IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

Salam ladies, can I ask if anybody has transferred hospital from KKH to NUH before? I want to get another opinion from another hospital and have actually booked an appt with Dr Stephen Chew this June. The lady who booked the appt for me told me that I would need to gather all my medical reports from KKH first before meeting the doc. KKH medical report centre said that I must pay $96 for a summary of medical history and another $6 for test results. Is this the correct method or would NUH be able to retrieve the medical reports on their end? TIA.

Salaam mnadz01,

I transferred from nuh to kkh.

Nope I didn't pay anything. I just bring e discharge summary of my lap and my hsg report and my husband sperm analysis. All this reports are original and given to us already.
Anything else, I just say verbally.

Salaam ladies,
Hi all.

It's been a long while since my last visit ( 6 mths I assume).
Anyway, a huge Hello to all who hv been der for me and to new friends. ( I miss u bubbli!)

Just wanna update.
My last gd bye was after my 3 failed FET, in oct 2013. Aft that dh n I took a break. I started work at a new workplace and enrolled in sch,
A lil history- married for 5 yrs.
Did hsg and lap n countless test, I hv chromosomes issues.
Dh has sever vericocelle, vericose veins at his scrotum wic cause low motility, low mortality and low morphology.
He was referred to urologist at TTSH from the andrology dept Dr Matthew Lau.

Well, Dh finally took e plunge and had day surgery to remove the vericose veins on February 2014. We were told by the expert that significant sperm results can only be seen 2-6mths post surgery. So we tot ok if by that period we don't conceive we ll go back to kkh ivf for our second fresh.

God is great, I'm 8 weeks pregnant currently..
Big big shock to us, our families and close buddies who hv known our journey and prayed for us.

So now I have stopped work (it's freelance anyway) and postpone sch. Morning sickness n sleepless nights due to backaches has been a permanent resident. Basking in my joy, embracing my miracle.

I wish I can inspire other ladies who hv a similar situation. Maybe we shld give ourselves a break and let our men do their tiny bit and hopefully wld safe us from anymore painful and costly triumphs at e fertility clinic.

Nevertheless, my prayers are with all of u. All the best in ur journey. May u all be blessed too. Amin insyaAllah.
Baby dusts to all

Salam Missyz...

Alhamdulillah...Good to hear good news from u...Thanks for sharing the good news with us...So hepi for u dear..Yup true sometimes we need to relax and stay stress free to achieve our goals..I have seen many cases from some of my frens..It will happen to us too..

Have a smooth pregnancy ahead Sis..Take care

Salam ladies, can I ask if anybody has transferred hospital from KKH to NUH before? I want to get another opinion from another hospital and have actually booked an appt with Dr Stephen Chew this June. The lady who booked the appt for me told me that I would need to gather all my medical reports from KKH first before meeting the doc. KKH medical report centre said that I must pay $96 for a summary of medical history and another $6 for test results. Is this the correct method or would NUH be able to retrieve the medical reports on their end? TIA.

Dear..u can email or ask ur dr to get a printout of ur report...Shldn't be a problem..I did that for mine...So I got most of my report from KKH for keeps

Salam All.

I came across this forum group and I thought that it would be good to join this support group with similar-minded people. Like most (some?) of you, we have been married for a few years and have been trying to conceive for a long while now. SO-IUI, IVF all failed. Never been pregnant before. Sigh.

Now we are going through our 2nd IVF. Insya Allah, we are praying hard that it might work this time round. I hope to lend support and get support from all our Muslimahs here.

Salam perkenalan. =)

Salam Perkenalan dear...Welcome here...Wish u all the best dear...;-)

Hi all...

Im out for this cycle.. Af came today. :( dunno if I still need to go for BT. Anyone knows?

Time to think what's the next step and moving on ...

Kinetic so sorry to hear dear..But still go for BT as per usual..Just in case je....Take care and be strong k..

Yes! I asked for pills to induce my menses. Sometimes they forgotten to give u so u must ask & remind them ok? It took me 11 weeks baru transfer including inducing AF period and medications. So long! haha takpe... hope worth the wait.

Wish u all the best for your FET too sis! Alhamdulillah my 2 embryos survived thawing and I still have balance of 4 embbies in the storage. Last Saturday was the ET. Counting days to BT on 5th June now. I'm quite surprise it is only 13days from the transfer. Cepat! KKH selalu 18days kan?. . . Nevertheless, i just tawakkal and hope for the best.

