(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi mummies.. May is really stepping closer.. seems like time suddenly passed so fast and it's already the 3rd trimester.. :cool:

when are u ladies starting to take leave from work?? Half month, 3weeks, 1month?? :rolleyes: Have to apply soon. . But dunno baby will come out early or late or on time.. if took too much before birth to enjoy alone time, then lesser time left for baby after birth:( but if drag till too near edd I heard the body itself will already very tired..dilemma. ..

[QUOTE="ellieteow, My weakness is spicy food actually. Been taking spicy food on a more frequent basis after pregnancy... In your experience, would it cause heat burn, etc as well?)[/QUOTE]
@ellieteow, I also like spicy food and has been eating spicy food all along my pregnancy. So far no heartburn, etc....*thanks God* but dunno later when breastfeed whether I can stop not to eat spicy food. lols....

Is everyone here taking glucose test?? My gynae nvr request for me to take leh…
me.... my gynae asked me to do glucose test when I am 28 weeks. I think because i told him that my grandma has diabetes, so he asked me to do the test. Luckily i passed the test .... phew

@bbtessa I would think this is a compulsory test? We'd usually be tested for GD is our 25-27th week if I'm not wrong... Perhaps you might want to ask your gynae about this? I paid about $40+ for the test.

I dun tink its a compulsary test cos i oso didnt take it during #1. I thot it might be age related or wat since everyone here seems to be taking it…

My baby din turn during my feb checkup, plus add in my high glucose, doubt got space for baby (already 1.23kg in feb) to be head down. Now waiting for miracle or have to opt for c-sec (dread at the tot of it since my previous 2 epi+ natural delivery).
Doc advise me to place pillow under back for 10mins daily b4 bedtime and talk to baby hope he faster head down...
@furbee, how many weeks are you at now? Mine also still in breech position when I am on week 28.

I am quite worried at that time coz I want to do natural birth. Doc said I still have time till week 35 where normally baby head might turn down. Only 3% still in breech position. Then on week 31, my doc told me my baby head turn down already. I am so happy. I talked to baby to turn head down, did some yoga pose to make baby head turn down.

I been taking multivaitamins, just started on calcium pills AGAIN, stopped during 2nd tri but i realise i need since i seldom buy milk to drink. Ya, low fat or skimmed cold milk is good enough to get the calcium (3 cups a day!!!)

@icyjol is right.. if got family history or if u request to do it then gynae will do.if not its not neccessary.

Thats great news :) !! My baby din turn during my feb checkup, plus add in my high glucose, doubt got space for baby (already 1.23kg in feb) to be head down. Now waiting for miracle or have to opt for c-sec (dread at the tot of it since my previous 2 epi+ natural delivery).
Doc advise me to place pillow under back for 10mins daily b4 bedtime and talk to baby hope he faster head down...
dont worry too much. my gynae say give the bb 3 wks more to turn ...

Hi mummies.. May is really stepping closer.. seems like time suddenly passed so fast and it's already the 3rd trimester.. :cool:

when are u ladies starting to take leave from work?? Half month, 3weeks, 1month?? :rolleyes: Have to apply soon. . But dunno baby will come out early or late or on time.. if took too much before birth to enjoy alone time, then lesser time left for baby after birth:( but if drag till too near edd I heard the body itself will already very tired..dilemma. ..

Agreed... times flies... my tummy is growing larger and heavier now. ;)

I'm thinking of start taking maternity leave on 1 May (my EDD 14 May)... really donno baby will come out within the time frame or not...:rolleyes:

@AngelDustV, I told my boss I will start take my maternity leave when I am start into labour. lols.....He is quite kan cheong, afraid I am giving birth at office. hahaha....

@cool_y2 initially I also planned 2 weeks before edd... around your date too... then I hearsay from pple that baby may come out earlier 2weeks... then will end up no alone time.. hmm

@mylilsheep wah.. u wanna maximise the maternity leave ar.. mine also start maternity leave when baby born.. all those before will have to take annual leave. Planning to take 1 month before and if baby comes early then just nice. But if baby comes later then will waste alot of leaves..:confused:

My gynae didn't ask about my family history on diabetes and I passed the pee test every time. Gotten my results.... It's 8.1. Failed. Nurse said the guideline is 7.8. Is that right? So now gotta control my diet. I don't usually have sweet tooth but maybe my body just can't process the glucose well. So sad. Next week gotta go back for check up and nurse will teach me to do the home prick test myself. Nurse gave me a list of can and cannot eat.... Sian. I'm gg malacca and kl next thurs so this is gg to restrict what I can eat.

