IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dear all,

I have just started my ivf. Taking cetroxide injection for the 2nd day. Doc warned me that I might haf OHSS. She mentioned I can drink more isotonic drink after ER to reduce the bloatedness. Anyone know other methods of relieving the OHSS symptoms?

Another question. I can transfer 2 embryos during ET but doc advise to transfer 1 embroy due to risk of multiple pregnancies ( which includes miscarriage). Anyone can advise on this? Whether is better to transfer 1 or 2? I am worried about the sperms quality as they are retrieved from the urine due to retrograde.

Dear all,

I have just started my ivf. Taking cetroxide injection for the 2nd day. Doc warned me that I might haf OHSS. She mentioned I can drink more isotonic drink after ER to reduce the bloatedness. Anyone know other methods of relieving the OHSS symptoms?

Another question. I can transfer 2 embryos during ET but doc advise to transfer 1 embroy due to risk of multiple pregnancies ( which includes miscarriage). Anyone can advise on this? Whether is better to transfer 1 or 2? I am worried about the sperms quality as they are retrieved from the urine due to retrograde.

try to take more proteins to reduce OHSS. Eg, egg whites.

Dear all,

Do u have issues of miscarriage before? If not I don't see why cannot tfer 2.

Do u have issues of miscarriage before? If not I don't see why cannot tfer 2.
Thanks Meilingg.

Hi Chloe,
I don't have any issue of miscarriage before. Dono why doc ask me consider having 1 embryo transfer.

Anyone with sperms retrieved via urine due to retrograde condition? N successfully conceived?

Hi all,

Just got my bt result as expected its bfn.
Since I've kinda expected it at least don feel so disappointed.

I'm so going to take a break.

Good luck to all.

Have any of the sisters here ever considered or have quit their jobs while in the ivf journey? I'm contemplating but there are a lot of considerations. Financial , and also 100 percent at home can also be stressful.
Kity16: I have left my good pay job to prepare for IVF. No positive result yet thus far. My body was feeling weak and TCM did not help. Thus, I decided that I had to give my body ample rest. I work out my sums and still give my parents their basic allowance every month, even without a job, with a token top-up from DH. It was not easy as I felt living like a church mouse. A few friends who saw me recently said that my face colour improved. It was a heavy price to pay for, but I didn't want any regret. I deliberated over it with DH for 6 months, and finally tendered. I miss the interactions at work and the chance to attend training courses. But I am ok now, knowing that I just want to know that I did what I could, even if it means being poorer, and almost no shopping power at all.

Thanks Meilingg.

Hi Chloe,
I don't have any issue of miscarriage before. Dono why doc ask me consider having 1 embryo transfer.

Anyone with sperms retrieved via urine due to retrograde condition? N successfully conceived?

My doc also asked me to do 1 embroyo transfer. He said reduce the chances of having twins, which in turn reduce pregnancy complications. Think some doctors not very keen on twins.

I think sperm quality will affect during the blastocyst stage already. If no good, i think the embroyologist won't even use. So if can be fertilized then the factor of conceiving is whether it can implant. Just my thoughts.

My doc also asked me to do 1 embroyo transfer. He said reduce the chances of having twins, which in turn reduce pregnancy complications. Think some doctors not very keen on twins.

I think sperm quality will affect during the blastocyst stage already. If no good, i think the embroyologist won't even use. So if can be fertilized then the factor of conceiving is whether it can implant. Just my thoughts.

yup, during my 1st cycle, my doc also asked me to just put 1 blastocyst, also cos of twins complication.

After that then i realised he dun like twins pregnancy...

No even can Fertilised the embryo must be good enough to divide and hatch out before it can implant. If embryo quality bad it won't divide properly or it can have bad fragmentation and won't grow further to implant.

Dear all,

Ivf success is 40 percent so putting two also not necessary both will strike. It depends on your embryo quality. If it's very good then yes there is risk of twins. If it's average I would suggest put two.

Today I went for my body massage and I told the lady I'm Tcc-Ing and the Malay lady ask me to go again during my day 1 menses and she will help to adjust my womb properly.
I normally don't do any massage on my tummy. Have you heard of such a thing?

@kitty16 yup for malay TTC massage, its best to go massage on 1st or 2nd day of your mensus cycle. The best when ur on very heavy flow. Its to do massage on your stomach so that your uterus dont go down.

Agree. Who are the drs who prefer 1? I wud actually insist two if possible

Doctors and nurses i meet in NUH always advices 1 but they are not persistent because its your choice and we are the one paying for the insurance too. So i always choose 2 too and they will agree. :)

Kity16: I have left my good pay job to prepare for IVF. No positive result yet thus far. My body was feeling weak and TCM did not help. Thus, I decided that I had to give my body ample rest. I work out my sums and still give my parents their basic allowance every month, even without a job, with a token top-up from DH. It was not easy as I felt living like a church mouse. A few friends who saw me recently said that my face colour improved. It was a heavy price to pay for, but I didn't want any regret. I deliberated over it with DH for 6 months, and finally tendered. I miss the interactions at work and the chance to attend training courses. But I am ok now, knowing that I just want to know that I did what I could, even if it means being poorer, and almost no shopping power at all.

Wow! It is indeed a brave decision. And sounds like it has been a good decision for you! I'm at this cross road as well. (Current job pays ok, people there ok, but stress is there) are you now doing another job or still taking the break?

