Zhu Sheng Niang Niang (注生娘娘)

Hello Shanshan,
光明山年底有水陆法会,现在可以开始报名了。可以拨电询问详情。

Hi
I just miscarriage recently. I thought only 超度 on lunar 7th month? If can only 超度 next year lunar month, can I try to conceive before that? What does 水陆法会 means?

Hi
I just miscarriage recently. I thought only 超度 on lunar 7th month? If can only 超度 next year lunar month, can I try to conceive before that? What does 水陆法会 means?

您好,
有几个法会是可以超度的,不仅在 7月。水陆法会是个大型的超度法会, 每年年底光明山都会办。这周就在办着。可以播电询问。

Then, I think i should let fate decide.
Shall let go my stubbornness.
Not to cling on anymore. Thanks.
But hor, this is my personal opinion only...THOUGH have how many children, it's dictated by Fate, somehow, I also believe that doing merits like donations, do good may change the situation.

Yes, am very bless.
Just concern for my girl. Unexpected pregnancy at teenage. Her EDD next Jun. Do not know if is fate or God's plan. Sigh.

Yes, am very bless.
Just concern for my girl. Unexpected pregnancy at teenage. Her EDD next Jun. Do not know if is fate or God's plan. Sigh.
well, maybe you can focus to take care of your grandkid cos it will be very tough for a teenager to understand how to care for a baby, the pains of engorgement etc...

well, maybe you can focus to take care of your grandkid cos it will be very tough for a teenager to understand how to care for a baby, the pains of engorgement etc...
Well, God has answered my prayer at wrong direction.
Also, those wanting to have kids trying hard cannot conceive even one.
Young girl not suppose to have kid got herself pregnant easily.
Thank q your advise. May u be bless with your bundle of joy very soon.
Cheers!

Well, God has answered my prayer at wrong direction.
Also, those wanting to have kids trying hard cannot conceive even one.
Young girl not suppose to have kid got herself pregnant easily.
Thank q your advise. May u be bless with your bundle of joy very soon.
Cheers!
Thanks teddy, well, life indeed works in its miraculous ways. perhaps, god knows that your daughter and grandkid need your help :) Anyway, congrats on being a grandmother!

您好,
有几个法会是可以超度的,不仅在 7月。水陆法会是个大型的超度法会, 每年年底光明山都会办。这周就在办着。可以播电询问。

Hi Rubilite,

Just saw your message. My hubby just call the hotline but no one pick up. Is it too late to book now as u say they doing this weekend right?

Hi,
I was told to reach 光明山before 11am. But once I reach here they say the $60 plus package only do 5 minute 超度?Ask me to come back next year 清明节 middle feb to register again.

Hi,
I was told to reach 光明山before 11am. But once I reach here they say the $60 plus package only do 5 minute 超度?Ask me to come back next year 清明节 middle feb to register again.
You can also consider Singapore Buddhist Youth Mission - Clementi Service Rd, Singapore 129582, number: 6775 5557

老师, 想请您指点。

请问是不是每做一次人工受孕, 没成功等于杀一次生命? 胚胎fertilized 了, 已经有灵魂?
有一点担心。

老师, 想请您指点。

有一点担心。
I would like to think that, you are giving the embryos an opportunity to mature into human beings, but it's fate that things do not materialize for them

Yup! You are right!
I would like to think that, you are giving the embryos an opportunity to mature into human beings, but it's fate that things do not materialize for them
thanks @SteveAu, thanks @towkayneo!
@towkayneo, thanks for ur comforting words. i feel better now. was in fear and felt upset cause i had hope for a success which didn't happen and suddenly became that i "killed" them. thanks much! appreciate the enlightenment..

thanks @SteveAu, thanks @towkayneo!
@towkayneo, thanks for ur comforting words. i feel better now. was in fear and felt upset cause i had hope for a success which didn't happen and suddenly became that i "killed" them. thanks much! appreciate the enlightenment..
Hi kissryl, there are many things that are out of our control - I guess so long as we did try our best to give them the best opportunity to live, to morph into human beings; our conscience is clear. So chill and cheer up!

Hi kissryl,

You are wrong. Once both of them are meet. It is consider as a life & if it die. It means there is killing. So you need to perform salvation for the baby.

