(2014) ivf mummies support group

My bb fall off the bed on Friday morning. Scare the hell out of me. Luckily he is ok, only hurt his lip. Now don't dare to leave him alone on the bed .. He has learn to crawl backward... I haven't start purée yet, maybe coming week. I bought the avent on metro fair 2 weeks ago at $169. So I got it at 10$ more expensive than taka...

my baby is still sucking pacifier.. My mum said no need to stop him he will stop himself .... Don't know zhun or not...

My bb fall off the bed on Friday morning. Scare the hell out of me. Luckily he is ok, only hurt his lip. Now don't dare to leave him alone on the bed .. He has learn to crawl backward... I haven't start purée yet, maybe coming week. I bought the avent on metro fair 2 weeks ago at $169. So I got it at 10$ more expensive than taka...

my baby is still sucking pacifier.. My mum said no need to stop him he will stop himself .... Don't know zhun or not...

No leh I got know of children who are still on pacifier when they are 3-4 yr old

i bought the red tin.. wonder if its too sweet too...will start aft baby turns 6m.. soon..

i started 2giv formula coz expressed breastmilk not enough for sch.. i muz say formula taste is richer! n somehow it causes baby 2poo easily n more smelly poo...

Kitkats, yeah DH always says our policy towards our girl is "cannot trust her" as in we can't leave her alone unguarded so now when we leave her on bed, we will make sure we put pillows and bolsters to guard the perimeter of the bed. There was one time I left her on the bed with one side not guarded. I thought I'll just be away for a while. In the end, when I came back, she was already at the edge of the bed. Scare the hell out of me man! Then I kept telling her what if she has fallen down, how I am going to answer to her daddy.

Yeah I saw the set selling at $169 at Metro sales at Expo 2 weeks ago. The set that I bought from Taka is $159 with the plate set and free pillow and bolster. Actually wanted to go to the Philips Carnival Sales but we missed the opening hours yesterday and we don't think we wanna go there today.

Kitkats my girl also fell off the bed in the middle of the night. She doesn't know how to crawl yet but she can turn flip roll even when sleeping and somehow make her way from sleeping beside me to the bottom of the queen size bed. After that I bought bed guard rails. Luckily she is ok. Ya I also see some kids like 3-5 still sucking on pacifier. But heard boy sometime easier to kick habit. The somehow got the ego thingy. Say u are boy big already cannot suck on pacifier already wait others laugh etc. my friend did this to her boy when he is 2 and immediately he stopped!

Did U all train your baby how to crawl? My girls still doesn't know also.

Kitkats, my girl also fell of the bed even tho we surrounded her with pillows & bolesters.. she kicked the bolster off the bed and roll over to the flr.. scared the hell out of me too! when i heard her cries n saw she not on the bed but on the floor... Felt very bad n told ourselves will nv leave her on the bed on her own ever since.. will put her in her cot if we need to leave the room even for a very short while..
faithfully, even with bolsters n pillows surrounded also not safe as my girl legs very strong n she flips very quickly.. ended up on the flr.. super guilty after tt...
Iwantahealthybaby, haven train them to crawl yet but both knows how to turn & rotate & move themselves from one location to another

my girl also fell off from th bed even when i put pillow beside her. she rolled on top of the pillow and fell to the floor. i felt so bad. some more, she slept beside me.

Exactly Haley. My girl also sleep beside me and I was so tired I didn notice her flip move rotAte. Cheery same my younger girl legs very strong and love moving to another position by twisting turning flipping lol.

So quite a lot of us experience the baby falling off bed. It's really scary. Because of this I'm thinking to go bedless all sleep on floor mattress.

I see.. So many us experience that... Yes I agreed that pillow n bolster as a guard is no use coz I saw my bb can kick the bolster off too...

