IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

My chinese friend wife juz gv birth to twins at Sgh..went for Ivf with Sgh.Was told by him..all in all bt $12k..but hv tk fork out bt $7k first but end of it refunded..but cash he paid was $2k..

Ya, kkh slightly cheaper la, my total bill was 2.9k from medisave after using the govt grant. But your frens getting twins, how i wish for it too!

Just to chk w u ladies.. If the doc said try for 2 rounds of iui before ivf. After first failed iui, do u see de doc first or just schedule another iui with ivf clinic?

Salam sisters,

I'm new here but have been reading the thread since last month baru sekarang tergerak nak post. Heh.

A not-so-brief background for me. hehehe
Both me and husband turn 31 this year. Been married since 2011. So we've been trying to conceive for close to 3 years.
tried conceiving naturally for 18months before throwing in the towel and realize that we need help.

We first tried going to a private gynae, Dr Adrian Woodworth at Thomson Women Clinic (CCK). Dr Adrian prescribed me Clomid for the next cycle and although i ovulated that month with great-looking follicles, i wasn’t pregnant. I stopped seeing Dr Adrian because i couldn’t foster a relationship with him. There was no chemistry. He was too hasty in his consultation and that wasn’t what i’m looking for in my Gynae.

Upon a friend's recommendations, i went to see Dr Tham at Thomson Women Clinic (Bt Gombak).
He did a scan in his clinic and he was the one who discovered something suspicious at my tubes area. He suspected my tubes could be blocked. However, because his Ultrasound machine is very basic, he referred me to the Women’s Clinic at NUH to do a detailed vaginal scan. I went back to Dr Tham’s Clinic right after the Scan at NUH and that was when he told me i have bilateral blocked tubes, where both tubes were blocked. However, to check on the severity of the blockage, i would have to go through HSG. He suggested going to the polyclinic and get referral to KKH or NUH to do a detailed scan. So that's what i did.

I'm currently going the subsidized route under NUH IVF Centre because i work from home and have the time to wait for consultation.
Was referred to Clinic G and when they saw all my blood tests and pap smear tests, they requested that i go in for HSG. I did the HSG and found out both my tubes are blocked. The one on the right severely blocked. Not only blocked, i also have hydrosalpinx where my tubes are filled with this toxic fluids that leaks to the uterus and will kill all the embryos. Needless to say, both my tubes are no good for me. Doing more harm than helping me to conceive.

So we decided on removing both tubes altogether and proceed to IVF. Super hard decision to make but i dah redha.
Having no tubes does not make me feel lesser than a woman though! Heh.

My menses just came last week. Will be starting on my Noresthisterone this 24th March and my next appt is on 11 April where i'll start my stimulations Insha Allah.
I'm intrigued to know what's in store for us and would love to know if there are any one who'll be my cycle buddy!

I also blog about my TTC experience here
Most of the TTC post are locked with a password. but the password is dyanttc if you'll like to find out more about what i went thru.

I hope i can get as much information from all the sisters here who have done their IVF previously :)

Salam Sistas..

Alhamdulillah so many sistas joining us here...I hv lost track a bit..

Cahaya suci & Kinetic how is ur progress...

Mnadz..So sorry to hear on your current situation..Try to search for more information on your condition and see whether wat the dr is recommended...U can try consider TCM and see whether it will help..Not sure though..Do update us more k...

Aryn ..Elo..How is ur 2ww..Hope good news ahead..;-)

LadyHawk..Welcome...Process of IVF Have abt 4 stages...If u r under a long cycle..then it takes about 6-8 weeks..
Stage 1: .Inducing of menses using ocp for 21 days..then menses will report..
Stage 2: Suppression using Lucrin
Stage 3: Injection of Puregon & Lucrin to stimulate ur eggs to grow
Stage 4: ER & ET

For the time being prep ur body..Eat healthily..Brisk walk..Relax often...Dun stress so much..All the best dear...

Deardyan...Elo Sis...Hmm ur journey is indeed very tough Sis...I wish u all the best dear in your journey..Insya-allah all will be fine...;-)

As-salam all..