For the rest of the cycling ladies here, Good luck & stay positive ok! :)

Wow cahayasuci....U r in ur 2ww...Bestnya...Wish u all the best dear...Hope to hear good news from u soon..;-)

Salam to all..

So nice to see some activity...BFPs from some sistas here...

Congrats to sistas who have succeed...Thank you for sharing ur good news with us..This gives us hope that we will succeed too Insya-allah..

To those cycling..Wish u all the best ya...Hope to hear more good news to come...;-)

I dun wish to rant but I tink this time round I really need some advice...I have been trying to do FET since last year Dec...But postpone cos helping my aunt with cussie wedding..Then wanted to do in Feb..again postpone..Then Apr and May wanted to again...postpone cos sick...

This time round aru nak mkn ubat to induce menses...Again unfortunate events turn up...Just a day after I celebrated mother's day with my grandma & my closest family..My grandma passed away the very next day noon on 17.05.14...It was devastating..She has not been in good health..But she is very strong...She fought tru difficult journey 2 years back and pull tru...But this time round..She left us..Her heart failed...I have redha and accepted..But I am very upset that she didn't get the chance to see my child..She always prayed for me to have one..I am very closed to her since young..Her 1st granddoter...

I have been praying hard to help me tru this phase...I have this strong feeling to just dispose my last set of embryos and don't do FET anymore..Entahla mcm da too many signs that this isn't for me anymore..I am still thinking and praying for his guidance to decide...

Shld I dispose my embryos or shld I just rest and go tru this last FET...? My mind is strong..But my heart isn't...

@cahyasuci @shakey I'm at KKH now, 2nd fresh cycle. Today is D8 only, have yet to return to clinic for checks.

Am on menopur n puregon, macam drug overdose gitu. I'm very afraid of OHSS.

Hi Cumi, have you ever had OHSS? Eat lots of protein foods k.. I had mild symptoms of OHSS during my last cycle and a total of 50 follicles so Prof advised to postpone the ET. Don't think too much k.. You need to relax and take things easy this time. Share your concerns with your doc in the next appointment. Insha Allah, all ok ya...

I transferred from Thomson to NUH and I didn't pay for any reports. I brought the HSG report that I did at Thomson and my ex-gynae wrote a referral letter. Bring all the test results that they have given you and like @missyz said, the rest all verbal.

Salam to all..

Congrats to sistas who have succeed...Thank you for sharing ur good news with us..This gives us hope that we will succeed too Insya-allah..

To those cycling..Wish u all the best ya...Hope to hear more good news to come...;-)

I dun wish to rant but I tink this time round I really need some advice...I have been trying to do FET since last year Dec...But postpone cos helping my aunt with cussie wedding..Then wanted to do in Feb..again postpone..Then Apr and May wanted to again...postpone cos sick...

This time round aru nak mkn ubat to induce menses...Again unfortunate events turn up...Just a day after I celebrated mother's day with my grandma & my closest family..My grandma passed away the very next day noon on 17.05.14...It was devastating..She has not been in good health..But she is very strong...She fought tru difficult journey 2 years back and pull tru...But this time round..She left us..Her heart failed...I have redha and accepted..But I am very upset that she didn't get the chance to see my child..She always prayed for me to have one..I am very closed to her since young..Her 1st granddoter...

I have been praying hard to help me tru this phase...I have this strong feeling to just dispose my last set of embryos and don't do FET anymore..Entahla mcm da too many signs that this isn't for me anymore..I am still thinking and praying for his guidance to decide...

Shld I dispose my embryos or shld I just rest and go tru this last FET...? My mind is strong..But my heart isn't...

I am very sorry for your loss, dear. Insha Allah you can get through this. The strong feeling to dispose your embryos, I think that is emotion telling you that. And we all know too well, how our emotions can affect our minds. You are very upset and you feel like whats the point.. But you will only regret if you stop now. Give yourself some time to grief, clear your mind and then revisit this FET decision. Talk to your hubby as well.

These are all ujians and I believe ada hikmah disebaliknya.. Only Allah knows the best. Sembahyang istikharah, insha Allah HE can guide you.

My advise is don't stop. Don't give up. Pull through with this last FET. I know you can and you WILL get through this..
Hugs!

Salam Missyz...

Alhamdulillah...Good to hear good news from u...Thanks for sharing the good news with us...So hepi for u dear..Yup true sometimes we need to relax and stay stress free to achieve our goals..I have seen many cases from some of my frens..It will happen to us too..

