Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

I did my ER end mar. Not much time to think as prof said, just do it right away and don't need to delay. Failed my 4th IUI in jan (3rd IUI with NUH)

So I wasn't really mentally prepared but still went ahead with his suggestion.

Congrats @rach_07 on your BFP. :) We did our ER in same month.

I popped by the main ivf thread and discovered that at kkh they don't call everyday to report on embryo condition and that at day 3, you hv to prepare for ET but ET may not even take place! Aiyo! So happy I'm with nuh! Seems like a lot of bfp stories from nuh too! :)

I popped by the main ivf thread and discovered that at kkh they don't call everyday to report on embryo condition and that at day 3, you hv to prepare for ET but ET may not even take place! Aiyo! So happy I'm with nuh! Seems like a lot of bfp stories from nuh too! :)
Ya, glad that we have chosen NUH. Kkh seems 'messy' to me.

My appetite is bad.
Will start to work from home next week already. Seems like I have been away from work for a very long time since end mar...

Thank you. 5 week + but I hardly have appetite...

All the best to you ya
No wonder i saw your post to ask about appetite. Eat something light and high protein. Not sure should encourage you to eat sour plum or assam, some say no good, but i took avocado with sour plum powder everyday, my appetite is good.

Thank you for the blessing :)
I cant sleep well last night, start to have light cramp when i turned. Try to take a nap later ;)

Yes, not twins. Initially had a small hope due to high HCG level. Then again, I am still happy.

Waiting for 7th week scan.. You heard your bb's heartbeat already? Have you announced to your family?
Can share how many embs u had? And u implant two?

Ya...i saw the posting too. The ladies said no news from embryologist is good news.
I must feel grateful :)

No wonder i saw your post to ask about appetite. Eat something light and high protein. Not sure should encourage you to eat sour plum or assam, some say no good, but i took avocado with sour plum powder everday, my appetite is good.

I cant sleep well last night, start to have light cramp when i turned. Try to take a nap later ;)
I can't really cook nowadays. Feel disgusted while preparing the raw food then make me lose appetite when meal is done.

Prof said its not uncommon but I am already underweight so tend to worry. But he said " you have always been underweight. Don't worry, bb can tap on your reserve." Hmm.. Not as if I have a lot of reserve...

I also have cramps during 2WW esp days nearing BT, the cramp was more intense.

Yes, not twins. Initially had a small hope due to high HCG level. Then again, I am still happy.

Waiting for 7th week scan.. You heard your bb's heartbeat already? Have you announced to your family?
My next scan is next wed. Nope! haven inform my family yet! :D waiting for mext wed. so far I hv no MS, good appetite also. Just tt feels tired at night and sleeps v early! I dropped by the Dec 2015 bb thread and also finds it messy with so many pple. many of them #1 still less than 1 year old then having #2... haiz... think I'll still be lurking around this thread...

Can share how many embs u had? And u implant two?
Almost implanted 2 due to quality. I retrieved 10 eggs and 8 fertilized. Then 3 didn't continue to grow so left with 5 good ones only.

Hb and myself had an agreement earlier on to implant more than 1 if quality isn't excellent or very good.

Then 1.5hrs before ET, we decided to just try with 1 instead.

My next scan is next wed. Nope! haven inform my family yet! :D waiting for mext wed. so far I hv no MS, good appetite also. Just tt feels tired at night and sleeps v early! I dropped by the Dec 2015 bb thread and also finds it messy with so many pple. many of them #1 still less than 1 year old then having #2... haiz... think I'll still be lurking around this thread...
Next week is week 9 for u? Yes, some threads are messy.

That's good. Are you still on the hormonal support?

I asked Prof on last wed when can stop. He said till he said so..
yes, still on hormonal support. 2 jabs a week. Everyday 2 progestogen pills, 1 crinone and 3 white colour pills insert. He told me he will gradually decrease. so far stopoed estrofem liao. what abt you? @remembeRainbow can give us some insights?

Almost implanted 2 due to quality. I retrieved 10 eggs and 8 fertilized. Then 3 didn't continue to grow so left with 5 good ones only.

Hb and myself had an agreement earlier on to implant more than 1 if quality isn't excellent or very good.

So u got 5 good quality is consider very good already leh. U manage to freeze four somemore for #2. Good job!

No wonder i saw your post to ask about appetite. Eat something light and high protein. Not sure should encourage you to eat sour plum or assam, some say no good, but i took avocado with sour plum powder everyday, my appetite is good.

Are your embryos 3 days embryos? then implantation can be anyday now!!! Rest well!

yes, still on hormonal support. 2 jabs a week. Everyday 2 progestogen pills, 1 crinone and 3 white colour pills insert. He told me he will gradually decrease. so far stopoed estrofem liao. what abt you? @remembeRainbow can give us some insights?
I am on oral duphaston twice a day, folic once a day. Morning: 1 crinone & 1 estrofem ; night: 3 progestogen inserts.

And the 2 jabs weekly.

Have you ever asked prof if so much hormonal support is ok for the bb and mother?

