Your Baby Can Read!

sunny77

hi,

any mummy here bought the DVD for this? How is it and what is the result it really bring for the baby?

Pls share and advise.

Thk

Hi rayline,

how much you bought and where can I buy it in S'pore?

So, really as what they claim that your baby can read after watching the DVD?

thk

My DD enjoys watching it too. Can't be sure if she can read the words..but she managed to understand the meaning of the words. She enjoys the songs that are being sang too.

mine too...she is 8mths old and enjoy watching..loves the songs until shake shake her legs..keke

hmm u may find good buy through the WTS thread

Watching "Your Baby Can Read" works! My girl started watching the DVD when she was 4 months old together with the books. She is a fluent reader by 3.5 years old. She can read Lady Bird series level 3 by herself. She can read street names / signs too. So I encourage mummies to get a set for your baby.

i have this but my son only loves the singing part.. he's 15months old now.. but i still play this so he can listen to it while playing..

dear all,

your baby can read is really effective. my baby started reading at 10 mths..first few words are clap, wave, tiger, hi and cat. when i wrote the word clap on the doodle board, she clapped her hands, when i wrote the word wave, she waved her hands and said ave, she says cat when i wrote cat , so on and so forth..really im serious and no joke. i thought it might be coincidence, so i tested again next morning and same performance. now she is 14 mths old and she can read up to 20 words shown in the dvd. she points to her nose, toes, head when she sees the word written. she does the eentsy wincy spider action when i write the word spider, and when i show her the word comb, she does the comb hair action. the word that im most amazed with is diaper because when she sees the word diaper, she said per. the list is continue growing...

dear pam, you are right to a certain extent that we should not rely on dvds to teach. however, it depends on how the parents use the dvds. if you are just using dvds to babysit the child, then it would be wrong. on my part, i watch the dvd together with my girl and we do actions together. therefore by 7 months old, she was already doing the eensty wincy spider actions when she hears the song. by 9 mths she could already perform the commands like raise up your hand, clap your hand. in addition, she only watches strictly your baby can read and no other programs and i stick to the schedule prescribed by the guy who made this dvd. so its just 1 hour of dvd per day. we also do lots of talking, learning through daily interaction. i am a SAHM so i spend 24/7 with my girl. therefore to sum up, it really depends on how the parents use the dvds....if it is interactive more than passive, i wouldnt condemn the use of dvds but wouldnt encourage the total absolute reliance on dvd to teach.

Cos I dun have time to flash cards with my kid.
I just let him watched all the DVDs, Your baby can read, Baby Einstein....
He could read independently by 2.5 yrs

EliteMom,
Instead of posting here, a non-related selling thread to sell your things (not permitted accdg to SMH rulings),why not participate and give your views on YBCR, since that is the topic discussed afterall?

Your Baby Can Read is very effective. my son can read and sign by 9 month. Its amazing. my daughter is almost 4 year old and she read the whole collection of Eric Carle's and And I can read series level 3...highly recommended.

Back