Bubbli, I am so sorry for ur loss. Iñnalillahiwainnalillahirajiun.

Dear I think u shld give ur frozen embbies a chance. Becz u nvr know. Really. If u read e other threads der are still successful stories too..

Maybe hv a gd break first. Boost ur immune. InsyaAllah this round might work.

All e best dear :)

Salam Missyz...

Dear I think u shld give ur frozen embbies a chance. Becz u nvr know. Really. If u read e other threads der are still successful stories too..

I am very sorry for your loss, dear. Insha Allah you can get through this. The strong feeling to dispose your embryos, I think that is emotion telling you that. And we all know too well, how our emotions can affect our minds. You are very upset and you feel like whats the point.. But you will only regret if you stop now. Give yourself some time to grief, clear your mind and then revisit this FET decision. Talk to your hubby as well.

These are all ujians and I believe ada hikmah disebaliknya.. Only Allah knows the best. Sembahyang istikharah, insha Allah HE can guide you.

My advise is don't stop. Don't give up. Pull through with this last FET. I know you can and you WILL get through this..
Hugs!

Thanks Shakey

I guess wat u say is true..Emotions just running wild..My hubby dah suruh stop since April actually..I je yang degil insist nak continue..Ni if he knows..He will sure says dun continue anymore..

Maybe I shall think tru again..Tak terfikir pulak pasal regret until u mention here..Hmm betul jugak ckp u..Wat if I regret of not doing this one last time..

I will grieve and think tru and decide lepas Ramadhan nanti...Thanks for ur advise and console Sis..Dugaan byk sekali tahun ni..But I will tabah and move on..Insya-allah...U take care Sis..All the best for ur FET too..;-)

Thanks Missyz...U sistas here are the best when in need...Yup will have a good break then see how it goes..U take care ya..;-)

@cahyasuci @shakey I'm at KKH now, 2nd fresh cycle. Today is D8 only, have yet to return to clinic for checks.

Am on menopur n puregon, macam drug overdose gitu. I'm very afraid of OHSS.

Dear, U try increase yr protein intake. U may try egg whites from telur ayam kampung or immunocal shake.k.

My previous ivf I've suffered ohss too. It was such a miserable experience for me. and it last for one week since my ER. So pls take care yr body, increase yr proteins or see if u can postpone yr ET then better to postpone it to the later date.

Btw, Dr will inform u if u have high risk of ohss.ok. For now keep yr mind free and don't worry to much. ;)

Waalaikumsalam mnadz01
I am from KKH last time transferred to NUH under PC Wong. When I came for my 1st appt, the nurse at Woman's Clinic asked me n husband to fill up & signed some form of permission/request to KKH to release the blood test results n reports to us. After they faxed it to KKH, few days later I called KKIVF to request for the reports they said I can come anytime to collect it. No charges at all. They gave me a set of original reports and another set of photocopied version.

Last edited:
Alhamdulillah! All good thoughts k..
Praying for u!!!

The nurses at NuH said for fet, hosp leave they only give 10 days compared to fresh 18 days. They say because when et, the embryos are already day 3/5 so it will be fast..

Thank you shakey! Appreciate :)

Wah u have 50 follicles !! I thought mine alot...u have more!! :D

Salam to all..

bubbli,
Innalillahi wainna ilahirrajiun. .
My deepest condolences to you and your family sis.

May Allah keep u strong in yr iman and eases yr pain bubbli. Somehow I understand the sadness, even though my grandmom still around.. I am the first grand-daughter and the closest to her.. so I can imagine what if she leave me one day... I'll will breakdown the most...

As what others have said, allow some time for yrself to grief and clear yr mind. And for yr snow babies, do solat istikhorah and ask guidance from Allah. From my opinion, pls give yrself a chance to try again whenever u r ready and when yr emotions is stable.

Thanks for the wish darl. Ameenx3.

bubbli,
Innalillahi wainna ilahirrajiun. .
My deepest condolences to you and your family sis.

May Allah keep u strong in yr iman and eases yr pain bubbli. Somehow I understand the sadness, even though my grandmom still around.. I am the first grand-daughter and the closest to her.. so I can imagine what if she leave me one day... I'll will breakdown the most...

As what others have said, allow some time for yrself to grief and clear yr mind. And for yr snow babies, do solat istikhorah and ask guidance from Allah. From my opinion, pls give yrself a chance to try again whenever u r ready and when yr emotions is stable.

