any 35 and above trying for their first?

By the way, why is seafood bad for us? I think for men, they have to increase their intake of seafood right?
For the tcm medicine, is it in powder form and you just add warm water to it? You drink 4x a week for 3 months?

Hi Oceandeep78,

I'm not sure exactly why is seafood bad for us ladies.. I was told to eat less.. For guys is ok..
The 3 types of herbs Huai shan, Dang Shen & dried longans I listed above are not in powder form.. U can use them to add in soup.. Or u can jus boil it with water to drink. Use 2 cups of water n boil until left ard 1.5cups (approx 15mins) .. This is to improve ur blood circulation.
I drink them once a week .. So it depends on urself how frequent u wana drink it.. Jus like u drinking red dates daily is to 补血。

Those TCM med which u get from TCM in sachet powder form are to be mixed in hot water to drink ..

Ya, we went cycling almost every weekend....doubt that consider as an exercise. Will visit TCM soon then will see how it goes. In the meantime, it's time to be mean to ownself otherwise wont c results

Hi Darkrain75, in case u are not aware.. Cycling is not good for guys according to TCM.. This wil affect their sperm quality cos when they cycle too much.. This wil create heat below which kills their sperm... So muz b careful not to overdo.. Swimming, jogging wil be a beta exercise alternatives...

Oh, reali ar? My hubby loves to cycle but we always didnt exceed more than 2hrs. At most is 1hr or so, not those hectic type of cycle, more like leisure

Q10 is good both for men and women. It's a powerful antioxidant. I recommend bothto eat actually, but this supplement must stop taking once preggy. GNC got two types, one is normal and the other can be absorbed easily. I usually pay a little extra for the better absorption one.

My hubby also takes the french pine bark for antioxidants as recommended by fellow forummer. He also went swimming and jogging (agree with @Babylyn that cycling compresses that part and not so good to do it often) and cut down his weight (he has a belly). He also goes to Tan Kian Sing TCM for acupuncture and takes the fish maw. I think all these might have contributed to better swimmers' results eventually, though note that it does take time (at least 3- 6 months) to show effect.

Seafood is for zinc for men - a key building block for the swimmers. I go to Cold Storage to buy oysters for him near the O time as well heh. Zinc is also found in pumpkin seeds, so can add them in breakfast cereal etc.

Was quite tempted to see TSB since heard about how effective she is. I wonder are there any ladies here who just reply on Dr Zou's acu?

Hi Oceandeep78,

I'm not sure exactly why is seafood bad for us ladies.. I was told to eat less.. For guys is ok..
The 3 types of herbs Huai shan, Dang Shen & dried longans I listed above are not in powder form.. U can use them to add in soup.. Or u can jus boil it with water to drink. Use 2 cups of water n boil until left ard 1.5cups (approx 15mins) .. This is to improve ur blood circulation.
I drink them once a week .. So it depends on urself how frequent u wana drink it.. Jus like u drinking red dates daily is to 补血。

Those TCM med which u get from TCM in sachet powder form are to be mixed in hot water to drink ..

Thanks Babylyn.

I will cut down on seafood and ask hubby to increase it especially before O.

Hi all, I'm new here. 35yo this year and trying for #2. It's sure harder than trying for #1 which i contribute it to age. Just to share my experience for my #1 whom i gave birth when i was 32yo. During my 1 plus yr of trying, I was quite stressed cos frds seemed to be able to conceive easily and one after another. I also used basal temp & opk. During this 1+yr of ttc, I saw tcm to tiao my body too. But I stopped after a few cycles cos really ex and my ovulation somehow went haywire. not sure y also. Then hubby & I decided to seek help for fertility issues. Just when I gave up hopes, I was tested positive before our first appt with doc. So stress is really a big hinder in ttc. I'm trying hard to adopt a stress free mindset again though it's not easy to do that. Let's all jiayou and relax our mind and body!

hey ladies, saw some regular "faces" in this thread and found good tips from most of you who are almost ard my age :) so decided to drop a few lines..

Hi Oceandeep, actually before I went for my HCG, i pop about 2 painkillers so I really don't feel anything, just some uncomfortable. The painkiller that I took is those slightly stronger dosage, u can only buy from Guardian (pharmacy), can't really remember the name of the pills. But I guess is how the stuff do it. Don't have to worry too much.
--> that's a good suggestion! :) i never thought of taking painkillers before the HSG test. not that i'm going to take anytime soon but i was very concern because i have very low threshold on pain. even today, i went for blood test, my palm were all sweaty. thankfully, the dr use a small needle, and there was NO PAIN! :) for the first time, there was no pain in taking blood test for me. but it costs me a bomb!!! anyway, back to the topic, i wanted to ask, when we go pharmacy and request for painkillers, just tell the pharmacist we are looking for the item? i hope he/she doesn't stop us from buying if we tell her the reason. also, did u check with dr if it is ok to take painkillers before the test? will it affect the results?

