(2014) ivf mummies support group

Hi can anyone advise how to pump and store bm if we go overseas? I mean when we are overseas. How to bring back to SG? Or do we just pump and throw away in the other country if we are not bringing our LO there and cannot DL?

Hi can anyone advise how to pump and store bm if we go overseas? I mean when we are overseas. How to bring back to SG? Or do we just pump and throw away in the other country if we are not bringing our LO there and cannot DL?

Pump and bring back u can hand carry the bm back. All mummies does that

How to bring back? The most you can bring back two days worth of milk if you intend to use them straight away. Coz you will freeze them overseas and once thawed, you can't re freeze them.

Same here I also got part time helper to help during weekend. Sumiko you using yaolan too? So everything like me 2 Sets for 2 houses?
Sigh. My baby discharge already but still having fever. .
Hi Lynn.. yes I'm using yaolan.. so is my mil.. I'm glad tt a colleague gave me many hand me down including a movable yaolan.. cos she has 2 sets of everything n her son is alrd 2 yo.
How is your gal now?

How to bring back? The most you can bring back two days worth of milk if you intend to use them straight away. Coz you will freeze them overseas and once thawed, you can't re freeze them.
Yup! That's the thing I wanna ask too. Mschar, I remember you mentioning that you went to BKK after you delivered. So how did you bring back your bm?

Hi Lynn.. yes I'm using yaolan.. so is my mil.. I'm glad tt a colleague gave me many hand me down including a movable yaolan.. cos she has 2 sets of everything n her son is alrd 2 yo.
How is your gal now?
So good your colleague gave you can save money. Mine also movable one hehe.
Sigh my girl readmitted again.

Yup! That's the thing I wanna ask too. Mschar, I remember you mentioning that you went to BKK after you delivered. So how did you bring back your bm?

I didn't bring back. I used it to wash my face while there.

I hv stored enough before I go on the trip for my daughter.

Just pump there to maintain supply. But even so, I find my supply dipped when I am bk but after awhile will come back if u latch and pump regularly

Hi sham like cheery, kitkats and snow. How did you manage to take care of baby yourself? Is it all by yourself? I am going to be sham for 2 weeks after my baby discharge as nobody will be helping me. Cannot imagine. . Go toilet or shower also like very hard?

lynn-hope ur ger recovers fully soon! i m takin care of my baby mostly by myself now.. very testin of patience. esp on cranky days... brg out also got challenges.. i find tat sleep in carrier 2much, cum back dun wan 2sleep in cot...

Hi sham like cheery, kitkats and snow. How did you manage to take care of baby yourself? Is it all by yourself? I am going to be sham for 2 weeks after my baby discharge as nobody will be helping me. Cannot imagine. . Go toilet or shower also like very hard?
Lynn, just come up with a routine and you will be fine. Try to do everything when baby is sleeping. That's how I've been managing.

Actually I really cannot imagine how U all can handle the baby. Cheerywalnuts I really salute U two adults to two babies. I can have the whole family helping also very difficult. They cry feed all different time it's like we dedicate the whole time to them we can't even get our own chores done. At home difficult, bring both out also difficult. Maybe it's just my girls not cooperative. They cry more than they smile now. Stroller also don't like sleep in, carrier must see mood.

Actually I really cannot imagine how U all can handle the baby. Cheerywalnuts I really salute U two adults to two babies. I can have the whole family helping also very difficult. They cry feed all different time it's like we dedicate the whole time to them we can't even get our own chores done. At home difficult, bring both out also difficult. Maybe it's just my girls not cooperative. They cry more than they smile now. Stroller also don't like sleep in, carrier must see mood.
I notice my girl has up and down times. For example, her up time is when she just finishes her milk, she will be in good mood. Then I'll seize the opportunity to bathe her before she changes her mood (down time). I find it challenging to pacify her if she cries when I need to bathe her and dress her up. There was one night while I was wiping her body, she suddenly cried and screamed frantically as though I was torturing her. Took me quite a while to calm her down before I could put on her diaper and clothes for her. Don't know what she's angry about.

