Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

His skills Gd. I give a thumb up. My 1st one I done it with half awake. He still can joke with me. I don't feel any pain. After 3yrs the scar is flat.

Hey babe, does kkh allow hubby to go in OT if it's elective csec with 1/2 body epi? I have mixed answers. Some say can some say cannot

Hi ladies, I just got my first trimester screening (FTS) result from KKH.
They deemed me as low risk based on the blood test and ultrascan. Think they called it OSCARS which has detection rate up to 90%. As such, KKH propose there's no need for further scan or test until week 20.

Now, I'm planning to switch from KKH to private gynae...and the private nurse actually advised me to go for further test such as NIPT (harmony/paronama) or CVS.
Her reasoning are 1. I'm 38 and is deem as high risk; 2. The propose tests are much conclusive than OSCARS.
I'm in dilemma as I thought KKH test should be sufficient enough and the result waiting period is nerves wreaking.

Which will you pick if to be in same situation?
1. Go for NIPT to boast the confidence level to 99%?
2. Go for CVS to have a definite answer? But there's 1% of miscarriage risk! Being pregnant is already a miracle, is the risk worth it?
3. Do nothing. Just stay with OSCARS result.

Thanks!

They deemed me as low risk based on the blood test and ultrascan. Think they called it OSCARS which has detection rate up to 90%. As such, KKH propose there's no need for further scan or test until week 20.

Now, I'm planning to switch from KKH to private gynae...and the private nurse actually advised me to go for further test such as NIPT (harmony/paronama) or CVS.
Her reasoning are 1. I'm 38 and is deem as high risk; 2. The propose tests are much conclusive than OSCARS.
I'm in dilemma as I thought KKH test should be sufficient enough and the result waiting period is nerves wreaking.

2. Go for CVS to have a definite answer? But there's 1% of miscarriage risk! Being pregnant is already a miracle, is the risk worth it?

Thanks!

For a peace of mind I would do harmony test cos it's 99 percent accuracy n non invasive. Just draw two tubes of blood from you and ten days later U will know the result.

We did so iui. At private. Dr told us we still young. Hence no problem. But we went ahead harmony. Result low risk. Cost 1.2k. (Exclude gst). However, if really wan do amino. Dr say going to terminate if anything wrong?? If not, leave it. In your case, if really wan to proceed peace of mind. I would say just do harmony at kkh. $$ wise

I actually got pissed off by dr tan at that moment cos it was damn painful. Really like shoving a sharp object all the way up
I Kena when got bleeding at 1st trimester lor.. To me is pain too whether with Dr Tan or 24 hrs clinic. But my friend a nurse insist they sure got put gel, so shouldn't be painful!

Thanks!

Hello, first think you should ask yourself is that IF the result for subsequently test is no good, will you take drastic action? if the answer is a flat NO, then you should just go for option 3

His skills Gd. I give a thumb up. My 1st one I done it with half awake. He still can joke with me. I don't feel any pain. After 3yrs the scar is flat.

Thanks for the reply .....as am quite scare of surgery....:(

May I also know how long it take for u to be fully able to recover from the c-section? I was hoping to breast feed Asap but scare c-section may hinder the process cos of the after surgery pain.....

Thanks for the reply .....as am quite scare of surgery....:(

May I also know how long it take for u to be fully able to recover from the c-section? I was hoping to breast feed Asap but scare c-section may hinder the process cos of the after surgery pain.....
My surgery is done at late night. By the time dr tan stitched me and sent me back to ward is like 2-3am. I too exhausted. I start BF when I wake up early in the morning. Have to ask the nurse bring the baby to u. Cos cannot move. Bring a binder will help to support your tummy. Then u can sit up abt 45degree. 1st time csect very pain to move.

I done my Csect ard 11pm. This next day can't get out of bed. Painful + they put a urine catheter max I can sit abt 45degree. Discharge on the 3th day. Walk like old lady. Have to bend abit n super slowly. I use a binder to support my tummy. In car told my Dh not to drive too fast over the bump. Took me abt 4-5 days to walk straight but still slowly. 1-2wks have someone to shower n take care of baby. Only BF time is with me.

I Kena when got bleeding at 1st trimester lor.. To me is pain too whether with Dr Tan or 24 hrs clinic. But my friend a nurse insist they sure got put gel, so shouldn't be painful!
Can understand the feeling especially we r so worry already. Hope to settle the bleeding n Dr still want to check whether any opening at the V.