I agreed with darkrain75 to do the HSG thingy. I have done mine and discovered one tubes blocked plus with some other obstacles. HSG, to me, was very painful...and ends up with two doctors attending me then. Subsequently, I was bleeding for a few days like menses coming. :( If can, take painkiller if you want... to relieve the pain.
chubby, so u didn't take painkiller? i think some will find it painful and some will not. it depends on who is your dr and of course, your own threshold. because i spoke to 2 person, and they told me that it was painful......... so ok, at least the way to work ard is painkiller :)

Hi wanted to share, me n DH tried for 2 iui, 1 ivf and we only got success during natural FET cycle in Jan this year.I'm 35 this yr. My EDD is in sept. Dun lose hopes..if u have in mind ivf, dun procrastinate juz go for it.
congratulations lindapoo! :) just a question, what is natural FET?

By God's grace I managed to conceive after going for lap surgery as my current gynae diagnosed me with endo (I was struggling with scanty periods for > 6 months). I was very against operation initially (at least 2 docs asked me to go) but as I wanted to get my womb in shape (I also have a blocked tube) before trying for IVF and going on no pay leave to focus on this, hubby decided for both of us to go ahead with the operation. I'm glad I took the plunge cos the operation worked for me..
Seaturtle, so u are pregnant now? :) how did the dr able to find that u have endo? what are the symptoms? and did u conceive naturally later or success because of ivf?

Hi Oceandeep 78,
Avoid all spicy food.. Although I also like fried chicken wings etc.. I reali cut down n avoid eating.. Even if feel like eating.. I only eat one...
I also cut down my intake of seafood as well.. Like prawns, crabs & shellfish..

To improve beta blood circulation to ur womb.. I encourage u to buy these 3 items from the Chinese medical hall. It's not heaty type of herbs..

1) Huai Shan
2) Dang Shen
3) Dried Longans

U jus tell the medical hall u want to use this herbs to boil water to drink weekly.. It's quite cheap.. Ard $2.50 per pack of 3 items.. Means that if u intend to drink for 3 months.. U will need 4 packs (per week) x 3 months..

For us ladies... Muz keep body warm at all time.. At night due to hot weather in spore...we tend to sleep in Aircon.. Try to wear long sleeves to cover ur body at night.. especially ur shoulders.. Always make sure u wear bedroom slippers to avoid contact with e cold tiles..I use a hot vacuum flask to put warm water in the room.. The first drink u drink in e morning muz always be warm... I followed these regime religiously...

Oh one more thing.. I only started to prop up my buttocks with a pillow after doing e deed starting in Jan.. Ha. I thot it was leychay until my sister reminded me to do that..
babylyn, do we just dump the 3 chinese herbs into boiling water? or bring it to boil? 1 pack per week? $2.50 *4 for 3 months?
is this prescribe to specifically you or generally all ladies are ok to take these? i heard ppl also said drink red dates+wolfberries+dried longan too...

and wow, u really cut down A LOT of things in ur journey to ttc. :) avoid fried stuffs and seafood. that's like..a lot of nice food.... :(

babylyn, do we just dump the 3 chinese herbs into boiling water? or bring it to boil? 1 pack per week? $2.50 *4 for 3 months?
is this prescribe to specifically you or generally all ladies are ok to take these? i heard ppl also said drink red dates+wolfberries+dried longan too...

and wow, u really cut down A LOT of things in ur journey to ttc. :) avoid fried stuffs and seafood. that's like..a lot of nice food.... :(

Hi Littlebabysheep,

I just put all 3 Chinese herbs together in a small boiling pot, rinse it once (that's usually I do to clean the dried herbs once) den pour 2 cups of water into it & boil it together.... I boil ard 15 mins.. So it wil b left with ard 1.5cups aft boiling...

All ladies can take this herbs.. It is generally taken by pple who can use it to boil soup, & it's not heaty type of herbs for this concoction.. It taste sweet cos of the dried longans...
You dun need to take it strictly but for my case, I was told to drink it weekly so that it will improve my blood circulation to my womb..so if u hv poor blood circulation (like for eg. if u hv dark eye circles etc..; u jolly well know that ur body blood circulation is alr not too good to start off with)
So it's up to u how much u wana take..