I'm also considering and giving myself next few months to consider and save up. I too am thinking I have to continue to support my parents but of cos I myself can lead a simpler life during that time. (Earn less, spend less)

Doctors and nurses i meet in NUH always advices 1 but they are not persistent because its your choice and we are the one paying for the insurance too. So i always choose 2 too and they will agree. :)

I am from Sgh; and it felt like the 'common' thing is to choose 2. Cos it was their default recommendation to me, but of cos they reconfirmed with me a few times and explained the pros and cons of 1 and 2. I recalled even moments before ET, Dr Yu asked me (again) 'are you ok with twins cos we are putting 2 embryos' haha....

Actually,i have a question. What happens in e event we choose 2,if in e event 1 survived and 1 doesnt. Does the 1 that doesnt survived stays inside for 9 mths also or will it bleed out naturally? Or need to take it out via op?

If not, it stays inside will it cause infection?

Sounds cruel as they are both fresh n blood.

Last edited:
my view on transferring one or two embryos: we do IVF cos we are not fertile , as simple as that. so u think we shd put in one or two to increase chances of implantation? even good quality eggs are good tro naked eyes only. choromsomes ok or not we cannot tell. my blastocsyts looked good but ended up after implantation it also didnt survive long due to chromosomal abnormalities . Dr mentioned it was the most common reason for first tri miscarriages

maybe ladies who r still young, already had one kid or a pair of twins previously and is producing alot of eggs after stimulation will consider putting in 1 . but so far i heard most sisters prefer to transfer 2

In my past 2 cycles, the dr will ask if i want to consider transferring 1 instead and it seems that it is the new protocol.. Reasons are as shared by other sistas. And i used to insist transferring 2 for higher chance until my last cycle where i was left with 1 average blast after thawing. the embryo ended splitting and i had a twin pregnancy. now i will tink twice before actual ET coz i won't want to end up with 4 (if so lucky that all embryos are good and chance is not high too). Like what the sistas said, maybe its a good idea to ask about the quality on day of ET before deciding.

Hi sisters, I have just started the suppressiom stage and thinking of trying Dr Zhao from Raffles. Any idea on her charges and can I just walk in to do acu? Is the queue super long? Thanks much.

Actually,i am ok to having twins. Can close shop after that. I am just worried that like 1 of E beanie not surviving inside after a few weeks(eg 4wks 1 of e 2 gone /8 wks 1 of e 2 gone. )It will be out naturally n its ok to leave it alone?? Anybody knows e ans for this?

As old aunty says,its difficult for us to fall pregnant. Imp is e cells must divide healthily inside.

I have another trend of tot of putting 1 and keeping e other 1 in fet. Since fet we have less hormones in e body n chances are higher as some doc says. But it must survive e thaw.

Delima

Last edited:
Hi sisters, I have just started the suppressiom stage and thinking of trying Dr Zhao from Raffles. Any idea on her charges and can I just walk in to do acu? Is the queue super long? Thanks much.
Need to call to make appmt - but they operate till 7 or 8pm so if you work can try to get the 6pm or 630 slot.

once you get an appmt, it's generally super efficient. Usually you get to see her within 10/15 min of appmt time, most of the time dont need to wait. It's Raffles after all :) they hv a fertility package - $416 (or something like that) for 5 sessions for consult and acu, excluding meds. But the meds r cheap.

Actually,i am ok to having twins. Can close shop after that. I am just worried that like 1 of E beanie not surviving inside after a few weeks(eg 4wks 1 of e 2 gone /8 wks 1 of e 2 gone. )It will be out naturally n its ok to leave it alone?? Anybody knows e ans for this?

As old aunty says,its difficult for us to fall pregnant. Imp is e cells must divide healthily inside.

I have another trend of tot of putting 1 and keeping e other 1 in fet. Since fet we have less hormones in e body n chances are higher as some doc says. But it must survive e thaw.

Delima
I also have the same dilemma. I have high chance of premature birth but have to weigh that against the chances of implantation. Further twin pregnancy also increases the risk of ohss and again prematurity. So there is really no correct choice. So I think no matter what choice we make its not our fault if it doesn't work out.

Hi all,

Just got my bt result as expected its bfn.
Since I've kinda expected it at least don feel so disappointed.

I'm so going to take a break.

Good luck to all.

Yyw, sorry that you are going thru this. Hope that you have a good break, and that you will have good luck in your ttc journey. take care.

I also have the same dilemma. I have high chance of premature birth but have to weigh that against the chances of implantation. Further twin pregnancy also increases the risk of ohss and again prematurity. So there is really no correct choice. So I think no matter what choice we make its not our fault if it doesn't work out.
I wanted to transfer 2 if can but is more concern with successful implantation and cells dividing smoothly after both are inside. To me, its still e survival of bfp and 1st trimester stage..crawling to reach tt like a baby..

Last edited:

Delima

Ladies, thanks for all the sharing. Appreciate it. I also have the same question as Connie. If chose 2 embryos transfer, 1 didn't survive, the one didn't survive will flow out and the one survived will not be affected?

Ladies, thanks for all the sharing. Appreciate it. I also have the same question as Connie. If chose 2 embryos transfer, 1 didn't survive, the one didn't survive will flow out and the one survived will not be affected?
If not wrong, at very early pregnancy, the body may absorb the embryo that can't survive. Or the one that can't survive will be expelled by bleeding.

Need to call to make appmt - but they operate till 7 or 8pm so if you work can try to get the 6pm or 630 slot.

once you get an appmt, it's generally super efficient. Usually you get to see her within 10/15 min of appmt time, most of the time dont need to wait. It's Raffles after all :) they hv a fertility package - $416 (or something like that) for 5 sessions for consult and acu, excluding meds. But the meds r cheap.
Thanks Ron for the super useful info :)

actually this time when I put 2, 1st scan showed 3 sacs..then think later 1 re-absorb by body think..

And also I read the other day some news said that very very rare..one twin got another one in the tummy...scary to think of..

Back