(2014) ivf mummies support group

i think é pru, aia n axa covers sgd5k only... n not sure if it's only aia covers ivf conceive pregnancy..

if u hav aia hospitalisatñ shield, it may cover newborn congenitial conditñ, but may b subjected 2list of conditñs.. so if u have bought can ask é agent...

Hi morning ladies, yawn yawn. Woke up at 4 to pee then took me 2 hrs to drift back to slp n up again at 7. My goodness, if this goes on I gona b panda!!!

Thanks all sweet ladies :) u all shall be my other strength here :) ya i ask dh yesterday night...don't think at this stage the bb condition is so seriously till need to terminate this pregnancy right. Dh say of course no. I didn think of terminating too just that cause the doc say any reviews or qns or decision got to be make by week 24. Then I know what he mean, anyway I will be my princesses strength cannot let her down. All the more must protect her. Just pain me if she really need to undergo surgery at young stage and need to frequent checkup. But as long as she is born smoothly and healthy most condition can be rectify with today medication. I told my dh previously detail scan prof biswas only detected the white spot and mention that it might go off too during next scan so we got hope but now more or less is a known condition already. Not only it's a hole there is another extra tissue growing at side of the heart and if keep growing may block the valve and thus blood flow affected. So since this is gona be an issue now can only pray hole closes itself (1st problem) and the extra tissue is just membrane which the doc prefer it to be as it's easier to tackle. Anyway we will compile a list of qns to ask doc in our next visit to understand more and how it will affect the newborn in the worst case scenario.

I'm in private kkh now so all test or scan is consider private rates that's why very Siong. If I got think of all this maybe I should just stick to subsidies back then. Don't chose doc since chances of twins premmie also high and I also will be delivered by group of mo on duty instead of my gynae.

That time I went heard one of the insurance from expo I think either aia or prudential they don't cover ivf. But anyway now I thinking if I buy now they also will ask about bb detail scan report or what if they know about this will still cover? I currently under great eastern don't know whether they got any plans for newborn. Maybe must check with my agent.

At the scan yesterday twin b actually quite active too. I keep hearing the doc who did the scan say bb keep swimming..yst cannot see any screen cause it's only doc seeing I just lie there only. My other twin a is ok. So far so gd. She must jiayou and keep growing strong.

Last edited:
Iwantahealthybaby, just take one step at a time now just stay healthy and happy. Btw the white spot will heal so just got to pray. I saw my beanie the white spot when they show me on the screen. Doctor said don't worry so much. I think you go see prof as 2nd advise also good. So keep your appointment with prof too. I just called and cancel my appointment with Dr Ananda. Will just put my faith with God.

iwahb-jia you, do call ur agent n check all ur policies.. juz b prepared, make ur hubz know too.. draw simple charts n put in hp...

not sure if u found out b4, mayb can ask any chance baby can b under subz when mummy is under tps..

i juz feel we canot predict forces of nature, but we can get ready resources 2deal with it $$... afterall both babies may arrive strong n healthy! the conditions might juz go off even b4 the last part of 3rd trimester..

Morning ladies! Iwantahealthybaby, don't think of terminating. Medical science really advanced now. That friend with rare heart condition. The valve was at lower half of the heart, so her heart can't pump blood properly. And surgeries helped her.

I am sure your beanie will be fine. A bit of a heartache journey but all of u will be able to ride it thru and come out victorious. Maybe just need minor surgeries.

Active twinnies are good. Shows their fighting spirit. Hang in there k! We will be here with u every step of the journey.

circles-i really agree with é last part of ur blog, enjoy é pregnancy 1st..

i think until é moment baby arrives certified healthy n in our arms, é whole pregnancy chapter concludes n we move on 2nex phase..
Hahahah! It is just my weekly rumblings or ivf journal.

But yah, the journey is actually quite worrying and uncertain. Just one day at a time, one step at a time and enjoy the ride while we are at it. We can't control circumstances but we can control how we react to it. So smile and laugh at the storm and don't let it get us down.

