IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Hi stargirl,

i didn't really notice the report on didelphys uterus untill SJX pointed out to me her condition so when i looked through my reports, i spotted this 'suspected' diagnosis.
sad.gif

i know i have (2 uterus, 2 cervices but vagina i heard a previous gynae from mt elizabeth also she suspected i have 2 vaginas) anyway i'm confused by all these.

i guess the 'blank' look i gave prof wong on that day did not 'encourage' him to give me further details. anyway, i'm not under prof wong, any doctors that is available on that day will see me as i'm on subsidised rate.

i'm on suprefact now and next appt is next week to have blood test and scan i tink to check how my body is reacting, i suppose GONAL F will start if everything is ok.

frankly, after hearing about your failed attempt, more or less, i'm not carrying my hopes too high as well.

Good Morning Girls,

Dollyrac: Dont loose hopes, everything will be fine. Its just our testing time.

SJX, you have your appointment today. Keep us updated and good luck. Take care.

Shi Jia Xin (shijiaxin) for the immunologist it was not referred by prof wong. Recommended by my friends who succeeded in their succeeding IVFs.
lee (dollyrac) we should not lose hope. baby dust to you and I hope you succeed. Good luck

Hi siddhi

Yeah my report is good, able to start from cd21 onward

Hi lee dollray
Don't despair! U will make it and have ur dragon on ur arm let stay positive

Hi SJX, keep your patience, perseverance and faith in God. Everything will be alright. Will join you soon. Good Luck.

hi ladies

I have met up with Pc wong last friday.... same day as sjx... for the first time...

So need to do Round 1 blood test...just wanna ask whether I need to fast or not for the blood test...kinda of forgot doc instruction...

thanks for advice..
happy.gif

sjx

good to hear you can start soon!
happy.gif
No more waiting....

pc wong seems very professional and experienced. I can tell from the ultra scan he did for me. Compared to other doc I went to, his is really fast and good....
happy.gif

Wah, quite sometime not in here.
Wave, Mel.
Halo to all new sistas.
Noscon-The blood test normally do not need to fast, unless is different kind of blood tests from us.
Looking forward-Bed prefer, refer to the bed type U be using during ER & ET. As U would be resting in day surgery ward. If U choose the normal kind, would be 6 person in a cubicle. Unless U prefer to have more privacy & choose the single bedder, think is 100+ difference.
Andreanie-Hope everything goes smoothly for U.
Su-wave, hope U are coping well with work & family.
Soul-wave to U also.

morning ladies...

Hi noscon
thank you...

yes he is very professional, feel very comfortable with him. Hope he is the "ONE" give me my blessing

Hi Looking forward (liliankoh)
the bed selection, our medisave and coverage can claim till how "high"? if can claim lot haaa let take 1 bedded... silent is the best relaxation:p

Hi blue,
Hope you are doing well. I m coping Ok with baby n work. But this week is a challenge. Lots of work to be done.

Shi jia xin, the limit for medisave withdrawal is 6k for first timer. Whatever you had incurred during your cycle including bed choice will have 6k(medisave) n 3k deducted. You pay the rest if need to. I don't think there's much a diff with 4bedder n single. If can just opt for single. Yes definitely more peaceful
happy.gif

hi Blue! Im good, so far. Its another 45 days to my c-sect!
happy.gif

Welcome to everyone that is new here! Hope u will all have a successful IVF journey ahead! Baby Dusts!
happy.gif

Hi ladies!! Hi Blue! *waves back at Blue*
happy.gif

It has been a while since I last posted anything here. I have had a tough last couple of months due to pertussis, also known as whooping cough. If some of you remember my past posts, I had mentioned about having a persistent cough. It turns out to be the wretched whooping cough. Nasty nasty infliction. If you ladies have the time, just google on Pertussis, and you will get what I mean.

