(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Think the deals for the fair are priced quite attractively coz it is really more exp if get from normal retail. Plus think no one wants to chiong sales in third trimester coz too tiring ba so this is probably the last baby fair before mummies here starts to pop in May :p

Monday passes sooooo slow....i miss my weekends!

My hubby dont like squeezing with crowds so i aso gonna miss this fair againnnnn...... CNY coming gonna spend alot on goodies, n esp ang pows!!!! ~stress~ anyone manage buy nice CNY maternity clothes? Tinking where to buy, cos im worried online size dont really fit :(

Yes, realize really cannot fit into pre pregnancy clothes like when having #1 anymore. Feel so uncomfortable today with my top too tight at the hips lol

wow. the checklist is so comprehensive. but still dont know what is essential for baby. it's our first baby. so will be going to the baby fair with my mum. she will be my guide. haha. hopefully to go on friday to avoid the weekend crowd.
i also have not get any clothes for CNY. best not to get too many. ;)

me too. i also have not get cny clothes. scared buy now, cant fit in feb. have not get confinement lady, massage lady. i am sooo late. anybody delivering in mount A?

me too. i also have not get cny clothes. scared buy now, cant fit in feb. have not get confinement lady, massage lady. i am sooo late. anybody delivering in mount A?
Sapphire09: I will be delivering at Mt A. My first baby.

Thinking of getting some maternity clothes and bras at the fair. They are getting tight now.

Anyone was at the mothercare fair today? The q was crazy...q to get in and q to pay. Nothing fantastic. Those special offers with limited sets were gone long ago.

Anyone was at the mothercare fair today? The q was crazy...q to get in and q to pay. Nothing fantastic. Those special offers with limited sets were gone long ago.

Oh thanks for letting us know! I was in fact contemplating to go on Wed when it's open to public. Guess I will just go on weekends since limited stuff are all gone.

This Friday I going to detailed scan.... Waited so long my last scanning is during Oscar test till now.... Can't wait to see by waive at us :)

After see doc will Chong to baby fair
Hahahaahah

Hi.. any mummies here have fainting feeling and see stars at this stage? I m perfectly ok previously and blood test all good. But these few days, started to have racing heart. This morning my vision turned dim while waiting for the lift. I have taken my breakfast. I m 1st time mummy and 25 weeks pregnant. Hope to get some advices here. Thank you very much!

I'm also having the racing/thumping heartbeats and makes me feel a difficult to breathe at times. I realise i get it usually after i have my meals. Don't understand why too...

Hi.. any mummies here have fainting feeling and see stars at this stage? I m perfectly ok previously and blood test all good. But these few days, started to have racing heart. This morning my vision turned dim while waiting for the lift. I have taken my breakfast. I m 1st time mummy and 25 weeks pregnant. Hope to get some advices here. Thank you very much!
I had similar issues. My vision blurred, perspiring, heart racing. And I did passed out for about 5 mins and thankfully hubby was by my side. I woke up and realised i was already on the floor. Went to the hospital, baby's alright. That was my main priority concern. But the problem was my sugar level too low.
Always keep some snacks/sweets in your bag. And have full meal if you think you'll be outdoor for quite awhile.

I also had dizzy spells and fainting feeling previously. Gynae checked my blood and said i'm anaemic. Actually I'm already mild anaemic before pregnant. She said our blood haemoglobin will decrease as we progress in the pregnancy, so it might slowly get worse since i'm anaemic to start with. So she changed my normal multivits to iron ones. And i got to eat high iron food. Much better now, seldom have dizzy spells already. Meanwhile, u can try eating more high iron food like beef, mutton, spinach, red dates etc.... before you get to see your gynae to ask abt it.

Wow look like all mummy will be at baby fair hahaha...
I also going because i think can get all things that we need in 1 shot! I have list down what to buy like : baby crib, folding bath tub, breast pump, ect!
what's foldable bath tub like?
Think the deals for the fair are priced quite attractively coz it is really more exp if get from normal retail. Plus think no one wants to chiong sales in third trimester coz too tiring ba so this is probably the last baby fair before mummies here starts to pop in May :p
oh realyl last baby fair already ah? then stress ah still so many things haven't buy yet!!!
yar i had that on and off in 1/2nd trimester too... blood count and Hb levels are all normal... is probably the blood pressure drops too coz in first half of pregnancy blood pressure decreases with the increased blood volume and dilated veins... usually cannot stand long when i take trains... if you see vision start to blur do squat down or find a seat. most impt is not to pass out coz might hit baby and injure him/her

what's foldable bath tub like?

oh realyl last baby fair already ah? then stress ah still so many things haven't buy yet!!!