Hi @bubbli26 thanks for asking.. My AF came before My BT. :( definitely disappointing.
Waiting for my next doc apptmt to chk if doc advs iui or ivf. She did mention to try 2 rounds of iui but clinic said she put 1 on record. So I guess apptmt first. I was hoping to have a baby by this year but at this rate, I think I shld stop planning and just go w de flow. How bout u? Are u waiting for ur next cycle?

Hi dyan.. I agree that with no tubes doesn't make a woman any lesser than a normal woman.

Just finished my 1st iui which unfortunately didn't work out.
my apptmt is next week and not sure if my next journey is heading towardsbiui again or ivf. All the best for ur ivf journey..

Hi deardyan, welcome to the thread! We are in the same boat. Me too both tubes blocked with hydrosaphinx. Supposed to remove both tubes but gynae went to clip instead. Yes, removing tubes is the most difficult and painful decision to make. I also did lotsa of thinking before deciding on it. No tubes means thats the end of natural conception and what makes it worse is that we are still considered quite young kan (am 32)? But i pun redha. Just that pple like us have to work extra hard to have bb kan? But what caused your tubes to be blocked? I have failed 2 fresh. The journey ahead is not easy, mind u. Bukan nak discourage, but u really have to be very strong mentally & emotionally coz me myself did crumble a few times..but hey, this is where this forum comes in, for us to encourage one another..just remember that we are all STRONG ladies here!! All the best!

Hi kinetic, sorry to hear abt ur IUI. Keep trying k. Dun give up.

Assalamualaikum ladies...

@deardyan & @syrian , Both of you're strong person. MasyaAllah. My prayers to both of you, just remember that things happen for a reason, there's always hikmahs behind all these tests. InsyaAllah.

@kin-etic , sorry to hear that sis. Don't give up. Allah knows Best,sis. Hugsss!

@bubbli26 , thanks for asking dear. Retrieval was on 3rd March, I was down with asthma right after the ER. But it got better after they gave me nebulizer twice. Syukur tak hospitalized. Out of 33 follicles, only 21 eggs was retrieved. And out of 21 eggs, only 6 embies made it for frozen. All are only satisfactory grad. Still Alhamdulillah... compared to my 1st IVF, no frozen embies at all. Syukur, No symptoms of OHSS as well.

Now my worries are just how many embryos shall survive after thawing? How many % of survival? haha.. I guess I think too much... must tell myself to Keep Calm and Tawakkal!... :oops:

In the mean time, trying to prep my body as much as I can before ET using all kinds of method from Reflexology to Bekam to Acupuncture. No herbs tho just madu, propolis, Vit C & Detox KH coffee.

For those who're cycling at these moment, I wish u all the best and good luck! Semoga suatu hari akan terkabul doa² kita untuk menjadi seorang ibu. InsyaAllah. Ameen.

Salam Sistas...

Kinetic..Sorry to hear..but as u said just follow the flow....Just continue your journey...Rest ur body then embark again...Less stress = More relax and more chances of conceiving sometimes..Miracles do happen...

Cahayasuci..Oh dear...hopefully u r getting better now...Hmm sorry i thot asthma cannot tak madu kan...Not sure how true..but that's wat I heard from a sista I know who has asthma...I think u just check je to make sure k..

Wow 6 beautiful embbies...Insya-allah they will survive thawing...They will thaw 2 first is it? When will u be doing FET dear? Dun worry so much...Just go with the flow...I masa buat FET..I dunno why I have these crazy ideas..I talk and doa for embbies to survive thawing..Yes I must be crazy..But entah la it just gave me some sense of assurance it will be k...

Insya-allah doa kita semua akan terkabul..Amin Amin...;-)

@bubbli26 I've been taking honey & propolis/bee pollen for almost a year now. It doesn't trigger the asthma at all until I started the IVF stimulations.. So I guess its the med/drugs triggers my asthma. Actually I've been having hands numbness before, it's always happen while I'm asleep or when I'm holding on to phone/things too long. After religiously consuming madu asli, the numbness almost gone now. Alhamdulillah. I guess my darah sejuk, taking madu definitely help to heat up my body lil bit.

bubbli so cute of u, talk & doa for embbies to survive thawing...:DPerhaps I can try it too. I don't know what's FET procedure. Will they thaw all of it and shall select only the best survived embryos for transfer? Or will they just take two of them and thaw? oh my! I didn't ask them as well! :confused: Hubby and me decided to put two embies again... times is running out, maybe by inserting two.. chances will be higher. Hopefully either one of it make it to the next 9 months? who knows? Allahumma Ameen.

