(2014/08) August 2014

Dear mummies, any good PD to recommend at Jurong area? I am giving up on my TMC PD liao too far and always use eyes power...the last round I went back to check is my bb jaundice clear we nv do blood test...she only said no more jaundice :(
Hi Pochacco why dun u bring bb to nearest polyclinic to check? They do blood test, cheap but waiting time may be slow. Only hospital use machine to check result instantly.

I latched while I was in hospital. (But no milk then, and had to do bottle feed becoz Pd said baby losing too much weight and jaundice ).
Now that milk has come, baby refusing to latch again.

How to be persistent? Should i try to latch even when baby cries?
Same as me =(

Dear mummies, any good PD to recommend at Jurong area? I am giving up on my TMC PD liao too far and always use eyes power...the last round I went back to check is my bb jaundice clear we nv do blood test...she only said no more jaundice :(
Hi i went to adeline wong from sbcc she is realli good.. when i gave birth i requested her to come over to check on my baby..

Same situation! Now that milk has come, bb is too used to bottle feed. I try latching once a day only (& unsuccessful everytime) coz my bb bring the whole hse down wif his cries & eventually I'll cave in.
I think it's not easy to be able to latch & bottle feed at same time. How to do it?

i had the same situation as u guys for my #1. n it was a point of no return after there was nipple confusion. i had to exclusive pump n bottle feed n i nv latched even tho i consulted so many LCs! i was really v sian n disappointed!

this time for #2. i din intro any bottles tho i supplement fm for the first few days. i used this method called finger feeding. i latched my #2 whether there was milk or not. den i top up
with fm using finger. finger method
works for me. n now my milk has come, i only latch. u guys can research more abt it. http://www.lowmilksupply.org/fingerfeeding.shtml

Actually latching is also v tiring. I 100% latch so far. Now that bb is 1 month old, I will start to intro bottle. So that other caregivers can feed and can free myself to do some other things.

Actually latching is also v tiring. I 100% latch so far. Now that bb is 1 month old, I will start to intro bottle. So that other caregivers can feed and can free myself to do some other things.
I agree latching is tiring too.. because we can only do it on our own. I introduced bottle at 2nd week when I had fever and no choice. Luckily, no nipple confusion so far! counting my blessings!

Hello ladies,

My son is turning one month next week and I'm thinking of introducing the bottle. Need advice on:

1. When to pump and how much to pump each time

2. Storing breast milk - many articles say different things. I'm using a normal Samsung refrigerator. I can store the packets in the freezer compartment at what temperature and keep for how long? Intend to put the breast milk in the compartment above and frozen meats below

3. When to give baby EBM. CL says in the day, and continue to let baby latch on at night. How long do you all feed at night now, if direct latching? He's 3 weeks old and I take about 50-60min every 2 hours at night now

Mummies who are in confinement, do you all carry your baby very often? I only carry my baby during breastfeeding times. Other than that mostly CL carry. Now I'm worried baby will not be close to me or refuse to me carried by me when CL left

Queensg,

1. I will pump every 3 hrs in the day time. Pump till breasts r empty

2. Normal household fridge, can store bm if kept in the freezer compartment for 3 mths.

3. I intend to feed bottle in the day time and latch at night. Cos eventually when I go back to work, baby will be bottle fed in the day. So might as well let baby get used to the routine now. My baby is 4 weeks old and latch 20-30 min every 3 hr. But if growth spurt will be 2 hr.

Mummies who are in confinement, do you all carry your baby very often? I only carry my baby during breastfeeding times. Other than that mostly CL carry. Now I'm worried baby will not be close to me or refuse to me carried by me when CL left

Pooh girl I let my CL handle baby all the time. I only handle when need to bf. It's a luxury now so rest more when u can. After CL leave u dun want to carry baby also cannot liao..

And also mummies who went for c section, when did the "menses" stop? I'm into 1 week and I'm still havin it. The blood flow can be quite heavy at times. Is there something wrong?

And also mummies who went for c section, when did the "menses" stop? I'm into 1 week and I'm still havin it. The blood flow can be quite heavy at times. Is there something wrong?
It took me 3 weeks to finish bleeding and the lochia . First 2 weeks reddish color, 3rd week brownish and then turned yellowish. Now into my 4th week and only have some spotting on the liner.

I carry my LO sometimes when my MIL is busy warming up the milk. Actually I don't really sleep on my bed most of the time during my confinement but I walk around and look at my baby and sitting infront of computer surf net :p

Thanks mummies for your reply :)
By the way, some of you bring your babies to polyclinic for injections right? May I know is it after the 1st mth, you will bring for the 6 in 1 injection? Did you all take the rotavirus injection? Understand that we rotavirus is not free.

