(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Just wait till 1st trimester lor over lor..

I believe your tummy is not obvious to the extent pple will ask starting mah..

But if u seriously cant contain your hapiness & excitement, then go ahead..

I in my 14w6d, tummy not showing so nobody ask.. Only told family + few close friends when i discovered i preggy..

But becos i left my job after i found out i was preggy, so some friends have been asking 'y y y?'

I was actually contemplating to announce on fb cos but i dun remember seeing any of my friends doing tat on fb so was like hesitating..

at 11 weeks now and my Gynae just told me baby is stable and I can announce my pregnancy le! Not sure if I should do it now now, or wait till first trimester is officially over!

Anyways I'm also going for oscars and detailed scans at week 13. I'm 31 this year.

Chg topic for a while ..

I believe most of u shd be ard 11w-15w preggy now.

If u r into 2nd trimester liao, & a friend casually ask if u r preggy, would u admit? Or u will like avoid the question?

Just curious...
I announce after i got the positive line.... i not into tat pantang craps... even if i miscarriage jus say lo... nothing to hide ... i very hard keep secret wan... even my grandma say dun say i oso say... wahahaha

I in my 14w6d, tummy not showing so nobody ask.. Only told family + few close friends when i discovered i preggy..

But becos i left my job after i found out i was preggy, so some friends have been asking 'y y y?'

I was actually contemplating to announce on fb cos but i dun remember seeing any of my friends doing tat on fb so was like hesitating..

I've friends who announced with ultrasound on fb but I wish to announce with a baby pic :D

I actually saw on instagram, a mtb announce her pregnancy when she was like 5-6 weeks.

Like is still a dot on the scan..

I was like '好佩服' .. Haha

I've friends who announced with ultrasound on fb but I wish to announce with a baby pic :D

Last edited:
I actually saw on instagram, a mtb post when she was like 5-6 weeks preggy..

Like is still a dot on the scan..

I was like '好佩服' .. Haha

I like to take out the ultrasound and see too,:Dso amazing and vast difference between 5, 7, 12 and 16 weeks.

Ya.. I actually had a album & i slot in the ultrasound scan pix.. Then put the date beside..

Hehe.. The album will be used to keep all bb fotos when he's out & when growing up... :p

My hub was in bkk & he came across a shop selling albums.. He say got offer if buy 2.. Initially i ask him just get 1 for our photos which i had developed but haven got a album to slot in.

So i jus make use of the other album lor.. Hehe..

I like to take out the ultrasound and see too,:Dso amazing and vast difference between 5, 7, 12 and 16 weeks.

Ya.. I actually had a album & i slot in the ultrasound scan pux.. Then put the date beside..

Hehe.. The album will be used to keep all bb fotos when he's out & when growing up... :p

My hub was in bkk & he came across a shop selling albums.. He say got offer if buy 2.. Initially i ask him just get 1 for our photos which i had developed but haven got a album to slot in.

So i jus make use of the other album lor.. Hehe..

I kept all too but realised I lost my big gal's ultrasound, hopefully I can find it in the messy storeroom :confused:

I am thinking whether to buy a photo printer, save the hassle of going to a shop.

Can get your hub to get more albums coz definitely will develop more :D

I develope my photos using PIXAROLL & photohub.com

Just load the photos u wanna 'wash' .. & they mail to u ..

No need step out of house..

Quality is not bad also..

I kept all too but realised I lost my big gal's ultrasound, hopefully I can find it in the messy storeroom :confused:

I am thinking whether to buy a photo printer, save the hassle of going to a shop.

Can get your hub to get more albums coz definitely will develop more :D

Sounds good. Will also check out pixaroll. I always got to peninsula to develop photos cos of good quality and i like to do white borders but can be a hassle to go all the way there.
my brother did a photobook for his son manyue. About 15 bucks for 40 pics for hardcover book. My dad's working in china and their joint venture does these. If anyone keen, pm me i send u the website but it is in chinese.... i think it is time for me to do a photobook too!

Me no serious outbreaks, maybe just more blackheads ard nose & chin area..

But i guess it was due to not removing my makeup thoroughly.. Cos after preggy, i sometimes feel lethargic, so skincare routine abit 'short-cut' :oops: , & the frequency of doing deep cleansing mask has lessened as well..

But as 'old-wives tales' has it, if the mother has acne outbreaks or spots, the bb is a gal.. :D

One thing bad abt this pregnancy is i have very very bad face breakout...

Anyone facing this?

Me no serious outbreaks, maybe just more blackheads ard nose & chin area..

But i guess it was due to not removing my makeup thoroughly.. Cos after preggy, i sometimes feel lethargic, so skincare routine abit 'short-cut' :oops: , & the frequency of doing deep cleansing mask has lessened as well..