I Actually teared when reading you girls message. Strong on the outside but inside keep worrying. Yup today at detail scan I shall see both Twinnies again will see how active they are fighting together with me :) thank you once again ladies for the positive comforting words to me! Yup lots of homework to be done on my side. Going to fix aptm with agent after scan today see when she free. Then going complie some qns to ask cardio doc in 2wks time.

Ok on a side note at least with the not so clear screen which we always complain in kkh adc they still manage to detect something unusual happening for my twin b. So glad somehow they follow up after that. If not I probably wouldn know as well if no fetal echo done cause detail scan not able see into heart and all we thought even doc or prof will see as a hole which may or may not disappear.

Hi mummies, I would like to ask if any of you encounter baby kicks during pregnancy continuously for 100 times at a go? Is that normal?
Would my baby be having ADHD when born? Im giving birth in two weeks time. Im worried.

Don't be worry about it.. often many kids are misdiagnosed as having ADHD and have to take medication.
Your little one might be an active one .. and some times they are dreaming in the womb and they will kick more etc..
Have a safe delivery.

Iwantahealthybaby, yesterday scan using the same adc machine? Today scan again using same machine? That time mine at adc I also don't know what machine but I know is specialized for heart also.
Don't worry just go for it whatever it is. Later you will see twinnies again, they are fighting together with the mummy. I believe your twinnies will stay strong. Will keep you and twinnies in my prayer.
Btw ladies, If go csec then after that can go post natal massage ma?

Nope lynncandy. Tdy was at adc using same machine as detail scan. Yesterday was done at cardiac centre at children's tower there. Should be a different machine but using same scan on tummy methods. I see no different but it's suppose to be able look into bb heart inside. I cannot see cause no tv screen is in front of me during the fetal echo. The only screen is doc see only. Dh can see also. But I lie down so angle doesn't allow. Today is more on checking growth of bb. Ya I hope to see active babies today hope not sleeping or face down lol. So long both kicking and active I am happy.

Mine love to face down. Yesterday was moving again as usual USA timing until doctor can't scan. But manage to see her gender again and her head.
Your scan is what time? So your dh took leave and go with you also. That's is good. Soso your tummy. Talk to beanies every night and sayang them.
Did you all buy more maternity clothing. Actually I am fine with the few as don't want to waste too much money after give birth cannot wear. However my colleagues keep commenting why I keep on wearing the same few clothing. Sigh. Btw how your clothing interchange is? 2 weeks once?

Mine love to face down. Yesterday was moving again as usual USA timing until doctor can't scan. But manage to see her gender again and her head.
Your scan is what time? So your dh took leave and go with you also. That's is good. Soso your tummy. Talk to beanies every night and sayang them.
Did you all buy more maternity clothing. Actually I am fine with the few as don't want to waste too much money after give birth cannot wear. However my colleagues keep commenting why I keep on wearing the same few clothing. Sigh. Btw how your clothing interchange is? 2 weeks once?
Lynn, I bought quite a number of pieces from ASOS. Dresses for work and some casual wear like tops and denim shorts. I can still wear some of my pre preggy clothes. Hee! Before I bought from ASOS, I also bought some dresses from Qoo10. All the clothes that I bought, I make sure I can wear back after delivery like all I need is go with a belt so that it doesn't look baggy anymore.

I Actually teared when reading you girls message. Strong on the outside but inside keep worrying. Yup today at detail scan I shall see both Twinnies again will see how active they are fighting together with me :) thank you once again ladies for the positive comforting words to me! Yup lots of homework to be done on my side. Going to fix aptm with agent after scan today see when she free. Then going complie some qns to ask cardio doc in 2wks time.

Ok on a side note at least with the not so clear screen which we always complain in kkh adc they still manage to detect something unusual happening for my twin b. So glad somehow they follow up after that. If not I probably wouldn know as well if no fetal echo done cause detail scan not able see into heart and all we thought even doc or prof will see as a hole which may or may not disappear.
加油! 加油! 加油! :)

Has anyone of u started on iron pills? I Google search last nite abt my dizziness n read that cld b vertigo strike during pregnancy.. I watsapp my gynae assistant n ask whether shd I See him. Cos once I start giddy I vomit my meal out

Nope lynncandy. Tdy was at adc using same machine as detail scan. Yesterday was done at cardiac centre at children's tower there. Should be a different machine but using same scan on tummy methods. I see no different but it's suppose to be able look into bb heart inside. I cannot see cause no tv screen is in front of me during the fetal echo. The only screen is doc see only. Dh can see also. But I lie down so angle doesn't allow. Today is more on checking growth of bb. Ya I hope to see active babies today hope not sleeping or face down lol. So long both kicking and active I am happy.