Lynn hope your girl have a speedy recovery. Set up a routine with your girl. Definitely will have unpredicted times when bb cranky n dun want to sleep or feeling uncomfortable. Most important dun panic n be calm in handling the bbs. Try calming the baby by talking or smoothing the ear or mb latching. Try to discover the cause of the each cries n soon u will be able to differentiate the cries. I do most of the things when bbs asleep.. Try to catch some sleep when they sleeping too
Iwantahealthybaby, we also exploring n learning along the way. Manage to identify n differentiate the cries n character of each bb whether it is hunger, carry me, discomfort, wind, etc they will give us a big smile when we satisfy their needs. It's all worth it when we see their smile. :D i have been bringing them out quite frequently.. abt 3/4 times a wk.. They sleep most of the time when in stroller only wake up to.nurse.. We feed them fm initially when out.. now i latch them directly..Easier n faster.. just put a nursing cover over or go to nursing room in shopping mall..

Faithfullyyours, yap i fully agreed. I also realised tt must feed bb first b4 bathing or wiping session so they will be less cranky.. ur girl mb feeling cold or stomach discomfort due to wind.. mb can try applying ruyi oil on the tummy first.. It can help to smoothe the bb as it's warm.. Usually i will cover their body parts with the towel while dressing them up to minimise the expose area to coldness especially at night.. i will close the windows n off the fan during night wiping session

Last edited:
Cheerywalnuts, hi^5! I always switch off the fan when I change her clothes, change her diaper, bathe her, wipe her body. Maybe that night I forgot to close the windows. Yes direct latch is always very convenient outside and less things to bring out. I also always latch my girl when we go out. My nursing cover has become my best buddy! Hehe! I also bring her out 3 to 4 times a week. I also do household chores and sleep with her when she's sleeping.

Faithfully and cheery, I really peifu you all. For me 2 adults to 1 also very jia lat.
Joy, I feel you as my baby also the same. The mood got ups and downs. Especially when the cry and scream time really don't know what to do haha.
So everyone is sleepless night too? The sleeping is really on and off no longer the full 7 hours sleep for me last time.

i m in dilemma on whether it is ok 2feed baby b4 bath / wipe...

when we r returning @night, usually baby will b hungry already.. we try 2hold back è feedin till aft bath n baby will cry most of è bathin session...

lik adults we try 2avoid bathin aft a full meal...

have u all tried 2nurse while walkin? i very sian of sittin @starbucks or nursin rm 2feed baby.. i wanted 2explore usin é sling pouch 2feed while walkin..

once baby is older, lik mayb more than 4m, i think baby can hold their neck n nurse in carrier liao..

sleepin @night depends.. smtimes @good days, baby sleep @last feed abt 10pm, then dream feed through è night 2/3 hr interval... not so good nights like 2 days ago, can dun sleep well throughout.. swaddle, white noise, change diaper, ruyi oil, ridwind all canot.. carry on my body can sleep, once i put back on our bed wake up... more 2learn..

Last edited:
Lynn, I'm sure you can do it too! It takes a bit of time and practice.

Joy, I do walk around sometimes while nursing.

I also nurse every 2 to 3 hours in the night. Sometimes I can even nurse every hour during day time. My friend said maybe my girl has small appetite thus a frequent eater. Her output so far so good.

By the way, do you all record all your feedings and diaper change? I downloaded this app called "Feed Baby". This app is quite cool! It can help to time how long you nurse on each breast, how much volume you pump out, whether baby pee or poo. It also has reminder alarms to remind you to check your baby's diaper after 3 hours, to feed your baby after 3 hours, to pump after 3 hours.

Last edited:
Lynn, yap those were the days for 7 hrs sleep. Now is bbs latch on demand n we sleep during non demand Haha

Joy, i haven tried nursing while walking cos bb neck still not strong enough. tried nursing at train station.. cos went in the train gantry then bb wants to feed.. Lucky got place to sit just wear the nursing cover very convenient.. Usually i give half or 3/4 feed before shower.. night wipe session is ok for full feed.

I bath my girl before feeding cause like what joy say bath after meal like tummy big big lol. Now my girls enjoy bathing so still ok. Occasionally will cry that is when they are super sleepy and yet I bath them disturb their sleep. Other than that I feed after bath. My bathing session is in the early evening.

Cheery salute U can bring twins out so often I only bring one out at a time. Both out I think chaos. Maybe my girls cry a lot that's why hard to handle. Plus they hate in stroller so worst. What stroller did u get for your twins.