Last edited:
Salam sisters,
Just to update. I am at 11dp2dt and i checked on the pee stick. Unfortunately negative. I knoe it may be too early to test tapi in my previous 2 cycles i had been able to test positive by the tenth day already and by this time usually dah banyak symptoms (peeing alot, frequent night sweats, cramps n implantation bleeding). I will still proceed to kkh on monday to do blood test just to confirm and also to ask how many embies made it to freezer. This time round im not so hopeful because out of 20 eggs retrieved, only 6 were mature and there were only 3 that fertilized in which they were also not multiplying at a good rate. Takpelah belum ada rezeki lagi n i dun think ill be seeking fertility treatments for the time being :(

@cahyasuci during FET cycle, doctor will initially ask you how many embies you want to transfer. Kalau for example you want to transfer 2, they will thaw 2 first. Kalau out of this 2, maybe one tak survive the thawing process, they will thaw another and so on, until they have managed to thaw 2 embies successfully for transfer. Kalau in the end only 1 embie yg suitable for transfer then they will only transfer that one despite your initial plan to transfer 2. That time i FET i tanya banyak soalan. Hehe.

To the rest of the sisters here, i wish you all the best in your cycles. We are all fighters! Gambate!

Salam sisters,
Just to update. I am at 11dp2dt and i checked on the pee stick. Unfortunately negative. I knoe it may be too early to test tapi in my previous 2 cycles i had been able to test positive by the tenth day already and by this time usually dah banyak symptoms (peeing alot, frequent night sweats, cramps n implantation bleeding). I will still proceed to kkh on monday to do blood test just to confirm and also to ask how many embies made it to freezer. This time round im not so hopeful because out of 20 eggs retrieved, only 6 were mature and there were only 3 that fertilized in which they were also not multiplying at a good rate. Takpelah belum ada rezeki lagi n i dun think ill be seeking fertility treatments for the time being

@cahyasuci during FET cycle, doctor will initially ask you how many embies you want to transfer. Kalau for example you want to transfer 2, they will thaw 2 first. Kalau out of this 2, maybe one tak survive the thawing process, they will thaw another and so on, until they have managed to thaw 2 embies successfully for transfer. Kalau in the end only 1 embie yg suitable for transfer then they will only transfer that one despite your initial plan to transfer 2. That time i FET i tanya banyak soalan. Hehe.

Waalaikumsalam @mnadz01 , as long AF haven't report to you yet.. there's always a chance sis. Be positive! Some other BFP's forummers pun have no symptoms. My dua for u sis! Thanks for the info on the thawing process! I can't wait for AF to start this month! Will be on Mercilon from 1st day of menses till next 21days. Yes! Jiayou to all!

Anyone here with Pcos and wats the treatment 4 it?
I'm with PCOS sis. The only treatment they gave it to me was only medication (Metformin). Metformin can regulate the menses and stabilize hormones to some but it does not work for me. Took it for almost a year. Decided to quit cos I can't stand the side effects. Other than that, Dr will just advise to lose weight (if plus size) by exercising and change our diet style. :)

Waalaikumsalam @mnadz01 , as long AF haven't report to you yet.. there's always a chance sis. Be positive! Some other BFP's forummers pun have no symptoms. My dua for u sis! Thanks for the info on the thawing process! I can't wait for AF to start this month! Will be on Mercilon from 1st day of menses till next 21days. Yes! Jiayou to all!. :)

@cahyasuci, im finishing my mercilon, today gone for the jab on 14th day. den wait for mensus come den go blood test. den start on progynova. den go scan check lining... den decide fm there. wat a long cycle.

@cahyasuci thank you sis on the encouragement. I decided to wait it out too and not make any conclusions yet until the bloodtest results. Good luck for your FET.