Thanks for the wish darl. Ameenx3.

Thanks Sis..Oh u r the 1st too..It's not really easy for us..She took care of me since I was a baby as my mum had to go to werk..Lepas tu pun I am still very close to her..I even bought her a baju to wear for my cousin wedding masa Mother's Day ari tu..Sepasang with my mum and aunts. Cuma sempat sarung..Tak dpt pakai pun..This upset me even more..

But have to be strong and try to learn to move on..She is at a better place now..

Yup will seek his guidance and rest for the moment..Like wat shakey mentioned I dun wan to regret any decision I make following my emotions...

U take care ya Sis..Hope to hear good news from u soon..;-)

Thank you ladies who replied my query on the NUH transfer.

@bubbli26 i hope you give your embies a chance. I understand the feeling of having too many signs :( but everytime I have that feeling I would tell myself that there are also many signs pointing to why I must still try - govt grant, medisave, and im also thankful for being able to still be able to work to support my ttc efforts. Do grief, it will make you feel better *hugs*

Thank you ladies who replied my query on the NUH transfer.

@bubbli26 i hope you give your embies a chance. I understand the feeling of having too many signs :( but everytime I have that feeling I would tell myself that there are also many signs pointing to why I must still try - govt grant, medisave, and im also thankful for being able to still be able to work to support my ttc efforts. Do grief, it will make you feel better *hugs*

Salam mnadz...I dun have medisave or govt grant..mine private..Dah abis pakai medisave..:-(..keje pun tak ada..hehehe..So I guess alot of things add up...Yup will grief and come back again once all k..

U take care Sis..

Salam sis @bubbli26 I am very sorry. I didnt mean to cause you further stress :( Do take care ya.

@jannah jann , I did IUI at KKH in 2011 under private rates and it cost me $1600 cash kalau tak salah. I did not use any grants or medisave. Tapi of course the cost may vary up to $2500, depending on the amount of medication (Puregon) that you have to take. All the best babe.

Salam to all..

Sis Bubbli,
Im so sorry to hear abt ur loss. It must have been very hard for u. I can also understand ur sadness, even though my grandma stil around. Coincidentally, Im also the 1st grandchild & closest to my grandma. She took care of me since young & like urs, mine also prayed hard for me to have a child one day. I cant imagine a day without her..its ok to cry and let out ur feelings. At least u all sempat gather for mother's day celebration kan?

Ujian ni smua given to us to make us a much stronger person than before. Its hard truth but life goes on. U mesti rasa terkilan abt not producing cicit yet. Im sure deep on her heart, she understands & noes how hard u have tried & persevere..Ajal, maut & rezki smua di tangan Tuhan. Only He noes wats the best for us all. Im sure shes in a much better place now. Redha & sabar k sis..

Abt ur remaining embryos, my opinion, juz like wat the others said, is to try one last time. Must give each & every embryo a chance to have a shot in life. They are yours, a part u & hb's, & they are created for a reason. Mcm sayang to juz dispose off them. Wat if u menyesal & terbayang bayang in future abt disposing them, by then it will be too late. At least try k. Who noes this time its ur rezki to strike. Mayb He gives u all this ujians so tat finally, berkat kesabaran, u will reap ur priceless gift?

My advice is take time to slow talk wif hb abt going thro ur last FET, ur thoughts & feelings together, at same time, sembahyang istiharah to seek guidance frm Him & byk berdoa after solat, to make u a stronger person so that u can still have the strength to carry thro this emotionally & physically k sis. Take care..

Thanks @shakey and @cahyasu ci.. Ok noted. Shall just go for BT. I redha for whatever will happen.. Insya'Allah whatever the result, may Allah gives me strength. Alhamdulillah for the opportunity provided. :)
Kin-etic, dun throw in the towel yet. All not confirmed till BT tau. Have faith..

Btw tat day, i saw Dr Que. He told me abt 2 malay ladies going thro ivf & iui. Den tgh having 2ww, figured out the one with iui is u! Hes curious abt ur BT results. Jgn lupa to update him k! All the best!

LIL updates about me:
Fri, 16th May: Lining check only 6mm
Still on 3tabs twice daily Progynova and 4tabs Oestradiol to be insert down below daily.
Lining check again next Tuesday... need to reach 8mm then can transfer.

Anyone know where can I find Red Raspberry leaf tea?