I am 27+ weeks now and baby weighs 1 kg. gynae said bb growing fine. But the AC and FL Hadlock measurement showed on the scan is approx size of 26+ weeks. Should I be concern?

My gynae didn't ask about my family history on diabetes and I passed the pee test every time. Gotten my results.... It's 8.1. Failed. Nurse said the guideline is 7.8. Is that right? So now gotta control my diet. I don't usually have sweet tooth but maybe my body just can't process the glucose well. So sad. Next week gotta go back for check up and nurse will teach me to do the home prick test myself. Nurse gave me a list of can and cannot eat.... Sian. I'm gg malacca and kl next thurs so this is gg to restrict what I can eat.

I am 27+ weeks now and baby weighs 1 kg. gynae said bb growing fine. But the AC and FL Hadlock measurement showed on the scan is approx size of 26+ weeks. Should I be concern?

I'm already 30 weeks but I din do any glucose test... they also dun inform on whether the bb parts are growing slower or faster than it should. Hmmm.. always will say normal.. like very general.. hmmm.. next month with will be the last scan already. .

1st baby so also dunno wad to expect or ask. Hmmm..

I'm already 30 weeks but I din do any glucose test... they also dun inform on whether the bb parts are growing slower or faster than it should. Hmmm.. always will say normal.. like very general.. hmmm.. next month with will be the last scan already. .

1st baby so also dunno wad to expect or ask. Hmmm..

Its ok, everything normal is very good! I would prefer dat then too much info, make me gan jiong.

After ur next gynae visit shld be bi-weekly instead of monthly bah. And if bb overdue, will be weekly.

At 30wks now, also didnt do any glucose test....Hospital also not booked yet...really dont know is this correct not....

I never bother what type of massage mdm ida uses, as long i can get back slim slim and uterus is being pushed back. Hehe .. :D
She uses ginger oil, but is not those 'hot' kind, quite nice smelling (i tried a bottle bought from malaysia..VERY HOT!!) Ya includes binding but return after the entire session. I can say that that all my fat or water retention is 90% gone after 5 sessions from her. Got back my pre preg weight after 3 weeks too. (But i aso used corset n tight undies for another few weeks to get back some 'shape') Shes very friendly and can do breast massage to get ur milk flowing.. She taught me how to massage, n use warm towel to compress too...helped alot during my #1.

This time im trying mdm hamidah cos my friend intro n aso cos of the mattress/bedding provided.

What kind of cloth mdm
Ida use to do the binding?

I think the glucose test depends on the mummy health history well as age? I did mine at week 25 and I am 40 years old.

Into my 30th week now. Went for a scan and managed to capture bb yawning away so cute! Bb weigh is 1.5kg and I only put on 1kg from last month....

Why need to book hospital? Tot it will be the current one that u are going for checkups? I will be at kkh... hahahaha... hope everything will be fine.:p Anyone of u tried kkh before?? Still struggling whether to use epidural not... been considering for months.. but 1st one.. dunno the impact of the pain...:confused: only heard is super pain.... lol..

Very tempted to do postnatal but my colleagues were saying not necessary. . Hmm

At 30wks now, also didnt do any glucose test....Hospital also not booked yet...really dont know is this correct not....

What kind of cloth mdm
Ida use to do the binding?

Mdm ida n zaliah uses very long cotton cloth, so when bind they have a way to tie it according to body shape tightly. Most importantly is they will tie till cover butt n hips.. So far for 2 pregnancies i returned to pre preg weight n aso can fit an inch smaller jeans. This time trying hamidah.
If keen i intro mdm zaliah (more friendly) as she mostly can travel elsewhere. Ida stays in jb so only does in north (n is older den zaliah)...

@furbee, how many weeks are you at now? Mine also still in breech position when I am on week 28.

I am quite worried at that time coz I want to do natural birth. Doc said I still have time till week 35 where normally baby head might turn down. Only 3% still in breech position. Then on week 31, my doc told me my baby head turn down already. I am so happy. I talked to baby to turn head down, did some yoga pose to make baby head turn down.

Now at 31 weeks, last checked 28weeks, bb 1.23kg n head was at right side... Can feel havent engage yet....hopefully next appt got gd news :) i dont do yoga leh, but got any tips??? Will try jus to make him turn!!!

Why need to book hospital? Tot it will be the current one that u are going for checkups? I will be at kkh... hahahaha... hope everything will be fine.:p Anyone of u tried kkh before?? Still struggling whether to use epidural not... been considering for months.. but 1st one.. dunno the impact of the pain...:confused: only heard is super pain.... lol..

