(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

My bb is abt 13 weeks. I find that she is starting to drink less lately. She now drinks abt 80-90ml every 2 hrly instead of her usual 100 - 110ml. How much do ur bbs drink now? Every feed is so stressful..lotsa protesting, squirming and kicking and sometimes crying. I'm trying to stretch her feeds to 3 hrly but even at 3 hrly intervals, she drinks the same amt as 2 hrly! :(

My LO acne getting more jialat each time. When will it stop coming back? I'm breastfeeding her. Hv been avoiding seafood & spicy food liao
IMG_20150402_200910_1428285624527.jpg

hi hi for mummies who have taken the pneumococcal vaccination, can it be taken at the same time as the 5-in-1?

hi hi for mummies who have taken the pneumococcal vaccination, can it be taken at the same time as the 5-in-1?
Can - My LO took prevnar 13 together with her 6 in 1 jab.

Sidenote: I wanna rant!!!! My fridge is spoilt despite using it for less than a yr!!! I hope it can be fixed today...Am pumping now but I gotta dump that cos there is no place to store it (

Sidenote: I wanna rant!!!! My fridge is spoilt despite using it for less than a yr!!! I hope it can be fixed today...Am pumping now but I gotta dump that cos there is no place to store it (
Yes it will be as per my pd .

Ok tks! my boy going for his 5in1 tomorrow at the poly, wasn't sure if i can take tomorrow at the same time or should wait till his PD visit scheduled on Sat. guess i will just do it tomorrow.

So how to sterilize in office?
I use sterilising tablets....

Ok tks! my boy going for his 5in1 tomorrow at the poly, wasn't sure if i can take tomorrow at the same time or should wait till his PD visit scheduled on Sat. guess i will just do it tomorrow.
Take at one time together better cuz both can potentially cause fever, if you take separately then hv to be on "standby" 2x for any post vaccination symptoms....

Btw @bbcripps, you're the one who spoke to GE about the life plan right?? Is it called Family Tree? Today we signed the free 1 year GE coverage and the agent reccomended this to us...

Is your fridge fixed yet?? What brand is this?? Can ask you neigbour to help you keep first?? Do you have any ebm in the fridge??

Is your fridge fixed yet?? What brand is this?? Can ask you neigbour to help you keep first?? Do you have any ebm in the fridge??
It's a Hitachi fridge. Supposedly Made in Japan some more.

I wanna hang them. Supposed to come today between 2-6 pm to fix it but no one came!! I trf all my EBM to my mom and MIL, and temporarily put LO at my MIL's place.

My bb is abt 13 weeks. I find that she is starting to drink less lately. She now drinks abt 80-90ml every 2 hrly instead of her usual 100 - 110ml. How much do ur bbs drink now? Every feed is so stressful..lotsa protesting, squirming and kicking and sometimes crying. I'm trying to stretch her feeds to 3 hrly but even at 3 hrly intervals, she drinks the same amt as 2 hrly! :(
my bb also do lotsa protesting during feed, but i latch on, made me think my supply not enuf for her.. i also realise her front teeth is growing out.. today she was at her crankiest, never nap for the whole day till 6 plus.. suspect its cos of her teeth..

It's a Hitachi fridge. Supposedly Made in Japan some more.

I wanna hang them. Supposed to come today between 2-6 pm to fix it but no one came!! I trf all my EBM to my mom and MIL, and temporarily put LO at my MIL's place.

Actually I am using a Hitachi fridge too but mine is made in Thailand though... a 3-door one with fridge at the top and freezer below. 3+ years and still going strong. Hope yours gets fixed soon...

4x outside :0 can meh ? If I can do 2 it is a blessing already

I managed to pump 2-3x at work on my first 2 days back... aim to pump at least 2x at work because LO will drink approx 3 times while I am at work, since he is not DL, then I should pump accordingly to maintain supply.

Actually I am using a Hitachi fridge too but mine is made in Thailand though... a 3-door one with fridge at the top and freezer below. 3+ years and still going strong. Hope yours gets fixed soon...

I managed to pump 2-3x at work on my first 2 days back... aim to pump at least 2x at work because LO will drink approx 3 times while I am at work, since he is not DL, then I should pump accordingly to maintain supply.

The technician came by earlier and he said that the PCB is kaputt. He replaced it and it seems that it is fine now...Monitoring for the night before I get LO back from my PIL's place

My LO is coming to 3 mths old next week, slightly after 1 week plus after delivering him, he starts to cry n scream at the top of his voice till voiceless, I knw tt he is sleepy n tried to make him slp in all sorts of positions, lying in bed & pat him, sarong, hand carry in lying position, upright position, walk around, pram, putting oil onto his stomach, whitenoise or lullaby...1st few time works n subsequently it does nt work....e way he cry is way too scary...it's very heartache to see him cry this way...I dun dare bring him out as he does tt even when we are inside transport or outside.

Jia you!! I got all my barang for pumping at work too, including the freemie cups as my workplace no nursing room and I foresee I will be pumping at desk. Hope can pump smoothly..

My LO is coming to 3 mths old next week, slightly after 1 week plus after delivering him, he starts to cry n scream at the top of his voice till voiceless, I knw tt he is sleepy n tried to make him slp in all sorts of positions, lying in bed & pat him, sarong, hand carry in lying position, upright position, walk around, pram, putting oil onto his stomach, whitenoise or lullaby...1st few time works n subsequently it does nt work....e way he cry is way too scary...it's very heartache to see him cry this way...I dun dare bring him out as he does tt even when we are inside transport or outside.