Hi kissryl,

You are wrong. Once both of them are meet. It is consider as a life & if it die. It means there is killing. So you need to perform salvation for the baby.
@SteveAu, thanks for ur advice..
i think for now i see in same view as @towkayneo.

it is just as painful to not succeed and was not within my control that they didnt become a child (not abortion on purpose). mm, i will pray on my own but also choose to trust it is also due to fate. not my time yet for a child. will cont. go do good eat vegetarian and pray..
@towkayneo thanks very much again! :)

@SteveAu, thanks for ur advice..
i think for now i see in same view as @towkayneo.

it is just as painful to not succeed and was not within my control that they didnt become a child (not abortion on purpose). mm, i will pray on my own but also choose to trust it is also due to fate. not my time yet for a child. will cont. go do good eat vegetarian and pray..
@towkayneo thanks very much again! :)
Don't worry. I was like you previously, very lost cos I just couldn't have any kid back then in 2012. I prayed to Goddess of Mercy and other deities to help as I really really want to have a kid. I donated to charity and try to be a better person. I have a son now
But IVF depends heavily on science - try to follow what the doc suggests cos they know best of your condition and they will tailor a formula specifically for you - for example, maybe blastocyst works for you or maybe you need to do endo scratching before you do embryo transfer etc

It's so silly, superstitious to think that you need to pray to atone for a failed iui or ivf or a miscarriage. Why do you need to do that? It will only make yourself feel more guilt and remorse. Unless.. you made it fail or happen...

Don't worry. I was like you previously, very lost cos I just couldn't have any kid back then in 2012. I prayed to Goddess of Mercy and other deities to help as I really really want to have a kid. I donated to charity and try to be a better person. I have a son now
But IVF depends heavily on science - try to follow what the doc suggests cos they know best of your condition and they will tailor a formula specifically for you - for example, maybe blastocyst works for you or maybe you need to do endo scratching before you do embryo transfer etc
It's so silly, superstitious to think that you need to pray to atone for a failed iui or ivf or a miscarriage. Why do you need to do that? It will only make yourself feel more guilt and remorse. Unless.. you made it fail or happen...
@towkayneo thanks! very helpful! im a science person but also become kind of lost cos want to have kids to desperate extent lol.
i tried endo scratch le. guess i will jus wait for doc review then.

@bbcaromel, i have ppl telling me i must do that hence i got worried n in fact very upset over it. adding on to my sadness of a failed cycle and ya, guilt too..
but yes @towkayneo is right, I've done my best for the cycle already. my conscience is indeed clear cause i very much wanted it to happen.. so mm, just pure fate and unknown doings behind ba..

Hmmm, again, perhaps it's related to religion or maybe it's to close a chapter, so that the related party can move on easier.

towkayneo,
i like the way you think. I am like you too, pray, donate and try to be a better person, starting in 2012 too. And now i also have a son, a miracle of my life. Maybe our sons are of the same age. :)
Before that, i miscarried one child before i had him. So, i did chao du for the child i miscarried.

kissryl,
I think for IVF/IUI, you tried your best to create a new life and even if it failed, it is not your intention for it to fail at all. I feel that there is no need to blame yourself too.

towkayneo,
i like the way you think. I am like you too, pray, donate and try to be a better person, starting in 2012 too. And now i also have a son, a miracle of my life. Maybe our sons are of the same age. :)
Before that, i miscarried one child before i had him. So, i did chao du for the child i miscarried

we are in very similar situations - ya, my son is coming to 2 years old :) Before him, I went to chao du for a kid trapped in one of my Fallopian tubes (no choice, had to remove the tube too). I do feel more peaceful after undergoing the ritual - it's like another way of closing the chapter and move on.

we are in very similar situations - ya, my son is coming to 2 years old :) Before him, I went to chao du for a kid trapped in one of my Fallopian tubes (no choice, had to remove the tube too). I do feel more peaceful after undergoing the ritual - it's like another way of closing the chapter and move on.

Sorry to hear about your Eutopic pregnancy in the past. It must be very tough on you at that time. It must be very painful too. This is not easy and I feel that you are a strong lady. I feel the same as you, peaceful after doing the Chaodu. In fact i tried to do it every year (except for the year when i was preggy with my son.) By the way, my son is 2 year plus now. Really nice to know you.

Sorry to hear about your Eutopic pregnancy in the past. It must be very tough on you at that time. It must be very painful too. This is not easy and I feel that you are a strong lady. I feel the same as you, peaceful after doing the Chaodu. In fact i tried to do it every year (except for the year when i was preggy with my son.) By the way, my son is 2 year plus now. Really nice to know you.
Yeah, that was my 1st pregnancy and having to undergo it is really sucky. I think the pain of making the decision to remove the tube with the kid inside is more painful than anything else. *Big Sigh* Maybe it's just meant to be.
Some things just have to make you be stronger, no choice :(
Especially now we are mothers, we have to be even stronger for our sons :)
Glad to know you too, faithmummy!