Also, you and @LadyHawkEye mentioned that you were given metformin for pcos. May i knoe the reason why your doctor prescribed that? I asked the doctor to let me try metformin but 2 doctors said i dont need it for my pcos. They told me that they will only give me medication (clomid or letrozole) to help me ovulate and regulate my menstrual cycle. Just wondering what this metformin does to help pcos? Thanks...

mnadz01.. hi sis..i was diagnosed with Pcos but doctor Suzanna never gv me any medication yet.Tis 14/4 then i will b seeing ivf doc Matthew as i decided 2 go thru Ivf.

Salaam sis..wats the side effect of metformin?

Waalaikumsalam sis @LadyHawkEye . Side effects that I have were dizziness, nausea and racing heartbeats. When they increase dosages (since low dos no respons), the effects worsens. I stop taking it cos of the side effects and perhaps I'm just getting tired of taking drugs on daily basis.. haha although they said its the only medication for PCOS. But not all encounter the side effects. Mild PCOS, does not really have side effects. Maybe different body reacts differently on certain drugs.

@cahyasuci thank you sis on the encouragement. I decided to wait it out too and not make any conclusions yet until the bloodtest results. Good luck for your FET.

Also, you and @LadyHawkEye mentioned that you were given metformin for pcos. May i knoe the reason why your doctor prescribed that? I asked the doctor to let me try metformin but 2 doctors said i don't need it for my pcos. They told me that they will only give me medication (clomid or letrozole) to help me ovulate and regulate my menstrual cycle. Just wondering what this metformin does to help pcos? Thanks...

@mnadz01 , Thank You sis!

Majority ladies with PCOS are plus size. Usually, even by exercising most of them fail to lose weight due to too much insulins in the body. As we all know, excess insulin may increase production of male hormones. Therefore, most PCOS ladies have problems with ovulation, acnes, excessive hair growth & weight gains. Researchers believe that Metformin which is also a diabetes medicine can help to reduce insulin levels in the body, lose weight and indirectly balances the hormones and regulate the menses.

I was given clomid too but together with Metformin as well :)

mnadz01, maybe yours is only mild PCOS. that's why no need Met tak?

Last edited:
@cahyasuci, im finishing my mercilon, today gone for the jab on 14th day. den wait for mensus come den go blood test. den start on progynova. den go scan check lining... den decide fm there. wat a long cycle.

yeah, I agree with u @babydusty .. quite a long process for medicated FET. According to the medication chart from NUH, I'll still need to be on Mercilon from 1st day AF till d 21th day, stop mercilon and expect AF again. After menses then I will be on Progynova 2mg/4mg/6mg. Then come to NUH for scan. wahhh.. so complicated... :confused:

Assalammualaikum..nk tanya.if i decide to go for Ivf.tis 14/4 my 1st appt dgn ivf doc matthew..wat r the procedures or treatments dat i hv 2 go thru?how long then will i start my ivf?

@cahyasuci thanks for the insight on metformin. I tak sure what's the condition of my pcos. Just that the doctor said that kalau I had ovulated with clomid and letrozole, means my pcos can be 'controlled'. Not really sure what that means. I understand that pcos ppl have difficulty breaking down insulin so I just make it an effort to cut down all my sweet stuff. So difficult esp when I have a serious sweet tooth addiction. Lol.

@LadyHawkEye oh so you baru nak start the ivf process, yes? Well it depends if you have done all the necessary tests (HSG, sperm analysis, blood work etc). If you have already done all that, then dr lau will suggest you do either long or short protocol for your first fresh ivf cycle. You will then be directed to the KKIVF centre where the nurses will tell you which months are there slots available for you and other mandatory processes like going for HIV testing for both husband and wife and must also attend the ivf counseling session for both husband and wife too. Dun worry about asking the nurses 'silly' qns., anxiety is normal. Just take each step, one at a time so you dun feel too overwhelmed. All the best to you too...

mnadz01..wat is the long or short cycle like?i hv already did the necessary tests..juz waiting 4 hubby sperm test result n my blood test je.thks

Salam @LadyHawkEye and @cahyasuci...sorry been MIA from the forum for some time. I have just resumed work on Monday :confused:

As for short cycle, you need to call KKH on the 1st day of menses. 2nd day of menses must go to KKH where they will do a baseline scan, teach you to use the puregon pen for self injection and collect medications plus other paperwork. Then they will arrange for you to come down to KKH every few days for a scan to see how your follicles are growing with the stimulation meds. There is another injection (Ganirelix) that you will have to administer on Day 5 of the Puregon until your follicles are of optimum size, which by KKH standard is above 16mm (correct or not eh?lol). Then, there is one last trigger injection to be done 36hours before the embryo retrieval. This one you must go to 24h O&G for the nurses to inject for you. Followed by ER and then ET and the TWW.