Hello ladies,

My son is turning one month next week and I'm thinking of introducing the bottle. Need advice on:

1. When to pump and how much to pump each time

2. Storing breast milk - many articles say different things. I'm using a normal Samsung refrigerator. I can store the packets in the freezer compartment at what temperature and keep for how long? Intend to put the breast milk in the compartment above and frozen meats below

3. When to give baby EBM. CL says in the day, and continue to let baby latch on at night. How long do you all feed at night now, if direct latching? He's 3 weeks old and I take about 50-60min every 2 hours at night now
Currently LO is coming 4 weeks.. since week 2, I latch her in the day and bottle feed ebm at night because my mum insists on resting during confinement month. But I will pump twice in the middle of the night at about 4 hours interval. In the day, I will pump usually every 3-4 hours, after latching my girl. To pump out whatever is left to store. Every bit counts! She usually latches for about 15-20 mins every 1.5 - 2 hours.

How do your babies behave during growth spurt? Mine refused to let go since 12pm this afternoon and kept clinging onto my boob. He just kept sucking. His diaper was so full but he wailed when changing. He just decided to let go and fell asleep on me. Wrapped him in my shirt.... The uncertainty of tonight scares me....

How do your babies behave during growth spurt? Mine refused to let go since 12pm this afternoon and kept clinging onto my boob. He just kept sucking. His diaper was so full but he wailed when changing. He just decided to let go and fell asleep on me. Wrapped him in my shirt.... The uncertainty of tonight scares me....
Mine too. I cant even go toilet for the past few days... he just cry the minute i walk away from him and i need to nurse him constantly, so much that i think i am out of milk alr. He dun even allow his dad to carry him. I am so tired.

Oh so everyone seems to be going through this. My lo if I let him will latch for hours, but i try to switch him on both sides and that takes 1 hour all together. Then he wants milk again in another 2 hours. I think I'm not making enough milk. We give pumped bm as well as formula to satisfy him. Been having fenugreek tablets, any other ideas to increase the supply. I'm not chinese so don't know of any herbs to have :(

Hi mommies..do ur experience this?

Hub wana make love and I hv been having sleepless nights after CL left and hub dont wakie to help whereas keep saying wife no need to work. But breastfeeding mom are working 24hrs 7 days shift leh no longer offce hrs. Baby cranky in the midst of pumping milk.. hub stares at ur breast n said I will Make Love while baby was having fever! I simply told him off..I have no time to entertain u!

Hi mummies doing ebm bottle feeding, Does your lo refuse to finish the bottle? I poured so much ebm down the sink already...

Sometimes cry after 80ml and demand more. Sometimes refuse to even finish 40ml. And I have to pour away the remnants after an hour... >_<

Hi mommies..do ur experience this?

Hub wana make love and I hv been having sleepless nights after CL left and hub dont wakie to help whereas keep saying wife no need to work. But breastfeeding mom are working 24hrs 7 days shift leh no longer offce hrs. Baby cranky in the midst of pumping milk.. hub stares at ur breast n said I will Make Love while baby was having fever! I simply told him off..I have no time to entertain u!

JL72 your hubby very on leh! Just tell him you are still sore from delivery n bleeding ...
Possible for you n baby to rest in a different room? You need your rest too

Last edited:
Hi mummies doing ebm bottle feeding, Does your lo refuse to finish the bottle? I poured so much ebm down the sink already...

Sometimes cry after 80ml and demand more. Sometimes refuse to even finish 40ml. And I have to pour away the remnants after an hour... >_<
Did you feed at regular hrs? My lo sometimes didn't finish the usual 100 ml, I will burp him n re-swaddle him to wake him up then continue the rest.

JL72 your hubby very on leh! Just tell him you are still sore from delivery n bleeding ...
Possible for you n baby to rest in a different room? You need your rest too

My confinement ends 30th aug..
Now hub is back to his room.. my friend told me breastfeeding moms hv tendency no mood for sex..

Did you feed at regular hrs? My lo sometimes didn't finish the usual 100 ml, I will burp him n re-swaddle him to wake him up then continue the rest.
About 3-4hours interval. doing feed on demand because She gets sleepy/cranky when I wake her to feed. And She manages to fall asleep when I'm burping her. Wasted more ebm today

Hi!
Jus happened to come across this forum.. hope I'm not too late to join! I just had my first baby on 27 Aug.. really need guidance on how to handle her!

Hi Mummies, is it normal to have constipation for natural birth? Due to 'that' area being cut, I'm afraid if I exert too much force, the stitch will open..although I've been taking doc's med, stool softener...

Thanks mummies for your reply :)
By the way, some of you bring your babies to polyclinic for injections right? May I know is it after the 1st mth, you will bring for the 6 in 1 injection? Did you all take the rotavirus injection? Understand that we rotavirus is not free.

6-in-1 is not free also... Only 5-in-1 is free.

I also want to know when do we need to bring baby to take the first vaccination...

