Support group - Miscarriages

Hi Princessleopard,
I was given 3 day mc after D&C...and i had mini confinment for a week plus..
Maybe due to my busy schedule on sending the kids for their classes...i encounter tummy ache...lucky i went for a session of post natal massage plus jamu wrap..

Now i wondering if my 1st AF flow will be very heavy or not as i did not bleed much after my D&C.

Hi Meow, she does house visits. Remember to let her know your situation. Anyway she'll ask you one lah. You might need a few sessions of massage before your menses will come out. She told me its important to refrain from sex until at least we have 1 cycle of menses back.

I want to ask you ladies how long does it take to recuperate back? I have rested for almost 2 weeks but still feel tired easily. I also get headaches easily. Energy level is just not like usual.
Hi Meow,

I also suffer from frequent headache after my D&C

Any idea how to get our health back in shape? Wanted to try TCM but my hubby is not supportive of it. As the medication is customised individually, he says we don't know what is in the medicated powder.

sunshinebb_82,
Asked doc liao, he said it will takes from a few weeks to 6 months for the 1st menses to come. So far i have waited for 2.5 months....

babydusty,
At least you can start with IVF treatment soon. Some progress is better than no progress.

shaur,
Even protected sex is not allow? Hmmmm... :eek:

Any idea how to get our health back in shape? Wanted to try TCM but my hubby is not supportive of it. As the medication is customised individually, he says we don't know what is in the medicated powder.

shaur
just to share..i tried TCM with the powder medicine b4 and i personally think not that effective. And i in fact felt not well after taking it, like a general feeling of being unwell, tiny bit ringing in ears and my period was kinda late after taking it for that particular month. I don't know if it attributed to it not but..your husband is right also, we do not know the contents in the power as it is mixed by the TCM clinic. But on the other hand (not with the TCM powder treatment time), i also tried boiling my own bazhen soup (8 treasures soup) after every period and this helps to build up/strengthen the womb. You might want to try this instead. I see from your nick i presume you're indian? Have you tried chinese herbal soup before? Cos some might find the taste overpowering..and this soup is kinda bitter sweet i think for my taste, so i usually add an egg or some DOM in it after. DOM liquer is a good herbal drink. Can give you the recipe if you're keen. The herbs can be bought from any chinese medical shop think around $5/6/7? (i personally don't recommend the Eu yan sang brand- as the taste is very different from what i am used to--but it's up to you though) hope this helps :)

babydusty
Good luck in your new IVF cycle!

Sisters trying again after the loss..
We are chatting on the other thread here ..do join us
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/2013-ttc-after-loss-support-group.2740/

Hi Chrisl, thanks for your reply. I am actually Chinese :) After my mc, i have been drinking those chinese herbal soups. I also started on DOM very recently. It's just that I am not sure if I'm doing enough for my body; i still feel weak. That's why I thought of TCM to tune my body back to health. My BFF recommended me to see Dr He Qiu Ling from Eu Yan Seng TCM Clinic (near Chinatown). She told me 2 of our friends who suffered mc was treated by her & shortly became pregnant again.

Meow, I think protected sex can lah. Reason she told me is because it is better to ensure the womb & cycle back to normal health before conceiving.

Last edited:
Hi Chrisl, thanks for your reply. I am actually Chinese :) After my mc, i have been drinking those chinese herbal soups. I also started on DOM very recently. It's just that I am not sure if I'm doing enough for my body; i still feel weak. That's why I thought of TCM to tune my body back to health. My BFF recommended me to see Dr He Qiu Ling from Eu Yan Seng TCM Clinic (near Chinatown). She told me 2 of our friends who suffered mc was treated by her & shortly became pregnant again.

