(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Hi Bellebaby,

I am also thinking if I should start sourcing for a good confinement lady now. Are you working now? Do u think it will be too kiasu to also start sourcing for infant care now? I heard a lot of people start queuing once they know they are pregnant... and my friends who only look for infant care after they gave birth all end up queuing for childcare instead (almost or > a yr wait?)
I'm working now .. How many weeks are u now ? Looking at how hard it is to get CL now even though our EDD in oct , I think u should start finding one. I tried today and realised many CL already taken up all the way to nov ! !
As for infant care, if the centre doesn't mind that u register now , why not:) I went with a huge tummy in my 3rd trimester and the lady asked me, " where is your baby? How old is your baby?" I pointed to my tummy and said jokingly ," inside , coming out soon !" Hahah.. But it is true , the waiting list will be long :)

Hi yammidough,

have you got your Harmony test result? I very kan chiong though it's not yet 10 days. Keep hoping they can call me earlier but also worry as after the 5th tube of blood. I'm running out of blood and the last 2 tube is barely half filled. Hope it will not affect my result T_T

Hi lingyou, nope i haven't received any calls from the clinic yet. So far I've read the earliest others get results is 8 days from the test? How come yours need so much blood? About 20ml was taken from me, used to fill two tubes with some leftovers.. Are you doing any tests in addition to harmony? Mine was only harmony + NT

Hi lingyou, nope i haven't received any calls from the clinic yet. So far I've read the earliest others get results is 8 days from the test? How come yours need so much blood? About 20ml was taken from me, used to fill two tubes with some leftovers.. Are you doing any tests in addition to harmony? Mine was only harmony + NT

I did panorama test and nurse drew out 5 tubes of blood . She hide it from me and I only got to know it was 5 tubes after the procedure .. Hahah.

I did panorama test and nurse drew out 5 tubes of blood . She hide it from me and I only got to know it was 5 tubes after the procedure .. Hahah.

Haha I think don't know better... I always look away during blood drawing because I'm scared of it... How long will panorama results take and how much was it?

Hi ladies, have u started to look for a confinement lady ? Can I check , for my #1, it is by emergency c-section. Second one I think high chance c-sect. Usually is it 2 weeks b4 the EDD?
I quite skeptical abt CL leh. I heard many not very positive cases. Maybe I will just order confinement food. But abit worried I can't handle it myself also as it's my first. =|

Haha I think don't know better... I always look away during blood drawing because I'm scared of it... How long will panorama results take and how much was it?
I am scared of blood drawing too, so I look away. Think the nurse saw that I was afraid , purposely hid the bottles away while drawing. Heheh.. I did the comprehensive panorama test which include microdeletion.. About $1.5k. Takes a maximum of 14 days . Could be earlier but I'm seeing gyne next mon to get result and do NT scan. Gyne said it is her usual practice to still do NT scan to be more thorough

I am scared of blood drawing too, so I look away. Think the nurse saw that I was afraid , purposely hid the bottles away while drawing. Heheh.. I did the comprehensive panorama test which include microdeletion.. About $1.5k. Takes a maximum of 14 days . Could be earlier but I'm seeing gyne next mon to get result and do NT scan. Gyne said it is her usual practice to still do NT scan to be more thorough

Hope you'll get good news on Monday! My appt is next wed to review results.. My NT scan is already done so one hurdle crossed.. Sonographer says low risk so hopefully harmony says the same as well..

Hi Bellebaby,

I am also thinking if I should start sourcing for a good confinement lady now. Are you working now? Do u think it will be too kiasu to also start sourcing for infant care now? I heard a lot of people start queuing once they know they are pregnant... and my friends who only look for infant care after they gave birth all end up queuing for childcare instead (almost or > a yr wait?)
I also got an infant care slot in march 2016 too...booked it when im barely 3 months preggy...infant care slots are very limited so you have to start sourcing and put on waiting list too.

I'm 13w2days now and I have pink stain on the tissue. Should I see the doc? My next check up is on the 30th. I called NUH and the next available appointment would be on the 27th. So I need to go emergency if I want to. I remember in my last pregnancy, I just walked in at NUH Women's Clinic and I was accommodated by any available gynae.

