IVF/ICSI Support Group

Redvel, correct.. Upcoming is natural FET my first. My story:

TTC 2011, Ectopic end 2012.
IVF#1 =2FET BFN. 2013 ~2014
IVF#2- Fresh BFN left 4 frosties 2014.
Never ending.

Redvel, really? Every doc has different preference. But from what I know, my medicated is to suppress OV. LC prefers I do medicated because he doesnt want the ovulated egg to hinder the implantation, his theory - you never know what the other egg will do/float where/ interrupt the fertilized embryo part.
SF thinks its better to do natural and wants me to OV. Weird.

Advantage on natural FET is less meds, no need supression. Medicated requires suppression, Birth control. Very mafan.... He said thaw 2 first. If it is ok, then just use the 2. In my opinion, just thaw all to find strongest soldier!!!

Eeznyl, I hope so too leh! I feel like a lab rat. Running on experiment. LOL!
Muff, i hv done FET with both LC and SF. V different approach but in the end if embbie will make it, it will lah. I prefer less meds but both FET also failed for me so, yes, like science experiment. :)

Hi, i just have my BT for bhcg. I'm 14dp2dt. The nurse called to say that there is no reading. Meaning that i'm not pregnant. The BT should be very confirm that the cycle has failed right? I'm feeling very bloated. She told me that means that menses going to come soon. Is that right? Thanks!
Shld be confirmed BFN at 14dp2dt. Sorry and hugs..

Muff, i hv done FET with both LC and SF. V different approach but in the end if embbie will make it, it will lah. I prefer less meds but both FET also failed for me so, yes, like science experiment. :)

i also think so... very cham.... Forever cannot graduate! o_O

But i find it personally v difficult to sit at WCCA and watch all the preggos walk pass and me holding my ice bag... hahaha... so i went back to TFC since it's more dedicated to those on same journey (despite this is for miracle #2).

Of cos Ron. Haa. Thanks.

Btw how are you getting along in your ivf? Sorry I'm trying to recall. You're in your 2ww right? Oops or am I wrong?

ron8129, YES YES!!!!!!!! EXACTLY HOW I FELT. TFC is really for IVF patients. WCCA is full of pregs. Always feel like a dagger stabbed into my heart.

It is my 4th transfer liao ... 3rd time lucky, 4th time gana!

This thread is so active, can i join in? Lol..i think i ever posted some messages here before, just that it's been long since i came to this thread..was a little more active at the 'ivf with thh' thread..it's another 3 more weeks for me before my first FET! hope my embbies won't fail me this time round :)

Hi Fion so which day after transfer are you? What's ovidrel? Some kind of progesterone support? Was there any blood test like you were saying?

When doc says good means nothing bad lor. Dont worry:)

Today is day 10 after transfer. Yup, Ovidrel is progesterone support similar to Pregnyl. No le... no blood test that day...

Hope so too...really hope good = good

Anyway...nothing can done now just hope for the best on Friday... :)

Oh Ok wcca. I agree over there is flooded with preggie ladies. I was there few times for my papsmear by Dr Magdelene. Ha I can understand that place ain't exactly pleasant when doing ivf.

This thread is so active, can i join in? Lol..i think i ever posted some messages here before, just that it's been long since i came to this thread..was a little more active at the 'ivf with thh' thread..it's another 3 more weeks for me before my first FET! hope my embbies won't fail me this time round :)
Update on your FET! I'm looking forward to my first FET end year. Are you on natural FET?

fion40, very best of luck to you.

the_fruitful_one, I like your nick, sounds so positive. I also just came back to the forum. So, hi!

Can I know what's the cost of natural fet at kkh? Roughly. And is there any medisave claim? No govt Co funding for me since me beyond 40.

Ok I googled and seems like it's $4k (medisave claim) for 3rd attempt but does it matter if this 3rd attempt is fresh or frozen?

@redvel, yes! i will be on natural FET..mind to share ur story?

@muff, hi! yes, must keep a positive spirit! i feel that ladies in this journey r all warriors! cos i'm a christian and the bible says that we r all fruitful, hence my nick! and u too, mind to share story too?

Thefruitfulone, do you want the long or the short version? Hee.

Natural bfp X2. Both ended in mc on Aug12 and Dec12. I was already 40 of age. The first bfp i strike in my first month of serious ttc.

Mid 2013 tried 2 cycles of gonal f at pte doc. Do the deeds naturally. Bfn.

May14 first fresh bfn. No frosties.
Jul14 second fresh bfn. 5 frosties.
End 14 going for FET.

What's yours?

Fruitful one, your spirits are very high lol! My story ah.....

TTC 2011, was already seeing LC Cheng for advice.
Ectopic end 2012. Tube almost burst. Internal bleeding inside and rushed for emergency Op in WCCA. LC Cheng performed the op for me. Very grateful.
IVF#1 with LC Cheng =2 medicated FET BFN. 2013 ~2014
IVF#2 with SF Loh- Fresh BFN left 4 frosties 2014. Will be doing natural FET upcoming but have not decided when.

All doctors are very good doctors, its just that I am unlucky. I love them both dearly!