So u got 5 good quality is consider very good already leh. U manage to freeze four somemore for #2. Good job!
@lucasmum11 has even better quality eggs... Should ask her what she eat.

I didn't do much for this IVF because it came very sudden. We wanted to plan for apr or may as I am on new job last October only. But prof sort of gave us a 'wake up' call. The longer I drag, the more I will think. Plus, I went for ET all alone

@lucasmum11 has even better quality eggs... Should ask her what she eat.

I didn't do much for this IVF because it came very sudden. We wanted to plan for apr or may as I am on new job last October only. But prof sort of gave us a 'wake up' call. The longer I drag, the more I will think. Plus, I went for ET all alone
But u succeed is all it matters. Prof is away all may and june that's why he push u. See like for me I do may so I no fate with prof to do my first fresh. But I have no choice due to work schedule

I can't really cook nowadays. Feel disgusted while preparing the raw food then make me lose appetite when meal is done.

Prof said its not uncommon but I am already underweight so tend to worry. But he said " you have always been underweight. Don't worry, bb can tap on your reserve." Hmm.. Not as if I have a lot of reserve...

I also have cramps during 2WW esp days nearing BT, the cramp was more intense.
Haha...sometime dont know to laugh or to cry from Prof's replied.

Think you have yet to break the news to parent and in law, and you are coping everything by your own?
I bought diff type of fruits, sometime replace my lunch with fruits. If you cannot cook now, can eat fruit to replace one meal. Of course proper meal will encourage.

I cook simple meal for dinner, stew ee mian with veggie and slice pork meat, just put everything into boiling water, leave it and come back later, the dinner is ready. Same for braised bee hoon. I cook bee hoon fish soup too, tomatoes, ginger, slice fish and bee hoon, its good enough.
Perhaps these recipe wont take up too much of ur preparation time. You can go away instead of standing to smell the food, come back in few minutes time, may have appetite to eat.

Take some vitamins...i think vitamin A, C and E no harm taking. I am taking the daily essential product from Usana. It provide daily vitamins needed. I shown to prof previously, he said ok to consume, except for one supplement, he asked me to stop.

Take care and hope that you can have better appetite.

I am confused and find it messy in some thread initiately. Now, i take it as normal reading, sometime can gain knowledge from other threads too.
but i still prefer to hang in here.

Mine is FET so I think a bit different from your fresh.

Progynova 3 tabs twice daily till 9w. Then 3 tabs once daily till 10w.

Crinone gel once daily till 11w.

Proluton 500 jab twice weekly till 11w.

Duphaston one tab twice daily till 12w.

Folic acid still ongoing. Prof haven say stop.

Prof won't waste the meds. Even if can stop at 11w (cos placenta takes over) he will say just continue till everything I have finish.

100% bingo!! So encouraging
5 goods embryos to prepare for No#2, 3,4....haha

Are your embryos 3 days embryos? then implantation can be anyday now!!! Rest well!
Lucasmum11,
My embryos freeze on Day 3, thaw one day before FET, so is this consider Day 4 embryos?

What do you mean by implantation can be anyday now? I always think implantation took place on the ET day. Please enlighten me. A lot of thing to learn from your ladies

For FET I only have crinone to insert. The rest are all oral. I'm so glad!
Really didn't like putting my fingers into my v cos I can't do it properly, either always drop out or try too long until meds melt on my finger.
RemembeRainbow,
Same here. I am on FET cycle and not as lucky as you are. I need to insert 4 tablets of estrofem and i always find it messy as the first one went in already have meds melt on finger.
I did asked prof if i can replaced estrofem with other medicine, i dont mind injection. He said no.
So, i have bo choice.
Learned from you girls to lie after insert, i put on mask to rest just now...win win...hee hee

That's why impatient me picked NUH :D I will go crazy waiting for the final phone call and queuing. I am grateful to receive phone call updates about my embryos daily, even during the weekend.

KKH rate is 1-2K cheaper than NUH one and located more centrally, so it has the most no of patients. It is certainly very disappointing for the ET to get cancelled last min like that!

Every hospital has their success stories and good doctors.

Last edited:
i am not very young already. Lol.. How many did you trf and freeze?
I am not young too, reaching 40 this year still trying for no 1. Last Aug when my friend went to try first fresh with Prof, she encourage me to go for ivf before reaching 40, one reason is we can saved $$ due to Gov co-funding, another reason is after 40, success rate drop tremendously. At time i am still busy with my company integration and required to travel. Until Oct, i decided to quit my job and focus on IVF after discussed with hubby.

I have retrieved 15 follicles, only 4 with egg. I am glad that all fertilised. I put in 2 embryos on Tuesday. Balance 2 frozen embryos.

Thank you. How are you?

Is the morning sickness affecting your appetite? It is nice that your company allows you to work from home.

My menses is late and cracking my head how to take time off from work to go FET. If it does not come by this week, my FET has to be postponed to September sigh. My work does not allow me to take leave freely.