Since pertussis can last for months, as you might have guessed, I am still coughing. Fortunately, I am at the third stage (finally!). The coughs are no longer paroxysmal, which is great. But my voice still sounds like I'm speaking through my nose. Kind of like Andre Chichak from The Noose. :p So ladies... please read on it. I have never known about the existence of such a disease until I experience it myself. I caught it from my husband who decided to be negligent with keeping up with necessary precautions when his symptoms showed. Like wearing a mask to avoid spreading it to others. But I can assure you, seeing what this thing has done to me, has filled him with utmost regret and guilt. Not to mention my periodical "reminder" to add up to it. :p

I am reaching 26 weeks soon. The baby has been growing well and healthy
happy.gif
. Other than the cough, the pregnancy seems to be going great. Of course there are minor (major sometimes depending on the fluctuation of your mood... pregnancy hormones... :p) discomforts like back aches, shoulder aches and butt aches... LOL. All I can say is, I am really looking forward to delivering this baby
happy.gif
. Both hubs and I can't wait to see how he looks like! Haha! Will he have curly hair like my husband's? Or straight like mine??? All the anxiety! Lol!

I want to say hello to all the ladies who just joined this forum recently and congratulate all of you for having the courage to go through this long arduous journey. Please stay positive and keep up with your perseverance. I have recently read a book titled "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne... and I can not stress more on being positive, especially for this journey. Try reading it, and see if it helps
happy.gif

Hope you all have a wonderful evening ahead with your loved ones
happy.gif
. Baby dust to all!!
happy.gif

hi soulasylum

congrats to you

just wondering how to cure the cough? as i think i am having this kind of cough...western doc just kept giving me cough syrup and antibiotic which i think it pretty useless..and I am on the course for coming a month.. (not for antibiotic which is only for a week)

I am seeing TCM this saturday for the cough just hope it will recover by the time i am doing my ivf

Hi Jia Xin
happy.gif

Unfortunately, there is no cure for pertussis presently. Here's a link where you can read all there is to know about pertussis. Whooping cough is almost always misdiagnosed by doctors as the common cold. Read on it. The information on that website is more than I can ever give you.
happy.gif

http://whoopingcough.net/

If your symptoms match the symptoms as stated on that site, you most likely have been infected by whooping cough. It has been going on for 9 and a half weeks for me, but it is slowly going away. There is nothing I can do to cure it... All I can do is make it easier by not eating greasy food, chocolates, drinking iced cold drinks etc. There was a type of antibiotic that my obgyn recommended to me, called Erythromycin. It is commonly used to treat pertussis, but not cure it. Also, I refused to try it considering my condition. I would prefer not to consume any types of drug while pregnant. The only cure is actually prevention, by getting yourself vaccinated against it. Please go to the link above, and read all about it
happy.gif
. That was how I found out what I'm having is actually pertussis.

Hi soulasylum

but at least you are healthily pregnant
happy.gif

i got a mix feeling, and worry... hope my first time for this ivf will succeed even tho i know it is impossible for first timer.

Jia Xin... Don't say the word "impossible" too easily my dear... My pregnancy is conceived through my very FIRST IVF cycle. Believe it
happy.gif
. So is Andreanie's
happy.gif
. And many more others out there
happy.gif
. Let me share with you the state of my psyche prior to IVF. I stayed positive... And removed all doubts. I visualised a life with a healthy handsome little boy who will make everyone in my family happy and bring us closer to each other. I talked and acted as if there was not even the slightest possibility that my baby will not be born. Call me crazy all you want... But the result is evident. Have strong faith and conviction in whatever you do towards making your pregnancy happen. You gain nothing by being pessimistic right? Plus... If it does not happen for the first time (knock on wood), it will not be the end of the world. You will still gain the experience which will make you stronger, and that strength is all you need to continue trying and persevere. I know some people might think that it's easier for me to say these things because I got lucky the first time. But the pain I had to go through not being able to conceive naturally and having to go through all the invasive procedures are all the same. It's just that I did not have to go through more cycles, that was it. So don't be negative and stop pushing yourself too hard. Never ever beat yourself over it because it is no one's fault, most certainly not yours. Have faith and be strong and positive all the way through
happy.gif
. I pray that you will succeed the first time too.
happy.gif

Hi Soulasylum, wow...ur success story gives so much of strength. Its not a easy procedure to undergo and your success story helps to be optimistic. Thanks for the post.