Meow, I think protected sex can lah. Reason she told me is because it is better to ensure the womb & cycle back to normal health before conceiving.

lol Shaur

moral of the story -- don't presume hehehe..hmm i see, You might also want to try raspberry tea on some days as well, it is good for the womb too. I also take multivits and fishoils to build my body up, also stay away from cold and raw food better. On TCM you'll just hv to see and choose what you think best suits you :)

icybaby,

I think it probably depends on individual. For me, I had normal flow after D&C cos I bleed a lot due to infection thereafter. For natural mc, I had heavier flow as I did not bleed much that time. Not sure if its connected.

Hi chrisl,

How are you lately?

icybaby,

I think it probably depends on individual. For me, I had normal flow after D&C cos I bleed a lot due to infection thereafter. For natural mc, I had heavier flow as I did not bleed much that time. Not sure if its connected.

Hi chrisl,

How are you lately?

Hi PrincessL!

I was feeling not too good some weeks prior but now fine lah thanks :) cos i failed my 3rd fresh ivf .. but what to do, life must go on..so i tell myself and hb whatever will be will be lah..just enjoy couplehood for now lor..even with bb next time will be us growing old together. We'll be making a trip to the doctor here and hopefully can do a full body check on me if they allow that, else, our plan is to then go back SG for another fresh round of ivf..that will be my 4th..

you? Hv you managed to go to the recurrent mc clinic and follow up yet?

Hi PrincessL!

I was feeling not too good some weeks prior but now fine lah thanks :) cos i failed my 3rd fresh ivf .. but what to do, life must go on..so i tell myself and hb whatever will be will be lah..just enjoy couplehood for now lor..even with bb next time will be us growing old together. We'll be making a trip to the doctor here and hopefully can do a full body check on me if they allow that, else, our plan is to then go back SG for another fresh round of ivf..that will be my 4th..

you? Hv you managed to go to the recurrent mc clinic and follow up yet?

Hi Chrisl,

I see. Glad to hear you are feeling better now. Ya, that is life, we just have to embrace it and move on. God definitely has plans for us. Dun give up!

I did not go to the recurrent mc clinic, as they rejected me for 2nd mc. They insisted only 3rd mc then can go in. I am taking it easy for now, actually dh also doesn't want me to go there, he tot to treat it as bad luck. He does not want me to stress thinking there is something wrong with me. Probably will start ttc again in Oct. I had finally made a decision to quit my job, am serving notice now then rest for a while, get away from the stress from work and change of environment. Hope for a better 2014!!

A little positive thought for everyone. Jiayou!

The things that come most quickly into your life are the things that you BELIEVE in the most. You can only bring to you what you BELIEVE, so you must BELIEVE to receive what you want.

May the joy be with you,

Rhonda Byrne
The Secret... bringing joy to billions

hi everyone, just to share my experience and my loss. I lost my child when I was in 11th week and I ws very devasted and despair as I I tried and planned for this baby. I had 2 older kids age 4 and 2 years old. although u may think I have 2 children already but still a loss of your precious child no matter how many its still painful. doc say its due to genetic defect and im only 35 yrs old but say it due to age prob. for the first 1-2 mths, im very stressed at work, and my hubby is always on biz trip thus I was very much left to take care of my 2 older kids. I was physically very exhausted and tired and I also din really take care of myself. I worked long hrs and when I come back home I look after my kids. I din rest enuf.

on the day when my husband returned back from his biz trip after he was away for 8th weeks, literally he din even been with me for the first 2 mths, I start to bleed and I went to TMC and the doc told me that the baby wasn't growing since 8th week. the bb has silently died but I din experience anything at all for the last 3 weeks until the day my husband returned home. I was very sad and till now im still grieving as I really hope and wanted this bb and the house already decorated to receive the bb.