The epidural pain when insert into back spine is nothing compared to the contractions. My sis in law delivered all 3 kids at kkh, private single is the best.. Dont go for 4 bedded, veri noisy n nurses very busy... Delivery suite is comfy!
And aso hope wen deliver ur gynae is able to make it, if not den the doc on duty may do the delivery leh..(so far only one friend i know whose gynae din manage to deliver hers).. I like kkh environment :) but i back to tmc wit same gynae

Mdm ida n zaliah uses very long cotton cloth, so when bind they have a way to tie it according to body shape tightly. Most importantly is they will tie till cover butt n hips.. So far for 2 pregnancies i returned to pre preg weight n aso can fit an inch smaller jeans. This time trying hamidah.
If keen i intro mdm zaliah (more friendly) as she mostly can travel elsewhere. Ida stays in jb so only does in north (n is older den zaliah)...

Oh okay thanks! I've actually texted both but only Ida replied me so far. I'm staying in the west & apparently she's alright with it. Are both of them reliable? Very scared ppl don't appear suddenly!

Hamidah is recommended by ur friend? This Ida seem very popular.

Cos my gynae can do delivery at TMC and Mt A so I chose either 1.... Wanted to book today but gynae says it still early.

Hi cos my gynae can do delivery at TMC and Mt A only so need to make a choice where to deliver and do the booking.

Last edited:
Oh okay thanks! I've actually texted both but only Ida replied me so far. I'm staying in the west & apparently she's alright with it. Are both of them reliable? Very scared ppl don't appear suddenly!

Hamidah is recommended by ur friend? This Ida seem very popular.

Ya Ida is very experienced, zaliah is her relative.. So far so good from both of them, but Ida is more fierce abit...lol. Zaliah takes some time to reply, but v prompt, if she late she will infd, n make sure she will attend to u even if she is held back.

Ya hamidah is my colleague who tried, she mentioned her to b good, n aso cos she brings her portable mattress along (tat y more ex by $10-20 compared with the rest), as for thise highly recommended who charged $90-$100 is like over budget..lol. Cos if do 7 times very xiong for my holey pocket

@@cool_y2 initially I also planned 2 weeks before edd... around your date too... then I hearsay from pple that baby may come out earlier 2weeks... then will end up no alone time.. hmm

@@mylilsheep wah.. u wanna maximise the maternity leave ar.. mine also start maternity leave when baby born.. all those before will have to take annual leave. Planning to take 1 month before and if baby comes early then just nice. But if baby comes later then will waste alot of leaves..:confused:

Hi, my edd is 16May and plan to get 1wk leave in advance
I hrd abt bb coming out early too...Should apply earlier?

Hi mummies, did anyone intend to take or taken pregnancy photoshoot?
Any recommendations?

Hrd the best time to take is wk32.

I think shld do post natal to bind up tummy and expel all the wind, if not will be very flabby de… I did but not disciplined to bind up long enough cos very very itchy and developed rashes.

This time die die I will tahan for as long as I can. Very hiao, want to get back into shape :p

@@cool_y2 initially I also planned 2 weeks before edd... around your date too... then I hearsay from pple that baby may come out earlier 2weeks... then will end up no alone time.. hmm

@@mylilsheep wah.. u wanna maximise the maternity leave ar.. mine also start maternity leave when baby born.. all those before will have to take annual leave. Planning to take 1 month before and if baby comes early then just nice. But if baby comes later then will waste alot of leaves..:confused:

Hi, my edd is 16May and plan to get 1wk leave in advance
I hrd abt bb coming out early too...Should apply earlier?

If everything goes smoothly n with gynae advice, i think earlier by 2weeks at most ( thou 37weeks is safest guideline, doc will try drag), some ppl 1st preg deliver days after EDD too, max i know is 1week n few days latest MAX before inducing. Best is take leave to relax spend some time doing alone stuff, or on n off few days leave den back work etc.
since our edd is mid of the year, i believe by time back to work left 4 months to clear leave..which will be quite packed too wen everyone aso wanna tk leave.

I think shld do post natal to bind up tummy and expel all the wind, if not will be very flabby de… I did but not disciplined to bind up long enough cos very very itchy and developed rashes.

This time die die I will tahan for as long as I can. Very hiao, want to get back into shape :p

After the post natal binds, buy corset to wear..at least more comfy n got back support, can aso wear go out... N aso tight panties to push back the flabby bum....hehe. Dun buy 1 piece de, cos wen go toilet sibei troublesome!!!

Hi mummies, did anyone intend to take or taken pregnancy photoshoot?
Any recommendations?

Hrd the best time to take is wk32.

Previous 2 i took ard 28weeks cos can sit n move ard freely (depends on bump size ). I doing at 32weeks, but i think slightly big and restricted movements..but as long comfy any stage of pregnancy aso can take the shoots.
I duno what to wear leh... Any ideas to share???.
Previously did it at basketball court, n family attire, now duno wat theme is suitable.

