Zhu Sheng Niang Niang (注生娘娘)

Anyone here went to Seng Wong Beo 都城隍庙 to 超度 their pass away unborn child??? Went to see the temple medium and was told need to do the ritual and also there is something else following us.... need to settle that too....

Can anyone share their experience with the process in this temple? Also should we even consider this or just go with the normal Bright Hill temple 超度 process.....

Hi Jasper, i went to Seng Wong Beo at Tanjong Pagar 110 years of history, next to International PLaza for the 超度, intially i went to the temple to thank tai sui or tiger god (cannot remember) but when i throw the "Pei" it is always closed. So Uncle Philip from the temple help to ask what is the reason, in the end they want me to find a lady Ms Lim to help me do the process, but they will choose a date for you and approved by Seng Wong Gong. The process is about an hour, and they have paper doll (boy or girl) that mum needs to take with them during the process and end of the process you need to bring the doll to cross the bridge and Ms Lim will advise you don't think about the child anymore if not the child cannot reincarnated.
Hope that helps.

Will be returning 100 eggs to Zhu sheng niang niang at Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Si temple on this coming Thursday afternoon! Best wishes to all :)

Hi Jasper, i went to Seng Wong Beo at Tanjong Pagar 110 years of history, next to International PLaza for the 超度, intially i went to the temple to thank tai sui or tiger god (cannot remember) but when i throw the "Pei" it is always closed. So Uncle Philip from the temple help to ask what is the reason, in the end they want me to find a lady Ms Lim to help me do the process, but they will choose a date for you and approved by Seng Wong Gong. The process is about an hour, and they have paper doll (boy or girl) that mum needs to take with them during the process and end of the process you need to bring the doll to cross the bridge and Ms Lim will advise you don't think about the child anymore if not the child cannot reincarnated.
Hope that helps.

Would like to know when you did the ritual and also how much it cost you previously....

Hope that helps.

Hi sherleyuki

i had a chemical pregnancy before at year 2012 and till now didn't manage to get conceive ...
do i need to go to do the ritual ? sorry ... to ask this question :(

But hor, this is my personal opinion only...THOUGH have how many children, it's dictated by Fate, somehow, I also believe that doing merits like donations, do good may change the situation.

Hi towkayneo ...

may i know the donations ... does it cover the quarterly donation to those organizations and to those disable person / old person ?

thanks ...

Hi towkayneo ...

may i know the donations ... does it cover the quarterly donation to those organizations and to those disable person / old person ?

thanks ...
Hmm, 1st and 15th of the month, I will go to waterloo temple and make some donations...I think you can donate as and when and how you feel like it. There is no hard and fast rule for it...

Hi sherleyuki

i had a chemical pregnancy before at year 2012 and till now didn't manage to get conceive ...
Hi pimpim, if you feel the need to do so, you can go for the ritual...

Hmm, 1st and 15th of the month, I will go to waterloo temple and make some donations...I think you can donate as and when and how you feel like it. There is no hard and fast rule for it...

noted ... now i will try to be on vegetarian on 1st and 15th of the month ...
normally on friday will go waterloo temple ... and make some donations there too :)

Hi towkayneo ...

thanks ...

@pimpim, if you would like to donate to a specific cause, you can go to Ju Shi Lin Temple (Singapore Buddhist Lodge) at Kim Yam Road (.i.e. River Valley), the temple that serves free vegetarian food daily. Here’s the webby: http://www.sbl.org.sg/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

They have a list of causes where you can donate such as temple building fund; medical to the needy; printing of sutras; donation for the purchase of ingredients in providing free vegetarian food daily; donation of coffin to the needy etc. I remember it was a list of it. It’s really up to you if you want to donate to all on the list; or you can select those specifically you prefer to donate. I still donate to the temples which I frequent whereby you donate into the general donation box. For Ju Shi Lin, they will show you the list, and you tell them which one you want to donate. An official receipt will be issued. It’s also up to you if you want to donate on a one-time off basis or you do it periodically. HTHs! :)

@pimpim, if you would like to donate to a specific cause, you can go to Ju Shi Lin Temple (Singapore Buddhist Lodge) at Kim Yam Road (.i.e. River Valley), the temple that serves free vegetarian food daily. Here’s the webby: http://www.sbl.org.sg/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