@Xp - yup. I think may also be phobia of passing motion. I also couldn't really pee properly. And maybe my diet a lot of iron. Just continue to take the stool softener! It helped a lot for me! I was very OK a week after delivery.

Oh so everyone seems to be going through this. My lo if I let him will latch for hours, but i try to switch him on both sides and that takes 1 hour all together. Then he wants milk again in another 2 hours. I think I'm not making enough milk. We give pumped bm as well as formula to satisfy him. Been having fenugreek tablets, any other ideas to increase the supply. I'm not chinese so don't know of any herbs to have :(
I read from the breast feeding fb group tt oats help to boast supply
May be u wan to try?

@Xp - yup. I think may also be phobia of passing motion. I also couldn't really pee properly. And maybe my diet a lot of iron. Just continue to take the stool softener! It helped a lot for me! I was very OK a week after delivery.
Yes, u r right. I'm kinda phobia as I scare will affect the stitch. But just feel that I've been eating but nothing is coming out...so meaning u didn't pass motion for a week?

Hi Mummies, is it normal to have constipation for natural birth? Due to 'that' area being cut, I'm afraid if I exert too much force, the stitch will open..although I've been taking doc's med, stool softener...

Actually I passed motion on Day2 at the hospital. Interestingly I didn't have to 'squeeze', just needed to relax the muscle for the stools to come out on it's own... After that I am not afraid of passing motion...

It was my gynae or the nurse who told me dun need to squeeze so i was surprised that it worked...

@Xp - no la! Haha the stool softener really softened everything! Like LS like that.

I get what u mean! But will feel constipated after a while. Drink more water to help move the stools! No la I pooped once I got back home! But I didn't sit on the toilet bowl directly cos felt I was stretching the wound. I put my hands under my butt and sat on them. For a good week. Haha

About 3-4hours interval. doing feed on demand because She gets sleepy/cranky when I wake her to feed. And She manages to fall asleep when I'm burping her. Wasted more ebm today
Wah...ur girl so unpredictable. .If you scared of wasting maybe you can give her 40 ml first. . Give another 40 ml when she demand more.

But i heard advised fr experienced mum, we should create a routine for the bb so they know what to expect next.

@Xp - no la! Haha the stool softener really softened everything! Like LS like that.

I get what u mean! But will feel constipated after a while. Drink more water to help move the stools! No la I pooped once I got back home! But I didn't sit on the toilet bowl directly cos felt I was stretching the wound. I put my hands under my butt and sat on them. For a good week. Haha
Wow! Sat on yr hands. Hmm...perhaps I shld drink more water to c if things r better..hopefully is just physiological.... *sigh*

Any mummies started to bring baby out in carrier? I have the manduca. How's the experience?
I have been taking baby outside in a boba wrap, but i do get a lot of people starting and asking how old the baby is and then get disapproving looks that I'm bring a 1 month baby out! But its just too depressing to be stuck at home all the time!!

I have been taking baby outside in a boba wrap, but i do get a lot of people starting and asking how old the baby is and then get disapproving looks that I'm bring a 1 month baby out! But its just too depressing to be stuck at home all the time!!

Hack lah..I also bring my LO out already.. in sarong carrier haha I dont care how others think but by staying at home I will turn bersek

Any tips to share for bringing baby out? Like how many diapers, EBM, hot water. Anyone took public transport like buses or mrt? How long do can u go out with a newborn/month old bb?

I'm planning to use a pupsik sling or bb carrier, haven tried putting him in it yet..

I latch when outside with nursing cover. Too troublesome to bring ebm and all the nic nacs esp when carrying bb in carrier.

I brought my bb out to supermarket, relatives place, sentosa, etc in a pupsik sling. I also have a manduca, but think it's better to use a sling/wrap at this stage as their neck is still not strong.

I give full fm/ bm that I pumped outside/ latch when I bring my boy out. too troublesome to heat up ebm outside.

My newborn have red rash around the neck area. I suspect it's either heat rash or rash due to the area constantly in touch with damp clothes wet with milk. I dun intend to put any medication on my newborn, but would like to check does any mummies use baby lotion/ lotion powder to cool down heat rash?

My newborn have red rash around the neck area. I suspect it's either heat rash or rash due to the area constantly in touch with damp clothes wet with milk. I dun intend to put any medication on my newborn, but would like to check does any mummies use baby lotion/ lotion powder to cool down heat rash?

My LO also have red pimples like rash around the neck. My CL say no need to apply any cream or powder. Just keep LO cool and it will go away by itself. Today LO neck don't have those angry red pimples like thing already.

My LO has red pimples everywhere around the face and neck..they go away when he is relax and cool but appears when he is agitated or crying. I tried to keep his face clean by wiping with cool water and then apply california baby cream.

My LO was having pimples around her cheeks. I applied my bm by pouring it on cotton wool then wiping her face. It really helped. After 2 times, no more pimples. I used my bm immediately after pumping so it's still warm.

Back