Support group - Miscarriages

By the way, Dr Beh Suan Tiong from Thomson Medical seems very patient and nice person. He will be the one doing the Hysteroscopy for me. He is different from the first two gyneas that I went to. He spends time listening and explaining things. The other two seems to be in a rush (probably their clinic is always crowded with people as they are very well-known and popular). Is there any link or website that provide reviews on gyneas?
Dr beh was my gynae for my first kid and second kid. We felt that if the pregnancy is smooth sailing,he is ok.but for my second kid,he din really give us the extra attention and care we thought we needed for the high risk. But he is a nice person, a gynae of few words who doesnt give much info unless u ask him.

Hi chew I m seeing dr loh to remove my polyp tomolo....v nervous hee....

Jia you. I heard Dr Loh name a lot of times as well. My sister got him as her gynea for her first child. You are in good hands.

Anything that you will be eating for speedy recovery?

Last edited:
Actually I did my confinement after mc...so I m not sure if I shd do another after this...but I intend to go back work tomorrow since dr said I can go back work. n I have been taking too many medical leave during pregnancy n miscarriage...I think I will avoid cold stuffs which I always do anyway hee...
how abt urself?

Actually I did my confinement after mc...so I m not sure if I shd do another after this...but I intend to go back work tomorrow since dr said I can go back work. n I have been taking too many medical leave during pregnancy n miscarriage...I think I will avoid cold stuffs which I always do anyway hee...
how abt urself?

Me too! I almost max out my medical leave, I only left with 3 days. My surgery is scheduled on this month also on the 24th (which is a Thursday + 1 day MC on Friday), then Monday is public holiday. So just nice.

I have no idea what I need to take after the procedure. My sister did the same procedure but she just proceed her normal routine. Didn't take anything special. I am also avoiding cold food and drinks. Other than that, I don't know what else to do.

I just calculated, it will another 2 months before we can start trying again. (6 months in total).... Zzzzz........:(:(:(

Oh just nice! Then u can at least rest for a few days! Y another 2 months? Actually I wonder if can try after this removal? Cuz we will ovulate this mth right...my menses just ended...

Oh just nice! Then u can at least rest for a few days! Y another 2 months? Actually I wonder if can try after this removal? Cuz we will ovulate this mth right...my menses just ended...

The gynea recommends to wait for two cycles first and the followup scans will tell if everything is ok. You check with Dr Loh and see what he say. My sister said last time after she got her polyp removed, Dr Loh advise her to rest and wait for next cycle then try again. Are you on IVF? That is why you are with Dr Loh as well?

how abt urself?
I did a mini confinement after the hysteroscopy cos for me was to clear the left over product of conception. That marks the end of my miscarriage. After initial bleed I didn't do any confinement cos I was emotionally too upset to even do anything.
I just drank tonic soup and red date ginger wolf berries drink everyday. After the spotting over in the next 3 days I went back to my tcm for acupuncture.
But not sure if removal of polyp need to do confinement.
Dr loh gave me norethisterone to withhold my period. He wants the lining to build up immediately after the op to prevent adhesion then probably after next cycle then can start also.

Chew- did one soiui supposed start ivf then got preg then gone ...so I m seeing dr loh...
oic hazel.since chew's sis n urself dr advised same, I think same for me..really wasted the mths to try ...
I will double confirm with dr later...
hmm I was asked to admit 12pm but the counter nurse said my surgery is 5pm...now I m waiting in ward -.- u guys exp anything similar? The nurse said need to shave my bottom part I got a big shock...later on she said oh no need...v confused -.-" I m waiting in ward now soo cold....

Chew- did one soiui supposed start ivf then got preg then gone ...so I m seeing dr loh...
oic hazel.since chew's sis n urself dr advised same, I think same for me..really wasted the mths to try ...
I will double confirm with dr later...
hmm I was asked to admit 12pm but the counter nurse said my surgery is 5pm...now I m waiting in ward -.- u guys exp anything similar? The nurse said need to shave my bottom part I got a big shock...later on she said oh no need...v confused -.-" I m waiting in ward now soo cold....

Ah! How come like that? My surgery is scheduled for 12 noon as well and will be doing my admission at 9am. How come yours pushed back till 5pm? Or maybe Dr Loh has another emergency?

I called the clinic. The philipino nurse said dr loh is like that one. He will arrange the timing himself...didnt hear of any emergency-.-" then might as well ask me to check in later right...-.- so cold n hungry now, was asked to fast.. haa n nervous...wan to quickly get over it..