I at D&C few days later and resting at home. but I still cried and grieved a lot. I now decide prob end of the yr to leave my full time job, firstly to send more tme with my 2 kids, secondly to take a slower pace of life, to reduce stress and also time to build my health.

but I still cant get over my loss and I still cried a lot. does anyone have similar experience and how do u cope with the loss?
please share.

hi everyone, just to share my experience and my loss. I lost my child when I was in 11th week and I ws very devasted and despair as I I tried and planned for this baby. I had 2 older kids age 4 and 2 years old. although u may think I have 2 children already but still a loss of your precious child no matter how many its still painful. doc say its due to genetic defect and im only 35 yrs old but say it due to age prob. for the first 1-2 mths, im very stressed at work, and my hubby is always on biz trip thus I was very much left to take care of my 2 older kids. I was physically very exhausted and tired and I also din really take care of myself. I worked long hrs and when I come back home I look after my kids. I din rest enuf.

on the day when my husband returned back from his biz trip after he was away for 8th weeks, literally he din even been with me for the first 2 mths, I start to bleed and I went to TMC and the doc told me that the baby wasn't growing since 8th week. the bb has silently died but I din experience anything at all for the last 3 weeks until the day my husband returned home. I was very sad and till now im still grieving as I really hope and wanted this bb and the house already decorated to receive the bb.

I at D&C few days later and resting at home. but I still cried and grieved a lot. I now decide prob end of the yr to leave my full time job, firstly to send more tme with my 2 kids, secondly to take a slower pace of life, to reduce stress and also time to build my health.

but I still cant get over my loss and I still cried a lot. does anyone have similar experience and how do u cope with the loss?
please share.
You are not alone.
I think i encounter something similar like yours.Though mine was not a planned pregnancy...and plus i also hv 2 older kids at 10 and 7...Hb nt in Singapore..and i hv no choice but to go for my D&C alone and do my mini confinement at home.Its really nt easy...I am still trying to get over it..

icybaby,

Hi chrisl,

How are you lately?
Thanks...maybe i will just get those super heavy flow pad to stayby 1st

please share.

Mayonise, very sorry to hear of your loss. How you are feeling currently is normal. After going through something so traumatic & devastating, we all need time to grieve & have closure. I had my D&C exactly 2 weeks ago and i still get emotional & cry sometimes. But it gets better with time. Last week i would cry every time i lie on my bed to try to sleep. Please give yourself time to heal emotionally. It is a dark valley which we will all eventually get through.

Also i don't think you are too old. I am hitting 40 years old end of this year. I struggle whenever i think of ttc again. Very conflicting thoughts; one day i will decide not to try again & another day i will think to give myself another chance again. Sigh ...

Hi Chrisl,

I see. Glad to hear you are feeling better now. Ya, that is life, we just have to embrace it and move on. God definitely has plans for us. Dun give up!

I did not go to the recurrent mc clinic, as they rejected me for 2nd mc. They insisted only 3rd mc then can go in. I am taking it easy for now, actually dh also doesn't want me to go there, he tot to treat it as bad luck. He does not want me to stress thinking there is something wrong with me. Probably will start ttc again in Oct. I had finally made a decision to quit my job, am serving notice now then rest for a while, get away from the stress from work and change of environment. Hope for a better 2014!!

What a reason they gave?! Gosh i feel so angry for you. I feel everyone who have mc b4 should hv an option to check. Hmm..you might want to try some basic blood work from a pte doc? I went to one female clinic in hougang and the doc tested basic MC profiling for me. You might want to try though..well it cost a bit but hmm your choice..Or maybe you want to take your hb's opinion..but all in all good lah a change of lifestyle from working to a much relaxing one at home. At least there's no office politics and boss's expectations to add to your stress. PH coming..might be good to get a short trip with your hb :)

please share.