Redvel, 4k is max claim. FET is usually under $3k.

Of cos Ron. Haa. Thanks.

Btw how are you getting along in your ivf? Sorry I'm trying to recall. You're in your 2ww right? Oops or am I wrong?
Yes. 2 ww. Daily wondering if i am being a good girl & if my embbies r even still there hahaa.... it never gets any easier.

Hi Redvel, dun give up. One of my frens fail fresh but make it for FET. So Jia you .Your company wun penalize you for taking HL huh?Your boss seems good.

Any one took the depot GNRH jab ( dosage for 3 months) injected once, do you still have your menses? Is it more painful? The jab supposed to suppress all the endo activity n makes cyst smaller.seemd like the mense pain here again

muff : u are in good hands of dr loh. I m also seeing him now for my condition. Impressed by his professional skills. Even my TCM say I m in good hands :) I cannot wait to do my lap with him so that I can move on to TCC mode. jus that haven't settle whether wan to tell boss cos not close to my immediate boss but okie with my Diector. My workplace gossipy place so thinking of taking a few days leave follow by few days HL. hmmhmm Kenna penalized zero bonus when on HL after miscarriages before...not worth it for that few days leh. Most impt tin is I also dun wan them to kapo

Thanks Sunbelle.

No my company doesn't penalise staff for taking HL. My big boss in very pro family. Only my big boss and immediate boss as well as HR head are aware of my IVF. They are supportive of my plan.

Jus wan to share the risk for natural FET is if the timing is not grasp accurately, the cycle will get cancelled. One of my FET got cancelled cos got lots of discharge coming out during the ovaluation n dr Zuo say dun go n do . Failure rate very high cos cannot impant. Good tin for natural is that u dun rely on the medication.

Hi Redvel, I totally envy u in having good bosses. Imagine that time when I miscarriage n having work so hard, jus becos 2 weeks MC got zero bonus. Inside my heart, I m totally disappointed ESP when i always stay back to OT. The experience jus change my perspective. I really envy you

Redvel : I remember whenever i failed the cycle. I will go pig it out at my fav food shop for beautiful clothes n enjoy my fav activities ...jus wanna to make myself feel better.

Sunbelle indeed I'm very fortunate...when I had my 2 mcs in 2012, they let me rest at home without the need to apply mc nor HL. First mc was a month and the 2nd mc was 2 weeks I think. I'm grateful and in debt to my company :)

Thanks for sharing on the FET. I will hear what my doc suggests for me. No idea now which route I'm taking, as in natural or medicated.

Rachelt update ya! I wanna hear how FET works... are you on natural or medicated?

sunbelle, no I'm not with the bureaucratic govt sector. I WILL NEVER WORK IN A GOVT SECTOR. Hee. I can't blend in. We all will reach our goal... keep believing.

Rachelt update ya! I wanna hear how FET works... are you on natural or medicated?

sunbelle, no I'm not with the bureaucratic govt sector. I WILL NEVER WORK IN A GOVT SECTOR. Hee. I can't blend in. We all will reach our goal... keep believing.
@redvel.. I'm on natural.. All i know now is that my first scan's on 4 Sep (CD10).. I asked the nurse what if i spotted O before CD10?.. She said dont use OPK.. Just go down as scheduled.. But I'm not gonna care.. Gonna still OPK and if really (choy choy choy) O before CD10.. I'm gonna cheong down.. Apparently heard cannot miss the O date de la.. So who cares what the nurse says.. lol..

Your cycle can be quite short like 25-26 days kind is it rachelt? I will never ever O so early. My typical O day is CD17.

So I wonder...always a question mark in my head.... does FET means you are not supposed to have sex days before the transfer?

@redvel.. I'm on natural.. All i know now is that my first scan's on 4 Sep (CD10).. I asked the nurse what if i spotted O before CD10?.. She said dont use OPK.. Just go down as scheduled.. But I'm not gonna care.. Gonna still OPK and if really (choy choy choy) O before CD10.. I'm gonna cheong down.. Apparently heard cannot miss the O date de la.. So who cares what the nurse says.. lol..
Yeah Rachelt just test and head down if tested positive on opk. Timing is crucial for natural FET. All the best.

Your cycle can be quite short like 25-26 days kind is it rachelt? I will never ever O so early. My typical O day is CD17.

So I wonder...always a question mark in my head.... does FET means you are not supposed to have sex days before the transfer?

If u are doing natural FET u can still bd cos u have an egg naturally this cycle. Dr encourage to bd before transfer to increase chances.

@redvel.. my regular cycle is 27-28 days.. and my O usually is on CD10-12.. But i scared la.. What if O early.. lol.. so kiasu abit..

If u are doing natural FET u can still bd cos u have an egg naturally this cycle. Dr encourage to bd before transfer to increase chances.
Oh can ar?.. Ok.. I shall try BD this month!.. Hope this is it leh.. I tired liao lor.. Sigh..

Then you better OPK madness early Rachelt!

I just ordered 50 pcs of OPK from amazon -_-. Waiting to use them soon.

Back