I called the clinic. The philipino nurse said dr loh is like that one. He will arrange the timing himself...didnt hear of any emergency-.-" then might as well ask me to check in later right...-.- so cold n hungry now, was asked to fast.. haa n nervous...wan to quickly get over it..
Yah same here I was told to admit at 12 noon only found out surgery at 430! Some more ask me to fast so long... then I called and the nurses apparently dunno what time is surgery they just give a general advice. And by 3pm the nurses from ot came to fetch me all cos Dr loh very fast so will start asking them to send all the minor cases. Then wait in ot a while more.
Oh I shaved myself the night before cos I think it's cleaner as they will also need to cleanse and prep you for surgery. But don't shave also is fine la.

Hi Give a hope,
How are you after you done the ivig? I m doing it now.
I like this place, friendly nurses and nice and cosy room. I search on ivig last night and read your posts thus dropping you a msg to see how things was for u. Guess no one else I can relating this experience with other than those who went or going through.

Have a good weekend

Hi Give a hope,
How are you after you done the ivig? I m doing it now.
I like this place, friendly nurses and nice and cosy room. I search on ivig last night and read your posts thus dropping you a msg to see how things was for u. Guess no one else I can relating this experience with other than those who went or going through.

Have a good weekend
I like the place as well n friendly nurses. They bought lunch for me as well. Did the nurses told u how many hrs u will be there? They told me fat ones ard 4hrs n i small size so i was there close to 6hrs. How many weeks u in now?

Wanna ask, is there still a possible to conceive naturally if the 1st pregnancy is thru ivf but got miscarriage?

I just realized there was this thread here, and want to share.
My gynae has told me for the past weeks that he was negative on my pregnancy - at first it was the low gest sac, then it was irregular, but then it became normal which perked us up, but the following week the doctor said the growth of the embryo was too slow it may have stopped at 6 weeks when it should have measured 7 weeks in the ultrasound.

Very upset so I went to another doctor. 2nd doctor did vaginal scan and told me he couldn't detect a heartbeat or any blood flow. He explained the missed miscarriage, the d&c procedure, and I left the clinic bawling my eyes out. I couldn't really listen to anything he was saying.

I will visit my first original gynae on Thursday to do a final scan, before I decide when to do the d&c. Extremely scared and emotionally devastated. I have already used 9 days MC for bed rest, hoping it would help with the pregnancy.

Been trying to read others experience of d&c.. They talk about how the procedure is fast - but the emotional pain is the worst. I am already feeling it so bad now. I cannot imagine what it would be after.

Hi clarice I'm in the same case as u but my first gynae manage to see the tiny one with faint heart beat. The 2nd one cannot detect anything. Both asked me to go back next week to scan again. I oso dunno how to react next week if it is really bad news.

Hi clarice, I spoke to u at the feb thread. I just went for my d&c in the afternoon.i am bleeding real badly.gynae said even if bb is saved, there could be growth retardation in future. So I decided to end everything there n then. Hope everything will turn out well for you. Will pray for you. =)

Can I check with the rest who went thru the procedure b4, did u actually do a confinement?this is my 2nd d&c actually.everyone has been asking me to bu my body up.but I m not sure what I shld do.is going to tcm enough? Thanks in advance.

Clarice, I thot gynae shd give hl instead of mc for best rest. Even dnc aso shd b hl as well.
Watever outcome in next week scan, u have to tell urself bb is not ready n dun want parents to worry n decide to end now. Look at the other side that if it's at later stage mc, it's even worse feelings. I have to kp telling myself tat when it happened to me last year. I saw hb twice but 3rd visit gone. 2 days later I went for final scan n aso did bt twice to cfm my hcg has drop.
I know it's devstating but we have to learn to let go cos bb dun want us suffer n we aso dun want Bb to suffer as well..
Rem to do mini confinement for at least 2 weeks. Dnc is like giving birth, need to bu ur body back. If u can See tcm to tiao ur body for the road in front ………

Take care gal...we all here went thru all the heartpain... come here n talk to us

Hi all, i also had my d&c done this afternn. My bb heart stopped beating at week 6 n 4 days n i had light bleeding since yesterday after gynae checkup. Hence went ahead with
D&C today at tmc.

Feel heartbroken n m resting back at home nw. May i know which tcm
Did u all went to tiao ur body? Any recommendation? Is dr chan at marina parade gd?

Clarice, I thot gynae shd give hl instead of mc for best rest. Even dnc aso shd b hl as well.
Watever outcome in next week scan, u have to tell urself bb is not ready n dun want parents to worry n decide to end now. Look at the other side that if it's at later stage mc, it's even worse feelings. I have to kp telling myself tat when it happened to me last year. I saw hb twice but 3rd visit gone. 2 days later I went for final scan n aso did bt twice to cfm my hcg has drop.
I know it's devstating but we have to learn to let go cos bb dun want us suffer n we aso dun want Bb to suffer as well..
Rem to do mini confinement for at least 2 weeks. Dnc is like giving birth, need to bu ur body back. If u can See tcm to tiao ur body for the road in front ………

Take care gal...we all here went thru all the heartpain... come here n talk to us
Think it depends. My d&c previously also mc. Esp if not done in hospital and nvr check in :(

But best if can give lh and save on the mc.

