(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Wow, twins! Congrats!
By the way, when the doctor does the scanning, do u literally really hear the heartbeat? Mine was just looking at the blinking heartbeat on the screen.
Thanks serene_clare!!

We did hear the heartbeats.. Very fast pace.. My husband video the scanning process and we can hear the heartbeats clearly from the video!

My boobs are getting sore and tight... need to get new bra soon... Any reccs on where's a good place to go get maternity bras? Can I still wear non-wired normal bras?

Yup can just use non wired bras.. Maternity bras i use only when breastfeeding.. Baby fairs will have.. Some online sellers too..

Wow, twins! Congrats!
By the way, when the doctor does the scanning, do u literally really hear the heartbeat? Mine was just looking at the blinking heartbeat on the screen.

Congrats jojolovesbb! I love twins!

Hmm for my scan i can also hear the real heartbeat.. Seeing so many of you video down.. I should have videoed too!!!

Congrats jojolovesbb! I love twins!

Hmm for my scan i can also hear the real heartbeat.. Seeing so many of you video down.. I should have videoed too!!!
Thanks yingzz!! We are happy n shock to see our twins, as we only saw 1 lil beanie on our first scan..

You should try to video on your next scan, our parents are very happy to watch the video..

My next scan is 3 weeks later.. Can't wait!!

i didnt 'hear' the heartbeat. for me too, it was just a fast flickering on the screen, which the doc was hte baby's heartbeat!

congrats for the twins!! I always have loved the idea of having twins :)

Congrats Jojo! Guess it's the first twins in our group? I have not logged in for quite sometime and was catching up on the thread. Welcome to all the new mummies! I just had my OSCAR done on Monday, will be seeing my gynae and getting my results next Mon! Excited to see baby again, baby keep on wriggling during OSCAR...had a good time doing the scan and watching baby moves around. =)

@junnicorn Many of my friends and family's babies are all delivered by him.. will be taking package with him on my next scan on 11/7..

@Poohtastic thanks! Can't wait to see updates from all mummies..

Is the Facebook group still active?

Congrats Jojo! Guess it's the first twins in our group? I have not logged in for quite sometime and was catching up on the thread. Welcome to all the new mummies! I just had my OSCAR done on Monday, will be seeing my gynae and getting my results next Mon! Excited to see baby again, baby keep on wriggling during OSCAR...had a good time doing the scan and watching baby moves around. =)

That is fast, you are entering 2nd trimester?

My Oscar is in 2 weeks time. so long...

Congrats jojo!! Twins! Wow!

I had my Oscar on e 18 June. And only seeing gynae on 8th July. Quite nervous actually. Tho e ultrasound tech says everything looks gd.

And I cannot be added to fb cz e email is an old one n I forgot my password lol.

Hv a gd day ladies :)

wow I tink if my Oscar scan is good, I already put 1/2 my heart down. haha Long wait to see the gynae. Me 2 I am scanning on the 10 Jul, only seeing gynae on 23 July. Call my clinic ytd, the nurse said if got problem will tell you to go down earlier. So I think no news is good news. :p

Just went to the gynae yesterday for my first visit and realised that I am due earlier than expected! EDD is 23 Jan 2015! :)

My next visit to the doctor will be for OSCAR Scan on 9 July 2014...

Hello all
I suffer bad constipation. Anybody experience the same? Besides drinking prune juice, any other alternative?

My tummy also look v big think I didn't go toilet to clear the waste. Ppl already started asking me if I am preggy but I only intend to say after 1st trimester.

Anyone not intending to hire confinement lady? At first my mum say don't need cuz her and my MIL will take care, but my sis advised that it is still better to hire one to take care of chores as welll...

Anyone not intending to hire confinement lady? At first my mum say don't need cuz her and my MIL will take care, but my sis advised that it is still better to hire one to take care of chores as welll...

Hi

I nv hire confinement lady befote for my previously 2 pregnancy... coz sometimes kenna bad confinement lady also a big headache... juz my granny help me with my confinement. . Simple dishes simple soup / tonics...

Housework my granny does it... I help with taking care of baby only .

Hello all
I suffer bad constipation. Anybody experience the same? Besides drinking prune juice, any other alternative?

My tummy also look v big think I didn't go toilet to clear the waste. Ppl already started asking me if I am preggy but I only intend to say after 1st trimester.

Drink yakult! I also having slight constipation problem, Yakult works for me.

I not intending coz my mum will be helping me. I am planning to go stay at her house for confinement.