My surgery is done at late night. By the time dr tan stitched me and sent me back to ward is like 2-3am. I too exhausted. I start BF when I wake up early in the morning. Have to ask the nurse bring the baby to u. Cos cannot move. Bring a binder will help to support your tummy. Then u can sit up abt 45degree. 1st time csect very pain to move.

thanks for sharing the experience. how come ur c sect schedule at night? isit emergency?

Hi all,
I'm a first time mummy-to-be-ivf-baby. My 2ww was just over yesterday. BFP but forgotten to ask nurse my beta level.
Last year May I went through an ectopic pregnancy from an IUI baby. Diagnosed at week 5 and immediate went laparoscopy to terminate the pregnancy and remove the affected fallopian tube. Currently left with 1 more tube, unfortunately this one tube has been damaged way before (known problem).
At this stage, I guess it is quite normal for me to have a fear and worry of another unfortunate incident (ectopic) until the scanning confirm that my baby healthily sitting on my womb. I will be going for scan on 22.March. Praying for a good result. And my prayer goes to all ladies in this forum too.
Hi all, something feels different for me yesterday and today. These 2 days i,'ve started to have brown discharge. It looks like some leftover from the CRINONE comes out from below. I'm not sure if it is really because of CRINONE.
I currently at 4 weeks BFP. I am now on vaginal insertion of utrogestan morning and night, and crinone and estrofem during mid day. And also taking duphaston twice a day.
Hope to hear some advise from others who had the same experience as mine. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Can I check how often do you visit your gynae during first tri? I saw my gynae at week5, week 6 and week 7 and I wanted the visit to be less frequent cos so far no major issues and I want to save $... Is it ok if I visit my gynae like only at week 10 and week 13 ah (i.e. 3 weeks interval instead?). I'm thinking maybe my case is ivf so my gynae is very careful in monitoring me.

Appreciate your sharing of experience. Thanks

Hi all,

Can I check how often do you visit your gynae during first tri? I saw my gynae at week5, week 6 and week 7 and I wanted the visit to be less frequent cos so far no major issues and I want to save $... Is it ok if I visit my gynae like only at week 10 and week 13 ah (i.e. 3 weeks interval instead?). I'm thinking maybe my case is ivf so my gynae is very careful in monitoring me.

Usually first tri is every two weeks to monitor. After week 12 is every 4 weeks. You can discuss with your gynae.

Hi all,

my gynae only see me every 4 weeks during 1st trimester. And I have bleeding every week from week 5 to week 8, making trip to 24 hours every few days.. Make me fed up. If given a choice, I rather see him every week!

my gynae only see me every 4 weeks during 1st trimester. And I have bleeding every week from week 5 to week 8, making trip to 24 hours every few days.. Make me fed up. If given a choice, I rather see him every week!
Haha, not only are there diff type of gynae, there are also diff type of patients. Some prefer to see more often, some prefer less... I also had spotting at week 5.. Due to SCH.. But the clot seem to have grown smaller hence I'm thinking I can see my gynae less often hehe. Thanks for sharing your experience and view! :)

Bunny33, Phantom, aaa11
Thanks for your input :)
We decide to stay put.

I shall pray that bb can stay healthy and wish all mother-to-be have a smooth pregnancy.

Our detailed scan on 30 March. Last two weeks saw bb kick and hear heart beat. Got video too. Every time take and view is happy and we laugh. before so iui positive worry. Now also even worry. All of us same right??? Let's pray hard and hope all of in this journey is safe and blessed. tough it is.

Bunny33, Phantom, aaa11
Thanks for your input :)
We decide to stay put.

I shall pray that bb can stay healthy and wish all mother-to-be have a smooth pregnancy.

Hello, i am glad that your hubby and yourself have decide on the path forward. Maybe you can consider to invest the $$$ save on more yummy and nutritious food for yourself or/and invest in some maternity & unborn bb related insurance plan, do consult your preferred insurance agent for more advice.

Jia you.

Halo fellow mummies,

Im now at week 16.
Have u gals took up prenatal insurance?

Only AIA n AXA cover IVF pregnancies?both are investment-linked?Any advise whether this insurance is worth getting?

TIA!

Hi all,

First trimester is every 2 weeks for me. 2nd trimester is every 4 weeks. 3rd Trimester is every 2-3 weeks.

Ehhhh...this one not so sure, but I think won't kenna check, cos serves no purpose :/

Imagine during labour, different midwives on shift walk in and shove their 2 fingers up to see how much you dilate. Traumatizing!

Woahhhhh.. sounds painful and scary. You mean they will show it all the way up?