Red dates; Wolfberries are more 补血 nourishing for blood.. U can take it as well.. But for me red dates always more heaty..so make sure u muz drink enuff water if ur body is on the heaty side like mine.

Yes.. I reali cut down a lot of food.. Including my favourite ice creams, cold desserts etc... But I'm happy now knowing that I'm doing all these not jus for myself.. It's for my little baby as well... :):) the thought of it jus makes u happy all the time...
Even aft an argument with hubby... I jus try to focus on my baby inside me & I will be ok alr... Cos I muz not lose my temper .. Muz control control...

Tcm dr who help fann Wong n mark lee is TSB. She is previously from tong Ji but now has her own clinic. Very popular with TTC lady and know all about iui n ivf procedure.
The tongji tcm who treats infertility is called chen qiu lian. She is indeed a known figure with success rate for infertile couples. She is almost well known in tcm world for this area.

The tongji tcm who treats infertility is called chen qiu lian. She is indeed a known figure with success rate for infertile couples. She is almost well known in tcm world for this area.
woah TSB helped the celebrity to conceive? wow.. so are her charges expensive?

I just put all 3 Chinese herbs together in a small boiling pot, rinse it once (that's usually I do to clean the dried herbs once) den pour 2 cups of water into it & boil it together.... I boil ard 15 mins.. So it wil b left with ard 1.5cups aft boiling...

All ladies can take this herbs.. It is generally taken by pple who can use it to boil soup, & it's not heaty type of herbs for this concoction.. It taste sweet cos of the dried longans...
You dun need to take it strictly but for my case, I was told to drink it weekly so that it will improve my blood circulation to my womb..so if u hv poor blood circulation (like for eg. if u hv dark eye circles etc..; u jolly well know that ur body blood circulation is alr not too good to start off with)
So it's up to u how much u wana take..

Red dates; Wolfberries are more 补血 nourishing for blood.. U can take it as well.. But for me red dates always more heaty..so make sure u muz drink enuff water if ur body is on the heaty side like mine.
thanks babylyn. could you type these in chinese:
1) Huai Shan
2) Dang Shen
3) Dried Longans

so that i can just show the words/google the pics? easier for me to show it to the shop to pack it for me? sorry, I'm not chinese educated.

woah TSB helped the celebrity to conceive? wow.. so are her charges expensive?

thanks babylyn. could you type these in chinese:
1) Huai Shan
2) Dang Shen
3) Dried Longans

so that i can just show the words/google the pics? easier for me to show it to the shop to pack it for me? sorry, I'm not chinese educated.[/
QUOTE]

Hi Littlebabysheep,

1) 淮山 also known as 山药
English name;Rhizoma Dioscoreae

2) 党参
English name: Codonopsis pilosula
3)龙眼干
English name: Dried Longan

Hope the above is helpful for u ok..? ;)

Hi hi ladies - just popping by to say Jia you
It was wait of 7 years before we got our bundle of joy when I was 37.

We tried for 7 years ;) and finally thru ivf - got him first attempt . I did take Chinese herbs periodically and saw a sinseh Sometikes to tiao the body .

So don loose heart - and wait .

Meanwhile enjoy the twosome world - once the little one comes - cannot be returned - it's for life !

Jia you

Btw - nothing was wrong with hubby or me - perfectly healthy at 30 when we tied the knot. Doc could only say
sTress!

Congrats nature autumn!
I took a month's break from ttc. This month going to try again. No confidence at all but still have to try. I can't keep delaying it further. Work recently had too many changes and I am trying not to let it affect me.

Ocean- I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress - my son came rather unexpectedly cos we were actually about to relocate so it was like a last attempt kinda thing .
Sleep earlier if u can - I think it helps .
Body rests.

All the best !!!

Hi littlebabysheep, I think endo symptoms are usually heavy periods, bad cramps etc. for me it was diff the period became scanty n my gynae also felt tenderness around the v region during internal examination.

I conceived naturally after my lap surgery done, I guess endo was really an issue for me. With ttc it's really trial and error sometimes so must start early n keep trying k. God hears our deepest desires and He will help us surely. Jia you!

Hi littlebabysheep, I think endo symptoms are usually heavy periods, bad cramps etc. for me it was diff the period became scanty n my gynae also felt tenderness around the v region during internal examination.

I conceived naturally after my lap surgery done, I guess endo was really an issue for me. With ttc it's really trial and error sometimes so must start early n keep trying k. God hears our deepest desires and He will help us surely. Jia you!
I see.. Thx for the info. Yeah is good that those who had been diagnosed will finally conceive.