Just read the thread after so long, answering your raspberry tea leaf question - u can get it at any organic stores or on iherb.com :)

Just read the thread after so long, answering your raspberry tea leaf question - u can get it at any organic stores or on iherb.com :)

Thank you andreanie. I will sure order with iherb next time cos I used to order maca root & bee pollen from their website.

Today is 8dp3dt, I POAS but shows negative. Is it too early to poas ? cos I read that some can get the result as early as 7dpt... or perhaps I just failed this cycle :confused:

Last edited:

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un...

Sorry to hear this news @bubbli26. Im not the first grand-daughter but I really hope my children get to meet my grandparents too. I teared reading this..And knowing how close you are to her.. I can only imagine.. Insya'Allah everything happens for a reason. I pray that u have the emotional, mental and physical strength to overcome everything. Insya'Allah your husband will understand and support your decision too. You have always been supportive to the sisters here and I doa that Allah hears ur prayers and gives the best for you.

Like others, I think you should try again too. Afterall, I think you have come very far and if you can have the opportunity for a last try, then why not give that last 'push' after you have rested and are ready.

:)

salam semue,
nak tanye sikit ni
ade sesiapa buat iui in kkh??
can enlighten me how much is it in kk?

I did iui in kkh.. I think the first round cost almost 3k. Like one of the sisters said, it depends how much medicine you will be given. The procedure was paid via medisave.. I paid some initial tests by cash, abt 100+.. Other than that mostly medisave. My. 2nd iui bill haven't receive

Last edited:
I did iui in kkg.. I think the first round cost abt 2k.. Almost 3k. Like one of the sisters said, it depends how much medicine you will be given. The procedure was paid via medisave.. I paid something initially.. I think for some tests abt 100+.. Other than that mostly medisave. My. 2nd iui bill haven't receive

I remembered my iui was $600 plus at NUH but all I'm given is Clomid and only one injectable. Is it cos yours includes some injections of sorts?

Kin-etic, dun throw in the towel yet. All not confirmed till BT tau. Have faith..

Btw tat day, i saw Dr Que. He told me abt 2 malay ladies going thro ivf & iui. Den tgh having 2ww, figured out the one with iui is u! Hes curious abt ur BT results. Jgn lupa to update him k! All the best!
Actually.. The towel has been thrown. :( I called kkh to chk if I shld go for BT cos I thought still need to chk.just to be sure. She said for iui, not needed if af came. If Ivf, yes BT still need to take. So ok la, I have accepted it.

Has anyone had failed iui before?? My Af was sooo heavy... Like I think I never had this heavy! Just wondering if its heavy due to all the medicines..

Hahah so sweet of him to be interested. I will see him soon.. Ur first time meeting him? Did u take the meds? I stopped halfway cos got sick of brewing and drinking it. Will start soon before I see him. In case he can tell I haven't been drinking. Haha

I remembered my iui was $600 plus at NUH but all I'm given is Clomid and only one injectable. Is it cos yours includes some injections of sorts?
I was not prescribed with clomid. I was given puregon (daily injection) and dosage increased a few times. Maybe I shld double check my bill, but for sure not as low as $600. Yours seems to be quite cheap.. Is clomid injected or swallowed?

I was not prescribed with clomid. I was given puregon (daily injection) and dosage increased a few times. Maybe I shld double check my bill, but for sure not as low as $600. Yours seems to be quite cheap.. Is clomid injected or swallowed?

Oh Clomid is a pill to make your eggs grow and pop :)

Actually.. The towel has been thrown. :( I called kkh to chk if I shld go for BT cos I thought still need to chk.just to be sure. She said for iui, not needed if af came. If Ivf, yes BT still need to take. So ok la, I have accepted it.

Has anyone had failed iui before?? My Af was sooo heavy... Like I think I never had this heavy! Just wondering if its heavy due to all the medicines..

Hahah so sweet of him to be interested. I will see him soon.. Ur first time meeting him? Did u take the meds? I stopped halfway cos got sick of brewing and drinking it. Will start soon before I see him. In case he can tell I haven't been drinking. Haha

Hi dear, sorry abt ur iui..rest well & move on when u r ready. Ive never tried iui so cant advise u on tat. But my first AF after failed ivf is also heavy & painful for me. Its all due to the meds. So wats ur plan after this?