I've got a subchorionic hematoma so I've been bleeding/spotting since week 11 (now week 14). Yeah the cervix exam is painful regardless who is doing it man..

Our detailed scan on 30 March. Last two weeks saw bb kick and hear heart beat. Got video too. Every time take and view is happy and we laugh. before so iui positive worry. Now also even worry. All of us same right??? Let's pray hard and hope all of in this journey is safe and blessed. tough it is.

I think it's same for us all. Whole pregnancy is like roller coaster ride.. From ivf to each scan, each weird sensation, everything also worry! Yes hope we all complete the journey safely..

Haha, not only are there diff type of gynae, there are also diff type of patients. Some prefer to see more often, some prefer less... I also had spotting at week 5.. Due to SCH.. But the clot seem to have grown smaller hence I'm thinking I can see my gynae less often hehe. Thanks for sharing your experience and view! :)

How many weeks are you at now? I have sch too and am still bleeding/spotting now. I can see from scan pic it has gotten bigger although I am already bedresting diligently. Frustrated..don't know what i can do other than eating progesterone pills. My gynae chill leh, schedule me as per normal 4 weeks. To be honest, I'd rather see him weekly to get progesterone jabs!

How many weeks are you at now? I have sch too and am still bleeding/spotting now. I can see from scan pic it has gotten bigger although I am already bedresting diligently. Frustrated..don't know what i can do other than eating progesterone pills. My gynae chill leh, schedule me as per normal 4 weeks. To be honest, I'd rather see him weekly to get progesterone jabs!
Hi hi,
I'm at week 8 now.. Still very early days.. Saw my Sch during my week 5 scan and then I spotted for two days (mainly brown crinone discharge and when I wipe)... Gynae just asked me to rest. When I see him at week 7, he said my Sch became smaller and he is not so concerned now.

I googled this Sch thing got no med to stop or help one.. Only choice is to bed rest and hope it goes away.. And the location of the Sch determines how critical it can be.

I think your gynae should know his stuff and think it's not a big concern hence he didn't see u so often, but just that we all super kan cheong which I can totally understand. I contacted my gynae every day when I was spotting also.

By the way I'm on weekly progesterone jabs and 2 crinones a day plus duphaston and progynova. So I think there's no further support my gynae can provide me anymore.

Hopefully your Sch will be absorbed and disappear soon! Jiayou!

Ya lor....All the way up to the extent that you feel their NAILS digging straight into your cervix (though I believe it's just their fingers)

*faints* So maybe should check and ensure only those without long fingernails can do the check so it'll be less painful? But the idea of fingers also already sound painful. URGH.

*faints* So maybe should check and ensure only those without long fingernails can do the check so it'll be less painful? But the idea of fingers also already sound painful. URGH.
Actually imagine how many times your cervix will be checked (or dug) for dilation during labour and I really salute those who refused epidural!

With epidural, it's ok to have cervix checks many times :p

@towkayneo Is d pain for pap smear postnatal equivalent to the dilation test ah? I din wemt bac to do for my #1. For #2, handsome doc kept apologising when he was checking for dilation. If the pain is equivalent, i tink i will faint!

Actually imagine how many times your cervix will be checked (or dug) for dilation during labour and I really salute those who refused epidural!

With epidural, it's ok to have cervix checks many times :p

Woah you mean they will check many times is it?

I'm actually aiming for natural ie. no epidural etc. I'm attending hypnobirthing classes and really hope I can do it natural. :-/ But scary also ah.

@towkayneo Is d pain for pap smear postnatal equivalent to the dilation test ah? I din wemt bac to do for my #1. For #2, handsome doc kept apologising when he was checking for dilation. If the pain is equivalent, i tink i will faint!
Nope, pap smear is nothing, the worst is just a prick.

The dilation check is really buay tahan. It's 2 fingers pushing all the way up. Maybe can I say it's like 1st time having sex, breaking the membrane, that kind of feel?

Wa, wonder if this pix will cause emotional trauma not :p
tumblr_inline_nrv0qqjm7s1r54lbd_540.jpg

Woah you mean they will check many times is it?

I'm actually aiming for natural ie. no epidural etc. I'm attending hypnobirthing classes and really hope I can do it natural. :-/ But scary also ah.
Ya, during labour, they have to check many times to see how far you have dilated and if it's time to push. Cos if you start to push before 10cm, you will hurt yourself and maybe it's also time to page the doc to come in to help you with the labour.

