Zoophonics

maple

Any mummies whose toddlers have attended or are attending zoophonics?
Any comments? eg their program, teachers, environment etc...

Hi maple
i am signing my boy up for the zoophonics class.

Have just attended a trial session with them.

The program is not bad with teaching on phonics using animals, songs and sometimes craft

are you planning to sign up as well?

hi worry mum
u are also planning for this? hee...
i plan to sign up at thomson branch. what about u?
how old is your child? my boy is 20 months.

ya saw this BP. have PM CC2 about it. U buying?

Hi, Joleena, me still searching around, my boy already 35mths old, am waiting for suitable slots ..keke..But not Thomson Branch is at Bukit Timah Branch..

Am still considering whether to buy.. keke..

hihi,
i m bringing my ger for their trial tmr in JW.. hopefully its a gd 1!

i wanted to go BT but all time slots full liao..
i din know this school is so hot.
happy.gif

why not get the set fm the school? if i am not wrong, they do sell.

hoho03, sorry, i mean there's no convenience slot for me.. their time table is always like during lunch time or my son nap time... haiz.. so am waiting for an convenience slot..**paiseh. Is it all full? wah.. then I gotta wait again..
kao_sad2.gif

As for the BP, I think CC2 did mentioned, in school they sell around $100.

hi worry mum
oh bukit timah branch? very far for me hee..
since it is full, why don u try thomson branch?
are you a SAHM?

hi hoho03,
oh JW? yes that school is very hot. But rather pricey..hubby object it so we chose zoophonics instead.

Yes zoophonics sell the set to students only. They do not sell to public. For students, it will cost SGD95.00 per set includes the animals cards, CD etc.

Hi Joleena,
Nope, I'm a FTWM. Am stay in Gombak, Thomson too far leh..

I think hoho03 is mentioning abt the Zoo phonics in Jurong West, not JWT gym..keke

hi joleena,
zoophonics oso got branch in JW, same price for all 3 branches.
http://www.zoophonics.com.sg/location_jw.html

u mean JW gt another school??!! what name?

yup, i think the set is gd. btw, how much is the bp selling?

hi worrymum,
ya lor for my ger age grp, 18mths lah all full...
BT nearer tome as well..
BUT i will call again nextweek... heehee

mummies who attended, do u think 1hr is enough? can learn anything?

hoho03, the BP org by CC2 is selling as follows:

26 alphabets flashcards
- Full colour printing on both side
- A4 size, 300gsm
- $39 + $2.50(normal postage) + ($0.50) envelopes= $42

Joleena, u mean the same set as CC2 organising? But this BP no CD leh..

oh sorry...i din know you all mean Jurong West. I thought Julia Gabriels hee...

sorry hoho03...

worry mum
i am not sure if zoophonics sell exactly the same set as CC2 is organising. i have not received her email on how the set looks like.
But zoophonics set include CD as well. i cant rem wat else is included.

i think 1 hr should be ok..if too long, sometimes their attention swayed
wat do u all think?

its ok joleena!
happy.gif
miscommunication of short form.. :p

1hr enough ah.. but then why gug and JG are 1.5hr?

zoophonics only allow trial on weekdays and for 2hrs!!
faint.. not sure my ger can tahan or not..

i know gug is using zoophonics as their materials... BUT their charges super ex.

YA, i oso want 2know if the bp set same as ZP (zoophonics).

maybe their programme is different. last time i signed my boy up for BJG. it is also 1 hr...good enough for him..

huh? i went for trial during weekends..maybe that thomson branch..how come trial can be for 2 hours?

yes the lady at thomson branch told me they "franchise" the zoophonics materials to GUG. ha..maybe GUG more branded? ang moh style so more ex?

if the BP set is the same as zoophonics, then i will get from BP...much cheaper right?