It's my pleasure Siddhi
happy.gif
. Keep up with the optimism then
happy.gif
! I pray that your IVF journey will also bear a cute precious bundle of joy
happy.gif

Thanks soulasylum...Collecting Baby dust from you....Hope I can also write my success story here & give courage and strength to all.

Soul-that is fast, 26 weeks. I was thinking, I also should be about there now, if not of the loss.............
I would be seeing Prof tomorrow morning. At least right now, my cycle had went back to the normal 28-30days.
But I heard that CHR side would not be accepting Feb menses round for fresh cycle, as is full already. So have to wait till March cycle.
Just hope that for FET, they k squeeze me in, if not I also has to wait 1 more month.
I am also down with flu & cough since last week, was not on antobiotic & hope I would not be using it. But it seems like getting yellowish phlegm..................
Hope yr cough would be better soon.

@Blue: Don't feel down Blue... Remember, you still have your frozen embabies
happy.gif
. Waiting can be a good thing too. Take this time to relax, rejuvenate yourself, clear your mind and fill it with positive thoughts of your coming, healthy full term pregnancy
happy.gif
. Keep up with the healthy and nutritious food and exercise to boost your physical and mental wellness
happy.gif
. And now that your cycle has gone back to normal, so that is a good start!
happy.gif

I wanted to go for June 2011 cycle last year but the same thing happened to me. I was told by Serene that the June cycle was full, so I waited and started at the end of July 2011 instead. While waiting, I spent time going for long walks, cycling, and riding roller coasters at USS.
happy.gif

I'm sorry to hear about your flu. I hope that it's just the old common cold that you're having. Get plenty of rest and drink more fluid. The weather is getting hotter lately, so the more reason to drink more water. A common cold can cause yellowish phlegm. Mine is white and plenty, can be yellowish at times too. Sorry... TMI!!! Lol! Well, I hope you'll get better soon too
happy.gif
. Mine is getting better albeit going away really slow.....

hey ladies

sorry just wanna check with u all...

next week i maybe starting my injection.

i think is Suprefact, may I know roughly how much is the payment for this?

can this be claim or include in the grant??

Soul-Thanks soul for the comfort words.
I trying to eat healthy but the part of exercise never got to start loh. Is in my mind that I exercising only, but physically I am not, haha
I also like USS, but not the roller coasters ride, becos I fear of heights.
Yap, I will follow U & fill my mind with all the positive thoughts.
Thank you , it is always nice chatting with U.
SJX-Thanks for the info. I might not even squeeze into Feb month.
For the payment wise, U only get to pay the difference in cash, after all the grant & medisave deduction like when ET that day.
Becos the most ex part is the Gonal F.
ope this helps.

Hi bluenosebear

mean next week when i go get my injection i dont have to pay? haaa sorry just want to get myself prepare.

Hi ladies,

just wondering, how u gals inject yourself? I think the Pen is easier, but the needles one is like... so difficult

Hi ladies, I'm back! :D just an update, went for my appt on 7th Feb but bcos my period is not here yet so i'm still on suprefact, was told to call chr once my period is here so i can start gonal f.

sjx, the needle is ok lah. first few times really scared the shit out of me but slowly u'll get used to it. fine that jabbing on the right side of my stomach not so painful leh so i just keep jabbing on the right, only sometimes on the left. hope everyone is coping fine...

hey dollyrac

you are so cute haaa..

i am looking forward to it yet scare at the same time... haaaa dont know what to expect
but my mum they all told me i need to be positive...