But as 'old-wives tales' has it, if the mother has acne outbreaks or spots, the bb is a gal.. :D

I have plenty of spots :confused:, some say is a boy if there's breakout.
Let's see which is right. :D

Is it.. I got google.. Most sites say got breakout + spots = gal, clear skin = boy ..

Anyway just now went mil plc for dinner.. One of the sister of my hub suddenly 'grabbed' my butt..

She say 'quite firm ah, shd be a boy' ...

Btw, I haven disclose to them the gender yet...

But inside me i was like 'wah, one old wives myth proven true' for me..

Last edited:
Is it.. I got google.. Most sites say got breakout + spots = gal, clear skin = boy ..

Anyway just now went mil plc for dinner.. One of the sister of my hub suddenly 'grabbed' my butt..

She say 'quite firm ah, shd be a boy' ...

Btw, I haven disclose to them the gender yet...

But inside me i was like 'wah, one old wives myth proven true' for me..
Haha! 1st time heard of the butt thingy. My butt is flabby for many years coz fat. Haha! But 1st one is boy leh.

Sounds good. Will also check out pixaroll. I always got to peninsula to develop photos cos of good quality and i like to do white borders but can be a hassle to go all the way there.
my brother did a photobook for his son manyue. About 15 bucks for 40 pics for hardcover book. My dad's working in china and their joint venture does these. If anyone keen, pm me i send u the website but it is in chinese.... i think it is time for me to do a photobook too!
Ya. Photobook is gd. I always buy from groupon n make 1 photobook a year for my son. When he grows up, will pass all these albums to him. Hahaha! For memory sake.

ya lor.. Me too..

What if the mtb before preggy alrdy has firm butt or as wat u say flabby butt..

But i did ask her how she came abt this 'theory'

She say when she was preggy wif her 2 sons last time.. Pple grab her butt & say is firm & tey guess is boy..

Haha! 1st time heard of the butt thingy. My butt is flabby for many years coz fat. Haha! But 1st one is boy leh.

ya lor.. Me too..

She say when she was preggy wif her 2 sons last time.. Pple grab her butt & say is firm & tey guess is boy..
This one soo funny...

Hmmm wondering.. No sewing on bed.. But if bring seamstress to alter ok?? A few of my Asos too big Le..
Thinking ask d seamstress draw mark instead of pin the altering areas when I has d clothings on..

I went tailor to make dress for cny..

I also bought few dresses for her to alter.. She ask me wear the dress come out, then she use pin to like mark the area to sew in..

Hmmm wondering.. No sewing on bed.. But if bring seamstress to alter ok?? A few of my Asos too big Le..
Thinking ask d seamstress draw mark instead of pin the altering areas when I has d clothings on..

Ur asos here alrdy?.. I'm still waiting.. has been a mth le.. hmmm...

ya lor.. Me too..

Seriously, i think i will scream if ppl touch my butt. Haha!

More and more confused.. lol so sorry for keep asking. What is the difference? I want to send my bb to classes whereby he/she can interact with other kids at the same time learning and prepare for nursery etc. So which 1 should I go?

If it's just to interact, can go for those 30 mins classes, e.g. music and movement (Kindermusik) can start as early as 6 months as kids love music. There's oso gym classes e.g. Gymboree, can oso start very young, the moment they start to crawl and move about. Then there's 1-2 hr classes conducted by Julia Gabriel's, GUG and the likes, whereby they do art and craft, music and movement, storytelling, phonics (optional), Chinese, etc. I think for about 12 months onwards. All these are parents accompanied.

By 18 months, they can go for parent unaccompanied classes, 2-3 hrs kind where they will get to do simple art and craft, music and movement, storytelling, phonics (optional), Chinese, etc.

Hope this clarifies. Any further questions, feel free to ask :)

Just wondering, some mtbs looking for infant care is becos they have to get to the work force??

Do sahm send their bb to infant care then?

Me sahm...I won't be looking for infant care. But I know some sahm runs home business and or have more than 1 kiddo, so they usually will have different baby care arrangements. Really depends on circumstances.

Like though I'm sahm, I started my girl in childcare at 18 months cos we plan to start trying for no.2 after that. We feel if I get preggy, by then no.1 should have been settled into cc already so transition will be smoother. Plus we don't get help from our parents. But seriously different sahm has different plans, like working mums/ MTBs :)

1 of my sahm Fren sends her no.1 to cc, no.2 to nanny cos she has home business plus they prefer no maids :) So it's like quasi-sahm heee...

What are your plans?

Wow! That is almost most of the chores! I was exclaiming to my husband, wah i cant do this, wah i cant do that, while reading this. Then he said, okok, you don't do. Haha..

Ouch! Mosquito spray cannot :( Recently I discovered there are mossies in the nights and will only go for my girl when we are all tucked in. Was thinking can fumigate the room with mossie spray. Right now just using mossie patch on her cot. She got bitten about 13 bites over 2 nights, so angry, and to think we live on the 17th floor. There's not still water in the house too, so no mossie breeding grounds in the house.