That time I was very kiasee, 3cm dilate and I screamed for the epidural. But hor, the cramps are quite bad with 3cm dilation, I don't know how far I could have tahan without epidural.

The body works wonders - you are sort of "forced" to push even though full dilation may not occur yet...so have to control NOT to push. At the end of the day, the legs just feel jelly, cos you have to keep raising the 2 elephant legs :p

Heng ah. If not hor, i bet handsome doc will invite me out of d room.

No la, i think d graphical rep is abit 夸张la. Not possible to touch bb's head coz he/she not even in the birth canal yet. In my case, i think d epi is to stop me from pushing. D cramps are bearable but the urge to push is super over-whelming. Like what @towkayneo said, if we push before we dilate to 10cm, we will end up hurting ourselves. Imho, If we know our threshold is low, better opt for epi first.

Heng ah. If not hor, i bet handsome doc will invite me out of d room.

No la, i think d graphical rep is abit 夸张la. Not possible to touch bb's head coz he/she not even in the birth canal yet. In my case, i think d epi is to stop me from pushing. D cramps are bearable but the urge to push is super over-whelming. Like what @towkayneo said, if we push before we dilate to 10cm, we will end up hurting ourselves. Imho, If we know our threshold is low, better opt for epi first.
Ya lo ya lo..I wonder if this time round, would it be easier and faster for me (This is my 2nd baby). I was toying with the idea of no epidural, but looking at my super low pain threshold, SIGH!
It's possible to go without epidural and go natural all the way, 2 of my friends who gave birth this year did that, so quite tempted :p

Ya lo ya lo..I wonder if this time round, would it be easier and faster for me (This is my 2nd baby). I was toying with the idea of no epidural, but looking at my super low pain threshold, SIGH!
It's possible to go without epidural and go natural all the way, 2 of my friends who gave birth this year did that, so quite tempted :p
I got this phobia of tear or cut during the birthing process. Though never give birth before but somehow the thought of it just freaks me out...

Ya, during labour, they have to check many times to see how far you have dilated and if it's time to push. Cos if you start to push before 10cm, you will hurt yourself and maybe it's also time to page the doc to come in to help you with the labour.

That time I was very kiasee, 3cm dilate and I screamed for the epidural. But hor, the cramps are quite bad with 3cm dilation, I don't know how far I could have tahan without epidural.

The body works wonders - you are sort of "forced" to push even though full dilation may not occur yet...so have to control NOT to push. At the end of the day, the legs just feel jelly, cos you have to keep raising the 2 elephant legs :p

Woah 3cm already very pain eh?
I don't know how I'm going to be a heroine and refuse all the help.
My instructor showed us videos of ppl who did hypnobirthing and they were so calm.
Was telling my Dr that I want natural and she said to keep my options open.
For hypnobirthing, we're told 1) to breathe through nose and not mouth 2) to breathe the baby out and not push.
I hope I can do it. So scary now that it's nearer! :-/

My instructor showed us videos of ppl who did hypnobirthing and they were so calm.
For hypnobirthing, we're told 1) to breathe through nose and not mouth 2) to breathe the baby out and not push.

Hello, the video you watch may be all the mummy yelling portion kanna editted out le. ha ha. (I anyhow say just teasing you ya) Jia you

Mine is faster this time (also 2nd baby). I was also toying with the idea of going all natural, but i scared i lun till cannot lun ah, want epidural but too late. So ended up opting for it.

I got this phobia of tear or cut during the birthing process. Though never give birth before but somehow the thought of it just freaks me out...

Actually a cut is inevitable. Like what @towkayneo said, you won't feel it if under epi. The wound oso healed quite fast if you are diligent in taking Vit C. Shld be ok de.

My fren endure and she said pain till she tore the bedsheet n shitted on the spot. Luckily still in time for Epi.
Ladies if U think U can't endure better opt for it before 5cm. Once after 5cm dr cannot give U Epi le.

Haha! I went to the prenatal class and they taught me on the breathing techniques. For me, it's useless. The laughing gas has no effect too. I was feeling damn mad & helpless and in great pain (yes, 3cm! And that anesthetist took her own sweet time to hook me up to the epidural machine) scary but exciting at the same time cos it's one of life's most exciting affair

Mine is faster this time (also 2nd baby). I was also toying with the idea of going all natural, but i scared i lun till cannot lun ah, want epidural but too late. So ended up opting for it.
Ya lo! Like lun lun lun until 5-6cm then opt for epidural, then those hours of pain are in vain. I also thought about that also

Back