Now considering no pay leave... but hard for it to get approved.

Last edited:
RemembeRainbow,
Same here. I am on FET cycle and not as lucky as you are. I need to insert 4 tablets of estrofem and i always find it messy as the first one went in already have meds melt on finger.
I did asked prof if i can replaced estrofem with other medicine, i dont mind injection. He said no.
So, i have bo choice.
Learned from you girls to lie after insert, i put on mask to rest just now...win win...hee hee
Estrofem is for lining? My issue was all along follicle size so mayb thats y I was spared from it?

I am not young too, reaching 40 this year still trying for no 1. Last Aug when my friend went to try first fresh with Prof, she encourage me to go for ivf before reaching 40, one reason is we can saved $$ due to Gov co-funding, another reason is after 40, success rate drop tremendously. At time i am still busy with my company integration and required to travel. Until Oct, i decided to quit my job and focus on IVF after discussed with hubby.

I have retrieved 15 follicles, only 4 with egg. I am glad that all fertilised. I put in 2 embryos on Tuesday. Balance 2 frozen embryos.

I am turning 34 next month and this is my no 1. The journey really isn't easy. I have seen 3 TCMs, 3 Gynaes ,4 IUIs over the past 3 years. Not to mention the close to 2 yrs of TCM brewed medication to be taken almost daily. (Take 2 days stop 1 day)

Plus I think work plays an important part too. I took the full 19 days HL and when prof asked if I want to extend 10 more days, I also took. So now my boss is asking if I can work from home next week

I even went bkk to pray after recommendations before I start IVF.

Best of luck to you ya

I am turning 34 next month and this is my no 1. The journey really isn't easy. I have seen 3 TCMs, 3 Gynaes ,4 IUIs over the past 3 years. Not to mention the close to 2 yrs of TCM brewed medication to be taken almost daily. (Take 2 days stop 1 day)
WAHHH!!! I think u are my twin!! All my stats EXACTLY same as yours. Only i'm older by one month :)

Is the morning sickness affecting your appetite? It is nice that your company allows you to work from home.

My menses is late and cracking my head how to take time off from work to go FET. If it does not come by this week, my FET has to be postponed to September sigh. My work does not allow me to take leave freely.
I am not sure if it's considered morning sickness. I just don't have the appetite. If I need to prepare cooking, worst. See raw food makes me disgusted.

My HL is supposed to end next week leh. But since my superior is quite nice so I agreed to work from home next week. I tend to think a lot esp this is my new job. But work is no longer my priority ever since I decided on IVF.

I am not sure if it's considered morning sickness. I just don't have the appetite. If I need to prepare cooking, worst. See raw food makes me disgusted.

My HL is supposed to end next week leh. But since my superior is quite nice so I agreed to work from home next week. I tend to think a lot esp this is my new job. But work is no longer my priority ever since I decided on IVF.
Ur very lucky to have such good work environment esp is new. I also don't have the luxury to take the full HL despite Im in my job nearly four yrs liao and is not practical to work from home

Really? Also your #1?
Ya serious lor! Everything EXACTLY the same!!!
My #1, Over 3 yrs 3 gynae, 4 iui, 3 tcm, 2 yrs of brewed herbs 2 days rest 1 day...
So shocking.. It was as if I typed all that. Only that I had 1 failed fresh & I turned 34 this month, yours is next month :p

Lucasmum11,
My embryos freeze on Day 3, thaw one day before FET, so is this consider Day 4 embryos?

What do you mean by implantation can be anyday now? I always think implantation took place on the ET day. Please enlighten me. A lot of thing to learn from your ladies
Embryos will turn into a blastocyst on day 5. After that implantation will be within the next few days. So if you did day 3 ET, they should be around blastocyst stage now and implantation within the next few days lor. :)

Plus I think work plays an important part too. I took the full 19 days HL and when prof asked if I want to extend 10 more days, I also took. So now my boss is asking if I can work from home next week

I even went bkk to pray after recommendations before I start IVF.

Best of luck to you ya
34 years old still young. You can consider no#2,3,4 after first child.

You went to see TSB? I heard from my friend need to brewed medication at home and the whole house sting.

Yes, work plays very important role. I used to work late and under stressful dateline week after week. It was good that your boss is very understanding and allow you to work from home.

Thanks ya...best of luck to all of us here!!

@rach_07 I did ask Prof how come need so many medication as pregnancy support because I didnt hv all these for #1. He informed that because ivf is artificial, so the body may or may not produce sufficient pregnancy hormones. That's why the policy is to provide pregnancy support for everyone. He also said that it's completely optional and I can opt out. of cos I didnt opt out lah!

Embryos will turn into a blastocyst on day 5. After that implantation will be within the next few days. So if you did day 3 ET, they should be around blastocyst stage now and implantation within the next few days lor. :)
Oh i see. Ok this is noted. Thank you.
I will rest more and move slowly.

On my ET day, NUH give me the photo of the embryos transferred, they are both in compacted stage...not yet reach blastocyst. Hope both embbies develop well.

Back