At how many months their neck support will be strong? My girls one still not very strong. They are the smaller range at 25percentile only.

Oh better for baby to take shower in the morning. I Bath my girl around 8-10am then evening will do sponge Bath as in wipe wipe only. My girl also cry a lot so I very scare to bring her out too.

Iwantahealthybaby, i got iCandy apple to pear double stroller.. Lie it flat in sleeping position so both of them usually sleep thruout while in stroller. Both necks still not strong but they able to lift their heads n push themselves forward with their kicks during tummy time

Faithfullyyours, same here i bathe them ard 9 to 10am in the morning n wipe during 7-8pm

Last edited:
My girl also bath in the morning about 7 to 8am. then wipe in afternoon and wipe again in the evening about 9pm.

she hates the wiping process but loves it when she is all cleaned and changed.

Nowadays we feed her while propping half a body with an adult pillow. It seems to help her burp easier and she is less likely to puke milk out (poss less movement while drinking and during burping).

I am looking forward to her neck being strong. now still topple here topple there... such a fragile feeling

and kudos to all of you! you all make motherhood seem so easy! I am still fumbling around when changing clothes. my next milestone is to learn how to bathe her.

Cheery, I also have started tummy time for my girl once a day. She can lift up her head and turn sideway. Sometimes we let her sleep chest down.

My elder hates tummy time. Awhile only cry and cry that lazy girl :( I really don't know how to train her for stronger neck support.

Hahaha I now very sleepy in morning I try to catch up on my sleep before I start my day. Anyway when I send them ifc next time they will bath her in mrn or noon so I shall let it be. I guess I'm the only one who bath them early evening say 5-6pm Lolx but I close all Wdw and fan.

My girls almost 3months but bottles teats still cannot take fast flow. Previously I try pigeon wide neck I change teat to 1m+ they like fighting to Catch their breathe. Then avent I try 3m they also cannot. The thing about avent Classic teats my girls tend to keep fiddling with them using their tongue so I am still searching for the best bottle. Imagine at 3rd month almost still finding which bottle.

By the way mummies who bf, U all latch using cradle position sitting down? Try sleeping and bf? I don't know why but when I latch my younger girl be it I sit down and cradle her or I lay down and turn and Feed her I realise she doesn't gulp down the milk. Tend to burp out milk. Don't know how much she drink and IsIt burp out all.

Now my girl totally rejects bottle feeding. So I'm total breastfeeding. My friend asked me to try Nuk bottle and teat. Then i realise another 2 friends are also using it. Maybe I'll buy one and try during this weekends baby fair. I keep all my Avent bottles up because i don't use them anymore and only leave my Medela breast pump in my steriliser. Now I pump alternate days once in the morning. I freeze all those that I pump out.

Iwantahealthybaby, i got iCandy apple to pear double stroller.. Lie it flat in sleeping position so both of them usually sleep thruout while in stroller. Both necks still not strong but they able to lift their heads n push themselves forward with their kicks during tummy time

Faithfullyyours, same here i bathe them ard 9 to 10am in the morning n wipe during 7-8pm

Cheery Where did u get the icandy stroller. Looks quite good can use single or double right..so when u got it the seats U need to ownself chose which type Isit?

Iwantahealthybaby, i got it from baby market fair last oct.. mb u can go baby world fair this wkend to see. It's very sturdy n easy to push. Most important is when go up kerb it is very easy to lift up. Very user friendly for ladies. Yap it can be use as single or double. The seats are detachable. I only choose the model n colour of the flavour hoods.

Ic cheery. How much did u get it for? Cause U mention baby lay flat means the stroller seat is the bassinet type Isit? Cause I google see the got the usual seats recline 3 position or the bassinet type where baby lay flat but bassinet means when they grow up must change buy the seats.