Hello... all the new "faces" here! *hihi*....hope all of you are doing fine with stress free.....:)
Been trying naturally while fighting at work place... just hope.. can strike.. if not... got to say hello to ART...

@oceandeep78 and all , FYI I have stopped seeing Dr Zou due to my hectic schedule and also the distance. I am still considering TSB or Dr Tan KS if I'm going to start my next round of TCM. Have been comparing my BBT charts during the period of taking TCM and not taking TCM. Vast Differences in temperatures, I would say. Like some of the ladies here, sometimes, I did forget to take the temperature which, I think, need to take at a same time... (*Ladies, do let me know if I'm wrong.. hahaha).
What I'm doing, is try to take note my 1st day of AF and around Day 9 onwards, I will take my ovulation test strips to test in both morning and night to see whether my O started. Just hope for the best in everything.

@oceandeep78 and all , FYI I have stopped seeing Dr Zou due to my hectic schedule and also the distance. I am still considering TSB or Dr Tan KS if I'm going to start my next round of TCM. Have been comparing my BBT charts during the period of taking TCM and not taking TCM. Vast Differences in temperatures, I would say. Like some of the ladies here, sometimes, I did forget to take the temperature which, I think, need to take at a same time... (*Ladies, do let me know if I'm wrong.. hahaha).
What I'm doing, is try to take note my 1st day of AF and around Day 9 onwards, I will take my ovulation test strips to test in both morning and night to see whether my O started. Just hope for the best in everything.

Hi chubby I recommend tsb rather than dr tan ks if u seeing for urself. Dr Tan ks specializes on guy side. I also don't like that he uses a lot of ready made off the counter drugs as compared to TSB which it's still traditional brewing of Chinese herbs.

Hi Seaturtle, thanks for your recommendation. TSB has been my first choice all these while. Like you what you have said, I noticed that most of the TCM Clinics are using those ready made powdered form herbs that come from the same pharmaceutical company. I believe that effectiveness of freshly brewed Chinese Herbs are much greater than those ready made. However, I do have to acknowledge that it really depends on the TCM Drs on the mix proportion of the powdered herbs that have prescribed to you based on your individual needs..... which can be as effective as those fresh brewed? For me, I do not know how well my body can respond to them. Same medication can be given to all but individual bodies can react differently.

Now my problem would be.. how to brew those herbs secretly when I am living with my in laws. Hmmm... a problem to me which I need to deal with it. Ladies out there, any advices/suggestions?

Hi Chubby,
I am still seeing Dr Zou but not so frequent due to work..haiz. Work is piling up. Let's jiayou together! I think I will try ttc for 2-3 months and still not successful, will take no-pay leave. Time is of essence so I can't afford to delay any further.
At least you take your BBT. I just bought the thermometer and haven't tried yet. This month have to test opk liao.

Hi Seaturtle, thanks for your recommendation. TSB has been my first choice all these while. Like you what you have said, I noticed that most of the TCM Clinics are using those ready made powdered form herbs that come from the same pharmaceutical company. I believe that effectiveness of freshly brewed Chinese Herbs are much greater than those ready made. However, I do have to acknowledge that it really depends on the TCM Drs on the mix proportion of the powdered herbs that have prescribed to you based on your individual needs..... which can be as effective as those fresh brewed? For me, I do not know how well my body can respond to them. Same medication can be given to all but individual bodies can react differently.

Now my problem would be.. how to brew those herbs secretly when I am living with my in laws. Hmmm... a problem to me which I need to deal with it. Ladies out there, any advices/suggestions?
chubbty it is really tough to hide brewing the herbs. cos u need the pot and the smell is really strong... cannot be avoided.
your in laws do not know you are ttc??

Hi Frenchbulldog lover,am new here like u,reaching 40yrs n ttc for1st bb too.going for our 1st doc consultation after more than10yrs married. i really regret not making this decision earlier. wish u best of luck in yr iui.

Hello ladies. Me 42 and still trying for first. I married at 39 and have had 2 mcs. Going for my 2nd ivf soon. If this fails again with no frosties, we will let nature takes its course. We will not consider adoption nor donor eggs. If that's meant to be, we will just have both rest of our life :)

Nevertheless I hope we all will be gifted with that little bundle of joy.

redvel,
really admire your strong determination going for 2nd IVF, take Ageloc R2 to help you, it increase the chance for people who has various difficulties to conceive.

good luck & all the best for you!