@towkayneo thanks! very helpful! im a science person but also become kind of lost cos want to have kids to desperate extent lol.

@bbcaromel, i have ppl telling me i must do that hence i got worried n in fact very upset over it. adding on to my sadness of a failed cycle and ya, guilt too..
but yes @towkayneo is right, I've done my best for the cycle already. my conscience is indeed clear cause i very much wanted it to happen.. so mm, just pure fate and unknown doings behind ba..

Hi @kissryl, I feel your desperation as I’ve been through the same situation. Have eaten countless red eggs returned by the kind mummies at the temple, prayed sincerely to zsnn but nothing happened. After a while facing many BFNs, I learnt to let go and also figured out that other than science, very much depends on 'fate' with the child and tell myself that perhaps, everything is predestined in life. I felt better after letting go of that ‘emotional burden’; and when I know of friends around me getting preggy, I actually manage and embrace it much better. I also listen to heart sutras by Imee Ooi or I read books by Ajahn Brahm when I feel a bit lost or facing the fear of another failure knocking at my door. You might wish to try it. Anyway, what I’m trying to say is, don’t add additional stress to yourself by implementing what others tells you to do unless you are on the same page as them; or start blaming yourself that you’ve ‘killed’ a life when you didn’t. Indeed, as long as your conscience is clear, no one can fault you. Just continue in building up good karma; pray sincerely and all will be well. Good Luck!

Yeah, that was my 1st pregnancy and having to undergo it is really sucky. I think the pain of making the decision to remove the tube with the kid inside is more painful than anything else. *Big Sigh* Maybe it's just meant to be.
Some things just have to make you be stronger, no choice :(
Especially now we are mothers, we have to be even stronger for our sons :)
Glad to know you too, faithmummy!
Hi @kissryl, I feel your desperation as I’ve been through the same situation. Have eaten countless red eggs returned by the kind mummies at the temple, prayed sincerely to zsnn but nothing happened. After a while facing many BFNs, I learnt to let go and also figured out that other than science, very much depends on 'fate' with the child and tell myself that perhaps, everything is predestined in life. I felt better after letting go of that ‘emotional burden’; and when I know of friends around me getting preggy, I actually manage and embrace it much better. I also listen to heart sutras by Imee Ooi or I read books by Ajahn Brahm when I feel a bit lost or facing the fear of another failure knocking at my door. You might wish to try it. Anyway, what I’m trying to say is, don’t add additional stress to yourself by implementing what others tells you to do unless you are on the same page as them; or start blaming yourself that you’ve ‘killed’ a life when you didn’t. Indeed, as long as your conscience is clear, no one can fault you. Just continue in building up good karma; pray sincerely and all will be well. Good Luck!
@towkayneo sorry to hear about your ectopic preg. indeed that is way hard to handle than just a failed ivf. very glad that you have one in your arms now!
@milogal88 thanks a lot for the reco! im still trying to handle my emotions for the failed ivf but definitely the ladies around here helped me a lot in "seeing open" and i felt way better now towards the failed procedure.
thanks a lot for all your advices here!

Hi @kissryl, I feel your desperation as I’ve been through the same situation. Have eaten countless red eggs returned by the kind mummies at the temple, prayed sincerely to zsnn
Yeah! I ate many red eggs too. There was one time I stuffed 3 red eggs at one go. I forced my hubs to eat 3 red eggs too :p The Zhu Sheng Niang Niang temple is very zhun; many couples go back to return red eggs almost every weekend.

Yeah! I ate many red eggs too. There was one time I stuffed 3 red eggs at one go. I forced my hubs to eat 3 red eggs too :p The Zhu Sheng Niang Niang temple is very zhun; many couples go back to return red eggs almost every weekend.

Hmmmm but hor @towkayneo, I actually 'switched' to pray at the zsnn @ havelock road and got my wish granted that very cycle. All the while I had been praying at TPY Shuang Ling Si. Maybe the zsnn @ Havelock has got more quota? Haha... I really don't know. Thereafter, I've been praying there already. But if all goes well by then, I will return eggs to both temples.