Ive been seeing Dr Que since jan this yr. Dulu see him 2-3x a week but now i try to see him at least once a week. Susah nk find time to see him with my irregular shifts. U brew his herbs urself? For me, i suro the centre brew kan. Den i juz heat up the packet whenever i wanna drink it. Haha i think he can tell if u've nt been drinking! He can also tell if im nt sleeping enuf! When u wanna see him again?

hi fellow muslimahs, i am keen to find out more about the charges for ivf. And is there any pain involved especially for the women? any other information you can share on yr ivf experience and the ivf process? i want to be better knowledged in this area so that i can advise a fellow muslimah friend as money and pain is a concern to her. thanks alot.

Hi dear, sorry abt ur iui..rest well & move on when u r ready. Ive never tried iui so cant advise u on tat. But my first AF after failed ivf is also heavy & painful for me. Its all due to the meds. So wats ur plan after this?

Ive been seeing Dr Que since jan this yr. Dulu see him 2-3x a week but now i try to see him at least once a week. Susah nk find time to see him with my irregular shifts. U brew his herbs urself? For me, i suro the centre brew kan. Den i juz heat up the packet whenever i wanna drink it. Haha i think he can tell if u've nt been drinking! He can also tell if im nt sleeping enuf! When u wanna see him again?

Thanks babe.... I guess next step, is IVF. I have yet to decide which doc to see also..

Wah.. u see him 2-3 times a week???? Each time u take meds or just pay for consultation????

Yes, I brew myself. I have yet to try acupuncture, because at that time when I met him, it was a bit too late into the process for me to try acupuncture so he just gave the meds.

Maybe I go this weekend or something, insya'Allah. the prob is during weekdays it is a bit rushed for me to go. so i can only go weekends.

Anyone here is under IVF in KKH or TMC?

Is there a queue for IVF in KKH?

Which doc did you see in KKH? Any doc to recommend? I have seen Dr Sandhana name ard..anyone seeing her now?

Different doc is different charges or standard? How often do you see the Doc? How is the waiting time?

Is the govt grant/subsidy only for public hosp like KKH and NUH?

If anyone here is fm TMC, please share the charges (particularly Dr SF Loh) Thanks!

Anyone here is under IVF in KKH or TMC?

Is there a queue for IVF in KKH?

Which doc did you see in KKH? Any doc to recommend? I have seen Dr Sandhana name ard..anyone seeing her now?

Different doc is different charges or standard? How often do you see the Doc? How is the waiting time?

Is the govt grant/subsidy only for public hosp like KKH and NUH?

If anyone here is fm TMC, please share the charges (particularly Dr SF Loh) Thanks!

Which hospital are u at now currently? So far, when I was doing Ivf in 2011 and so are my other friends, we compared the Ivf procedures between NUH, SGH and KKH. All 3 different and most direct approach is NUH. Less meds too.

Even the timeframe is different. But ya, I was told by my friend who is doing it at kkh that they have a q no for Ivf. So prolly need to wait for your turn. I didn't have to wait at NUH though and there's no medicine to eat, only to inject. Sgh on the other hand, have so many meds to eat and inject at the same time, my poor friend can't take it.

Govt subsidy is for govt hospitals only that's listed. Like sgh, NUH, kkh so far. Another friend who did her Ivf at TMC had to fork out more than $10k for her ivf cycle. So this you have to be prepared if you wish to go for private hospitals.

Which hospital are u at now currently? So far, when I was doing Ivf in 2011 and so are my other friends, we compared the Ivf procedures between NUH, SGH and KKH. All 3 different and most direct approach is NUH. Less meds too.

Even the timeframe is different. But ya, I was told by my friend who is doing it at kkh that they have a q no for Ivf. So prolly need to wait for your turn. I didn't have to wait at NUH though and there's no medicine to eat, only to inject. Sgh on the other hand, have so many meds to eat and inject at the same time, my poor friend can't take it.

Govt subsidy is for govt hospitals only that's listed. Like sgh, NUH, kkh so far. Another friend who did her Ivf at TMC had to fork out more than $10k for her ivf cycle. So this you have to be prepared if you wish to go for private hospitals.

Thanks for the info. I am now under KKH, but under the main clinic D and my apptmt is the visiting, Dr Sheila Loh. she is now under Raffles hosp and visit KKH weekly. I am considering to meet a doc fm KKH, for regular visits.

