(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Gly Derm Stretch Mark Cream 125ml -BN&SEALED + $5.00 off voucher
Selling at $15 exclude postage.
Location west, tanjong pagar can be arranged.

hi mummies! i just came back from a trip to Malaysia where there is no wifi. :p so glad to be home! hope everyone's enjoying New Year's Eve.

Happy New Year and also happy feasting!!

Happy new year for all mummies to be! Its gonna be a great year for us and all babies! Happy Jubilee year! Healthy always :)

Last edited:
How's everyone's new year so far? I am super duper exhausted the entire day. Don't know why suddenly like that? Was wondering if it is because baby's going through a growth spurt inside. All I wanna do is curl up under the blanket in bed and just sleep the whole day! Anyone feeling the same way?? :D

How's everyone's new year so far? I am super duper exhausted the entire day. Don't know why suddenly like that? Was wondering if it is because baby's going through a growth spurt inside. All I wanna do is curl up under the blanket in bed and just sleep the whole day! Anyone feeling the same way?? :D

Me too. Spent the whole day in bed. Husband is down with fever and I just cldnt be bothered to do anything, so just lie in bed as well. It didn't help that the bone right under the left breast is just soo painful. Been having the pain on and off, but just now was rather painful. Its like as if there's a bruise on the bone. Cld be baby is growing and been kicking a lil hard on the ribs.
Hope to ask the gynae more next week.

@starrymommy , same here. Today me and hubby just relax at home. Took a nap. Out for dinner awhile and went back home again. I have been feeling more and more quickening movements and pretty confident its baby kicking.. haha. It happens more frequently if i lie sideways.

By the way, where in USA to buy cheaper medela freestyle breastpump? It seems its recommended..

Me too. Spent the whole day in bed. Husband is down with fever and I just cldnt be bothered to do anything, so just lie in bed as well. It didn't help that the bone right under the left breast is just soo painful. Been having the pain on and off, but just now was rather painful. Its like as if there's a bruise on the bone. Cld be baby is growing and been kicking a lil hard on the ribs.

I also having those sharp cold pains..1st time felt it i jus totally curl up too... These 2 days experiencing bad leg and TOE cramps out of the blue, so scary:(

@starrymommy , same here. Today me and hubby just relax at home. Took a nap. Out for dinner awhile and went back home again. I have been feeling more and more quickening movements and pretty confident its baby kicking.. haha. It happens more frequently if i lie sideways.

By the way, where in USA to buy cheaper medela freestyle breastpump? It seems its recommended..

U can try Buybuybaby ... My sis in law bought from there b4.. :)

I feel like my bump has suddenly expanded! Finding it more difficult to sit up, or bend forward to pick up stuff etc. I kinda had to roll off my bed this morning hahaha…

My gal woke us up at 6+ this morning, excited for the new year?!? Went lunch with her godparents and then indoor playgrd to exhaust her energy, in the end its more like exhausting mine. A typical parents kind of new year day.

Yawnz tink Im gonna sleep soon. 1030pm only lol…

Just shopped for large dresses at Lowrys farm with 50% discount! Worth to get after disc as each cost less than $20 (average price of 5 items), can take a look during wkend if u all need clothes..hehe.

Cynn04, tmr my turn to get exhausted...jus enrol kids to sch den both different timing :( faintz... Hopefully wont cranky :rolleyes:

Bone under left breast pain?? Was it due to your sleeping position? Unlikely baby can kick so high up as uterus is still around belly button area only. Can massage a bit to ease the pain?

I also notice more kicking when lying down sideways. Maybe not comfortable so kick? Heh heh!!

I used Medela Freestyle for #1 and #2. But find that it doesn't empty the breasts effectively enough. This time round I'll be using Spectra S1 and M1. Read several reviews that they are quieter and have more powerful suction. Cheaper too! :)

cynn04, I find it difficult to wear my undies!! Lol!!

I also cant figure out, cos once was sudden cold pain when seated, the other while standing... Nv experienced it before, quite odd cos the pain is like 'sharp n cold' ...
Narizah, urs got any cold feeling with the pain?

No cold feeling tho. Just sharp pain. Sleeping position, I have been rotating kinda well during sleep (I'm awake when I rotate myself). Not fix to only one side during sleeping. And I have the long pillow to support the tummy and breast as well. (At times I told my husband if only I can take out my breast and put aside while I sleep/rest! Hehehhe) I still cant put on bra for a longer than an hour else migraine will start. This despite me having bought new bras and have them measured. All sizes seem very uncomfortable.

Google abt the pain and found this.
http://www.bellybelly.com.au/pregnancy/sore-ribs-during-pregnancy-relief-for-rib-pain#.VKVzRJ-wrqA

Happy new year !
I'm in my week 20 and my stomach is not really showing . It's as though I'm in my 2-3 months
When for my detailed scan and was pretty shock to see a well grown baby

It's a boy !!
Have been feeling movements a lot at night and in the morning
Pretty sure it's the baby and it gets annoying when he lays on my bladder. I can go to the toilet like 5 times in 10 mins!
Anyone having same experience ?

Hi all and a Happy New Year!!

I am at week 20 too!!! Edd 20 May hopefully. Going for my detailed scan next week :)

Well my baby has been rather active too these few days. Probably he knows its the new year and yes mommymich. I am going to the toilet every now n then these days. Haha..kinda annoying. Coz each time i get myself comfortable in bed at night, i have to get up to go again. Been having difficulty sleeping at night too. :(

Happy New year to all!