They have a list of causes where you can donate such as temple building fund; medical to the needy; printing of sutras; donation for the purchase of ingredients in providing free vegetarian food daily; donation of coffin to the needy etc. I remember it was a list of it. It’s really up to you if you want to donate to all on the list; or you can select those specifically you prefer to donate. I still donate to the temples which I frequent whereby you donate into the general donation box. For Ju Shi Lin, they will show you the list, and you tell them which one you want to donate. An official receipt will be issued. It’s also up to you if you want to donate on a one-time off basis or you do it periodically. HTHs! :)

thanks alot milogal88 for the information :)
will make a trip down and have a look :)

Donations are not limited to donating to temples. The idea is for one to do more kind deeds and it may not necessarily be monetary. For instance, helping people in need, donations in kind (i.e. rice, diapers, etc) to old age home, orphanage, etc, sponsoring meals (I personally prefer to sponsor vegetarian meals), donating medications, etc.

Donations are not limited to donating to temples. The idea is for one to do more kind deeds and it may not necessarily be monetary. For instance, helping people in need, donations in kind (i.e. rice, diapers, etc) to old age home, orphanage, etc, sponsoring meals (I personally prefer to sponsor vegetarian meals), donating medications, etc.
I agree with apple11.
Buddhist tooth relic temple other than buddhist lodge enable us to donate for vegetarian meals and aso support lives liberation every first sunday of the month

I agree with apple11.
Buddhist tooth relic temple other than buddhist lodge enable us to donate for vegetarian meals and aso support lives liberation every first sunday of the month

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the mass live liberation of such do not really achieve the real intent of life liberation. Because the fishes to be liberated are pre-ordered for the event and all the merchant needs to do is to catch more fishes to cater to the increase demand required during the event.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the mass live liberation of such do not really achieve the real intent of life liberation. Because the fishes to be liberated are pre-ordered for the event and all the merchant needs to do is to catch more fishes to cater to the increase demand required during the event.
Apple11 somehow i have to agree with u but during the liberation the monk will do some chanting before it is released. In a way,not withholding the chanting, i have extended their lives or help prevent them from being fished and appear on our dining table?

Apple11 somehow i have to agree with u but during the liberation the monk will do some chanting before it is released. In a way,not withholding the chanting, i have extended their lives or help prevent them from being fished and appear on our dining table?

Yea, that's what many people argue. But I feel that should there be no such mass event, the fishes may not even be caught. The process of the fishes being caught will inflict a great amount of stress and pain on them. In addition, the fishes may not be kept in optimum conditions and in the process, it is inevitable that some will die. The ones that survive are sold for the life liberation event.

For me, I feel that the true meaning of life liberation is achieved when we can save animals that are in immediate danger of being served of the dinning table. I.e. in wet markets, live seafood restaurants, Sheng Siong, etc., where there are live fishes, turtles, etc to be sold so as to be killed and cooked for food, we purchase them and release them into habitats suitable for them. I may be wrong to think this way, but to me, this will be real compassion and achieve the real meaning of life liberation. :)

pimpim

for me, I do donations as and when I saw an opportunity or if i have the time to be there, or happen to be there.
for example, if I go to temples, donate to temples..... when I saw an organization organizing rice giving event to the poor, then I donate some money for them to buy rice, for example, i also tried donating to Organizations such as touch community or Tai He guan. Also donated to free tcm clinic once or twice if i rem correctly. It is really up to you to decide

老师你好,

我是新加入的成员。这整个thread 真的很interesting. 读到我受不了想要加入,然后希望您能指点我。

我和先生结婚有6+年了。也没有避孕。直到去年,我们决定找医生看一看。看完我们两也没很大的问题。我就有荷尔蒙失调的症状。先生就必需吃些维他命补一补。看了8 个多月的医生,做了六个月的疗程,包括药物+natural 和 IUI。但是都不成功。现在也开始看中医,双管齐下。

我去过Bugis 观音庙 拜过也求过签 (读了您的post才发现原来求签都求的不对)。我不敢拜神求子,因为我們总是有这种观念,如果无子却硬硬求。就算有可能也会被上天小小就带走。不知这个想法正确吗?

不知老师可否帮我算看我和先生是否命里有孩子吗?我接下来该做什么才能怀孕得子。拜神多点?念经吗?

希望你能指点我们。谢谢。

Hi sherleyuki

Hi I think Zhao Du might be not have
Anything to do why u have not yet conceives . I m the same case Zhao du already but still Childless for last 4 years. I think do more charities and pray to the god that you believe.