Hi clarice, I spoke to u at the feb thread. I just went for my d&c in the afternoon.i am bleeding real badly.gynae said even if bb is saved, there could be growth retardation in future. So I decided to end everything there n then. Hope everything will turn out well for you. Will pray for you. =)

Can I check with the rest who went thru the procedure b4, did u actually do a confinement?this is my 2nd d&c actually.everyone has been asking me to bu my body up.but I m not sure what I shld do.is going to tcm enough? Thanks in advance.
I had 5mcs before. I nvr thought I needed confinement. But now I will tell u better do a mini one. So that u can bu to make ur body stronger. I'm very stubborn and will eat and drink cold drinks or Liang food.

Cox I didn't believe. Now I believe and I think it's impt. Rest well. Go tmc they will tell u what's good for u. I only started listening after my ectopic when tmc says actually my body is very strong but bcoz I didn't bu it makes my body weaker and may affect me conceiving in future. That's when I listen.

Hopeful_mum, thk u for sharing ur experience. Im thinking if I shld order some confinement food and go tcm at the same time.
The tcm I went to is dr zou at amk clinic. I hope going thru accpuncture will help my body recover faster. I haf had 4 preg but only 2 kids. Staring at the lights in the operating theatre really make me wonder if I have the courage to go thru a 5th preg..

Hopeful_mum, thk u for sharing ur experience. Im thinking if I shld order some confinement food and go tcm at the same time.
The tcm I went to is dr zou at amk clinic. I hope going thru accpuncture will help my body recover faster. I haf had 4 preg but only 2 kids. Staring at the lights in the operating theatre really make me wonder if I have the courage to go thru a 5th preg..
I heard she is really quite good. She happens to be on the same tour grp as my friend. My friend told me to see her. But amk very far haha.

Don't think so much first. Just by ur body. If u want a 3rd child then try again. For us with no kids yet, we just keep trying.

Rest well :)

Hi all, i also had my d&c done this afternn. My bb heart stopped beating at week 6 n 4 days n i had light bleeding since yesterday after gynae checkup. Hence went ahead with
D&C today at tmc.

Feel heartbroken n m resting back at home nw. May i know which tcm
Did u all went to tiao ur body? Any recommendation? Is dr chan at marina parade gd?
My gynae has told me for the past weeks that he was negative on my pregnancy - at first it was the low gest sac, then it was irregular, but then it became normal which perked us up, but the following week the doctor said the growth of the embryo was too slow it may have stopped at 6 weeks when it should have measured 7 weeks in the ultrasound.

Very upset so I went to another doctor. 2nd doctor did vaginal scan and told me he couldn't detect a heartbeat or any blood flow. He explained the missed miscarriage, the d&c procedure, and I left the clinic bawling my eyes out. I couldn't really listen to anything he was saying.

I will visit my first original gynae on Thursday to do a final scan, before I decide when to do the d&c. Extremely scared and emotionally devastated. I have already used 9 days MC for bed rest, hoping it would help with the pregnancy.

Been trying to read others experience of d&c.. They talk about how the procedure is fast - but the emotional pain is the worst. I am already feeling it so bad now. I cannot imagine what it would be after.

Ladies take care. It's heart breaking to go through miscarriage.

For dr chan at marine parade now there's a lot of mixed reviews. U may want to reconsider.

Take time to grief and heal emotionally if it really happens.

Those who already did their d&c rest well.

For those a

Thank u all. I think the support from everyone with the same experience really helps.
But I'm so sorry to hear that everyone else had the same painful experience. I truly understand the torture.

Think it depends. My d&c previously also mc. Esp if not done in hospital and nvr check in :(

But best if can give lh and save on the mc.
Ooo mine was done in hospital. U mean can do in clinic?
Anyway my hl was given by hospital w gynae approval n signature...

Hi kristal,

Can i hv the add of dr zou at amk clinic. Probably gv her a try since there is mixed review of dr chan at marina parade nw. Tia!

Zavbaby,

She is at blk 505 amk ave 8 #01-266.

Clarice,
Hope everything goes well for you.will keep you in prayers. Take care.

Sorry to hear of ur experience hopeful_mum. Yeah let's all jia you tgt.

Hi Charice, really sad and sorry to hear this. I had the same experience as you. We went for our first appt on week 6 and our gynea was not optimestic about the growth as it is too small and we waiting another week and did pelvis ultrasound which managed to hear the heartbeat for first time one week 7. However, the subsequent week on week 8, the heartbeat stopped. Both my hubby and I were super devastated and sad. On the same day that we know about the news, I did my DnC because I started bleeding. It was very emotionally. And I cried all the way to the Operation room. I didn't feel anything during the operation and when I woke up, the operation was done. There was a huge emptiness and sadness.