Not compulsory. My gynae says if you dont have family history and every appt the urine test on the pee stick doesnt reflect you have high glucose no need do. Unless the pee sticks 3 consecutive times you have glucose in test stick then will need to do glucose test.

For the milk powder, my gynae also advised the same thing. Not to drink maternal milk because of the high glucose level...

I got the pee stick. Family history of diabetes but not serious. I don't take maternity milk. Tried the sample and didn't like.

@cynn04 .. but my colleague's stomach dun have excess skin neh... hmmm... ha... good quality.. find jamu massage also need to find good one..

Like my gynae has his own private clinics at two locations and gives his patients the option of delivering at two private hospitals. So mtb will need to pre register with her desired choice of hospital, room preference with EDD and other relevant info.

Not compulsory. My gynae says if you dont have family history and every appt the urine test on the pee stick doesnt reflect you have high glucose no need do. Unless the pee sticks 3 consecutive times you have glucose in test stick then will need to do glucose test.

For the milk powder, my gynae also advised the same thing. Not to drink maternal milk because of the high glucose level...
Agree with you. It's not compulsory to do GD testing as long as you have normal pee stick results.

There is this warehouse sale at AMK today and tml... maybe @positivelife u can pop by if u're staying around the area..

@ellieteow ...oh, the bratop price reverted back to $29.90??... during CNY period there is promo only $19.90 and I posted here too..View attachment 495274
View attachment 495275
I just bought the bratop from uniqlo it is comfortable but I find it v hot....haha maybe I am not used to wearing it. Also I have to wear their xl cos my boobies are big but the shirt is long

U must control your food intake leh. Don't be like me, till today I am still hospitalized. Doctor said sugar level must below 5.5 (before meal) and 7 (2 hrs after meal) then can discharge. Solid five day in hospital, I want to go home! :( :'(

Hospital's diabetic meal is really tasteless and very small portion, doc don't allow me to eat any other food. I am starving :(

U must control your food intake leh. Don't be like me, till today I am still hospitalized. Doctor said sugar level must below 5.5 (before meal) and 7 (2 hrs after meal) then can discharge. Solid five day in hospital, I want to go home! :( :'(

Hospital's diabetic meal is really tasteless and very small portion, doc don't allow me to eat any other food. I am starving :(

Oh my.. What is ur reading now before and after food?

@mylilsheep wah.. u wanna maximise the maternity leave ar.. mine also start maternity leave when baby born.. all those before will have to take annual leave. Planning to take 1 month before and if baby comes early then just nice. But if baby comes later then will waste alot of leaves..:confused:
hahaha... yeah, coz now not really need maternity leave yet. I will just use up my annual leave or MC for check up. Better to have rest later after baby is born

Now at 31 weeks, last checked 28weeks, bb 1.23kg n head was at right side... Can feel havent engage yet....hopefully next appt got gd news :) i dont do yoga leh, but got any tips??? Will try jus to make him turn!!!

@furbee, you can try do some position at home and hold for 5 min and do it as often as you can. For example:
1. knee chest position
2. half bridge position
3. downward dog position
You can google how the position looks like. The principle is we are using gravity to make the baby head turn down.

Hope your bb turn head down soon!

@cynn04 .. but my colleague's stomach dun have excess skin neh... hmmm... ha... good quality.. find jamu massage also need to find good one..

Wah then she blessed with good genes lor… one look at my mother and I know i have to do alot of work lololol. My cousin who is skinny like a beanpole, oso showed me her excess flabby skin, very sad cannot wear bikini anymore. So up to you la, but I feel would be better to do. Really alot of wind to expel after delivery!

Oh dear dat sounds bad :( hope your sugar lvl goes back to normal and can go back home soon! Take care!

What was your 2hr reading before you hospitalized? And what's the current? My nurse told me don't starve.... Eat 6 small meals. Can't you eat wholemeal crackers or bread with milk to ease the hunger? I am also trying to control my diet. My husband said the test is not a good gauge cos we don't usually gulp down sugar water like that and not drink plain water. Not realistic and is making me paranoid with food consumption.

ImageUploadedByForum1425352996.961380.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1425353019.580354.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1425353039.191605.jpg

This is the list my clinic gave me.

Yeah my list also same as @happy08 .. Tried chin cheong fan with lil sweet sauce, immediately after 2 hrs reading over 7.5! Haha. Sinful. @MTB-2015 maybe can request milk to drink n force urself to sleep or keep busy. Hope u can discharge soon!!

Back