Oh no.. Did you reflect your concerns to pd?

Pumping at desk?!?
No guys in your office?

My boss is a guy but he sits in the room, outside his room the few of us in that particular office all ladies. I think with freemie and some shawls should be ok. At most lower my seat so that our short partition can cover partly.

I use sterilising tablets....

Take at one time together better cuz both can potentially cause fever, if you take separately then hv to be on "standby" 2x for any post vaccination symptoms....

Btw @bbcripps, you're the one who spoke to GE about the life plan right?? Is it called Family Tree? Today we signed the free 1 year GE coverage and the agent reccomended this to us...

yep, thats the one. i bought sum assured $100K on my son's life, i pay $9,400 p.a. for 10 yrs, n it comes with a cash payout of $4k p.a. which i chose to reinvest back. After 25 yrs, the accumulated cash payout is around 92K, which i figured i can use it for either retirement, or downpayment on a property for my son, or just let it continue to accumulate. the 4K p.a. payout will continue for the rest of my son's life, n upon anything happening to him, his family will get the sum assured of 100K + bonus. so this policy can be considered a gift to my future grandchildren. if u apply for the OCBC GE cashflo credit card, u pay the annual payment premium (which is 3% cheaper than the monthly payment, plus u get 1% rebate), n they will split the premium over 12 mths instalments.

Bring him to 24 hr clinic on 1 of e weekends evening n doc say stomach nt bloated n jus prescribed some wind drops.

maybe can try some baby massage? to help him fart out the wind. is his on BM? if so maybe can try to reduce the amt of dairy in your diet. everytime i drink fresh milk, my boy gets really gassy n will have a lot of frothy explosive poop.

My boss is a guy but he sits in the room, outside his room the few of us in that particular office all ladies. I think with freemie and some shawls should be ok. At most lower my seat so that our short partition can cover partly.

actually i love the idea of freemie, so much more discreet than a regular "pumping into bottle" system, it would be perfect for my long flights, but it is not compatible with medela freestyle right?

So how to sterilize in office?

we have a nursing room in the pantry... for sterilising, i was planning to just throw everything into a lock n lock n keep it in the fridge after each pump, till end of day. that's what i'm doing every Sun when my helper is not around, hehe. i also don't sterilise after my late nights pump (i.e. the 11pm n 3am pump), so far my boy seems ok. i figured i will pump at home at 8am, sterilise, bring the clean parts to office, pump 3x there at 11am, 2pm n 5pm, then come home to sterilise, before pumping at 8pm, 11pm n 3am.

actually i love the idea of freemie, so much more discreet than a regular "pumping into bottle" system, it would be perfect for my long flights, but it is not compatible with medela freestyle right?

It is compatible with Medela. For mine i have to buy the extra connection kit for Philips and ameda pump. But for Medela you don't have to buy the extra connection kit. You can check out the freemie website for details on compatibility then buy elsewhere. :)

we have a nursing room in the pantry... for sterilising, i was planning to just throw everything into a lock n lock n keep it in the fridge after each pump, till end of day. that's what i'm doing every Sun when my helper is not around, hehe. i also don't sterilise after my late nights pump (i.e. the 11pm n 3am pump), so far my boy seems ok. i figured i will pump at home at 8am, sterilise, bring the clean parts to office, pump 3x there at 11am, 2pm n 5pm, then come home to sterilise, before pumping at 8pm, 11pm n 3am.

Do you wash it before throwing into your lock lock?

yep, thats the one. i bought sum assured $100K on my son's life, i pay $9,400 p.a. for 10 yrs, n it comes with a cash payout of $4k p.a. which i chose to reinvest back. After 25 yrs, the accumulated cash payout is around 92K, which i figured i can use it for either retirement, or downpayment on a property for my son, or just let it continue to accumulate. the 4K p.a. payout will continue for the rest of my son's life, n upon anything happening to him, his family will get the sum assured of 100K + bonus. so this policy can be considered a gift to my future grandchildren. if u apply for the OCBC GE cashflo credit card, u pay the annual payment premium (which is 3% cheaper than the monthly payment, plus u get 1% rebate), n they will split the premium over 12 mths instalments.

The cash payout of $4k per annum is from which year onwards?

It is compatible with Medela. For mine i have to buy the extra connection kit for Philips and ameda pump. But for Medela you don't have to buy the extra connection kit. You can check out the freemie website for details on compatibility then buy elsewhere. :)

i read somewhere it is compatible with only some medela models such as pisa, its not compatible with freestyle :(

just got back from the poly jabs... my boy ah, of coz had to choose this afternoon while waiting our turn to have another one of his massive explosive poop, n becos he was squeezed into his car seat, the poop shoot out from the front of his diaper onto his tummy, omg, super duper messy. he seems to think its very funny though, was chuckling away when i was cleaning him n swearing under my breath. n he managed to get poop onto his hands, which of coz he then promptly tried to eat. n i was also freaking out cos he had poop on his thighs where he was going to get injected, so unhygienic. aiyo, all in all, it was one helluva dirty mess. hope nothing got infected.

Back