As for long cycle, I tak berapa tahu sangat. Tapi I know that there is an initial suppression stage where you will have to take oral medication first for 21 days before continuing with another injection and then followed by the process as i explained in the above. Any sisters care to share the procedure for long cycle? I dengar orang pergi long cycle, i give them my utmost respect for being able to go through such a very long and emotionally winding process.

Lastly, I BFN in my cycle. My menses came with such vengeance before the BT day and I knew it was over. I dun feel sad for the BFN but i feel sad for having to go back to work soon after. LOL. I think hormone meds are making my emotions go really crazy. I'll be meeting Dr S next week to discuss further actions. Ada siapa-siapa yg go for another fresh cycle as soon as 2 months after failed cycle tak?

Salam @LadyHawkEye and @cahyasuci

Lastly, I BFN in my cycle. My menses came with such vengeance before the BT day and I knew it was over. I dun feel sad for the BFN but i feel sad for having to go back to work soon after. LOL. I think hormone meds are making my emotions go really crazy. I'll be meeting Dr S next week to discuss further actions. Ada siapa-siapa yg go for another fresh cycle as soon as 2 months after failed cycle tak?

W'salam mnadz01. Sorry to hear that sis. Hugss... yah going back to work after a long leave is always the hardest part. But somehow it gets yrself distracted abit la..

I'm not sure if there's any sister here going for fresh ivf 2mths after a failed cycle. But I did asked Prof Wong @ NUH last time after my failed cycle, he suggested me to wait for atleast 3mths before embarking to the next fresh ivf. Perhaps yr appt next week, u can ask Dr S how soon u can start next cycle. In the mean time, try build up yr body again with supplements and maybe acupuncture, urut or reflexology :)

Salam all,

I've finally started on my IVF STimulation today. It's my 1st jab today and luckily it was quite painless.

I'm on Gonal-F. Dosage is 150iu
Anyone else one the same cycle as me? :)

Assalamualaikum all,
Just to update that my 2ww was shortlived when my menses came early. I thought of taking a break and decided to restart my cycling and running but during review Dr advise to continue this month with endo scratching and then FET.But my menses never turn up and was very surprised to find that im pregnant naturally and is now under monitoring. To all the ladies, never give up hope. My last antral follicle count was only 4 so i didnt think it was possible, so its fated, Alhamdullilah.

Salam sisters semua, Im janna and im new here. Ive been trying to conceived naturally and even with e help of our famous dr jazlan in raffles for a year with no sucess. I da buat appointment with kkh ivf centre this 25 april as a private patient. can someone enlighten me on the process and how about in all?? please. Ur help is greatly appreciated.

@deardyan
hi hi!!1 i used to have PCOS at the early stage of my wedding. which is 4 yrs ago , but since im with dr jazlan, im PCOS FREE. lol!! but its best to check again on my 1st checkup with kkh. but my main problem now is weight gain!!! argh!!!!

@jannah jann - i think i might know you from FB. I'm not really sure if you're the same person i have in mind.
Just a quick question, did you just come back from a trip? Heh

@jannah jann - heehee i knew it was you! Lol
U're no longer seeing Dr Jazlan? But good lah.. just ask for 2nd opinion and KKH Ivf wouldn't cost you a bomb as compared to Raffles :)

Thanks @cahyasuci . Im currently taking small steps in starting exercise. Hope you are doing well too. Updare us your progress ya.

Hello @jannah jann. I believe you fixed an appt at kkh yourself without any referrals? And if you are able to get hold of your medical reports from dr jazlan? If you dun have any of those, i believe kkh will order the necessary tests again. Anyway i have heard of this renowned dr jazlan and how he can manage infertility cases. He managed to clear your pcos? Wow! What did he advise you?