Hi Joleena,
really! trial is fm 9am-11am,wondering my ger can wake up bo.
then if signing up, would be on sunday 12-1.. actually bad timing,thinking how 2 settle her lunch,before or after class.

i sent my ger to kindermusik, very gd, but diff. fm ZP,GUG or JG...so cannot compare.

I thought, worry mum, mention tt this bp, gt no CD. so think its like flash cards only..

hi hohoho3,

may i know wat sort of things they do at kindermusik? how old is your ger btw?

m thinking of putting my boy in kindermusik too...

hi kit,

my ger is now going to 18mths liao. she had attended kidermusik for 3 diff. themes/term

kindermusik is more to music and movements.
8wks per term. different theme each term.
the teacher will teach some movements, carrying ur kid, to dance with the song.
then she will also let the kids handle different instruments and play together with the song.

my ger and i enjoyed very much.

what i like about KM is because althou we need to pay for the materials, i find it is worth it!for village class (6mths-18mths),the materials include a cd, a book and poster.
The song cd is gd! i play to my ger everynite.

go to their website and surf for more, www.kindermusik.com.sg

u can book a trial before signing for the whole term.
happy.gif

Hi Joleena,
Yes, thinking of signing up, but will only decide on that after attending trial. Me still on wait list for the trial class. Your boy enjoys the trial class? I intending to go Thomson branch too. How u find the teacher(s) at Thomson Br?

Hi Worry Mum,
So youre now waiting for a convenient slot for the trial? Your boy will be attending the Zoo Kids class?

Hi hoho03,
Do share with us your review of the trial class tmr.
I think trial class is available on weekend cos I specify that I wan mine on weekends only.
2hr trial class??? U got special treatment har? heehee I was told trial class 1 hr also. Or is it bcos yours is on a weekday?

Joleena, hoho03,
Any idea how much GUG cost? Could it be due to the longer hrs, so more ex?
Any idea whether there is makeup class for Zoophonics if the child is sick?

Hi Joleena,

Which time slot is ur boy attending in the Thomson Branch? My gal is with the thomson branch too! Zoo Toodlers?

hi maple,
no wonder u cannot get a trial slot.. heehee
cos weekends all full!
That lady told me sunday 12-1 time slot is a new class, so they called me, cos i wait list at all branches for afternoon time slot.

She did mention that weekends trial is 1hr and more ex, think $25. but weekdays, 2hrs and cheaper $18.75.:p

Yup, will let u mums know after my tmr trial. think no matter what is the experience, i will still sign for a month cause 1 day, cannot judge my ger like or not lei..:p:p

hi hoho03,
wow your trial so good for 2 hours. mine only for 1 hr.
u going to continue with kindermusik? heard itz good but more inclined towards music skills right?

hi maple
oh when are you attending the trial? same here i am also going thomson branch. initially my boy quite shy but after a while, he gets into the mood. even the teacher observe that.
would say the teacher ok lar.
when my son was in BJG, the moment he sees the teacher, he smiles. but he din do it this time. maybe grow older?

i recall for GUG it costs $280 for a 8 week term. that is for once a week lesson.
i have checked on the replacement class. yes there will be a replacement class if the child is sick. but if public holiday falls on that day, no replacement.
her explanation is that sometimes in a month, there are 5 lessons etc

Hi CC2
how are you? waiting for your attachement file for the zoophonics materials.
might want to order.
Last weekend i just went to the trial lesson. Haha maybe you have seen me. I am planning to sign for sat zoo toddlers class from 5pm - 6pm
Same?

hi mummies,
i just called the JW branch, the 12-1 slot only got 3kids!!! faint...
any1 interested to join this time slot, sure gt place 1...

CC2, tell us more..
happy.gif

Joleena,
hmm i oso don't know gd or not, i scare 2hrs seem too long for my ger.. is it boring ah??