You need time to recover your body and as emotions. It took me 1 month before I can move on. Occasionally, I would still feel sad whenever I see other people having their own kids. But just remind yourself that as long as you have your hubby with you, you must be strong and positive for him as well. It's a difficult path for all of us here. You just take all the time you need and slowly recover. If you need to vent out your sadness, just come to this forum. There is a lot of ladies here supporting one and other. Take care.

Hi clarice I'm in the same case as u but my first gynae manage to see the tiny one with faint heart beat. The 2nd one cannot detect anything. Both asked me to go back next week to scan again. I oso dunno how to react next week if it is really bad news.

Hi Yap, sorry to read about your news. I hope things will turn out ok for you. Stay strong and will be praying for you.

Hi kristal, understand what you are going through. It is a difficult decision that no ladies want to make as well. After my DnC, I did have a mini confinement. No cold showers and drinks. Drank red dates and ginger tea, took a lot of food with ginger, and went to TCM, Mr Chan at Marine Parade. I do know after I take him medicine, I feel stronger. But you need to wait for a long time to see him and it is uncomfortable as the place is hot and stuffy.

Hi Ladies, just want to check I just received a call from my gynea yesterday on my blood test results and he mentioned that I have one type of antibodies which just need to aspirin when trying to conceive. Does anyone has such experience? And will that reduce any chances of getting pregnant natural? Does that mean I will have higher chance of miscarriage?

Last edited:
I have heard/read some mummies are taking aspirin while ttc n during pregnancy to thin their blood or wat. If I dun rem wrongly hopeful mum aso taking. I dun See that it's affecting getting pregnant naturally, it's suppose to help

I am taking baby aspirin during pregnancy now as I have border line Protein S deficiency, Hopeful_mum is jabbing, hers also blood thining med.

The idea is to thin your blood so it doesn't clot and block blood flow.

I read up on overseas forum, so pp if they have similar issues start taking baby aspirin when ttc but its baby aspirin not aspirin.

Do know what is the medical name for baby aspirin? My doc only said aspirin and he did said it's to prevent blood clotting.

Anyway to prevent such problems? Or it's genetics?

I left my doc prescription at home, check for you later. ya its for prevention of blood clotting.

Eh, not sure if have any ways to prevent it, from what I read, its seems to be like hereditary. But my sis pregnancy is smooth smooth lei, my mum suffered 3 miscarriages, but during that time, where got these kind of tests to run.
It also depends on how far u are from the normal range.

My doc referred me to see a rheumatologist for my issue and she is super ex.
The specialist is also seeing at NUH, hopeful_mum is doing seeing her at NUH, subsided some more. I am trying to downgrade my status to see her at sub rates also.

aiya i also left mine at home. ya its baby aspirin, dont take the usual aspirin.
I'm the one with protein s defiency. so now im on daily clexane jabs + baby aspirin every morning.

This is also known as STICKY Blood.

ya it doesnt really thin blood, it prevents the blood from clotting. coz if blood clots then when pregnant, blood MIGHT not be able to flow to placenta so can cause miscarraiges etc. if blood clot at elsewhere, like heart, then can cause coma etc and death. these are the super worst case scenarios and usually when the definency is not detected.

else, usually this can be easily treated. some ppl has this defiency, but not serious so they still can go through the entire pregnancy safely and smoothly.

i read up there are 2 types. some herediatary - meaning before pregnancy if test blood for protein s, will already be able to test. these ppl usually have issue slike deep vein thrombolisis etc, heart attacks etc coz blood clot.

2nd type is like mine, coz pre-pregnancy levels mine is totally fine. then when i got pregnant this time and finally tested, my protein s levels dropped drastically. i found out at 11w5d. i guess the baby aspirin that i have been taking daily prepregnancy to pregnant did play a role in keeping my beanie.

For me, I never had a chance to determine if my protein s levels were normal haha becoz 1st time I took was when I miscarry, 2nd time I took was when I am pregnant.

The test took a long time to come back.. mini 1+wk

For me, I never had a chance to determine if my protein s levels were normal haha becoz 1st time I took was when I miscarry, 2nd time I took was when I am pregnant.

The test took a long time to come back.. mini 1+wk
i dont know how long mine take. but my test was taken at 9w+ or 8w+ then review only during my oscar. i thought nothing mah who knows... lol
got a shocked!

Knowing our condition let us be mentally n physically prepared for what is tp come and also we take charge of our treatment together with our team of doctors who are there to support our pregnancy. We do not blindly follow dr orders but also question what is done so that we know what is happening.

I always have a test done before we ttc, after pregnancy test positive do again and regular checks to monitor. Then post partum do again see whether return to normal anot.

Back