Iwantahealthybaby, nope is not bassinet.. It's the stroller seat n can lie flat as the seat can adjust to different positions. I nv get the bassinet. Bought it at $1.5k.. just saw the participating brands think they are not at baby world fair

Attachments

• 1421900548375.jpg
    1421900548375.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Ya cheerywalnuts I just saw also not participating lol. Saw something similar the brand contours maybe I shall get that. Haha but my parents going to scold me for buying and buying. I already got one double stroller side by side and two single strollers lol

Iwantahealthybaby, no hurry to buy look ard n try out the different strollers since u got strollers already hehe
Usually fair have good deals for strollers. April baby market will have alot too hehe

went 4 baby massage n learnt my baby got a lot of gas in stomach.. n it could be é main cause of baby not sleepin well. if baby weight gain is good, no need 2feed everytim baby cry..

i still hav a cranky baby 2day.. battle continues.. tryin ridwind for most day feed 2day...

Last edited:
went 4 baby massage n learnt my baby got a lot of gas in stomach.. n it could be é main cause of baby not sleepin well. if baby weight gain is good, no need 2feed everytim baby cry..

i still hav a cranky baby 2day.. battle continues.. tryin ridwind for most day feed 2day...
I kenna it too when my baby was after week 6 till about week 11. After that will be better. I think I like everyday give a few times ridwind that time. Massage will helps to improve the wind in the stomach.
My sham starting tomorrow. I cannot imagine everything all by myself.

lynn-jus tak care of bb n catch ur sleep... dun think abt housework.. hope ur ger recover fully soon! hugzz...

my baby so cranky n i was so desperate.. i carry baby in carrier n do laundry...

Joy at least Ur bb likes carrier. Mine don't like. Tell u I got difficult girls. Stroller cannot carrier also cannot. Unless they are super sleepy can sleep inside awhile. Think they only like their bouncer cause can rock.

Bud jiayou Ya. U can do it. Hope your girl recover soon and regain appetite

Hmm.. btw how sham take their lunch? Bring baby go downstairs and buy?
Joy, I understand how you feelm just hang on their and when your baby reach 3 months will be better.
I am same like my buddy. My girl don't like sling, stroller and carrier I still yet to try. She only wants carry.

Terrible don't know why when I go out see babies in their stroller sleeping so soundly I so envy. But then again what to do no matter how tough and difficult I still must love this feeling. It's my babies.

Mummies on a side note, Cny is coming no more dreading going to relatives house hehe cause we got baby in our hands already. No more qns when is your turn. The next qns is when next one.

my one unless sound also if not canot put in stroller also... will scream lik murder.. food is luxury 4me.. smtimes he good boy i can cook proper noodles. if baby is in bad mood, i dun even hav time 2eat bread.. still need 2do laundry if not 1 time wash too much no place 2dry. n clean è floor too.. super dusty!!

borrowed some baby books from library, they r ok if we carry babies in.. still thinkin of good position 2read story book...

yeah, come cny hopefully b a merrier one.

iwahb-enjoy dressin up ur twinnies gers for cny!

went kkivf 2send dr thh thank u card n cakes.. so happy got 2say hi to him.. sittin @kkivf burpin baby brg back memories!

Joy, you are all Alone also? No one to help? You manage to find ifc already?
Same I today do laundry, shower baby then after that she vomited got to clean her again. I am feeling like don't know what is called a proper sleep. Only sleep like 1 or 2 hours wake up and it repeats.
Others how did you manage to take your lunch? When baby is sleeping I manage to go shower myself. But buy lunch really like very difficult as my baby is sick don't want to bring her down.

Yes joy I am trying to find Cny clothes for them already hehe. It's going to be a busy Cny for me. Handling them is enough.

By the way mummies, bb at 3 months still drinking 2-3hrly 100ml only. When can drop to 5 feeds per day at 4hr apart. My girls can't take more than 100ml per feed.

I think my baby has grown up. Nowadays she chooses to take her nap time without us to coax her to sleep after bath and feed which will commence from 12 noon and usually she will only wake up at around 3 pm. That allows me to do laundry, household chores, have brunch and nap. Night time she is also beginning to sleep 3 hours straight before her next feed.

Our stroller seat is also the car seat. So in a way she has gotten used to sitting in the same seat. So she usually doesn't cry very much when we push her in the stroller. If she's in the carrier, basically she sleeps throughout.

One thing I also notice recently about her is she no longer likes to be forced, e.g., I try to latch her and she no longer like me to push her head to my nipples. She will reject but if I let her find my nipples on her own by placing her head near my nipples, she will be happily suckling them.

Last edited:

Back