yar i had that on and off in 1/2nd trimester too... blood count and Hb levels are all normal... is probably the blood pressure drops too coz in first half of pregnancy blood pressure decreases with the increased blood volume and dilated veins... usually cannot stand long when i take trains... if you see vision start to blur do squat down or find a seat. most impt is not to pass out coz might hit baby and injure him/her
Thank you all for the advices. Just came back from gynea but he can't really tell what is the main cause of the faint feeling. My blood pressure looks okay at 70/120. He just advised me to sit down or squard down when I feel faint.. I think I got no choice but to bear with it and eat more nutritious food.

i think there is another baby fair in April...forgot where I saw the info so please don't take my words for it. :p
but even if there is, by then very heavily pregnant already...should be challenging to chiong baby fair hor?

ah..mummies..sorry. i think is a stupid question to ask. my gynae say the EDD is 12 May but is based on 40 weeks ? that means for normal scenarios, it will be 36 weeks? and my real EDD is somewhere mid April ah?

Ya 40weeks... Safe for delivery after 36weeks, but normally 2-3weeks before EDD! Emmmmm, good to prepare urself during april if early delivery lor...
I had induce twice, so never experience the symptoms !!!! :(

Went to mothercare fair earlier on, q to get in n to pay was fast today. But din alot, only cotton buds, some basic bb rompers, breastpads thats all. Spent only $28! Lol! The rest like towels n hankie will buy from those hdb central shops..

ah..mummies..sorry. i think is a stupid question to ask. my gynae say the EDD is 12 May but is based on 40 weeks ? that means for normal scenarios, it will be 36 weeks? and my real EDD is somewhere mid April ah?

not stupid question coz i had this question also before. haha...
EDD is based on 40 weeks but heard that the norm is usually 38 weeks or so - but different for everybody, difficult to gauge. Hospital bag should pack early cos can happen anywhere from 36-40 weeks.
My sister had both her pregnancies reached 40 weeks and showed no signs of delivering, so she induced for both once reached 40 weeks because her pelvic area was under too much pressure and pain.
My colleague had her first pregnancy 5 weeks early - she didn't have any complications, water bag just burst and baby just came early. :)

Yup, my friend had pains n her water bag burst 2 mths before EDD!! Baby stayed in SGH for more than a mth... Baby just cant wait to see the world......

Ya 40weeks... Safe for delivery after 36weeks, but normally 2-3weeks before EDD! Emmmmm, good to prepare urself during april if early delivery lor...
I had induce twice, so never experience the symptoms !!!! :(
Gal, when u say normally 2-3 weeks before EDD..the EDD is refering to the 40weeks one or ?

Attachments

• bath tub.jpg
    bath tub.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 212
Gal, when u say normally 2-3 weeks before EDD..the EDD is refering to the 40weeks one or ?

Yup, the 40weeks EDD :) By right max is 42weeks, by then doc most prob will induce... But also depends on bb weight & mum size... I had both kid induced at 38weeks, so hoping for purely symptoms this time round(spotting, mucus plug drops, water bag burst).. Haha at least can experience the whole process...

Hi, May mummy-to-be
I have the following items to let go as I've brought too much or unused. All are BN
If you are interested, pls pm
1. Huggies newborn - 3 pack for $20
2. Mummy poko newborn - 2 pack for $25
If take all diaper, foc a loose pack of huggies newborn which left about half.
3. Disposal panties - 2 pack for $5
4. Maternity pad $6
5. Medela purelan nipple cream $10
6. Avent nipple protector $10

Attachments

• 1421764235641.jpg
    1421764235641.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 1421764255386.jpg
    1421764255386.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 162
  • 1421764281540.jpg
    1421764281540.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 1421764298372.jpg
    1421764298372.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 1421764313598.jpg
    1421764313598.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 1421764330486.jpg
    1421764330486.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 174
Hi mummies,

Got a qns.. I'm currently in week 23, having sinus infection.
Been to GP, was given antibiotic.
Is it safe for me to take?
GP ensure is ok for pregnancy but friends r telling me better don't.
But is almost a week n I'm feeling terrible, can't breath.
How... :(

If gp has said its ok, I suppose, shld be ok. Rather than u suffer yourself and even put more risk to the baby.

Rest well and get well soon

Yup, the 40weeks EDD :) By right max is 42weeks, by then doc most prob will induce... But also depends on bb weight & mum size... I had both kid induced at 38weeks, so hoping for purely symptoms this time round(spotting, mucus plug drops, water bag burst).. Haha at least can experience the whole process...
i hope the bb can come out just in time for our birthday month..which is may..lol. i hope la

i hope the bb can come out just in time for our birthday month..which is may..lol. i hope la
I also hope baby will arrive in time specifically few days before the EDD. Cos my hubby's birthday is just days before. Haha. Would be nice to share same birthday as her daddy. Her daddy and his 前世情人.