NUH seems to be quite popular too, but it is too far away.. i am staying in the East side.. and if I am going for regular scanning every few days, I cannot imagine my traveling time/effort which will put a toll on me and my work. So I am more inclined to KKH or TMC if grant is useable there.

hi @kin-etic. Iam currently seeing dr sadhana. As she is he director of IVF in KKH, she can b very busy. Ok, actually i think that all the doctors in KKH are very busy! Tak tah nak kesiankan dorang atau kesian diri kita sendiri, having to wait a long time for appt. lol. Tapi I chose her because she operates on Saturday, more convenient for me. A lot of ladies here also are under Dr Tan Heng How, if you dun mind a male doc. He did my FET cos my own doctor wasnt ard. Seems nice and heard how concerned he can be for his patients. All the best babe.

hi fellow muslimahs, i am keen to find out more about the charges for ivf. And is there any pain involved especially for the women? any other information you can share on yr ivf experience and the ivf process? i want to be better knowledged in this area so that i can advise a fellow muslimah friend as money and pain is a concern to her. thanks alot.

Hi @Inxherxeyes . There are govt grants available of up to $7500 for IVF and you can also use your medisave to defray the costs. You can do a google search online on the MOH website to find out more.

If you are talking about pain of IVF, just be prepared for a lot of trans-vaginal scans, self-injections on the tummy and one on the buttock, and then the egg extaction itself where you'll be sedated. Some women experience abdominal cramps after the surgery which may last up to a week. So far, the most "pain" I felt was the emotional pain that I felt from being very anxious about the whole process. Haha. Im sure your friend is much much stronger than she thinks she is cos deciding to go through IVF itsef takes a lot of courage! All the best to your friend, and you are such a good friend too for supporting her in this journey=))

hi @kin-etic. Iam currently seeing dr sadhana. As she is he director of IVF in KKH, she can b very busy. Ok, actually i think that all the doctors in KKH are very busy! Tak tah nak kesiankan dorang atau kesian diri kita sendiri, having to wait a long time for appt. lol. Tapi I chose her because she operates on Saturday, more convenient for me. A lot of ladies here also are under Dr Tan Heng How, if you dun mind a male doc. He did my FET cos my own doctor wasnt ard. Seems nice and heard how concerned he can be for his patients. All the best babe.

ahhh.. thanks for the tip on Saturday apptmts.. i think that is very useful information. How often do you meet her and average waiting time?

Thanks for the info. I am now under KKH, but under the main clinic D and my apptmt is the visiting, Dr Sheila Loh. she is now under Raffles hosp and visit KKH weekly. I am considering to meet a doc fm KKH, for regular visits.

NUH seems to be quite popular too, but it is too far away.. i am staying in the East side.. and if I am going for regular scanning every few days, I cannot imagine my traveling time/effort which will put a toll on me and my work. So I am more inclined to KKH or TMC if grant is useable there.

Oh ya if u stay east then NUH too far for you cos appts at the CHR clinics are normally in the morning. So it will be too rushing for you.

All the best for your Ivf journey! :)

Hi @Inxherxeyes . There are govt grants available of up to $7500 for IVF and you can also use your medisave to defray the costs. You can do a google search online on the MOH website to find out more.

If you are talking about pain of IVF, just be prepared for a lot of trans-vaginal scans, self-injections on the tummy and one on the buttock, and then the egg extaction itself where you'll be sedated. Some women experience abdominal cramps after the surgery which may last up to a week. So far, the most "pain" I felt was the emotional pain that I felt from being very anxious about the whole process. Haha. Im sure your friend is much much stronger than she thinks she is cos deciding to go through IVF itsef takes a lot of courage! All the best to your friend, and you are such a good friend too for supporting her in this journey=))

@Inxherxeyes i think @mnadz01 is right.. though i have not gone through IVF, i think the trans-vaginal scan and self injections are similar for my IUI procedure. if your friend has not met a doc, depending on results, age etc, doc may recommend IUI first, which is a simpler procedure than IVF. Though it has lower success rate, I have heard couples who got pregnant thru IUI. I know of some ladies who are afraid of the self-injections, but I think that is manageable after you get the hang of it :)

Hi ladies.

I just did my egg pick up this morning. They picked up 22!!! Aiyoh...now they're suspecting I'm having slight OHSS, will do à blpod test in 2 days' time to determine if we can proceed with embryo transfer.

I'm advised to drink 2l of water daily to flush out the medication out of my body to prevent further swelling of my ovaries. Sigh...any petua/advice from anyone?

Back