IVF/ICSI Support Group

Btw the nos is wrong. I manage to get hm early & chk my file. Its 96209501.
Im so dead whoever I sms..coz I sms my IC nos also. ..I hope no1 will use my ID & do somethg criminal..

Dont worry so much la. Probably that fellow already deleted your sms knowing it's a mistake.

You managed to speak with someone from kkivf?

I'm still waiting for my moment so can't tell if the change of medicine does do me good. My first ivf was puregon. 2nd was gonal f and saizen. The first i ain't got frosties but 2nd has. I'm with KKH.
gonal f with saizen? is saizen used from the start of the cycle throughout? Maybe i can ask Prof abt it during my review next week.

Im so dead whoever I sms..coz I sms my IC nos also. ..I hope no1 will use my ID & do somethg criminal..

You can also try calling 6394-1694, if no one answers the mobile number.

I'm not young and saizen is generally given to ladies of older age to improve egg quality.

I think I was given at the start of the jab with gonal F.

jamp jamp, the pergoveris was given rite from the start from 1st scan throughout my cycle, meaning i had gonal f at nite and pergoveris in the morning.
gonal f with saizen? is saizen used from the start of the cycle throughout? Maybe i can ask Prof abt it during my review next week.
How much gonal f are u given? I was given 225iu during cd4 to cd7,yield only 6 follicles.
Then doc increase to 300 iu gonal f at cd7 review,e follicle increase to 11 at cd 11 scan.

Last edited:
How
how

How much gonal f are u given? I was given 225iu during cd4 to cd7,yield only 6 follicles.
Then doc increase to 300 iu gonal f at cd7 review,e follicle increase to 11 at cd 11 scan.
1st cycle just 300 gonal f throughout . 2nd cycle gonal f 225 + pergoveris (nurse say pergoveris have 150 gonal f in them) so total was 375 gonal f throughout. i had similar results for both cycles...how come my body system so standard ah...even af never fail to delay with the crinone support still on *grumble*

So sorry, which means to say i saved the wrong number too...i hope didnt cause u any trouble

Hi @littlems, 5-6 packs is for 1 person (at least from my personal experience). How long they can last depends on your frequency in taking them, but one month is about right. For tiao-ing and TTC purposes, you typically consume 1 pack for 2 days, rest 1 or 2 days, and then consume for 2 days and so on. TSB will give you specific instructions on which days to take the medicine, which days to rest, and she will give you enough medicine until your next appointment.

I actually think TSB is okay in terms of temperament. I have encountered much worse TCM drs. with PMS issues, haha. They will ask weird questions like "Why do you bother to look for me if you have already decided to do IVF?" or say unpleasant things like "You are not ready to do IVF yet. You need to tiao for some time first. I can't work on you while you do IVF!" Turns out all these things they asked/said were redundant, as my experience with TSB showed. TSB never reprimanded me for doing IVF at the same time that I consulted her, and she was willing to work with my IVF schedule to adjust the herbs to suit the cycle. She proved the other TCM drs. I saw wrong. Turns out I was fine with doing both TCM and IVF at the same time! I'm grateful to TSB for her diligence in this sense. And of course I didn't rebut her when she wanted to take the full credit for my BFP-ing on my 2nd fresh cycle. It is okay to ask questions. She seems to like patients who have confidence in her skills and treatments. Tell her you heard many good recommendations about her on the internet and that you trust her to do the best for you. She likes to receive praise from patients and she will then be nicer to you. I have been seeing her regularly for close to a year and I think she is bearable so far, and very much worth the effort for a baby. :)

I agree with you that acupuncture seems to help more with relaxation but less on fertility. Maybe Dr Zou's acupuncture works magic as many sisters here recommend her. But the acupuncture I did when I was in Sydney presumably for fertility didn't help me.

Haha! Thanks for the tips Archie7 :)

Lovely, ellesie.

It will be 7 oct first scan. How about you? And i can't remember if you've mentioned. ..how many snowbies do you have?

Anyone had many eggs retrieved and had OHSS resulting in the ET cancelled? Worried that I will genna OHSS. Have more than 13 on each side.

[QUOTlittlems, post: 7484681, member: 168448"]Hi kymkym, when I switched from kk to thomson, I just asked my gynae at kk to print out all my reports ever done there (eg blood tests, SA, scans) and brought them to Dr Loh.
But I did not want to give up at kkh yet just to seek other dr advice. Also can?[/QUOTE]

Hi kymkym, I think it's better to have the reports so that the Dr can have a more accurate idea of your situation and provide u better advice. But u can try to make an appt and discuss with the Dr what are the available options first without the reports. Maybe u can tell your gynae u need the reports cos u going to do tcm or something like that? Heh...

Redvel, same. My first scan also on 7th oct. I hv 14 d5 and 2 d6 embbies. Now my concern is the 2 weeks hosp leave will be on my busiest period. I hvnt told my boss yet. Haiz, dun think she will b happy with it

Oh yes I remember now you hit the record of frosties. Hahaah.

Oh same date we have. I told boss this morning already. Actually i still don't know how many HL I will be given. I will ask on 7 oct.

I also feel "bad" being not around much since my ivf started. Especially teammates have to cover me. But I try to work from home at the same time.

I'm not young and saizen is generally given to ladies of older age to improve egg quality.

I think I was given at the start of the jab with gonal F.
im 38, not young too so shld qualify for saizen...i think theres some previous posts of others that have added saizen and it helped...cant think of anything else to explore

im 38, not young too so shld qualify for saizen...i think theres some previous posts of others that have added saizen and it helped...cant think of anything else to explore
Have u tried tcm? Not too sure if tcm works but i am exploring n taking tcm for me n hubby.