My girl the leg also very powerful. My girl can be in the sleeping positron and crawl like ma chiam swimming backstroke by using her backside and drag herself backwards. She keeps jumping and jumping if we carried her.
Btw i tasted the nestle rice green tin is indeed sweet. Mine is free goodies bag given by nestle.
Faith, your girl so good can sit on any high chair. Mine only wants to move and move. She is just a crying baby. This cry that cry. Don't know why my girl recently goes baby spa cry cry. Think she knows what is scare already. Last time maybe young blurr blurr just swim.

my experience with high chair is we sit them in and when we start eating they cry. they cant sit long nothing to do. then when we order food by time food come they also grow tired of sitting already so started crying and whinning. overall I think faith baby like very easy and good to accommodate. mine and bud one like super difficult to please hahaha.

I think all our babies have reached another stage already. Kick, roll and before we know, they will start crawling, walking.

Iwahb, you mean when you are outside eating, you already put them on high chair? I haven't done that.

yes faithfully already start putting them on high chair. my elder is better in supporting herself. younger is slowly picking up. the thing is just they doesn't like to sit there entertain themself. everytime they start fussing before our meals come lol.

I wanna ask how much plain water to give to baby after solids?

I give 1 to 2 teaspoons of plain water after I feed her 1 tsp of cereal to 5 tsp of BM.

guess what yesterday I cook barley water for my girls and my younger drink 160ml total for the whole day I don't know is it too much water other than milk but she urine a lot yesterday.

Other than cereal what other food have u started feeding? My baby doesn't enjoy plain porridge. So back to cereal.

Actually I don't really know how the infant care food taste. They wrote down porridge, cereal, rusks etc. verbally teachers told me the porridge cook with chicken, fish and even vegetables. I wonder my girls like it a not. Personally I haven't try giving to them cause mon to fri IFC will feed them so when back I just give milk. Weekend I usually bring them out so again only milk. But when we seated down for meals I give them the baby biscuit.

I bought pigeon sippy cup but the girls doesn't seems to drink from it. Try Avent then realise my girls love to bite the tip. Both don't really drink from it. Saw my buddy nuk sippy looks easy to use maybe shall try that.

I also bought Pigeon Spout Cup Step 2 5m+. I haven't let my girl try.

I googled and it says top 5 food to introduce at 6 months old are pear (cooked or very ripe), cooked apple, carrot, sweet potato, and banana. But I think we can just introduce any food as long as they are not under the category that may cause allergies. For example, peanuts, seafood, etc.

ImageUploadedByForum1431961954.068802.jpg

I remember reading from a book and which mentioned to start with potatoes, then sweeter stuff like carrot, sweet potatoes... pureed
Then at 8 mths can start with finger food like carrot stick

How do u add bm? Warm 5ml in bottle then add to fruit or food?

Ete, I warmed up my chilled ebm yesterday. I scooped 5 teaspoons of ebm into Nuk glass milk bottle and warmed up the milk by putting the glass milk bottle and hot water into a cup.

Today I pumped out before I prepared the avocado so I didn't warm up the ebm. Just add in at room temperature before I chilled the ebm.

If not, you can hand express some if you think warming up so little of ebm is a hassle. That's what I intend to do tomorrow.

Oh but I'd be in office when my mum prepares food for him. Was thinking if there's an easier method else just continue with adding water.
Think I'd continue with nestle cereal since it's iron fortified. Can't remember if moon rabbit is iron fortified or not.

ete for puree I didn add any water or bm. I just smashed the avocado and give straight. I started with adding ebm by hand expressing but later on I just give pure one. I have let them try sweet potato too. I just let them ownself take and eat. didn eat a lot of cause. just let them try. my elder eat mango before too. wanted to give younger try too but that day she doesn't want to sit at high chair so no mango for her. my elder love mango. anyway I think my elder can take sour stuff quite well. she don't have change in facial expression when taste sour stuff. I ever let her taste lemon before like just put in mouth she keep wanting to suck and when I do the same for my younger her face change lol. the mango which my elder eat when I tasted I thought it taste sour but she like eat till very sweet.