Other household chores really not doing much now, basic daily necessities I'll do but will leave general cleaning to part time cleaner.

But floor still need to sweep more than once a week. I use the magic clean standing wipe, 10 mins fast job. I think my heaviest task now is laundry, especially the beddings. Heavy NTUC bags oso greatly down scaled, since not cooking much now.

Eating cautions seriously may be quite a chore :(

With no.1 I was very careful... Now with no.2 I just try to avoid undercooked food and potentially unclean food as listeria is still a concern nonetheless. Previously I would totally avoid deli meat, but now I'll get them warmed up (well done) before eating. So we can still enjoy our favourite food if we exercise some cautions :)

Indeed, the baby inside of us is most precious, so don't feel bad about exercising some judgment throughout the pregnancy, the benefits may go a long way :) Making informed decisions shouldn't make us paranoid too la... just trust our instincts and have a safe and happy pregnancy :)

I announced to friends at 11wks and family and close friends much earlier on. is a personal decision but no right or wrong way to do it. Depends on your comfort level.
I preferred to do it after 2 stable scans but before the downs test.

@little_eel
1: unless your fren is in the group already and add u den dun need add me. yr fren can u in directly. many are doing that.
2: those u dun need add admin is coz its a closed group not secret . its diff. closed group mean you can easily find when type group name in fb den u just cick join and wait for admin to accept. secret means nobody can find the group. hope this clarify yr doubt
3: and yes its a secret. only member in the group can see what member post

Thanks for the clarification. Let us know when you change the group setting from "secret" to "closed". :)

Hi fairy tale, y u leave yr job after u discover u pregnant? I m also feeling very stress up recently.. Been having the tots of quitting n making me depress. My current job required me to fly to 3rd world countries at least twice a month. Ever since I pregnant, I stop flying. Told my boss I will fly after 1st tri, but now with my spotting I don feel like flying anymore till birth. This will definitely affect my job n make me feel depress every time I feel I m not performing to my boss expectation. Keeping thinking of my job even though I m on hospital leave now. My hubby ask me to quit so that I will not be so stress up n affect the baby..but when think about the extra income, I pull back again. Haiz..fear of not having enough scare me.

Ur asos here alrdy?.. I'm still waiting.. has been a mth le.. hmmm...
Mine long here..but I oli tried 4 out of the many..am thinking no point return
Quite prompt lei..3weeks delivery time.
U check out the delivery date they indicate?? Can track status de..

Ouch! Mosquito spray cannot :( Recently I discovered there are mossies in the nights and will only go for my girl when we are all tucked in. Was thinking can fumigate the room with mossie spray. Right now just using mossie patch on her cot. She got bitten about 13 bites over 2 nights, so angry, and to think we live on the 17th floor. There's not still water in the house too, so no mossie breeding grounds in the house.

Other household chores really not doing much now, basic daily necessities I'll do but will leave general cleaning to part time cleaner.

But floor still need to sweep more than once a week. I use the magic clean standing wipe, 10 mins fast job. I think my heaviest task now is laundry, especially the beddings. Heavy NTUC bags oso greatly down scaled, since not cooking much now.

Ahhh.. mozzies is a big problem. I think maybe you can google online to see if they got recommend any natural solutions to mix to ward off mozzies? Like pandan leaves chase off cockroach, that kind? At least natural ingredients, may be safer.

If you are feeling comfy to do abit of sweeping then it should be okie. :) Sometimes I feel I carry too heavy, my stomach will feel v tired and I really feel my stomach getting dragged down. Was doing some CNY grocery shopping yesterday with husband, I carried abit only, I feel heavy liao.

Thanks for the clarification. Let us know when you change the group setting from "secret" to "closed". :)

@little_eel : for now we have no plans to change to closed group as many wants to keep it a secret. they wan a place where they can rant and ask qn without family and friends knowing. a place where they can be comfortable in. I will have to respect my 80+ members. thanks :) so do let me know if you wanna join in our little secret group

Last edited:
@little_eel : for now we have no plans to change to closed group as many wants to keep it a secret. they wan a place where they can rant and ask qn without family and friends knowing. a place where they can be comfortable in. I will have to respect my 80+ members. thanks :) so do let me know if you wanna join in our little secret group
Hi mummyof3jays, can u add me to fb group..under kukusoh.. Thanks

Hi,

I am new mother. Not sure if anyone had EDD in 15 Aug 2015. I just have my OSCAR test last week. So excited to know if my baby is boy or girl.

hihi welcome :)

we do have a few mid aug mummies in our fb group :)

think oscar cannot see gender yet... i ask for mine in jan... cant see .. hehe

Back