I tght the stims were bad, but nooooooooooo :/ this 2ww is worse, killing me oreadi lol! stuck at home alone & the time pass by soooooo slooooow. It's only 3dp3dt for me -.-

Littlebam I find the HL at home very shiok. Me time away from work (although I did work from home). You should occupy yourself with some good tv shows and books!

I know I’m thinking too far as I haven’t even done my ET. When can I do a HPT if my FET is blasto? I know some prefer to wait till BT. For me, I prefer to know bfn or bfp prior to that. Thanks.

I know I’m thinking too far as I haven’t even done my ET. When can I do a HPT if my FET is blasto? I know some prefer to wait till BT. For me, I prefer to know bfn or bfp prior to that. Thanks.
redvel i found this on the web:

5-DAY TRANSFER:

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on

Thanks acadia. I like to know also when is my BT. At least I can hpt a day before to get myself emotionally prepared.

Thanks acadia. I like to know also when is my BT. At least I can hpt a day before to get myself emotionally prepared.
Hi redvel, I had my blastocyst transfer on 28 Jun and BT was scheduled on 14 Jul. Jiayou redvel! I'm also same age as u and I'm now coming to week 16.

NgYL, this is very comforting to hear. There’s still hope for me then (since I’m lao kok kok).

Congrats. Did you have more than one blasto transferred and if you don’t mind me asking, are you expecting singleton or multi?

NgYL, this is very comforting to hear. There’s still hope for me then (since I’m lao kok kok).

Congrats. Did you have more than one blasto transferred and if you don’t mind me asking, are you expecting singleton or multi?
I transferred 2 blastocyst but I'm expecting singleton. My HCG level was 1080 & I initially thought I would have twins...

Yes, stay positive! Relax & don't get tense up!

Redvel, same. My first scan also on 7th oct. I hv 14 d5 and 2 d6 embbies. Now my concern is the 2 weeks hosp leave will be on my busiest period. I hvnt told my boss yet. Haiz, dun think she will b happy with it

Wow!! That's a lot of frosties!
And day 5 is considered blasts?
Also day 6 blasts too!
Ur egg quality must be very good, I read not many embies will make it to blastocysts.

Don't mind I ask, how old r u? And can u share what u did this round to contribute to the good quality eggs bn yielded? Thanks dear. Best of luck to u!

I was told 2k ish by my doc. I checked my last bill and indeed with just transfer and maybe blastocyst culture it should be in the range of 2k. And the medicine I am administered like progynova and cyclogest are inexpensive. But the insurance can get expensive with 3 embies transfer.

NgYL, my situation is i have 5 d2 embies. All will be thawed and cultured to blasto. I will be happy if I could just get one good blasto. If miracle happens and i get 3, yes I will transfer 3. My last d2 transfer was also 3.

Wow!! That's a lot of frosties!
And day 5 is considered blasts?
Also day 6 blasts too!
Ur egg quality must be very good, I read not many embies will make it to blastocysts.

Don't mind I ask, how old r u? And can u share what u did this round to contribute to the good quality eggs bn yielded? Thanks dear. Best of luck to u!

Dramaqueenie, its also beyond my expectation. I hv one failed fresh with no frosties, second cycle aborted as follies din grow. This is my 3rd attempt.
Im 35 this year.
This cycle I did at private clinic. I change to short protocol with 2 months of saizen before proceed to ivf. Im on 400iu puregon. I took conceive well and drink goji red dates daily once I start e ivf. My hubby was on supplements as well.

At wat stage are u now?

Dramaqueenie, its also beyond my expectation. I hv one failed fresh with no frosties, second cycle aborted as follies din grow. This is my 3rd attempt.
Im 35 this year.
This cycle I did at private clinic. I change to short protocol with 2 months of saizen before proceed to ivf. Im on 400iu puregon. I took conceive well and drink goji red dates daily once I start e ivf. My hubby was on supplements as well.

At wat stage are u now?
ellesie which dr did you go to? saizen really makes a difference ah...i have not much eggs for both cycles, both i only transferred 1 with no frosty.

NgYL, my situation is i have 5 d2 embies. All will be thawed and cultured to blasto. I will be happy if I could just get one good blasto. If miracle happens and i get 3, yes I will transfer 3. My last d2 transfer was also 3.
I see. Dr Tan recommended only 2 to be transferred. Out of 4 embryos they have cultured, only 2 survived to blastocyst.

Im 35 this year.

At wat stage are u now?

I am waiting to start my first fresh in January. Hv done all necessary checks n good to proceed with IVF but wanna prep my body for 3 mths prior to starting.
Oh so saizen is taken before start of ivf? I thought taken during stim. I see saizen has produced good results for sisters so wanna chk w Dr THH if I can take saizen too... Haha

Last edited:
NgYL do you know the gender yet?:)
And did you do any harmony test?
KKH prefers us to do First Trimester Scan (FTS) aka Oscar Test even though I said I would like to do Harmony Test (HT) instead. I went for FTS on 10 September and received very good results. However, I still told the doctor I would like to proceed with HT due to my age. Baby is a boy and very good results from the test too Very happy!

Btw ladies, my buttock and thigh have been feeling aching pain after injection since last Tuesday (spotting twice in 1.5 mths). I didn't have this feeling when I was given injection the last 2 times. Called KKH but they said it's normal. Does anyone have this experience before?

For all mommies here on ivf program i really wish all of you all the best! This's not easy step to start but always believe in hope and keep praying. Jia you!!!

Back