I wont be getting CL too...intend to take care of the baby myself... MIL and her helper will help me with no 1 and the chores and cooking...

am considering confinement food catering as well...

Last edited:
Hello ! Have anyone tried iGeneScreen, another non-invasive test ....? Heard doc said it is very good, accuracy higher than Panorama & MT21.....

Thanks sunflower.

I need CL. This is my first, isn't it too early to book now? Tot of after 1st trimester then book.

Btw, next year CNY is Feb 19. So 1 month confinement will cross to CNY if the EDD is after Jan 19 right?

Thanks sunflower.

I need CL. This is my first, isn't it too early to book now? Tot of after 1st trimester then book.

Btw, next year CNY is Feb 19. So 1 month confinement will cross to CNY if the EDD is after Jan 19 right?

You have to try to find one now... not easy to get a good one as most get booked very early and since our confinement will cross CNY period, the cost is also much more.

Thanks for ur feedback re confinement lady... my sis kept on pushing that I need a CL... but I also want to respect my mum and my MIL, because I don't want to hire a CL and make my mum/MIL feel like I don't appreciate their effort, you know what I mean??

I'm a first time mum, so I may not understand why I really need a CL (or why my sis keep pushing for me to have a CL), especially when I know that my MIL and my mum will take care of me and my baby in that aspect.

So I just spoke to my mum and told her that if she feels that she needs, then I'll hire one. She said she will discuss with my MIL about it.

Last edited:
I have had confinement nannies for all 3 kids. It made a difference for me as I don't get help from my parents or in-laws. As I tend to get moody and irritable after birth and the lack of rest gets to me I rather just be left alone than have my mum nag at me all day. The nannies don't really nag...they will maybe give advice and leave me alone. On top of that they are professionals (provided you hire a good one) so you know your baby is in good hands and you can catch up on rest and regain sanity. It's a tiring job for the nannies but they are used to it, I'm not sure about our mums suddenly having to cook confinement meals, and help with looking after a newborn and a recuperating mom. Seems rather taxing. Even I wldn't take up the job.

That being said, I have friends who have kids but didnt hire confinement nannies or get help from their moms. They manage on their own and do fine too. So I guess it's an individual's preference at the end of the day. :)

Good Morning, I am 10wks now and I realise I gain around 1kg+- not alot. It is OK rite? I don't have severe.Morning sickness, I still eat but eat lesser at night. I am overweight and don't intend to gain alot of weight.in fear of gestation diabetes. :p

I
Good Morning, I am 10wks now and I realise I gain around 1kg+- not alot. It is OK rite? I don't have severe.Morning sickness, I still eat but eat lesser at night. I am overweight and don't intend to gain alot of weight.in fear of gestation diabetes. :p
just regained my lost weight last month Lolz if bb is growing well ok lah .. Eer gd is control type of food intake not reduce food leh but doesn't mean u take double Amt of food Lolz

Btw read this article very funny
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=834325353262088&id=183928441635119

Reduce Cox no appetite. i snack inbetween meals thou. Good breakfast, moderate lunch, light dinner and fruits.

But my tummy is showing lei. I think I am self sustaining now hahaha

Reduce Cox no appetite. i snack inbetween meals thou. Good breakfast, moderate lunch, light dinner and fruits.

But my tummy is showing lei. I think I am self sustaining now hahaha

first trimester seldom put on weight... you will start gaining weight from 2nd trimester just dun lose too much like 5-6kg in your first trimester and you are fine.

Good that you are having few small meals, it is one of the ways to minimise the nasty nausea... try to eat healthier snack too instead of junk food...

Not all overweight will get GD, GD has some heredity component too... so say if your mother has GD previously when she was pregnant with you, very likely you will get it too...

nope. she doesn't, I am worried coz I am overweight. haha higher risk ma....
Din lost weight, but din gain much. :p

Ya, my colleague was not overweight but she gain like 25 kg by 8 months and was diagnose with GD, heng she was not in bad condition and just have to watch her weight.

nope. she doesn't, I am worried coz I am overweight. haha higher risk ma....
Din lost weight, but din gain much. :p

Ya, my colleague was not overweight but she gain like 25 kg by 8 months and was diagnose with GD, heng she was not in bad condition and just have to watch her weight.

you must see your family history line ... if there is anyone with diabetes then ...there is a chance of GD and being PCOS also another higher chance but like what Ecym said not all wll get it just because of overweight

for some reason this pregnancy i detest Sweet stuff ...so it is a blessing in disguise for me lolz cos me pcoser :D keep it up baby :D ... cant wait to do my Oscar coming monday ... yes ...i want to get over all these genetic tests ASAP

wah 25kg is alot leh ..how heavy is the baby ?