There is usually a high probability the hole in the heart will close. Don't keep worrying about it. Keep your spirits high.. 我们的孩子都得来不易!
Keep positive so babies will get the positive energy too

Lynn, I bought quite a number of pieces from ASOS. Dresses for work and some casual wear like tops and denim shorts. I can still wear some of my pre preggy clothes. Hee! Before I bought from ASOS, I also bought some dresses from Qoo10. All the clothes that I bought, I make sure I can wear back after delivery like all I need is go with a belt so that it doesn't look baggy anymore.

@faithfullyyours... can I know ASOS is at where?

Ladies me finish scan at adc. Today not really detail scan. Only mainly on twin b heart. There is a prof to see the scan too together with sonographer and his advice to us is right now he don't see much problem cause by the white spot (membrane/muscle) as blood flow inside heart is still normal. So just need further monitoring keep scanning. He also did assure me by saying nothing much to worry about now as anything spotted unusual it's their routine to do further testing. Well I know his being nice to get me not to worry much. But since fetal echo doc already say the problem bb have I guess it's more or less confirm just that how mild or severe only after birth can assess by scanning bb herself. Very funny today I heard the prof say to sonographer the resolution not clear haha. He repeated thrice cause he trying to take a clear view of bb heart. I was like hahaha so it's not me think not clear only. Even prof himself also think so. He say he didn see any hole here cause I think the scan not clear but I did tell him at fetal echo they did saw. Anyway hole both doc feel chances if closing is there even doesn't simple patch next time can rectify. I will skip prof biswas aptm at week 28 as I got two aptm in kkh for week 28 already and since both involve adc n cardiac centre I think nuh there can give a miss suddenly my visit to hospital very very frequent. I think I won't find my scan too far apart.

I just went bugis the wholesale bb clothes shop. Not a big shop. It's just opp bugis temple and the fd hawker. At corner near carpark, clothes indeed cheaper. Can go c c. Rough wear at home ok.

Just had Kway chap lunch heading back office now. Lynncandy: Yup dh will acc me to hospital for rest of the scans I think he also concern for my worrying thoughts. As clothes I don't really bother rotating much cause my colleagues mostly guys and uncles they don't usually kaypoh on the wearing haha. N right now I still mostly on two piece not dress so Mix match should still be ok not so obvious wear same piece. Maybe next week I will do some shopping on q010 on maternity tops. See got cheap deals.

I just now went to the b

iwantahealthybaby, glad there is a prof at kkh to look after your case. No worries, your beanies are in good hands with a prof. Think adc the machine as usual we know really not clear.
Glad also to hear your dh is with you.
I just bought $330 of maternity clothing at asos. Time to start shopping some clothings for beanie too.
Circle and Kitkats, how are your scan today?
Dolly any shopping or sales?

Dolly, multi vit pills got iron. I did not take extra. Did you manage to find your gynae on your giddness?
Share with you all I have graduatef for bp medication and now taking calcium, multi vit, fish oil and antibiotics for infection.

Last edited:
Yes guanyin temple. It's the address joy meme given. Blk 269 #01-246 just at the corner the shop. Standing in front of the temple back facing temple entrance u c a row of shop houses below a blk of HDB flat it's that blk. U walk over the blk and In your left direction. The shop is just beside the carpark road to the hawker across. I don't know the operating Time thou but guess won't open late.

Circle kitkats in que to see your gynae in tps or in midst of scan. Ya I was shock to see a prof there too today. I'm still hoping to let prof scan cause while waiting I saw the room name prof George yeo. In end being called to another room but halfway the sonographer say the doc want to see me too after this and halfway prof came in and did the scan for me too. He advice me inside as well after the scan. Today my bill is $75 they did wt and urine and bp test before my scan as well. Didn know adc do this too. Haha.