My ger need to upgrade for the next level in KM, the next 1 is very ex,no $$.
also, she had not attended a so call proper class for learning, so want to try out and train her to sit and listen... heehee

sad.gif
sad.gif
why most of the mummies in thomson, i called, full also..
sad.gif
sad.gif

maybe will get out when my ger cranky.
happy.gif

at least this trial is cheap, GUG think now $40.
very ex!

then the actual lesson is 1hr, seem too short hor.

hi joleena,

u pm me? can pm me and i reply u? thanks.

My gal is at the 11-12pm slot in thomson. No kids went for trial during my class leh.

I like the instructor as compared to the teachers in GUG. During her 1st lessons she was playing with the books on the shelves.. but the instructor was aware of it and will try to attract her attetion. Whereas in GUG, they bo chap her and I was running after her in the 1.5hrs.

Now she's used to the routine and will sit down quietly when the instructor is doing the zoo phonics and can signal almost all 26 alphabets though she's oni there for less than 2 mths.

heard the 11-12pm slot got long waiting list cos was enquiring for a fren.

hoho03,
I am keen to let my 22 month old boy try out the zoophonics branch at JW. Can walk from Lakeside MRT ? On weekend the class is 1 hour long only ?

Hi CC2,
Okie will PM you on the zoophonics materials again.

Oh no wonder. we are in the trial lesson on sat from 5 - 6pm. cos all the sunday classes are full.

Who is the instructor? Is it the same lady?
Oh so the class is not bad afterall hee...

sunday class i heard really long waiting list.

thanks for your feedback.

I think GUG admin staff rather rude. When I called for trial, no one picked up and when they reply me, they seems impatient
sad.gif

hoho03,
I just called them. Quite cheap $100 a month, for the 1 hour class on weekends. Think I will definitely try out. See you there
happy.gif

No matter how it will be more worth it than GUG. I attended the trial there before, so far and so expensive, and don't learn much also.

Great tamarind!
i m going for trial tmr, then sign up for a mth.

wa, then i better save my $40, not going to GUG. heehee
happy.gif

Joleena,

my gal instructor is shelia. I think she handles both sat and sunday zoo toodlers class. When i signed up that time, no need to wait leh... just call and can go a few weeks later. If pay for 3 mths, then got $25 discount and if pay by POSB credit card got 10% rebate and if that mth got 5 weeks even better... each lesson is less than $20! hahaha....

Hi Joleena,
Trial me still on waiting list for the trial, so dunno yet, but likely to be on 10/9. The lady told me they are likely to open a new trial class on 10/9, will inform me once confirmed. Depending on the response, they will be opening a new class on Sun 12-1 pm. Btw, do u have to wait long for your trial?

Thanks for your info on replacement class.

When are u signing up / starting? I was told that the Sat 5-6 pm class is full. Youve got a place allocated to you already?

hoho03,
No choice, weekday cant make it cos me FTWM, so can only go weekend.
I called ZP just now regarding the weekday trial and was told that weekday trial also 1 hr, also $25. Haiz why so inconsistent one??? (I called the Thomson br, not the JW br.)

maple,
hmm..i just called to confirm, the teacher oso told me 2hrs lei, 9-11 lei.
i oso FTWM!
happy.gif

tamarind,
tmr my company outing, i m not going, so brng ger go trial lor..:p
me might be oso starting next sunday, c how, will let u knw.
happy.gif

Hi CC2,
received your email. the price i assume is in USD?
Yes, the instructor is also shelia
happy.gif

Ya too bad i don have POSB credit card haha..u paid all in advance?
too bad we signed up for sat class, if not can meet you
happy.gif

Hi Maple
you called thomson branch for the trial?
I don have to wait long for the trial. Like just one day? or almost immediate?
oh if they are opening a new class on sun 12 - 1pm, i might change to that...hee..

I told them to reserve the slot for me for sat and will go down and make payment this sat. maybe datz why?

Joleena,

Yes. In USD. Ya... i paid for 3 mths then can get discount mah.