Mine was also stopped at 11.5weeks and natural mc, sac was think stopped growing at 8-9weeks as it was roughly that size. *HUGs* for you gal..mine happened early last year but now still i find that difficult to come to terms totally. The hurt will never go away. It just only gets faded as time passes. My advice is take the time to spend with your 2 other children. (i know i sound a bit blunt..sorry about that...but at least you still hv your 2 children to hug and love..for me and some others ladies, we don't have any children at all and we even hv to go thru ivf to realise our dreams of becoming a mother) while yes on the other hand i understand a loss is a loss and is your flesh and blood...so in my opinion, no one shoudld be suffering thru mc at all..this is way too hurting :(

And good for you since you said you'll be leaving your job, until then, take some breather as and when, during weekends and when your hb is free from work. Get the emotional support you need. Even come here, chat with us for we understand. Main point is to grieve, cry it out, talk it out and then carry on with life, you might want to buy a gift or plant a plant in memory. Some i know got a bracelet/ring etc..

Doesnt really know how to improve my relationship with no kids. We are just doing our own stuff in one house. Not sitting together. If we do, there will be arguments. My relationship is turning from bad to worst. I have a feeling that I hate him so much and also feel he does too. When he is not around, there is when I feel at ease and more happy. Haiz... If there is at least one baby, at least the attention is there to a baby. Now what we does is always either quarrel or feel so hateful to each other. :'(

I tot I m miscarrying these two weeks when I bled n bled. Went down to check with dr n found out i m having ectopic preg.
Admit to hospital n my left tube was remove. *so sad*

Jiayou, babydusty! I believe things happen for a reason and you will soon be pregnant again. I had also lost my child 3 weeks ago. Yes, indeed its devasting but we got to move on and look forward, keeping our faith. I agree, spend more time with your kids eg. play with them w/o doing anything - quality time. Dun be too stressed over work, no matter what health comes first and end of the day, its just a job.

I tot I m miscarrying these two weeks when I bled n bled. Went down to check with dr n found out i m having ectopic preg.
Admit to hospital n my left tube was remove. *so sad*

Double line, I am very sorry to hear this. How are u feling now? Pls be strong, your family loves u. Its a must to remove one side of the tube?

What a reason they gave?! Gosh i feel so angry for you. I feel everyone who have mc b4 should hv an option to check. Hmm..you might want to try some basic blood work from a pte doc? I went to one female clinic in hougang and the doc tested basic MC profiling for me. You might want to try though..well it cost a bit but hmm your choice..Or maybe you want to take your hb's opinion..but all in all good lah a change of lifestyle from working to a much relaxing one at home. At least there's no office politics and boss's expectations to add to your stress. PH coming..might be good to get a short trip with your hb :)

Hi Chrisl,

Yes, I was very sad at their reply back then. After my 2nd mc, gynae did collect my blood and test for 3 types of antibodies. Results came back fine. But of course its not a complete test compare to NUH. I just take one step at a time now. I am more looking forward to Oct when I left my job and plan to go for a holiday first before ttc again.

I hope things go smooth on your end too! :)

Double line, I am very sorry to hear this. How are u feling now? Pls be strong, your family loves u. Its a must to remove one side of the tube?

Sunshinebb_82, I just got discharge today . My beanie grow in the left tube n all along we & dr tot I m miscarrying when dr couldn't find sac during u/s. my tube has to remove bcoz already damage when beanie grow. Haiz. So suay.

Hi Chrisl,

Yes, I was very sad at their reply back then. After my 2nd mc, gynae did collect my blood and test for 3 types of antibodies. Results came back fine. But of course its not a complete test compare to NUH. I just take one step at a time now. I am more looking forward to Oct when I left my job and plan to go for a holiday first before ttc again.

I hope things go smooth on your end too! :)

Good good! A holiday is always good! hehehe

Sunshinebb_82, I just got discharge today . My beanie grow in the left tube n all along we & dr tot I m miscarrying when dr couldn't find sac during u/s. my tube has to remove bcoz already damage when beanie grow. Haiz. So suay.