I will stay positive and happy for beanies sake. As of today thou twin b got some uncommon spot or problem detected she is still fighting and no major problems seen so far so I believe she is a fighter. She will be allright. I and her elder sis will keep her company :) jiayou!!!

Lynn congrats on your no bp pills days ;) and Whao u really into shopping huh? Stress from colleagues? Ignore them. But then again even preg wear nice clothes also perks our mood. Now I see got top not maternity I will try get too in their biggest size see if can fit.

Yes guanyin temple. It's the address joy meme given. Blk 269 #01-246 just at the corner the shop. Standing in front of the temple back facing temple entrance u c a row of shop houses below a blk of HDB flat it's that blk. U walk over the blk and In your left direction. The shop is just beside the carpark road to the hawker across. I don't know the operating Time thou but guess won't open late.

Circle kitkats in que to see your gynae in tps or in midst of scan. Ya I was shock to see a prof there too today. I'm still hoping to let prof scan cause while waiting I saw the room name prof George yeo. In end being called to another room but halfway the sonographer say the doc want to see me too after this and halfway prof came in and did the scan for me too. He advice me inside as well after the scan. Today my bill is $75 they did wt and urine and bp test before my scan as well. Didn know adc do this too. Haha.

I will stay positive and happy for beanies sake. As of today thou twin b got some uncommon spot or problem detected she is still fighting and no major problems seen so far so I believe she is a fighter. She will be allright. I and her elder sis will keep her company :) jiayou!!!

Thank you @iwantahealthybaby ... ^^

Lynn congrats on your no bp pills days ;) and Whao u really into shopping huh? Stress from colleagues? Ignore them. But then again even preg wear nice clothes also perks our mood. Now I see got top not maternity I will try get too in their biggest size see if can fit.
Yes I agree. Wear nice nice and perk our moods! I wanna put on makeup but DH forbids me.

Me just done with detailed scan. Now waiting to see Dr Tan.

My symptoms - nausea in 1st trimester though didn't vomit, oily face, small bumps on face, hairy tummy, longer or more visible hair on arms and legs.

And *drum roll* I am reporting to team pink, against most of the people who guessed team blue (including my tcm doc who guessed boy twice). Hahahah!

Welcome to team pink circle..team blue got kitkats and who so far?
Iwantahealthybaby, I try to get more tops and bottom due to my work nature wear dress quite inconvenient. Lol. Very stress by my colleagues as they keep on commenting :(. Sigh so think buy more dress nice nice also good. Happy mummy = happy beanie. Lol.

Last edited:
Congrats circle on pink theme. Can be your shopping buddy in future. Nevermind no.2 aim for theme blue. Confirm beanie open leg big big and saw theme pink? Hehe so cute. How is beanie today? I guess your wait at tps will be long.

Surprisingly fast! Done with dr tan! Hmmm the sonographer says 90%. She scanned twice some more. Once in the beginning and another time at the end. And even show me 3 white lines to say that is the vagina.
Who is your sonographer? Mine was Alice Oh. She scanned twice too. First time she said 80% girl. Second time she scanned again and said girl coz cannot see 小弟弟. But she didn't show me the 3 white lines.

Team Blue: Kitkats and Mapleleafy.

Team Pink: Iwantahealthlybaby, LynnCandy, Circlecircle, Faithfullyyours, Dolly_Gal

Did I miss out anyone?

Ya mine also show me three lines during my scan in nuh, as for kkh the sonographer Alice oh too didn show me much just say girl lol.

Congrats once again circles. Start shopping on pink girly stuffs.

How is kitkats scan today?

Circle you are so cute on the team forming. Wow this time round a lot of girls. The rest I think they are waiting for detailed scan. Anyone etc know the gender?
Kitkats how is your review? Double confirm blue?

Actually I notice that this year of Horse is the same as the year of Dragon. Got a lot baby girls. 2 years ago, most of my friends gave birth to baby girls. This year some of them are giving birth to their no. 2 and they are baby girls too. Some friends who are first time mum to be also having girls.

Who is your sonographer? Mine was Alice Oh. She scanned twice too. First time she said 80% girl. Second time she scanned again and said girl coz cannot see 小弟弟. But she didn't show me the 3 white lines.