I am in 22 weeks only gain 7kg. Doc say baby probably only 800g.:eek: so light eh...
This baby is always active from evening onwards.

nazriah, hope you will be able to find ways to relieve that pain. have you tried those soft and smooth sleep bras? something like these: http://prettymums.com.sg/mummy/sleep-bras.html they give support and don't restrict movements or cause discomfort around the rib area.

mommymich
, congrats on having a boy! :) having smaller tummy now is good leh. you will be able to get back into shape very fast after delivery. and it sounds like you are on the slim and petite side??

bhiphop29, it's common to find sleep eluding us at this point. I am 22 weeks++ and feeling the strain when switching sides. the ligaments will start pulling out of the blue and I will jolted awake right away.

did you ladies see the SG50 medallion? it's so pretty!

sg50-medallion-data.jpg

Hi all and a Happy New Year!!

I am at week 20 too!!! Edd 20 May hopefully. Going for my detailed scan next week :)

Well my baby has been rather active too these few days. Probably he knows its the new year and yes mommymich. I am going to the toilet every now n then these days. Haha..kinda annoying. Coz each time i get myself comfortable in bed at night, i have to get up to go again. Been having difficulty sleeping at night too. :(

Haha you have the same edd as me !
Ya I'll sleep at 11pm and wake up around 2-3am and try so hard to fall asleep till 6am
And then wake up for the day again at 9am. It's so annoying

@starrymommy , is Spectra S1 and M1 easy to use at office? I feel I wont be able to produce so much milk haha.. I am not petite but my mom also told me she breastfeed each of us 3-6mths only. After that no milk liao.. now looking at stroller and baby crib too. Too confusing..

Yeah i imagine my baby kick bcoz feeling sliding down if i sleep sideways. But too bad its the best position to sleep..going toilet at night is also unavoidable. Usually arouns 2x..

Happy new year !
I'm in my week 20 and my stomach is not really showing . It's as though I'm in my 2-3 months
When for my detailed scan and was pretty shock to see a well grown baby

It's a boy !!
Have been feeling movements a lot at night and in the morning
Pretty sure it's the baby and it gets annoying when he lays on my bladder. I can go to the toilet like 5 times in 10 mins!
Anyone having same experience ?

same here ! I am 24wks next week, yet stomach not showing yet.... hahaha..... I also having been going to toilet non stop !!! suspect bb quite low and is pressing on my bladder cos I have low placenta when I went for my detailed scan.....

I feel like my bump has suddenly expanded! Finding it more difficult to sit up, or bend forward to pick up stuff etc. I kinda had to roll off my bed this morning hahaha…
@cynn04, yaa... me too. I also start to use bra extender, seems my breast also expanding. I cannot imagine how preggy cut toe nails?

@starrymommy , is Spectra S1 and M1 easy to use at office? I feel I wont be able to produce so much milk haha.. I am not petite but my mom also told me she breastfeed each of us 3-6mths only. After that no milk liao.. now looking at stroller and baby crib too. Too confusing..

Yeah i imagine my baby kick bcoz feeling sliding down if i sleep sideways. But too bad its the best position to sleep..going toilet at night is also unavoidable. Usually arouns 2x..

S1 is bulkier, more suitable for home use. very powerful suction though! M1 is smaller and better for the office. you can google and read the reviews, mostly comparing them to the Medela Freestyle. about milk supply, when there is demand, there will be supply. so just latch and latch or pump and pump. you will definitely have more than enough milk for your baby!

Yah as our bump gets bigger cannot cut toenails anymore. During last tri I had to ask my hubby help me wear socks and cut toenails lol. Even help up from the bed. Bathing oso need to put a stool inside and sit down to bathe. And yes, wearing undies or shorts oso difficult. Seriously very clumsy! But its still such a wonderful journey :)

i am in 22 weeks..only gain 3 kg..doc say baby now only 300g...now i very worried

Is your gynae concerned about the baby's weight? Bear in mind its also an estimation. I think i only gained abt 2-3kg oso. If your gynae feels its ok, dun worry too much k. If baby gained too much weight all of a sudden oso not dat good.

Nway i chk my pregnancy app, ard 20 wks bb weight estimated abt 255g. Urs shld be ok le?

Last edited:
newbiemum80, if your gynae isn't concerned and baby is growing well, then no need to be too concerned about it. take more cheese and beef in the meantime and see if baby put on weight at the next scan.

newbiemum80, if your gynae isn't concerned and baby is growing well, then no need to be too concerned about it. take more cheese and beef in the meantime and see if baby put on weight at the next scan.
The gynae did share some concern but I m eating normally le. I eat a lot too. He say by right I should b gaining 5kg at least. I got drink milk n also avocado also. I can't take beef anymore. The taste make me puke

Is your gynae concerned about the baby's weight? Bear in mind its also an estimation. I think i only gained abt 2-3kg oso. If your gynae feels its ok, dun worry too much k. If baby gained too much weight all of a sudden oso not dat good.

Nway i chk my pregnancy app, ard 20 wks bb weight estimated abt 255g. Urs shld be ok le?
Mine is 308 according to the scan

I also feel its alright that baby is now small, will suddenly absorb more as days, weeks or mths passed.. Just continue to have balance diet n lotsa fluid!!

cynn04, congrats!! that's really great news. so all the more pronounced pregnancy symptoms are indeed pointing towards "BOY" for you. :D

Yah lor, I bet with my hubby b4 scan is a boy cos this feels different from e previous pregnancy and I won $10 lolol. But he oso happy lah

Back