Oh dear, dun worry k. I have heard a lot of cases where mummies still get pregnant despite 1 tube. Be strong n dun give up ok? Have faith.

hi double_line i was in the same position as you. but dont worry. doc told me chances of getting preg with just one tube can be very high too 60-80%. meanwhile have plenty of rest to recuperate your body.

hi double_line i was in the same position as you. but dont worry. doc told me chances of getting preg with just one tube can be very high too 60-80%. meanwhile have plenty of rest to recuperate your body.
Thank twinsy n sunshinebb Now I m very scare as I read from net there's risk for recurrent ectopic..

Last edited:
Me also just lost my baby.
On 03 August, just tested was positive
On 06 August, start bleeding and saw gyane - bb was 5 weeks, 7.5mm but no heart beat. Growth is smaller than expected. was told 50/50 chance bb will survive.
on 10 August, went back to gyane.. sac was gone, totally flushed out

BB was gone within one week.... was my 2nd pregnancy.. I cant accept at all... sob sob

On 06 August, start bleeding and saw gyane - bb was 5 weeks, 7.5mm but no heart beat. Growth is smaller than expected. was told 50/50 chance bb will survive.

BB was gone within one week.... was my 2nd pregnancy.. I cant accept at all... sob sob

Hugs jendome. Pls take care.

Hi everyone, I'm quite inactive on this forum. Just happened to browse through this and chance upon this thread.

Sorry for all your losses. I am a mother of 4 beautiful children, of which 2 didn't make it to this earth. My recent miscarriage happened some time in July this year. I guess I took the news quite okay, maybe because it wasnt my first time. But I can honestly tell you the pain in the same because they are my children. I believe things happened for a reason. My first miscarriage happened before my second boy. So by right, my youngest son should be my third child.

I just want to encourage all who suffered miscarriages not to be discouraged. Do not blame yourself. No one is at fault. Take good care of your body and your well-being. For me, I will try again for my no.5 in due time. :)

Jendome,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs!

I can understand how you feel. I just had my second mc in April too. It also happened too fast. But I took it quite alright this time as I experienced the bleeding and cramps, so I was mentally prepared. Unlike my first one, everything was well, I had strong symptoms yet gynae out of a sudden told me bb no more heartbeat.

How are you doing now?

hi all, just went for D&C today. saw bb's heartbeat at 6 weeks, then it was gone by 8 weeks. very sudden.. still trying to come to terms with it..

does anyone know when to start taking the raspberry leaf tea?

hi all, just went for D&C today. saw bb's heartbeat at 6 weeks, then it was gone by 8 weeks. very sudden.. still trying to come to terms with it..

does anyone know when to start taking the raspberry leaf tea?

Hugs for you gal...raspberry leaf tea i normally drink during period bleed to 'flush' the blood out..and well after period occasionally also can lah cos can strengthen uterus

To all in this thread, take care. Last July I had an ectopic pregnancy, utterly devastated then. Now I'm blessed with a beautiful baby girl. So most important thing is to take care of yourself to better prepare yourself for the future. A lot are up to fate and we all need to stay positive.

Hugs for you gal...raspberry leaf tea i normally drink during period bleed to 'flush' the blood out..and well after period occasionally also can lah cos can strengthen uterus

Thanks dear... I read somewhere that the tea can also help to "flush" out the blood after d&c as well, so just giving it a go :)

To all in this thread, take care. Last July I had an ectopic pregnancy, utterly devastated then. Now I'm blessed with a beautiful baby girl. So most important thing is to take care of yourself to better prepare yourself for the future. A lot are up to fate and we all need to stay positive.

Hi shoppixe

Thanks for the encouragements and congratulations!

Haven't been visiting this thread for awhile. Had a long break, went hk holiday in july n did my fet last wednesday. Keep my fingers crossed.

This thread has been quite. Not sure if anyone can help with my question.
I miscarriage 2 times. 1st mc at 8th week and 2nd mc at 12th week. Both mc due to fetal no heartbeat.
I am sure everyone who has experienced miscarriage before will want to find out the cause of the miscarriage.
May I know normally how does your gynea suggest to go about investigating the cause of the miscarriage ?

Back