Ete, did you buy the nestle rice cereal (green tin)? I thought the green tin is supposed to mix with milk, either BM or FM? Only the red tin (brown rice) and blue tin (rice) come with pre-mix with milk.

Talking about food, it is my favourite topic haha.. Ok let me share about cooking for my girl. All fruits must be cooked e.g. apple, pear etc except for avocado and banana can just mashed but I blend as more fine.
M girl eat 2 meals of porridge a day ever since she reaches her 6 months. My mum will cook the ikan billis with dried scallop soup (or any soup base), then pour the soup into the slow cooker and add rice (must soak in water first) and let it cook by itself. Sometimes we will add 1 piece of fish/meat and 1 teaspoon of eu yan sang the si shen brown rice into the porridge (1 hr before feeding time) . Then we will prepare mixed vegetable like very very little of carrot with potato or broccoli or etc into the avent steamer/blend and steam. After steaming, we will flip over and add the 1 piece of cooked fish which was previously cooked in the porridge and blend (balance diet). I only add in fish to blend if talking about meat, if other meats just cook with the porridge only and take out not giving her to eat one. My girl will eat the porridge with puree daily.
My cereal is standby for Sunday when she is at my house I lazy to cook porridge as usually cook must cook for 2 meals. So I will just give her cereal with puree.
Nestle (green tin) must add with milk if only serving with that, I add with puree so ma chiam is like porridge with puree still balance diet. I think once I finish nestle brand I will stop. I still prefer moon rabbit as not so sweet.
Haha I only cook during weekend as weekdays my mum is taking care of her. I wake up like 5 to 6am in the morning to cook the soup/porridge. Puree is usually 1 hr before her feeding time then I do. The balance Puree I will put inside Nuk Glass bottle same as faith haha. Once it is cool then I will put in fridge. Evening time, I will take warm up the puree with the Nuk warmer (smallest warmer I can find)

Last edited:
lynn-as long as got weight gain ok liao... which injection she took?? admire ur mum n ur effort in preparin porridge! ifc certainly will not hav this level of effort n good meals!

Talking about food, it is my favourite topic haha.. Ok let me share about cooking for my girl. All fruits must be cooked e.g. apple, pear etc except for avocado and banana can just mashed but I blend as more fine.
M girl eat 2 meals of porridge a day ever since she reaches her 6 months. My mum will cook the ikan billis with dried scallop soup (or any soup base), then pour the soup into the slow cooker and add rice (must soak in water first) and let it cook by itself. Sometimes we will add 1 piece of fish/meat and 1 teaspoon of eu yan sang the si shen brown rice into the porridge (1 hr before feeding time) . Then we will prepare mixed vegetable like very very little of carrot with potato or broccoli or etc into the avent steamer/blend and steam. After steaming, we will flip over and add the 1 piece of cooked fish which was previously cooked in the porridge and blend (balance diet). I only add in fish to blend if talking about meat, if other meats just cook with the porridge only and take out not giving her to eat one. My girl will eat the porridge with puree daily.
My cereal is standby for Sunday when she is at my house I lazy to cook porridge as usually cook must cook for 2 meals. So I will just give her cereal with puree.
Nestle (green tin) must add with milk if only serving with that, I add with puree so ma chiam is like porridge with puree still balance diet. I think once I finish nestle brand I will stop. I still prefer moon rabbit as not so sweet.
Haha I only cook during weekend as weekdays my mum is taking care of her. I wake up like 5 to 6am in the morning to cook the soup/porridge. Puree is usually 1 hr before her feeding time then I do. The balance Puree I will put inside Nuk Glass bottle same as faith haha. Once it is cool then I will put in fridge. Evening time, I will take warm up the puree with the Nuk warmer (smallest warmer I can find)

I thought shell fish like scallop should be taken after 1 yr old due to allergic symptoms. Ikan bilis contain very high sodium so is best not to let ur gal take too much not good for kidney. If use ikan bilis muz soak in water for at least 2 hours then after that rinse off the water n wash again to clear off any excess salt in it. Then u can go cook.
There's 1 mummy share with us that she came across this mummy which has no time to cook n everyday buy outside food for the children to eat end up the children diagnose with kidney failure. So if can avoid all high sodium products.