Sunday got 12-1pm class ah? if have i also want to change to that.

CC2,
Oic. I let you know tomorrow if I will go ahead with the printing. Ok?

Ya if have, i will also change

Hi Joleena,
Yes, Thomson branch.

Joleena, CC2,
If both of u change, all 3 of us will be in the same class! Lets hope they go ahead to open this new class.

CC2,
POSB credit card do u mean if sign up 1 mth only, got 10% discount, if sign up 3 mths, got additional $25 off in addition to the 10% discount?

Hey gals, i'm intending to let my gal try the trial too. Heard many good comments on them.

I wrote a mail to them jus few days ago. The thomson branch replied me. As far as i know, you can start your own trial class with friends if you can find 5 toddlers or more. Each toddler got to be at least 17months. Too bad my gal is only 16mths, so i can only start next month.

The lady i spoke to was Alice from Thomson. She told me the one at Bt Timah is a very hot place. Ask me if i want to form a trial class got to tell them before hand.

CC2,
Does that means you got the disc as well?

maple,

if u pay for 1 mth oni. No discount even if u pay with your POSB everyday card. U oni need to pay $275 if u pay 3 mths in full even without everyday card but if u pay 3 mths in full with everyday card then u get 10% rebate lor. Which u can use it for the fees next mth or term.

hey u gals talking abt 12-1pm class is in thomson branch rite? If got 12-1pm class then I no need to rush in the morning but then again it's bb lunch time leh *headache*

tamarind, can you share with me your feedback after attending the zoophonics at JW? Thot of stopping Vane with MMI cos the new teacher not very gd. Thanks in advance. Btw, the JW branch is near the Blk500+ mkt at Blk 502.

Hi Maple
Yes hope they can open the class cos sat afternoon my boy already quite tired hee...

hopefully can find min 5 toddlers then maybe they will start the class hee...

hi CC2,
yes itz our bb lunch time..sigh...maybe can give after the class or give before the class..
but den sometimes it is my boy napping hours too
sad.gif

just my suggestion.. if u gals already can form a class, why not ask the school to change to a suitable timing for u all.??
kao_smile.gif

Giggler,
Sure will let you know.

MMI not very good ? Initially I thought of putting Jerome there, but cannot find a suitable time on weekends.

hi mummies,
i am back fm my trial.. not bad, just like childcare center..
happy.gif
the students in the class are 2+yrs and they attend 2x weekly.

the 1st hr is mandarian, not bad, my ger manage to sit and listen to the story telling. then they do some craft using glue to paste onto the paper. my ger ran off.. faint! so i do for her..
happy.gif
the teacher is gd able to catch my ger attention back.

the 2nd hr is english, my ger din really sit dwn cos she saw the puzzles and wonder off.. faint! We sing the A-Z phonics song. but the teacher din specify a letter of the wk, not sure why.
then she give out a letter each to the kids to let them match with the ones on the wall. my ger like this cos can ran around. then we did short coloring and painting craft. again, i do the job.
during storytelling time, she din catch my ger's attention when she ran off. she told me she is curious of the place. hmm let me review this after the 1mth trial.

Overall, experience is gd! cos partly we never attended anything like this bef.
BUT i find my ger still too young to strt the carfts activites.. hmm will c how it goes.

OH according to the in-charge, the weekend class only in english, but if there is demand from a few mummies, then they will try to open the mandarian class.
happy.gif

not bad, they seem to be quite flexible.

i am wondering, since so many mums are interested, can we form a suitable time slot ourselves.
12-1 is really not a very gd timing.
i m trying out on sunday to c how it goes.
happy.gif

hi hoho03,

my gal was running ard the whole room too during the 1st lesson. The person in charge told me told me the same thing. She said they are curious of the place and is exploring. True enough, during the 2nd lesson, my gal sat down and are able to follow the class. They also told me got one kid was playing with the dustbin the room throughtout the lesson.

Back