老师,
Today I went to kwan im temple at bugis and ask for lot. No. 44 was the lot that I got.. I asked the qn whether will I be able to conceive within these 6 months naturally without going thru ivf. Are you able to help advise??

I tried to get those 解签 uncle outside the temple to help me analyst the 签. But then I feel that I am being con by him... He never spoke much of the 签 and just told me a girl will be expected... Ask me to pray to 助生娘娘 and 华佗 for good health... And next moment said will help me pray and start writing on some paper with my name and never even told me that I need to pay for those until I asked. I end up spending ($2 for jieqian, $10 each for each god praying, next moment ask me for $3 and bought flowers.. Then when I reach upstairs..., I spent another $4 to buy a bottle of oil.. And then next the auntie helped me to pray and I got to pay her $4 and she ask me to tian xiang you $ and I dropped $2 inside the box...) all hidden costs...all started from a $2 jieqian. The whole time I just felt like a big carrot... Kanna chop...

I don't know who else I can find to decipher the lot after this incident. So hopefully I can get some advise here.

Dear ladies,

I will be returning 50 eggs each to the following temples that I had visited. I am blessed with a baby girl and had delivered last month.

1) Shuang lin shi Toa Payoh - today after 3 pm 10 Jan 16 Sunday
2) Tien Sen Tua Temple Paya Lebar - today after 3pm 10 Jan 16 Sunday

3) Seng Wong Beo Temple Tanjong Pagar - Next Sunday 17 Jan 16 time to be update again.
4) Telok Blangah Ting Kong Beo - Next Sunday 17 Jan 16 time to be update again.

Apologise for the last minute post as I had to ask hubby if he is able to drive me and also to get my mum looks after my baby. Thanks n lots of bb dusts!

Dear ladies,

I will be returning 50 eggs each to the following temples that I had visited. I am blessed with a baby girl and had delivered last month.

1) Shuang lin shi Toa Payoh - today after 3 pm 10 Jan 16 Sunday
2) Tien Sen Tua Temple Paya Lebar - today after 3pm 10 Jan 16 Sunday

3) Seng Wong Beo Temple Tanjong Pagar - Next Sunday 17 Jan 16 time to be update again.
4) Telok Blangah Ting Kong Beo - Next Sunday 17 Jan 16 time to be update again.

Apologise for the last minute post as I had to ask hubby if he is able to drive me and also to get my mum looks after my baby. Thanks n lots of bb dusts!
Hi Catherine may I know what time will u arrive on 17/1 at tanjong pagar?
Thanks

Dear ladies,

I will be returning 50 eggs each to the following temples today on 17 Jan 16.
A) Seng Wong Beo Temple Tanjong Pagar - Sunday 17 Jan 16 after 3pm
B) Telok Blangah Ting Kong Beo - Sunday 17 Jan 16 after 3pm.

Thanks n lots of bb dusts!

hi... can i check with u all.

my aunt told me dun eat red egg from baby full mth. cause patan ? is tt true, heard say some egg liao wont convice

Hi all, my twins turn 1 month old and I will be returning 100 red eggs to zhu Shang niang niang at Toa payoh shuang lin si on 23 Jan (sat) at 3pm. Baby dusts!

Hi 有缘人,

I am returning red eggs to Shuang Lin Temple 双林寺 at TPY tomorrow 23/1 after 10am, to thanks 註生娘娘 to bless us success in our first time IVF and my baby full month now.

p/s: I am vegetarian and 供奉藥師佛 and chanting 108次藥師佛咒 since I start IVF till now too.

Hi 有缘人,

I am returning red eggs to Shuang Lin Temple 双林寺 at TPY tomorrow 23/1 after 10am, to thanks 註生娘娘 to bless us success in our first time IVF and my baby full month now.

p/s: I am vegetarian and 供奉藥師佛 and chanting 108次藥師佛咒 since I start IVF till now too.
Hi

May I know how you chant the 108次藥師佛咒, got any link or can you send me copy of the chants. Thanks.

Hi, I would like to do the chao du ceremony for my miscarriage..may I know where to do it? This is my third miscarriage..and I would like to do altogether..
Thanks

Hope you find this useful.

Attachments

• 1453793902611.jpg
    1453793902611.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 487

Back