Last edited:
I also got an infant care slot in march 2016 too...booked it when im barely 3 months preggy...infant care slots are very limited so you have to start sourcing and put on waiting list too.
Hi nidellia, are we able to book for the infant care even thou the centre is still building but will be ready soon? After hearing from you, i tink mus b kiasu abit hehe :)

I'm 13w2days now and I have pink stain on the tissue. Should I see the doc? My next check up is on the 30th. I called NUH and the next available appointment would be on the 27th. So I need to go emergency if I want to. I remember in my last pregnancy, I just walked in at NUH Women's Clinic and I was accommodated by any available gynae.

Is it a lot ? Jus that once? For me , becos I have two early miscarriages b4, I am very worried to see pink or red or brown . So last tues when I saw a bit of pink stains, I took time-off from work to see gyne . She checked with a little equipment and said that most of my discharge are Okie except for a bit of pink spotting. Did a scan and baby is alright . So she gave me mc to bed rest for the rest of the week, asked me to increase my 5mg folic acid to twice s day and gave me progesterone pills (take 2x daily) to support my uterus . After taking medication and rest, so far Okie but she said still should jus go slow. I suggest to see gyne for a peace of mind. Any private gyne if your gyne at NUH has no slot to see u. Take care

How much does infant care cost?
It varies per centre. There are subsidies for working mothers. For working mothers, it costs around S$ 700 after subsidy and S$ 1090 for non-working SG citizen mothers.

The centre that I am intending to register with currently has only 4 babies in its infant class, and only one slot opening up in Mar 2016 because one of the babies will be moving up to playgroup.
If you are intending to work after maternity leave and have no other help, I strongly suggest you start searching now.

It varies per centre. There are subsidies for working mothers. For working mothers, it costs around S$ 700 after subsidy and S$ 1090 for non-working SG citizen mothers.

The centre that I am intending to register with currently has only 4 babies in its infant class, and only one slot opening up in Mar 2016 because one of the babies will be moving up to playgroup.
If you are intending to work after maternity leave and have no other help, I strongly suggest you start searching now.
Lol. Thn I guess I gona go and check it out just in case. Hope my mom can help me look after cos really Canot bear to put bb at infant care Bt if no choice hv to. Thanks ya.

Is it a lot ? Jus that once? For me , becos I have two early miscarriages b4, I am very worried to see pink or red or brown . So last tues when I saw a bit of pink stains, I took time-off from work to see gyne . She checked with a little equipment and said that most of my discharge are Okie except for a bit of pink spotting. Did a scan and baby is alright . So she gave me mc to bed rest for the rest of the week, asked me to increase my 5mg folic acid to twice s day and gave me progesterone pills (take 2x daily) to support my uterus . After taking medication and rest, so far Okie but she said still should jus go slow. I suggest to see gyne for a peace of mind. Any private gyne if your gyne at NUH has no slot to see u. Take care

Thanks bellebaby. No, just one time that I got the pink stain. May I know what's the cause of your spotting? Will go walk in early tom.

Thanks bellebaby. No, just one time that I got the pink stain. May I know what's the cause of your spotting? Will go walk in early tom.
Gyne said about the level of hormones in body .. Can't rem exactly cos was so kan cheong to know if bb is Okie .. She said she will give me Utrogestan to "make my uterus quieter" .. To support the uterus. Plus she said must go slow and bed rest more. Don't over exert .

@lingyou the clinic called me to tell me the results already! Really is zhun zhun 8 days from the test.. Did u get your results yet?

My spotting was because of a polyp on my cervix just like in my previous pregnancy. They didn't advice on having it removed so I would expect some spotting every now and then. It would remove on its own usually after giving birth. the last time, spotting stopped on the 5th month when I was given a jab. It was not even my gynae as I went walked in.

@lingyou the clinic called me to tell me the results already! Really is zhun zhun 8 days from the test.. Did u get your results yet?