Omg! That's bad! So young kidney failure. Actually I'm wondering if my IFC cook they got put salt anot. By right shouldn right. I see that they feed cereal daily in one of the meals and I guess this cereal they use should be sweet one. Don't think they use moon rabbit.

My girls also very small. Gaining very slowly. Still in 25%. Consider small side. I felt a bit bad actually when I see my friends baby 1mth already 5kg while mine 6mths only 7.3kg. There are some twins who born premature tiny but gaining weight super fast too. So I don't think it's they pop small :(

Yup Snow, of course we soak the ikan billis and we also understand about the salt contents. Dried Scallops should be fine as my girl is on HA milk and i think many of us are example of eating that from growing up. I just use that to cook the soup for the taste not blending it to let her eat.

Yup Snow, of course we soak the ikan billis and we also understand about the salt contents. Dried Scallops should be fine as my girl is on HA milk and i think many of us are example of eating that from growing up. I just use that to cook the soup for the taste not blending it to let her eat.

U can try pork stock, chicken stock, even abc stock, jap style stock or vege stock all this stock has the natural flavour. Sometimes muz change the stock no need everyday ikan bilis n scallop de

U can try pork stock, chicken stock, even abc stock, jap style stock or vege stock all this stock has the natural flavour. Sometimes muz change the stock no need everyday ikan bilis n scallop de
Haha yes we did also. If is me i will drink until boring too.. wow jap style stock got recipe?
Let's talk about cooking and share. Anyone want to share on other stock recipes? Hehe any other yummy recipes?

Haha yes we did also. If is me i will drink until boring too.. wow jap style stock got recipe?
Let's talk about cooking and share. Anyone want to share on other stock recipes? Hehe any other yummy recipes?

I bought the baby book which Ben Yeo published de. Inside there's this jap style stock using konbu n bonito flakes

see you all prepare so deli food I am so guilty. weekends I only busy bringing them out no time cook and feed. only feed them milk outside. usually you all cook porridge need how long if at slow cooker?

see you all prepare so deli food I am so guilty. weekends I only busy bringing them out no time cook and feed. only feed them milk outside. usually you all cook porridge need how long if at slow cooker?

Morning I put into slow cooker then I go take nap together with my boy haha then by afternoon is ready liao lol

Today I use my Avent steamer and blender for the first time. I make apple purée according to the recipe book provided by Avent. I also add 1-2 drops of lemon juice to avoid discolouration. My girl doesn't really like it. She only took a few spoonfuls and turns her head away. I taste the purée and it tastes a bit more sour. Don't know if it's the lemon juice. Tomorrow I'll try again and I shall not add lemon juice.

lynn try pork essence see ur gal likes anot. im surprise my boy finish the pork essence that I just make.

snow-pork essence as in put lean meat only n slow cook? jus lik how we make chicken essence?

btw do u all hav dom left over from confinm? i still try 2mak chicken essence from time 2time 4myself... hopin it will booast my supply...

snow-pork essence as in put lean meat only n slow cook? jus lik how we make chicken essence?

btw do u all hav dom left over from confinm? i still try 2mak chicken essence from time 2time 4myself... hopin it will booast my supply...

Nope is double boil not inside slow cooker. Buy those chopped lean meat then put on top of the small bowl n below put a big bowl then boil for 1 hr.

the concept is to bu.. no menses but got brown spottin time 2time.. yet supply droppin already..

the pork essence a bit chim.. need 2sit down n imagine..

Back