trying very hard to be haaaa

sjx, should encourage ourselves that at least we can still go through ivf ah so hope for the best lor. for me i think the hardest part of injection was the first part, the nurse had to practically 'push' the needle to my stomach than i self inject. back at home i also encourage myself to push the needle into my stomach than jab liao. a few more times than u'll get used to it. it's really antbite. somemore i'm working so early morning wake up, brush teeth than wash face liao than blur blur jab. :D just hopefully have a baby at the end of the procedure... stretching my neck very long like a giraffe, hoping to see a baby waiting for me at the end of this long long road.... :D

@Blue: Hahaha! You're so funny! Just go for daily walks maybe? Come on.... That isn't so hard is it??? Lol! Anyway... It has always been a pleasure chatting with you
happy.gif
. You take care okay? Hang in there! Ganbatte!! Xoxo

@Lee: Hello there! All the best for your IVF journey!
happy.gif

@Jia Xin: Don't worry about the needles
happy.gif
. The CHR nurses will guide you thoroughly on how to give yourself injections safely, and most importantly, painlessly
happy.gif
. You will definitely get used to it. All the best!!

Baby dust to all!!
happy.gif

morning ladies,

thanks Lee and Soul
happy.gif
in this case i shall look forward to my injection...
happy.gif

just wondering, what else did you gals prepare yourself beside injections?

I am taking blackmoles conceive plus, was thinking to drink red dates drink and chicken essence. Not sure is it too much?

morning sjx, i've tried asking around as well but not much response so i didn't do anything too. anyway, i'm taking folic acid bcos i'm on anti-epileptic drugs which may affect my babies (in case i have one).
happy.gif
other than that, red dates drink i took those in pckt form bcos suddenly feel like drinking, no particular reason.

any sisters out there with experience who will like to share on diets as well?

Hi Lee

same here!!
i tried to ask at the IVF support group they totally ignore me and told me to read to the archive. Not that i want to complain but there are thousand posts! dont expect me to read through one by one.

I dont want to see TCM, so thinking to take mulit vit , chicken essence and red drink will do.

Properly will start from Monday onward haaaa.... wanna enjoy my weekend with dessert first :p

jamp_jamp, good information. But I read somewhere that pineapple is good for implantation. Do you have any idea on it? Coz the spreadsheet suggested to avoid pineapple during 2WW.

Wave jamp
Siddhi-pineapple it sounds more like for the western side, no idea sutiable for asian.
I will share, but I would say it all depends on individual.
For me, I am PCOS, I start to take immunocal (whey protein powder) when stimulation start. It is to prevent OHSS. Alternative is to take egg whites. But I find that immunocal helps alot for the bloated feeling in stim stage. If feel super bloated, I will take egg whites & immunocal.
I also take chx essence when I started Suprefact, occasionally will brew own chx essence. During Suprefact, U may also want to start egg whites. I read somewhere that the protein from the egg whites might increase the quality of embryos. But I took kampong chx eggs.
I took Brazil nuts after ET.
I also took conceive plus, but stop half way, as gastric cant stand it. Didn't really drink the red dates drink as find it too heaty.
I also took Royal jelly, folic acid. I had been taking these some very long, as it can boost my haemoglobin level.
Otherwise also try to eat healthy, like brown rice & wholemeal food.
Hope this helps.

Hi jamp_jamp and bluenosebear

WOAH!! thank you so much!!
This is sooo useful!

guess i roughly know what i am going to eat
happy.gif

was also thinking Cordyceps... do u think this will be too much?

Wave to blue, an, su, soul, jamp.. and other new sistas,
Blue, you are starting FET soon? Me too. I am thinking of starting on my next March menses. But Prof Wong decided long medicated protocol for me. That means I need to take birth control pills for one month (one injection in the middle) before starting progynova. That was decided just after my first failed FET. Now my menses back to normal and ovulate also. So I am thinking of asking Prof Wong to change to short medicated protocol. Don't want to wait for one more month liao. If I can change to short one, you and me can be cycle buddies.
happy.gif
Have you seen Prof Wong? What did he suggest?

Back