@yammidough, yes, I got my result too! :)
Low risk and is a princess~
Actually I a bit stress cos I worry my hubby parents will prefer a boy. But I think girl also is good, hopefully no need to run around as much. :)
End of the day, I think as long as my kid is healthy and kind, nothing is too big deal :)

@yammidough, yes, I got my result too! :)
Low risk and is a princess~
Actually I a bit stress cos I worry my hubby parents will prefer a boy. But I think girl also is good, hopefully no need to run around as much. :)
End of the day, I think as long as my kid is healthy and kind, nothing is too big deal :)

Congrats! Ya I think healthy can already.. Hopefully your in laws are happy with a girl too!

Hi guys.. Back aft so long.. Been quite a journey.. Been pretty emotional lately.. Usually I wont be crying much even though I know I got probs, but due to external pressures esp lately at work, been bursting.. Lolz..

Anyways my due has been pushed frm 12 oct to 7 oct due to baby's growth during 2nd last scan.. Is that good or? I have no idea if its good or what.. I'm skinny, so still cannot see baby bump.. Can feel my womb is harder now, but its still down there.. Pple think my tiny obvious little bonchet (u knw like stomach buldge like tat) is cuz my pregnant, but I think my stomach n intestines are being pushed up to make space for baby below n tats what make me look bonchet A little.. I not so worried cuz i knw when its time, womb will move up.. But worried where to find comfortable pants other then jeans..

By d way thinking of quitting my job.. Sad working in an environment where pple say they understand but dun look like they understand what i gg thru n still expect me to work like before N complain when i dont perform.. haha

Hi guys.. Back aft so long.. Been quite a journey.. Been pretty emotional lately.. Usually I wont be crying much even though I know I got probs, but due to external pressures esp lately at work, been bursting.. Lolz..

Anyways my due has been pushed frm 12 oct to 7 oct due to baby's growth during 2nd last scan.. Is that good or? I have no idea if its good or what.. I'm skinny, so still cannot see baby bump.. Can feel my womb is harder now, but its still down there.. Pple think my tiny obvious little bonchet (u knw like stomach buldge like tat) is cuz my pregnant, but I think my stomach n intestines are being pushed up to make space for baby below n tats what make me look bonchet A little.. I not so worried cuz i knw when its time, womb will move up.. But worried where to find comfortable pants other then jeans..

By d way thinking of quitting my job.. Sad working in an environment where pple say they understand but dun look like they understand what i gg thru n still expect me to work like before N complain when i dont perform.. haha

I got a few pairs of pants from Uniglo it looks like jeans but it's not and very Comfy. So loved it that I eventually went back to get 2 more colours.

Regarding your job, I can so relate. It's really demotivating when there r ppl like that. I'm also been told that I'm not performing etc lately and I feel the amount of work thrown to me has doubled ever since my pregnancy is made know.

I'm just enduring as much as I can to enjoy the maternity leave, otherwise I would just leave.

Hi babyrella, I'm mostly wearing leggings.. Wearing the normal black ones from cotton on in bigger sizes. I saw that h&m do have a small maternity collection which has some maternity leggings as well..

Do think about whether you have good support at home if you quit your job.. Don't quit on impulse..

Don't worry abt ur edd. Mine has been pushing front and back every time I visit. Lol.

As for ur pants prolly u try to get those elastic ones ya. I tink cotton on h&m uniqlo has some, u can try look ard there ya.

Wise work it's Alws not ez. Now maybe ur preg and may be more emotionally then before thus u feels more dejected at some point. If u reli feels stress u can talk to ur family or hb or friends. Otherwise talk to ur hr or upper lvl before u deciding to quit. Else take a few days off to rest well Okies. =)

I got the following error msg when i click on the link:

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

I got a few pairs of pants from Uniglo it looks like jeans but it's not and very Comfy. So loved it that I eventually went back to get 2 more colours.

Regarding your job, I can so relate. It's really demotivating when there r ppl like that. I'm also been told that I'm not performing etc lately and I feel the amount of work thrown to me has doubled ever since my pregnancy is made know.

I'm just enduring as much as I can to enjoy the maternity leave, otherwise I would just leave.

Cool, shall take a lookout at uniqlo...

Ya maternity leave sounds so tempting, but been enduring all these nonsense way before pregnancy.. People just have loads of complain when ur a little different..

Back