant pump out anything n still hard. My twins cant grab e nipple so their sucking not really effective.

Thanks ellesie and puppy2006.

Ellesie, I also took some time to recover from Csect. Then slowly build milk supply from mostly formula to mostly breast milk. Lucky one twin latches well, so use her and pump to stimulate milk for other twin also. Jia you! It's hard work but feels good to be nourishing the little ones.

Puppy2006, I also feed ebm day for both and latch one at night, other one feed formula. Does anyone help you with night feeds? Do you feed both together or one after another? I use to feed both on pillow at same time but now they fussy and keep turning head so hard to feed on pillow. Hubby needs to work during the day so try not to make him wake up to help me. But feed one after another like no need to sleep at night liao. Still need to pat them back to sleep then pump after feed 0.0

Ellesie, Lambi

Ask a silly question... I bought a binder size S, it is too small for me now. After the caesarean, how much will the tummy reduce by? Should I get a size M binder or try to fit into the size S?
not silly question lah..For me tummy is considerably smaller..and skin is saggy lol..hmm im actually a L size prior..so I stick to L ..if you are S prior maybe stick to S ba?

Congrats lambi and ellesie! Anyone breastfeeding their twins? It's been 2 months for me but only manage to fully breast feed one and half breast feed/formula one (lower birth weight twin on high calorie formula for premmie) because she doesn't latch well. Can only seem to produce enough for 1.5 babies. So tiring to pump and feed and latch :s Anyone else breastfeeding both? How do you handle night feeds? got any tips?
Im not 100% breastfeeding lah..I pump out and bottle feed. I managed to have enough for both twins..one is currently on 70ml and another 90ml every 3 hrly. Wow you are good already! Able to latch on! Dun stress yourself. Stress lowers milk production too. Just keep on expressing every 3hrly and see if supply goes up? This was what the LC told me, the brain will tell breasts to replenish supply de..oh and i'm taking a breastfeeding tea my hb got for me. It's rather good I find. My bbs have less gas in tummy too! Which I find it's a huge relief cos the gas actually keeps them awake sometimes..

On night feeds---headache!!:eek::eek::eek: just that other night, I barely had 1 hour sleep! Cos one woke up the other and they both needed attention and milk.. But we found a way to stick to 3hrs feedings and if bbs are sleeping, wake them up to feed them, then you'll manage to catch at least 2 hrs sleep in between. Just that a bit tough at first..

Hi everyone
I just had my c section this morning. Baby boy is 2.56 and girl is 2.51kg. They have been given formula and colostrum via syringe because they are too sleepy to latch. Also they have regurgitated a few times today, so under observation in nursery now.

Ellesie Jia you, I believe the milksupply will come in later when we pump more. Otherwise just give whatever we have lor.

Congrats, @oohlahlah. Ya, im not bf nazi actually. Haha. So i just give watever i hv. I need to fully utilize this one month to recuperate cos next month will be lone fighter with e bbs. Both ur bbs are good size. Take care.
@joshua, my appt is today at 4.30. Will b early at mt e nov to register my bbs birth then go to dr fong's clinic. Wat time is urs?

@Lambi: ur supply is good. U can manage to produce enough for them. I hv pathetic supply. Only 20ml even 3 hourly pump. I will start on supplement now since e engorgement is already better.

@joshua: oops. Experience wise is ok at mnh but during day time they mighy b short handed,so will take longer to attend especially when discharge tat day. Told me can discharge by 11 end up hv to wait till 1. For bill wise, hospital n doc fee , charges is 13k before medisave. Bbs bill is 1k each before medisave.

congrats oohlahlah!

how many weeks were you yesterday morning!
37 weeks. Babies considered small size. Yesterday boy had to be in special care because of breathing difficulties. Today baby girl is in special care because of vomitting.

Breastfeeding is actually least of my concern now.

37 weeks. Babies considered small size. Yesterday boy had to be in special care because of breathing difficulties. Today baby girl is in special care because of vomitting.

dont stress over milk supply, my dear..
most importantly, enjoy the process of motherhood! we have all come so far!
BM is good but for many many years before, doctors were advocating for FM instead due to all the added vitamins !

Last edited:
@Lambi: ur supply is good. U can manage to produce enough for them. I hv pathetic supply. Only 20ml even 3 hourly pump. I will start on supplement now since e engorgement is already better.
The LC recommended to rub the areola before expressing to stimulate the flow, cos it is due to blockage at the area that milk is unable to flow out, your 20ml is rather good already cos you hv only given birth on 16th..i had about 10ml ard that time..

Oh? Why you on your own? Me too after next Friday 3rd, i'll be on my own with bbs cos my hubby will be leaving us to work overseas..i really dread that...

Congrats!! Hope your baobeis can get well soon and get discharge asap!

Congrats ohlahlah! Hopefully can reunite with babies soon. My twins were separated for 2 weeks and it was so nice to have them back together.

Will be difficult with 2 babies alone. Jia you lambi and Ellesie.

My advice is don't be too bothered by the crying. Sometimes you cant help it when you need to tend to one baby at a time. Even with a helper I find it difficult to cope because I have a needy 2 yr old too. And now twins are 2 mths old they need help falling asleep. First month sleep so easily on their own.

Hey Lambi
When your baby was in NICU, did u pump for her? If you milk doesn't come in by then, did you give her formula?
Yes gave consent for formula if they hungry and cry for milk..no choice cos few 3-4 days after is very little milk from me, then subsequent days when milk supply enough for 1bb i prioritized my boy cos he is much smaller, then girl on formula

Yes gave consent for formula if they hungry and cry for milk..no choice cos few 3-4 days after is very little milk from me, then subsequent days when milk supply enough for 1bb i prioritized my boy cos he is much smaller, then girl on formula
I'm very sad... Now both twins are in special care and girl is on drip because she keeps regurgitating her milk. Now I pray and hope my supply come in so that she can have breast milk... She probably can't take the formula

@oohlahlah: hugs. So sorry to hear tat. Do u try to latch or pump regularly? Doesn't matter ur supply hvnt kicked in, u need to stimulate so it will come faster. She's on normal formula or premmie formula? My bbs were given premmie formula. N i just manage to clear my engorgement n learn how to latch. Hope soon can increase my supply to replace fm. Stay strong, mommy.

@oohlahlah: hugs. So sorry to hear tat. Do u try to latch or pump regularly? Doesn't matter ur supply hvnt kicked in, u need to stimulate so it will come faster. She's on normal formula or premmie formula? My bbs were given premmie formula. N i just manage to clear my engorgement n learn how to latch. Hope soon can increase my supply to replace fm. Stay strong, mommy.
Thanks Ellesie. Yes I'm hand expressing or pumping every 3 hours to build up supply.
Glad your engorgement is cleared. Jia you to all of us!

Back