3.1kg. 25kg was at 8mth. I don't know how much she gain by the time she give birth.

OK, then maybe chances low. we only have high blood :p

Your OSCAR so fast, i still have 2 weeks to go.. Hai, haven seen my baby for 2 weeks haha

Now I'm in week9, I already gained 2-3kg!! No MS, n keep feeling hungry.. hubby tell me there's 2 of them eating with me, so it's normal.. Zzz

But will try to eat healthy snacks like fruits, cereal n yoghurt.. To control my weight gain..

Don't dare to do too much exercise, afraid will affect them.. Doc say twins has slightly more risk than single.. Have to be more careful..

I'm at 9+ weeks, think I have gained approx 1kg....

I also feel like I am starting a show a lil tummy.... like my trousers are slightly tighter now (though I generally wear fitting clothes).

Having difficulty sucking in my tummy now! :(

Now I'm in week9, I already gained 2-3kg!! No MS, n keep feeling hungry.. hubby tell me there's 2 of them eating with me, so it's normal.. Zzz

But will try to eat healthy snacks like fruits, cereal n yoghurt.. To control my weight gain..

Don't dare to do too much exercise, afraid will affect them.. Doc say twins has slightly more risk than single.. Have to be more careful..

Just do light ones like walking or swimming will do... have to move too to get the blood going

I'm at 9+ weeks, think I have gained approx 1kg....

I also feel like I am starting a show a lil tummy.... like my trousers are slightly tighter now (though I generally wear fitting clothes).

Having difficulty sucking in my tummy now! :(

aiyo i very sad about the tummy lor... me only 8 weeks already big like 5 months liao... make me very worried ... dun noe its the pregnancy or the IVF drugs or something more cynical! :(

I think i weight about the same but my tummy is showing also... can't button my pants! hahaha

I already ordered maternity pants online :p

3.1kg. 25kg was at 8mth. I don't know how much she gain by the time she give birth.

OK, then maybe chances low. we only have high blood :p

Your OSCAR so fast, i still have 2 weeks to go.. Hai, haven seen my baby for 2 weeks haha

i'm 11th week so next week 12th week just nice for oscar you are 10th so 2 weeks later 12th weeks also just nice wat :D

err ..not scaring you high blood = preclampsia worry hor ...

wah what she eat ... meaning she took most of the weight gain when bb only 3.1kg

I think i weight about the same but my tummy is showing also... can't button my pants! hahaha

I already ordered maternity pants online :p

where you order ...share share link leh think i need to get it too soon

I also just ordered maternity stuff online. I work in a hotel so the dress code is very formal, so need to find nice work pants/skirt and suit/jacket.....

Asos.com is having sale now, worth looking as some of the stuff is not very expensive. Old Navy got 20% off right now, got spree going on as well at the Spree forum.

M&S is having sale on quite a lot of non-wired bras as well. Very cheap from $20 onwards. Worth taking a look at the stores. I would have bought, but the cup size like not suitable for me.

qoo10 also got some nice casual maternity dresses.

I think since we are giving birth in January, we might need to start shopping for stuff now during sale, cuz the next sale would be in Christmas period, by then we would be very close to EDD, shopping would be much more difficult and tiring!

i'm 11th week so next week 12th week just nice for oscar you are 10th so 2 weeks later 12th weeks also just nice wat :D

err ..not scaring you high blood = preclampsia worry hor ...

wah what she eat ... meaning she took most of the weight gain when bb only 3.1kg

But i don't have high blood, my BP are normal. Its my dad and my grandmum that has high blood
Yah! when she was in her 2nd tri, she can finish 1 loaf of bread in 2 days!

i brought from tabao! hahaa was looking for cheaper alternatives. Will update you the quality when i received the goods.

What kind of pants did u buy? Formal? Leggings etc?

How much?

Got link to share?

I only shop from qoo10 and gmarket, nv shop from Taobao before.... :)

@ecym ☺️Will start to do some light exercise or yoga after 3months..

@PTB7674 @sunflower307 my gf recommend this online maternity pants.. I intend to buy once my tummy is bigger..
ImageUploadedByForum1403753494.485501.jpg

Back