@aryn037 alhamdulilah and good to hear miracles..gave me hope. Take care ya :))

@deardyan all the best in your cycle! Exciting times ahead.

@mnadz01 i don't have any pros when I'm with him. my pros cleared " MIRICALLY by themselves…." and yes i have all my records from him. i called directly. I'm still in touch with raffles hospital with all my procedure and whatever is happening with my checkup….

@deardyan I'm still in contact with him. cause he still wanna know what am i doing and what are my next steps… kalau ade rezeki i at kkhh, i will go back to him for all e rest of e checkup.

Salaam Every1..juz went 2 see Dr Suzanna today @Kkh.Was told that i m not ovulating..but my hubby sperm is good.She prescribe me 3 types of meds..duphaston to induce my menses,clomid 4,metformin for my pcos n folic acid vitamins..Any advice 4 me or anyone sharing same fate as me?Thks

salam @LadyHawkEye , i used to have PCOS in 2012-2013. I was diagnosed by dr aziz with PCOS and was presicibed all e meds that u mention. But when i change gynea, they did a scan and find out that IM PCOS FREE in 2013. The side effects of Metformin is bad... mabok, rasa nak muntah etc etc..

hi to all girls! i don't know whether you have seen this picture below but my MIL/friend's mum bought for me bila mereka pergi umrah. put th powder and honey in warm water, twice a day at least. if not pun, once a day (i cheat!) niat sebelum minum and then makan dua biji kurma. somehow, eating this plus acupuncture aids my FET. boleh google for more info! based on my mil, th seller told her to drink this for 3months and then baru boleh nampak kesan.
ImageUploadedByForum1397550903.879861.jpg

hi to all girls! i don't know whether you have seen this picture below but my MIL/friend's mum bought for me bila mereka pergi umrah. put th powder and honey in warm water, twice a day at least. if not pun, once a day (i cheat!) niat sebelum minum and then makan dua biji kurma. somehow, eating this plus acupuncture aids my FET. boleh google for more info! based on my mil, th seller told her to drink this for 3months and then baru boleh nampak kesan.View attachment 261345

hi hayleyscott. i remember u when im doing natural fet, ur lining was thin also, so u did transfer after that? Whats ur lining when you did the transfer?

Congrats how many weeks are you now?

Ape tu eh, tak pernah nampak. What is it actually? Singapore mesti takde jual.

hi hayleyscott. i remember u when im doing natural fet, ur lining was thin also, so u did transfer after that? Whats ur lining when you did the transfer?

Congrats how many weeks are you now?

Ape tu eh, tak pernah nampak. What is it actually? Singapore mesti takde jual.

Hello babydusty. I did eventually transfer. I religiously makan red bean soup and go for almost daily acupuncture. My lining was 8.4 triple when they scanned few days before ET.

Thank you! Baru 7 weeks but alhamdulillah. Dah 4 years ttc.

Tu serbuk kurma. They bought for me while they were in mecca. Anyway, i got one for you to try if you want. Must mix with pure honey okay! Mana tau it works for you as well.

that was a great lining!

alhamdullilah, rezeki u tahun ni.

but u cakap kene consume 3 mths before kan, im doing medicated cycle and now at the last stage liao. So i guess too late. Nanti next 14 days baru i go scanning to see how my lining. Thanks babe for the offer but i think its too late for me to start now. Pls doakan me in this medicated fet. But im taking madu everyday before sleep though.

Salam ladies :)

Congrats to aryn037! Grabbing yr baby dust!! May you have a smooth pregnancy ahead sis.

jannah jann, wow! Alhamdulillah you've cleared from PCOS. Perhaps it was just a mild PCOS. Try consider Clomid treatment 1st bef you go for IVF or IUI. Since you got no PCOS, your success rate will be higher. Jiayou!

deardyan, how's the scans? U still on 150iu Gonal F? During my stim period, I started at 112.5 then dropped to 37.5 Gonal F with additional Pergoveries. Good luck sis! May your follicles nicely grow and produce good good embbies! Ameen..

mnadz01, Thanks sis. I'm good but at times headaches strikes.. maybe due to Mercilon pills. I am on Day4 menses. Waiting patiently for Day14 for Decapeptyl jab @ NUH. ET most probably in May end.

Back