I also hope baby will arrive in time specifically few days before the EDD. Cos my hubby's birthday is just days before. Haha. Would be nice to share same birthday as her daddy. Her daddy and his 前世情人.
my EDD is exactly a day after his daddy birthday. if 2 weeks earlier, it will fall into mine. my hub say if same day as us no good. cos next time his gf will not be happy cos he need to celebrate birthday with his daddy all the time lol..cannot celebrate with his gf lol

Wah. So lucky.
Ur hubby already think so far for the future gf liao. Kudos man. Can always have early or belated birthday celebration Or celebrate together oso quite sweet wor.

Another reason why I hope baby comes before her EDD is because of the school holidays. Always feel sad when my friends' birthday falls in the school holidays when I was young.

Thank you all for the advices. Just came back from gynea but he can't really tell what is the main cause of the faint feeling. My blood pressure looks okay at 70/120. He just advised me to sit down or squard down when I feel faint.. I think I got no choice but to bear with it and eat more nutritious food.
Mine is also in that range, but blood pressure can fluctuate... and usually when you least expect it... so just take care of yourself ya
usually recommend pack hospital bag before 36 weeks, and start waiting then already. can be anytime between then and your EDD or after, it's all up to your LO to decide ler.
Went to mothercare fair earlier on, q to get in n to pay was fast today. But din alot, only cotton buds, some basic bb rompers, breastpads thats all. Spent only $28! Lol! The rest like towels n hankie will buy from those hdb central shops..
how much are the breastpads? i saw the muslin cloths like very cheap leh... 50pc for only $9.90?? hdb shops got cheaper meh?
Me too, wanna buy this... foldable for easy storage when not using it. :D
whoa really good for storage!

Hello!!! I've been MIA for a while.. had to take a while to catch up on the posts. :p

Wah seh.....2 months early! that means deliver at 32 weeks! Think anyone will be caught by surprise sia
talk about surprise... my #2 decided to give me a "shock" by arriving at 30 weeks.

Mummies - those with Dr John Yam, can i know if he will give MC on the day you see him?
I'm with Dr Yam and from what I understand, he will give. although I have never asked for it when I see him for routine checks, as I always see him either during my lunch hour or after work. just have to ask bah! :)

just came back from mothercare fair. q was v fast, got in within 15mins at around 2pm. plenty of chairs for mummies to sit and queue anyways.
spent about 200 bucks buying milk storage bags, breast pads, tommee tippee bottles ($1.90ea for the smallest size), cotton balls, changing mat etc.
Clevamama foam pillow for baby priced at $29.90 comes with a FOC babymoov nest pillow, I thought pretty good deal!
Aden Anais bamboo swaddles at $49.90 even cheaper than dept stores 20% offer so i grab 1 box also. @starrymommy, u r right, the Bamboo ones are so so soft!
Breastpads are all priced at about $20+ for around 100+pcs. Have tommee tippee, pigeon and philips avent. Range about $25-$28 I think.

Such a pity i couldn't get the clevamama hooded towels at buy 1 get 1 free $29.90. sold out by the time i went! But they have limited sets so I guess unless you go in the early morning, not easy to get this. if anyone is going and happens to see the stocks, please help me get 2 pcs? :p

Lotsa clothings for babies and toddlers for all ages too but I didn't get any coz look like war zone haha...difficult to shop properly. But I think the prices at $5/$10/$15 very worthwhile to buy cute outfits for the little ones.

Was also initially very interested in their silvercross wayfarer stroller at $599. They have almost all colors on display. Only thing is I found it surprisingly heavy, I cannot even lift it with one hand, so I gave up the idea. But colors are very pretty indeed.

Saw a lot of people buying the bath tubs for babies also....not sure if it's really good deal coz $40+ still seems pretty expensive to me for a tub.

Wah. So lucky.
Ur hubby already think so far for the future gf liao. Kudos man. Can always have early or belated birthday celebration Or celebrate together oso quite sweet wor.

Another reason why I hope baby comes before her EDD is because of the school holidays. Always feel sad when my friends' birthday falls in the school holidays when I was young.
lol. we will be the extremely bright light bulbs during the birthday celebration lo. haha.

ours fall during exam period de lo

@doodoo123 the avent breastpads are $10+ for 2packs.. hmm as for e bath towels n hankies i duno leh, outside shops could b abit cheaper i think.. but i just ordered a few pieces frm q10 see hows e quality

Just had my detailed scan today. Baby girl! Had the 3D image too. Baby was pretty cooperative throughout. Thank God!

Dr John Yam can give MC but I didn't take as well.

Checking in after so long. Been so busy with work and my needy gal! By 930pm I'm all zoned out and ready to sleep haha… been exerting myself quite abit, now my lower back and legs are aching so much :(

Dragged out boxes of old baby clothes to sort out. No time and energy to go for baby fairs atm. Need to sort out storage solutions before stocking up on bb stuff. And start looking for a helper! Gosh, issit only 4 months away? Seems like so many things not done!

Back