Hmmmm but hor @towkayneo, I actually 'switched' to pray at the zsnn @ havelock road and got my wish granted that very cycle. All the while I had been praying at TPY Shuang Ling Si. Maybe the zsnn @ Havelock has got more quota? Haha... I really don't know. Thereafter, I've been praying there already. But if all goes well by then, I will return eggs to both temples.
hahaha....I think there are a few temples with Zhu Sheng Niang Niang - like there's one at Tanjong Pagar, another one at Teban Gardens. Ya I know the one at Havelock, the deity figurine is quite prominent.

i ate some red eggs too. :) and the tough thing was to force my hubby to eat as he was a tad unwilling. Luckily he still ate though. My wish was granted by TPY SL ZSNN when i have my boy.

hahaha....I think there are a few temples with Zhu Sheng Niang Niang - like there's one at Tanjong Pagar, another one at Teban Gardens. Ya I know the one at Havelock, the deity figurine is quite prominent.

I went to the one at Tanjong Pagar and somewhere near Raffles Place, the temple near to golden shoe carpark before but also no luck. Haha...so other than TCM hopping, I was also doing temple hopping!

I believe whether you have children is more or less destined. However, by doing more good deeds, chanting, being a vegetarian can sometimes touch
the heart of Buddha/ God's heart and blessed you with a baby. It is good to take things naturally and don't compare with people who get pregnant easily and take things for granted. I have a friend couple who did not give birth after married for more than 10 years. Initially, I thought they do not want to have kids, then 2 years back, the wife's is suddenly pregnant and I came to realise that they have tried many means and ways but in vain. Until one day they have totally given up, the wife managed to conceive naturally at around the age of 41. For those who are still trying, take things naturally, do more good deeds, say more good words and have a good heart, I believe good things will be coming your way. All the best for year 2016.

I believe whether you have children is more or less destined. However, by doing more good deeds, chanting, being a vegetarian can sometimes touch
the heart of Buddha/ God's heart and blessed you with a baby. It is good to take things naturally and don't compare with people who get pregnant easily and take things for granted. I have a friend couple who did not give birth after married for more than 10 years. Initially, I thought they do not want to have kids, then 2 years back, the wife's is suddenly pregnant and I came to realise that they have tried many means and ways but in vain. Until one day they have totally given up, the wife managed to conceive naturally at around the age of 41. For those who are still trying, take things naturally, do more good deeds, say more good words and have a good heart, I believe good things will be coming your way. All the best for year 2016.
actually i have also tried a lot things to pray for a baby. from praying sutras, gg temples frequently, trying red eggs, to going for yearly 3 step 1 bow at GMS, taking vegetarian every sat, 1st and 15th, fang sheng.
sadly, no news for me till now.
to an extent, will wonder if praying works.
but, of cause my goal is to have a family so i will not give up.
jiayou to everyone who is praying for a baby! :)

老师, 想请您指点。

有一点担心。

Of course not. Not every Embyro make it to blastocyst Which is why it's not easy to get pregnant cos even when sperm meet egg they need to be fertilise n progress further to blasto stage before they can hatch out from shell n implant into your womb. If it's chromosome abnormal embryo will not implant n this pregnancy will not occur.
People who do not understand how ivf works are just ignorant and therefore feel it's killing life.

Many people like to give advices and many are just not sensitive enough. Sometimes science can only do so much and there are many reason why ivf failed. I always believe with determination n perseverance one day U will succeed. I have gone through many cycles and come to understand whatever extra things we do be it supplements, endo scratch or meditation are just an extra boost to make you feel better. Ultimately it's the egg quality that count. We are born with a number of eggs and in this pool there are good and bad. U just need to wait for the good egg to surface. Jia you.

Many people like to give advices and many are just not sensitive enough. Sometimes science can only do so much and there are many reason why ivf failed. I always believe with determination n perseverance one day U will succeed. I have gone through many cycles and come to understand whatever extra things we do be it supplements, endo scratch or meditation are just an extra boost to make you feel better. Ultimately it's the egg quality that count. We are born with a number of eggs and in this pool there are good and bad. U just need to wait for the good egg to surface. Jia you.
Of course not. Not every Embyro make it to blastocyst Which is why it's not easy to get pregnant cos even when sperm meet egg they need to be fertilise n progress further to blasto stage before they can hatch out from shell n implant into your womb. If it's chromosome abnormal embryo will not implant n this pregnancy will not occur.
People who do not understand how ivf works are just ignorant and therefore feel it's killing life.
@Bunny33 many thanks for your kind advices!!
:)

Back