Team Blue: Kitkats and Mapleleafy.

Team Pink: Iwantahealthlybaby, LynnCandy, Circlecircle, Faithfullyyours, Dolly_Gal

Did I miss out anyone?
Mine was done by an Indian lady. Can't remember her name. Start with v. Vanathy or something like that...

I was scanned by the Indian lady as well during my oscar and 2nd detail scan after Alice oh failed to picture my bb heart white spot is what. She is in room 2 today I think I went room 6 haha. Opposite hers.

But I heard before even natural conception girls also easier to kana. Those who have boys are those strong and steady sperms haha.

What's for dinner tdy ladies? I no idea.

Lol lynncandy, I so giddy the whole day n still have to work for a tender submission.. hope I dun key in wrong number... today didn't manage to go out of my estate..

Faithfully, if my dh say no makeup I kill him man.. hahaa
I cannot no dress up mayb due to my sales job nature n I like to dressup too even my ofc is in amk I aso dun care... u shd ask dreambear ..bwhahaa

Iwantahealthybaby, I'm sure this won't lessen your worries & heart pain for your gal, but my hubby has this old school mate in pri/sec school, hole in heart & he leads a very active life. Football school team, no problem with normal life at all & even more active than many of us. It will turn out fine with modern medicine & your love. Jiayou!

Congrats circle for your princess!

And faithfullyyours, you're right! Me & Kitkats team blue. :) Got a third confirmation on Sunday when I went in TMC 24hr clinic & gynae came down to check. (Been having braxton hicks so went back on duphaston, gynae says I've a low lying placenta too.) I've noticed that about this year Horse year & Dragon year too -- everyone I know who gave birth in Dragon year has gals. I heard next year Sheep year will be mostly boys cos my sil aiming for a boy, not sure true or not.

My detailed scan coming up on 15 July, anyone same as me?

Wah dolly you giddy until so quiet today. Better check with your gynae.
Iwantahealthtbaby, I am meeting my friend for dinner at ichiban later haha.
Btw just to share with you. Actually at week 7 after encountering the bleeding case. My mum bought very good cordyceps like 2 pieces with very good bao sheng (thin slice) and cook with black chicken soup for me. It cost about $100 per bowl of soup. Only drink like once a month or twice a month that time. I feel it helps in the growth of beanie and also helps the qi in us. It is just that very expensive.

Those still craving for marche is gonna hate me. I am here again! Crepe, rosti and crepe with ice - cream is on my list for dinner!

Circle I still have not get to eat rosti. Wow with crepe somemore the ham and cheese?? Oh man that's my fav.

Hahaha that's an early dinner circle. Enjoy.

Thanks mapleleafy. I guess I just got to learn to let go for the time being and stop worrying much since nothing can be done at this stage. I still thank god it's not Down syndrome so I shall just keep praying for their health. But yes so long it's an illness that can be cured by medicine or operation it shouldn be much of a problem. Can't wait for their arrival in my arms.

Nice food. I'm going for nearby zi char for fish head curry. Craving curry and rice.

Cheerywalnuts and sumiko how u girls doing?

Ya me lie on bed reading emails n making calls negotiate price. Tats the problem doing sales, u sick or on leave the number still runs, u dun work u lose customer unless u die then no one after u. Haiz the last fibroid surgery at tmc , I was glue to my laptop in my ward working n surfing net..
Now resting again cos price no good enough, further negotiations awaiting for reply...
If time permits tmr shall go See gp for mc.... getting tired in tri 2 n the sleepless night

Lynn, I love the ham & cheese crepe too!!!Ahhhh circle, me wants crepe too!!!

Lol I heard my sil say la, her parents in China say one cos apparently 送子娘娘 gives out babies by batches so it's one year a lot of boys, one year a lot of gals. My sil has a lot of theories one, Dragon year she used to say strike boy chance very high but she had a gal! We can cheong so fast for Sheep? I want also leh... but must stop bfd for fet.

Dolly you can start on iron pills but will cause constipation. Lucky u can work from hm.

I now no makeup to work if go out then will makeup Haha. My workplace all uncles seldom care. Got few ladies but they don't make up too so no threat and pressure haha

Back