Thanks Rachel. I know everyone here has their story and challenges. I have been through many disappointments and crying nights but I know some tough ladies even have been trying for a decade! Jiayou but also try not to be too stressed about it. Good things come when we least expect it :)

@ redvel were ur 2 MC from natural conception?

you are a strong woman. keep up the spirits and you will be blessed with a baby soon!

Yes love baby. Was painful emotionally. But of course life goes on.

Hope to hear good news here soon.

Hello ladies. Me 42 and still trying for first. I married at 39 and have had 2 mcs. Going for my 2nd ivf soon. If this fails again with no frosties, we will let nature takes its course. We will not consider adoption nor donor eggs. If that's meant to be, we will just have both rest of our life :)

Nevertheless I hope we all will be gifted with that little bundle of joy.
Hi! I am 39 years old this year trying for our first too. Had a miscarriage last year. Will be embarking on our ivf journey in two months time. Hope we can learn and share our experiences here.

Hi ladies, sorry to jump into the forum so abruptly.

Chubby 1314, I was with TSB for 1+yr, her clinic can brew the med for u, just that u need to collect it on those days u take med. If u work near upper cross street, it's actually easier for u. Brew med takes at least 1.5hr but it's more effective!

My own history, ttc-ing for at least 5yrs, PCOS & irregular menses, 1 mc before. Right after mc, we decided to change TCM dr and try out TCM under TSB. Early last yr, we also changed gynae and seek second opinion. Just before we decide to try more invasive treatment, i managed to conceive naturally at age 35. Thanks to both TSB and my gynae who insisted me to be ks n do HSG. I think HSG clear my messed up inside & managed to conceive at that very cycle!

Hi ladies, sorry to jump into the forum so abruptly.

Chubby 1314, I was with TSB for 1+yr, her clinic can brew the med for u, just that u need to collect it on those days u take med. If u work near upper cross street, it's actually easier for u. Brew med takes at least 1.5hr but it's more effective!

My own history, ttc-ing for at least 5yrs, PCOS & irregular menses, 1 mc before. Right after mc, we decided to change TCM dr and try out TCM under TSB. Early last yr, we also changed gynae and seek second opinion. Just before we decide to try more invasive treatment, i managed to conceive naturally at age 35. Thanks to both TSB and my gynae who insisted me to be ks n do HSG. I think HSG clear my messed up inside & managed to conceive at that very cycle!

My gynae told me HSG improved chances of conception by 30% for some pple. Good for u!

Isit necessary to do hsg before ivf procedure?

Hi I'm not entirely sure but I don't think so as IVF will bypass the tubes. HSG mainly to establish blockage in tubes by passing a contrast medium to see if any blockage.

Do discuss w ur gynae. Some might still recommend, as sometimes blocked tubes may contain fluid which will affect the implantation of the embryo for IVF.

I personally think HSG is a must for fertilty check protocol. Even if one decides to do IVF, it's still essential to know the condition of our tubes (or the need to clear them if blocked). Of course it's best to check with your doc.

I did my HSG at Thomson n must say it was a gentle experience and was just like mild cramps. It's worth doing to understand more abt ur body. Cost is abt $200-300~.

However my HSG showed blocked tube on the right though my lap surgery showed as the left one being blocked. I actually based on my HSG to do IUI hence could have missed out on the correct tube. Lap is still most foolproof but only upon advice of doc, and do ask for photos during the op for reference.

My doc didn't advice me to do hsg and I am suppose to start my ivf in two months time. I am a subsidized patient at nuh. Maybe I should ask them first.

My first fertility gynae din suggest HSG cos I managed to conceive before so he felt that no blockage which is nt wrong. But my second fertility gynae more KS. His POV is yes I hv conceived before but it could be 1 side blocked or my womb wall might hv hv stick together after my mc D&C thus prevent any embryo implantation. In conclusion he said KS a bit is ok, just a bit uncomfortable but at least we make the 'drainage' is clear. Glad i took his advice and do a thorough cleaning then.

Clomid din go well with me previously, so with my second gynae I was supposed to go on another fertility drug cycle before we considered IUI/IVF, with god's blessing, our little gal choose to come naturally.

Its best to do HSG even with IVF as fluids from blocked tubes can affect implantation.

NNYL: can i ask how old were u when u conceived ur girl?

Love baby, I just turned 35 when i conceived her.
Those who went to TSB, u notice the wall has a pic of twin baby boys who don't look local. They r born to a Sg mum & KR dad, mummy was late 40s when she successfully conceived and delivered via IVF. So anything is possible, don't give up. =)

Back